NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parking Over Someones Driveway

+5
Syl
Tommy Monk
'Wolfie
veya_victaous
Major
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Parking Over Someones Driveway Empty Re: Parking Over Someones Driveway

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:20 am

Isn't it illegal? it is illegal here even if it is your own driveway
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:55 am

Cool

I WOULD move it myself...

If the owner kept on offending, (if they were foolish enough,  after finding it moved forcibly..), call the police and let them impound the vehicle...

(I followed a couple of links lower down in the Sun story in the O/P,  and eventually found a video of a farmer moving a car blocking a country lane over there in England (lower down in the following story) --   https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2501498/homeowner-left-fuming-as-no-parking-concrete-posts-are-put-up-in-front-of-his-new-drive-way/  ).

Parking Over Someones Driveway 3738099605
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:57 am

Give the traffic wardens a ring... they'll love slapping tickets on it...

It is a parking offence to even have part of your car next to the sloping dropped kerb bit at the sides of driveway... I know this cos I got a ticket for it a couple years ago!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:08 pm

Its not illegal and there is no yellow lines. So a traffic warden could do nothing.

There is a very simple solution to the problem

They should park their cars on the driveways, as the unethical mother does, so then nobody can park there.

Its not rocket science to resolve.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:09 pm

Dodge, I've had a ticket for it.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:10 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Dodge, I've had a ticket for it.

The name is Thorin, unless you want me to refer to you as Twatty?

Then there was yellow lines

Again, I suggest you check the law

Its not illegal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:12 pm

No yellow lines and yes I did get a ticket for it.

You need to look up 'parking dropped kerb'...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:14 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:No yellow lines and yes I did get a ticket for it.

You need to look up 'parking dropped kerb'...

Dropped kerb is in regards to for those with disabilities with access and still not illegal

Not driveways, so you parked in front of a through way for people with disabilities

Not a driveway

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:30 pm

No... I parked next to a pavement and back wheel was next to the start of a dropped kerb.

No yellow lines.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:33 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:No... I parked next to a pavement and back wheel was next to the start of a dropped kerb.

No yellow lines.

Well either you are lying or there was yellow lines or the council is illegally giving out fines

"This is where the battle of etiquette and law comes into full view - the Highway Code, paragraph 207, asks that people ‘do not’ park their vehicle where it might cause an obstruction to other pedestrians or road users and cites the example of not parking in front of another person’s driveway. It does not legally state that a person ‘must not’ park in front of another driveway. Therefore, whilst mutual respect between road users tends to dictate a policy of not doing this so as to avoid unnecessary conflict, it’s not backed up by law so if you experience problems with this and your neighbour digs their heels in and refuses to co-operate, all you can then do, if you need guaranteed access and exit, is to park your car elsewhere and not on your driveway.

It really comes down to a matter of common decency. By speaking calmly and politely with your neighbours you can try to resolve the issue without any tempers fraying. Just remember, however, that unless they are breaking the law, people are entitled to park anywhere they want to on a public highway providing they aren’t in breach of the Highway Code. If they are, then you can report that matter to the police if further action needs to be taken.

Motorists parking their cars are not the only ones who must obey the law and regulations. Councils can only make parking regulations (known as “Traffic Regulation Orders” or “Traffic Management Orders”) and enforce parking contraventions in accordance with the law. For example, councils must comply with regulations that say how parking controls are signed.

Under the decriminalised scheme brought in by the Road Traffic Act 1991, when a vehicle is, for example, parked on a yellow line during controlled hours, it is said to be parked ‘in contravention of the regulations’. Thus there are no offences, merely contraventions."

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:44 pm

Selfish cow.
But look on the bright side, it's given her an opportunity to get several posed pics of herself in the tabloids....every cloud. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:08 pm

A lady a few doors down from me had a car parked across her driveway, she could not get her car out. She called the Police who agreed that the driver was breaking the law by causing an "Obstruction" by impeding the flow of traffic, ie, the owner of the car was obstructed the legal right of the householder from entering and leaving his/her property. The car was removed by a breakdown truck and the owner was bound over for 12 months !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:30 pm

Thorin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:No... I parked next to a pavement and back wheel was next to the start of a dropped kerb.

No yellow lines.

Well either you are lying or there was yellow lines or the council is illegally giving out fines

"This is where the battle of etiquette and law comes into full view - the Highway Code, paragraph 207, asks that people ‘do not’ park their vehicle where it might cause an obstruction to other pedestrians or road users and cites the example of not parking in front of another person’s driveway. It does not legally state that a person ‘must not’ park in front of another driveway. Therefore, whilst mutual respect between road users tends to dictate a policy of not doing this so as to avoid unnecessary conflict, it’s not backed up by law so if you experience problems with this and your neighbour digs their heels in and refuses to co-operate, all you can then do, if you need guaranteed access and exit, is to park your car elsewhere and not on your driveway.

It really comes down to a matter of common decency. By speaking calmly and politely with your neighbours you can try to resolve the issue without any tempers fraying. Just remember, however, that unless they are breaking the law, people are entitled to park anywhere they want to on a public highway providing they aren’t in breach of the Highway Code. If they are, then you can report that matter to the police if further action needs to be taken.

Motorists parking their cars are not the only ones who must obey the law and regulations. Councils can only make parking regulations (known as “Traffic Regulation Orders” or “Traffic Management Orders”) and enforce parking contraventions in accordance with the law. For example, councils must comply with regulations that say how parking controls are signed.

Under the decriminalised scheme brought in by the Road Traffic Act 1991, when a vehicle is, for example, parked on a yellow line during controlled hours, it is said to be parked ‘in contravention of the regulations’. Thus there are no offences, merely contraventions."

Penalty notice contravention code 27.

You get a parking ticket from traffic wardens for it where I live.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:35 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Thorin wrote:

So basically you are living in a borough of London, where they are mugging you off.

http://penaltychargenotice.co.uk/parking/contraventions-for-parking/contravention-code-27/

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:56 pm

It's apparently a problem of the laws where you live. When someone does that to me (townhouse) I've had no problems having the vehicle removed. I don't care what they do with it, but I gather they have an impound yard.

I have had the pleasure of the neighbor pounding on my door, calling me all sorts of names. They think if they can just explain, they would be found in the right. I just smile sweetly and close the door, much as I do here.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:52 pm

Thorin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

So basically you are living in a borough of London, where they are mugging you off.

http://penaltychargenotice.co.uk/parking/contraventions-for-parking/contravention-code-27/

Probably...

I can't read that Web site for some reason... could you copy and paste what it says here for me?

I might try to get my 100 quid back...!

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:57 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Probably...

I can't read that Web site for some reason... could you copy and paste what it says here for me?

I might try to get my 100 quid back...!

lol!

I will try later lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:25 pm

Some people, if polite requests don't work, would take the law into their own hands.
Personally I would not blame anyone.
I was continuously blocked in by idiot neighbours when I needed quick access in and out when I cared for my mum. The neighbours own drive would be free....mine would be blocked.
Eventually my son had "a word"....it never happened again.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:10 pm

Major wrote:Clandestine retribution works.

Yes...as long as no one gets hurt.

much. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:57 pm

Major wrote:Clandestine retribution works.

Keying a car? Somehow they always know who did it.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:05 pm

A ton and a half of Series 2a Land Rover, particularly with a military bumper (fender) girder, would soon sort out the lady's poncey "Kensington Tractor" Disco.....
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:47 am

pirat

I agree with Fred...

My Ford Territory SUV weighs 2.3 tonnes...

It could push any namby-pamby  LR 'sports'/RR evoque/Kluger/Rav4/Suzuki "Toorak tractor " out of the way easily..

Even better could be a 'Cruiser, Nissan Patrol, or a Yank "pick up truck" fitted with a big torquey diesel motor ==  you could even push a school bus out of the way with one of those.

Then there's always the forklift option..      Twisted Evil

P.S.  Notice the car in the O/P photo's doesn't quite match the car described in the story ?  Lazy photographer, or what....        scratch
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:25 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:pirat

I agree with Fred...

My Ford Territory SUV weighs 2.3 tonnes...

It could push any namby-pamby  LR 'sports'/RR evoque/Kluger/Rav4/Suzuki "Toorak tractor " out of the way easily..

Even better could be a 'Cruiser, Nissan Patrol, or a Yank "pick up truck" fitted with a big torquey diesel motor ==  you could even push a school bus out of the way with one of those.

Then there's always the forklift option..      Twisted Evil

P.S.  Notice the car in the O/P photo's doesn't quite match the car described in the story ?  Lazy photographer, or what....        scratch

Yes, one's a Range Rover Evoque and the other is a Land Rover Discovery Sport, I think.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:29 pm

Some do's and dont's re parking illegally.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/2637854/street-parking-law/

"According to the Highway Code, you must not park...

On a pedestrian crossing, including the area marked by the zig-zag lines
In marked taxi bays
In a cycle lane
On red lines
In spaces reserved for Blue Badge holders, residents or motorbikes (unless entitled to do so)
Near a school entrance
Anywhere that would prevent access for Emergency Services
At or near a bus/tram stop
Opposite or within 10 metres of a junction
Over a dropped kerb
In front of the entrance to a property"

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:50 pm

Major wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:A ton and a half of Series 2a Land Rover, particularly with a military bumper (fender) girder, would soon sort out the lady's poncey "Kensington Tractor" Disco.....

"Kensington Tractor" do I detect a bit of jealousy???lol

On my shooting days quite a few turn up in very useful Range Rovers equipped with a highly polished mahogany gun, ammunition and drinks cabinet which can be taken out when not in use.

Jealous? Moi? Good grief, no. I just question why in the name of all that's holy should anyone living in a city (and rarely venturing out of it) want a Land Rover Disco (even less a bloody Evoque!)? When I used to commute into Cambridge every day the roads surrounding the city were absolutely stuffed with pristine and highly polished Range Rovers and Evoques driven by yummy mummies en route to school with their little darlings .

I have a Series Landy (one of the last of the iconic 2a County Station Wagons) simply because I love Series Landies - now on my fourth - and, more importantly, have to have something that will get me up a very rough and rutted track into my woodland carrying me, a wet smelly dog and stuff like chainsaws and petrol cans.

For long runs (and in deference to the ancient imperial carcase) I drive a (and here I hangs me head in shame) a Beamer.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:06 pm

I have been surprised how many hatch back do the commute around here, I followed the advice and got a 4wd with bull bar etc and with the fires it did make it easier as I did have to take some unsealed roads but they are kept in fairly good condition a hatchback could do it.

I guess I only 'really' matter if you hit a roo or something. Parking Over Someones Driveway 2190311264 (which is the example of disaster people normally gave)
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:06 am

Embarassed

WITH my beekeeping over the years, I have found that you only need a 2WD vehicle to get you into trouble...

(A handful of times, I had to get a tractor in, to pull a 2WD ute out in slippery conditions..).

A 4WD or AWD will pay for itself, the day it helps to get you out of trouble, or avoid troubles all together..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:05 pm

"Kensington tractors"...I love it. I have always driven either pickup trucks (Dodge Rams) or SUV's (GMC Jimmys...cum Yukons). I lived in Arizona for 19-years, where canyoneering and hiking were everyday sports, and you need a 4wd.

There was also a big argument when the safety council came out with stats that showed that big vehicles help passengers survive accidents better. I suspect that is the reason why so many 110-lb suburban soccer-moms drive 3-ton vehicles--they're hauling their babies.

Now that I"m back in la-la California, I find I use truck chassis vehicles only for travel in Sierra snow. Gas mileage is the determining factor when you are crawling in traffic. But then...you should really be on public transportation.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:59 pm

I have a Ford Fiesta
But then, I don't have a penis so my car is simply to get me where I need to go.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:32 pm

Major wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:I have a Ford Fiesta
But then, I don't have a penis so my car is simply to get me where I need to go.

Luv it, Miffs,, made me smile

Thanks Major Wink
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:45 pm

Major wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:

Thanks Major Wink

Be careful Miffs, they will make up lies about us if they detect a modicum of mirth.. lol! lol! lol!

Ah but I just called Veya a cock so I will be banned before that lol!
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:57 pm

I would opt for having this:

Parking Over Someones Driveway Pic1-600x394-1365490993

The realm of outrageous conveyances contrived by precious designers is usually confined to superyachts and supercars. Now you can add “super terrain vehicle” to that list. So what’s the hell is an STV exactly? The folks at Shadow Hawk have the answer. The €1 million vehicle looks like a Hummer on steroids – Dartz by way of Colorado, if you will, where Shadow Hawk is based. The Shadow Hawk STV is designed to be both a high performance road machine and off road vehicle with nearly unlimited versatility and a full complement of armour plating.

Available only built to order, production will be limited to 12 examples per year. Although fully customizable, there are several configurations to choose from: Steel Hawk, Street Hawk, Terra Hawk, Desert Hawk, Armor Hawk and Battle Hawk. Daylight cameras, active suspension, camber and caster control systems, driver activated ride height control, 46 inch wheel travel and 3/16 inch monocoque construction are common to all; the high performance Street Hawk comes equipped with a monster 1,100 hp engine. Apparently these guys are serious.

Parking Over Someones Driveway Shadow-hawk-futuristic-car-admored-vehicle-03

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:31 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
Major wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:

Thanks Major Wink

Be careful Miffs, they will make up lies about us if they detect a modicum of mirth.. lol! lol! lol!

Not really, I have never been that into cars by comparison to my peers.
Until the Audi, I always used to buy bomb cars and just drive 'em till they die.
for about 6 months at uni I drove a car with no 2nd gear and no reverse, literally put my foot out the door and Flintstones style to go backwards Razz Razz Razz Razz

the Hilux is the first car have had built post 2000. it's an 08 model.
I'd hazard a Guess you paid more for your Fiesta than I did my Audi (since it was 9 years old when I bought it) the thing is I have lots of friends including mechanics so pay fuck all for labor and have been taught a lot over the years. ( I fix their computers etc for free)

And also the only guys love fast cars thing is SO bullshit.
some of the craziest V8s are driven and owned by chicks.
Motorsport is increasing popular with women down here.
And it really should be a gender neutral sport, Unlike football or something
there is no advantage being bigger and stronger.

I bought my Hilux off a Chick she had it for years (her boyfriend is actually unlicensed from getting into a police chase when he was younger) technically she choose the mods, And to annoy didge, She is a Palestinian Australian. pretty sure she was born Muslim but she is atheist/secular now and her Boyfriend is a Bogan Aussie as they come Razz Razz Razz Razz
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:24 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:

I bought my Hilux off a Chick she had it for years (her boyfriend is actually unlicensed from getting into a police chase when he was younger)  technically she choose the mods, And to annoy didge, She is a Palestinian Australian. pretty sure she was born Muslim but she is atheist/secular now and her Boyfriend is a Bogan Aussie as they come Razz Razz Razz Razz

Why would it annoy me she is Palestinian Australian?

You see again another falsehood

I dont hate the Palestinians and again funny enough respect the right of them to have self determination, which both you and Wolf would have to be against, as you are against this for aborigines in Australia

This is why Trump ended up winning. People on the left like you and wolf spreading constant misinformation and the problem is you do it worse than Trump

He is believed, where you are not believed

You might want to work on how poor you are at lying

Watch some trump videos, for some tips

Razz

Night

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:28 am

It would annoy you cause You Obviously have no friends. I suspect of any race or religion
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:31 am

veya_victaous wrote:It would annoy you cause You Obviously have no friends. I suspect of any race or religion

So you are just turning every thread into a personal attack on me then

If you want to get personal and bitch about me, knock yourself out

Its just words

I have nothing against you Veya, you need to chill out and listen to people more

All the best

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:08 am

I have read and refuted Your posts.
(when it is not just a repeat)
YOU obviously Do not read Mine, Quills, Wolfs or ANYONE that stands up to you!
it's not personal (as Eddie knows I forgive and forget very quickly) ,
But Honestly it feels like taking lessons in climate change from Tommy. Suspect Suspect Suspect

You need to Accept that your propaganda in not always right,
I spent 33 years living in the most densely populated area for aboriginals and new immigrants (many Muslims).
Wolf Has Aboriginal Heritage.

we are not talking shit, for you what is academic, is real life friends and lovers being insulted or simplified to a propaganda statement.
You have upset me, because you are insulting real people.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:23 am

veya_victaous wrote:I have read and refuted Your posts.
(when it is not just a repeat)
YOU obviously Do not read Mine, Quills, Wolfs or ANYONE that stands up to you!
it's not personal (as Eddie knows I forgive and forget very quickly) ,  
But Honestly it feels like taking lessons in climate change from Tommy.  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect

You need to Accept that your propaganda in not always right,
I spent 33 years living in the most densely populated area for aboriginals and new immigrants (many Muslims).
Wolf Has Aboriginal Heritage.

we are not talking shit, for you what is academic, is real life friends and lovers being insulted or simplified to a propaganda statement.
You have upset me, because you are insulting real people.

I do listen to Quill and have great debates without and of the silly immature crap you pull on debates

Wolf I defend when he lost the plot and people called for him to be banned

So you are as per usual talking nonsense and the main reason is you constantly scream racist at people for their views, when they are not racist

I grew up in London with mixed ethnicity in parents growing up around many people from far more ethnic groups you will ever hope to meet in a life time, let alone religious, as London is about the most diverse capital in he world. Let alone the fact i have traveled so much and am older and far wiser than you

You have no idea about the wrongs in religion and defend bad ideas, where I rightly am critical of them. You think being critical of a bad idea is a hate crime, which is nonsense and then even worse you defend oppressive things like the hijab, even when countless women are forced to wear

The most annoying thing about you is you have no idea on history and constantly come across hateful to the Brits, and its boring. The moment I say something wrong about Australia, and both you and wolf go into meltdown mode

I suggest you learn from that

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:36 am

no you often do not read quills post or if you do YOU do not respond to his points and when he does respond to Your points
you post shit, like pictures laughing or Making an Unreasonable Unrelated request and saying "I'll Wait".

You are not the debater you think you are
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:40 am

veya_victaous wrote:no you often do not read quills post or if you do YOU do not respond to his points and when he does respond to Your points
you post shit, like pictures laughing or Making an Unreasonable Unrelated request and saying "I'll Wait".

You are not the debater you think you are

So you speak for Quill know do you because you already hold confirmation bias, based on you being in agreement

Quill and I enjoy many debates, whether you think otherwise good luck to you, all you seem to me is just bitter

So enjoy your negativity

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:54 am

Umm No I can follow the conversation.

there is one person responding to the points
and one person that repost the same crap and never addressing anything Intelligible until they give up and just post crap

like pictures laughing or Making an Unreasonable Unrelated request and saying "I'll Wait".
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next