NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nicky Morgan cut from meeting with PM after leathering £995 trousers

3 posters

Go down

Nicky Morgan cut from meeting with PM after leathering £995 trousers  Empty Nicky Morgan cut from meeting with PM after leathering £995 trousers

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:49 pm

MP was invited to private meeting about Brexit strategy then disinvited after she hit out at Theresa May’s cowhide legwear

Nicky Morgan, the former education secretary, has been dropped from a list of moderate Conservative MPs who are set for a private meeting with the prime minister next Wednesday, after she criticised Theresa May for wearing £995 trousers.

The group, whose members include advocates of a soft Brexit such as Alistair Burt, Nicholas Soames, Nick Herbert and Anna Soubry, had been invited in to No 10 to discuss the government’s strategy for handling the article 50 negotiations with the other 27 EU-member states.
Morgan was initially among them; but the invitation was withdrawn after she gave an interview in which she criticised May.
“Disinviting Nicky because of a comment on the prime minister’s trousers is frankly playground politics,” said one backbencher involved.
Morgan, who has become a trenchant critic of the government since being sacked by May, said the prime minister’s choice of the designer leather trousers, which she wore for a photoshoot with the Sunday Times, had been “noticed and discussed” in local Tory circles.
“I don’t have leather trousers. I don’t think I’ve ever spent that much on anything apart from my wedding dress,” Morgan said.
May’s irritation about Morgan’s remarks may have been exacerbated after she was questioned about the trousers by reporters on her flight to visit Bahrain earlier this week.

Asked if her wardrobe choices showed she was out of touch with ordinary voters, May responded: “I stood on the steps of Downing Street and said what I did about the importance of a country that works for everyone because that’s what I have heard from people as I’ve gone around the country, as I’ve met people in a whole variety of circumstances.
“I believe it is important for politicians to get out and about and that’s what I continue to do. It is important we have a country that works for everyone.”
Some of the MPs in the informal coalition of backbenchers were among potential rebels who threatened to back Labour’s motion calling on May to publish more detailed plans for her Brexit negotiating stance last Wednesday.
Some hope to use the meeting to express their irritation at the government’s last-minute decision to amend Labour’s motion, by committing the Commons to May’s self-imposed end of March deadline for invoking article 50, the formal process for leaving the EU.
MPs voted overwhelmingly for the amended motion, with only diehard Europhile Kenneth Clarke opposing it; but some Conservatives felt bounced into expressing support for Brexit without having seen the prime minister’s negotiating stance.
A No 10 spokesman said he would not comment on any specific meeting, adding: “The prime minister meets and engages with colleagues all the time.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/dec/09/morgan-cut-from-meeting-with-may-after-criticising-pms-leather-trousers

Nicky, Nicky, Nicky, if you want to get on you are supposed to lick the trousers, not criticise them!

Back to top Go down

Nicky Morgan cut from meeting with PM after leathering £995 trousers  Empty Re: Nicky Morgan cut from meeting with PM after leathering £995 trousers

Post by JulesV Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:18 pm

A grand for a pair of trousers?  All dressed up and nowhere to go.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Nicky Morgan cut from meeting with PM after leathering £995 trousers  Empty Re: Nicky Morgan cut from meeting with PM after leathering £995 trousers

Post by Syl Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:03 pm

I had a pair of leather trousers once, I can honestly say they were the most uncomfortable item of clothing I have ever worn. Shocked
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:09 pm

She's got the money, if she likes them it's nothing to do with anybody else. Women and clothes, talk about catty !!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:21 pm

I think the point was Nicko, that she has the money, not her satorial choice.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:14 pm

She has the money, it's hers, cant see what all the fuss was about.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:41 pm

The fuss is exactly the same as it was about Cameron etc, who claim to speak for people when they know fuck all about the way they have to live.

'oh I'll just slip into a pair of £1000 trousers and lounge around the house'.   Even a bit in the papers about the £5000 worth of clothes she wore last week.   Like Cameron et al would dole out thousands for a suit and mock anyone who wasn't 'smart', when they had inherited money and money stashed away in offshore accounts.

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:00 pm

Syl wrote:I had a pair of leather trousers once, I can honestly say they were the most uncomfortable item of clothing I have ever worn. Shocked
Agree. Leather jackets are great.
But leather trousers, no!  Mad Soft, breathable fabrics are more hygienic,  especially for someone like her who says she has  diabetes.  And yes, the cost is obscene, though fair enough, it's her money.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down