NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some people just love fried chicken...

+2
eddie
Tommy Monk
6 posters

Go down

Some people just love fried chicken... Empty Some people just love fried chicken...

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:22 pm

Boy, 12, 'demands chicken nugget at gunpoint'

Police say he asked for a nugget in a McDonald's fast food outlet in Harlem on Tuesday.

When she refused, he is then alleged to have followed her to a nearby subway station and held the gun to her head.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38608272

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Some people just love fried chicken... Empty Re: Some people just love fried chicken...

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:54 pm

The boy wanted a chicken nugget so badly that he pulled out a gun in an armed robbery attempt of one...!

And the girl wanted her chicken nuggets so bad that she was prepared to die instead of handing one over...!!!

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Some people just love fried chicken... Empty Re: Some people just love fried chicken...

Post by eddie Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:07 pm

Wow...and I always thought they tasted like greasy cardboard.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Original Quill Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:10 pm

Fried anything is loaded with cholesterol and clogs your arteries. Frankly, it's rather tasteless as well.

The best way to cook chicken is rotisserie roasted. Safeway makes a pretty good roast chicken, but they are getting expensive. They have virtually doubled in price in the last year.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:08 pm

Original Quill wrote:Fried anything is loaded with cholesterol and clogs your arteries.  Frankly, it's rather tasteless as well.

The best way to cook chicken is rotisserie roasted.  Safeway makes a pretty good roast chicken, but they are getting expensive.  They have virtually doubled in price in the last year.

We used to have Safeway - they were a decent supermarket but they got bought out by Asda (huge supermarket chain) who are shite.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:59 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Fried anything is loaded with cholesterol and clogs your arteries.  Frankly, it's rather tasteless as well.

The best way to cook chicken is rotisserie roasted.  Safeway makes a pretty good roast chicken, but they are getting expensive.  They have virtually doubled in price in the last year.

We used to have Safeway - they were a decent supermarket but they got bought out by Asda (huge supermarket chain) who are shite.

Safeway is a Mormon operation, started in Idaho by the Long Brothers (Some of you might remember Long's Drugs, which was recently sold out to CVS Caremark for $2.9 billion in cash through a tender offer). Ole E.T. Long sold out to his son, Marion, who owned Skaggs Stone Misc. Merchandising. Safeway, the store of the western US, was built into the second largest grocery chain in the US...second to the Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Co., or A&P Markets, on the east coast.

It is presently owned by the holding company (Cerberus Capital Management) of Albertsons Markets.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:09 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:

Safeway is a Mormon operation, started in Idaho by the Long Brothers (Some of you might remember Long's Drugs, which was recently sold out to CVS Caremark for $2.9 billion in cash through a tender offer).  Ole E.T. Long sold out to his son, Marion, who owned Skaggs Stone Misc. Merchandising.  Safeway, the store of the western US, was built into the second largest grocery chain in the US...second to the Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Co., or A&P Markets, on the east coast.  

It is presently owned by the holding company (Cerberus Capital Management) of Albertsons Markets.

I nominate this post for "Most informative post on supermarkets in the shortest time possible" award. cheers
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:31 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Safeway is a Mormon operation, started in Idaho by the Long Brothers (Some of you might remember Long's Drugs, which was recently sold out to CVS Caremark for $2.9 billion in cash through a tender offer).  Ole E.T. Long sold out to his son, Marion, who owned Skaggs Stone Misc. Merchandising.  Safeway, the store of the western US, was built into the second largest grocery chain in the US...second to the Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Co., or A&P Markets, on the east coast.  

I nominate this post for "Most informative post on supermarkets in the shortest time possible" award. cheers

The Long family is a Bay Area family, and ole E.T. used to live in Lafayette, CA, a suburb/bedroom of the Bay Area. He was good friends with my father, and father-in-law, and got me my first job with Safeway as a bag-check boy back in the 50's.

Notice I don't have as much intel on A&P Markets? Some people just love fried chicken... 2190311264

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:38 pm

McDonalds cravings seem to bring out the worst in people. Shocked

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:48 pm

So people shy away from food that is not good for you?

Why?

For many it tastes great and if you keep fit, it hardly effects you.

Why eat some of the most boring food in the world, when you can eat many things and keep yourself in shape.

I mean are people really happy, when they constantly are in conflict with their brain as to what they really like?

In the end you are doing more harm to yourself psychologically. You are having to fight a constant battle within yourself. One that will in many cases only extend your life with minimum effect.

A life not enjoying its pleasures, is a wasted life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:57 pm

Syl wrote:McDonalds cravings seem to bring out the worst in people.  Shocked

Funny video... but you do realise the voices and subtitles are made up bollocks, don't you...?

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:59 pm

Thorin wrote:So people shy away from food that is not good for you?

Why?

Why eat some of the most boring food in the world, when you can eat many things and keep yourself in shape.

I mean are people really happy, when they constantly are in conflict with their brain as to what they really like?

In the end you are doing more harm to yourself psychologically. You are having to fight a constant battle within yourself. One that will in many cases only extend your life with minimum effect.

Couldn't agree more Thor.....but I do believe moderation is the key when it comes to foodstuffs
If someone lives off McDonald and cola, they will eventually not be as healthy as they should be.
If someone is forever watching what they eat, cutting out foods they love they are depriving themselves....and eventually that's not good for you either.
In fact...diets of every description are BAD for you.
Eating well doesn't have to mean eating boring stuff.....I love food and I never diet, lifes too short.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:01 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Syl wrote:McDonalds cravings seem to bring out the worst in people.  Shocked

Funny video... but you do realise the voices and subtitles are made up bollocks, don't you...?

lol!

Well whatever she was saying...she didn't look happy. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:14 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:So people shy away from food that is not good for you?

Why?

Couldn't agree more Thor.....but I do believe moderation is the key when it comes to foodstuffs
If someone  lives off McDonald and cola, they will eventually not be as healthy as they should be.
If someone is forever watching what they eat, cutting out foods they love they are depriving themselves....and eventually that's not good for you either.
In fact...diets of every description are BAD for you.
Eating well doesn't have to mean eating boring stuff.....I love food and I never diet, lifes too short.

Not many people live off those foods daily, which really is boring also. Why eat from the same restrictive menu daily? You would get very bored, very quickly

Agree very much on the rest of your points, on those who constantly watch what they eat

Diets are very bad, they fundamentally make people hungry and unhappy

Keeping fit is the key
Simple walking 7,000 steps a day, can help people burn lots of calories

Everyone has monitors at work to surpass this every day. I am doing over 12,000 steps a day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:33 pm

Best way to fix chicken is to do it the way my brother does. You marinate chicken breast overnight in lemon pepper seasoning, then charbroil it. It's (French chef smacking his lips against his fingertips and saying "mwah")
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:36 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Best way to fix chicken is to do it the way my brother does. You marinate chicken breast overnight in lemon pepper seasoning, then charbroil it. It's (French chef smacking his lips against his fingertips and saying "mwah")

Substitute that with a Quorn fillet and I'm good to go!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down