NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show Passport For NHS Entitlement Treatment

+7
Spindleshanks
nicko
Tommy Monk
Syl
Miffs2
scrat
Major
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Show Passport For NHS Entitlement Treatment - Page 2 Empty Re: Show Passport For NHS Entitlement Treatment

Post by Spindleshanks Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:11 pm

Ziz wrote:
Spindleshanks wrote:

Erm, no.  Anyone who is ordinarily resident or granted leave to remain in this country is entitled to free NHS treatment regardless of their nationality.

I think he meant it as a statement of intent. Show Passport For NHS Entitlement Treatment - Page 2 2190311264

I think he will be disappointed if he thinks that will be the case.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Show Passport For NHS Entitlement Treatment - Page 2 Empty Re: Show Passport For NHS Entitlement Treatment

Post by Guest Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:12 pm

Spindleshanks wrote:
Ziz wrote:

I think he meant it as a statement of intent. Show Passport For NHS Entitlement Treatment - Page 2 2190311264

I think he will be disappointed if he thinks that will be the case.

He's a Kipper - he's used to disappointment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:34 pm

"...an EU national does not have a right to reside in a host Member State if they become an “unreasonable burden” upon the public purse. Directive 2004/38 (the “EU citizens’ Directive”, which is the source of the main legal rules on this issue) sets out the ‘categories’ of people with an EU-law based right to reside in a host Member State for longer than three months – essentially, workers/the self-employed and their family members, students, and the self sufficient. Students must have health insurance and make a declaration of sufficient resources..."

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:44 pm

In April 2015, changes were made to the way the NHS charges overseas visitors for NHS hospital care. These changes also affect some former residents of the UK. The changes were made so that the NHS does not lose out on income from migrants, visitors and former residents of the UK, who may be required to pay for their hospital treatment costs while in England.

Within England, free NHS hospital treatment is provided on the basis of someone being ‘ordinarily resident’. It is not dependent upon nationality, payment of UK taxes, national insurance contributions, being registered with a GP, having an NHS number or owning property in the UK. The changes which came into effect from April affect visitors and former UK residents differently, depending on where they now live.

Treatment in A&E departments and at GP surgeries remains free for all.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-overseas-visitors-hospital-charging-regulations/summary-of-changes-made-to-the-way-the-nhs-charges-overseas-visitors-for-nhs-hospital-care
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:06 pm

Not for foreign nationals to come here and use.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:14 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Not for foreign nationals to come here and use.

No one ever said they should however you said 'Only uk nationals are entitled to free access to nhs...' and you are wrong.

It depends on residency, not nationality.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:24 pm

What if you are a British citizen living abroad who needs NHS hospital care while visiting the UK?
The regulations state you may be a UK citizen and passport holder and have paid UK national insurance, but if you are not “ordinarily resident” in the UK you would be liable for charging, and would be expected to either pay or offer health insurance to enable the hospital to recoup charges for your treatment.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/nov/22/passports-for-nhs-access-what-are-the-implications
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:33 pm

Don't you have the equivelent of medicare cards? (a gov't issued mag stripe card)

here you go in and give them your medicare card, confirm a few details like date of birth and your away.

showing passport becomes rather pointless
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:45 pm

veya_victaous wrote:Don't you have the equivelent of medicare cards? (a gov't issued mag stripe card)

here you go in and give them your medicare card, confirm a few details like date of birth and your away.

showing passport becomes rather pointless
No, because e don't have medicare. We do have National Health numbers though.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:49 pm

Yes but our medicare is just a superiour version on NHS
So do you have NHS cards?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:51 pm

veya_victaous wrote:Yes but our medicare is just a superiour version on NHS

Only time I've ever seen my National Health number is on a letter from the doctor or hospital.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:04 pm

we would do far better charging drunken idiots and spaced out loons for their a&e treatment.....

and, given that tobacco taxes (at least USED to ) collect far more in revenue than the cost of treating the resultant ill health

we should shove booze duty up to the same relative levels AND put a levy on all supermarkets selling booze, to the point they HAVE to charge the same as pub off licences etc. (to remove cheap booze from the equation)
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:17 pm

I brlieve the bill is somewhere around 200 million which is around half the cost of fixing the plumbing at Buck House so the royals can have a hot bath.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:23 pm

true ...but keeping the royals warm at buck house serves a function for the nation....

providing our free NHS care to those not entitled does not.

I agree care needs to be taken in defining who is NOT entitled, but once that is dealt with the hole should be closed.

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:44 pm

@LF

actually it would, if you then continued to invest in it to make if more efficient than anyone else.

the freebies today could merely 'free samples' for a future industry in health care...

But nah, better whinge about foreigners Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 
it's not like the UK needs a new industry or anything
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:55 pm

Lord Foul wrote:true ...but keeping the royals warm at buck house serves a function for the nation....

I agree care needs to be taken in defining who is NOT entitled, but once that is dealt with the hole should be closed.

There are better ways to fund the refushment of Buck House than using taxpayers money.

The Crown Estates are run as a commercial business with assets around 12 billion. They even own Fort Kinnaird Retail Park here in Edinburgh. It isn't owned by the government and it isn't owned by the Queen either.

They could easily raise 370 million without have to raid the Treasury at a time like this when household all over the country are struggling.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:15 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:true ...but keeping the royals warm at buck house serves a function for the nation....

There are better ways to fund the refushment of Buck House than using taxpayers money.

The Crown Estates are run as a commercial business with assets around 12 billion. They even own Fort Kinnaird Retail Park here in Edinburgh. It isn't owned by the government and it isn't owned by the Queen either.

They could easily raise 370 million without have to raid the Treasury at a time like this when household all over the country are struggling.

They are using money raised from the Crown Estates.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:36 am

Spindleshanks wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

That is possibly true as the profits go to the treasury. But there really is no need for a corporate business like the Crown Estate with the assets that they have to ask for a some of it back again when families are struggling all over the country.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:59 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Spindleshanks wrote:

That is possibly true as the profits go to the treasury. But there really is no need for a corporate business like the Crown Estate with the assets that they have to ask for a  some of it back again when families are struggling all over the country.

It doesn't work quite like that, currently the Queen is given something like 15% of the Crown Estate profits to pay for official expenses such as travel, hosting functions, building maintenance of certain residences including Buck House (ie those not owned by her) and some other stuff.

buck House needs so much work done to it that what is going to happen is that the Queen is going to get an increase in the percentage she gets to cover the additional cost of the repairs.

In 10 years the Crown Estates have put over two billion pounds into the treasury, is it really that much of an ask that a small percentage increase is given temporarily on top of the percentage the queen usually receives to bring buck house up to standard?

Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:09 am

Buck house is owned by the Crown Estates anyway so its really just paying for the repairs itself via the Queen.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Syl Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:16 pm

Major wrote:We have recently moved which is 20 mile from our previous doctor, surgery after many satisfied years, twaz a wrench to leave but our oldish doctor was extremely poorly and had to retire.
This surgery was well over half non whitez.
A lot and I mean a lot arrived in a hoard in a taxi, were jet black, dressed from head to foot in all black with 3/4/5/6 small kids and had to have a interpreter for them.

Why the name in hell should I pay for them?????????????????

I have written on forums before how my OH was constantly refused to be added to the local dental practice because they were not taking on any more patients.
He tried several times over several years, in the meantime many immigrants (of every shape size and colour) were taken on as patients. I was present once when 3 generations of one family were using an interpreter to fill in the required forms....none spoke English.

I believe it's the unfairness that riles a lot of people. No one objects to people who are entitled to be given NHS treatment, but when it's at the expense of people who have paid into the system for 50 years it's unfair.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:27 pm

Syl wrote:
Major wrote:We have recently moved which is 20 mile from our previous doctor, surgery after many satisfied years, twaz a wrench to leave but our oldish doctor was extremely poorly and had to retire.
This surgery was well over half non whitez.
A lot and I mean a lot arrived in a hoard in a taxi, were jet black, dressed from head to foot in all black with 3/4/5/6 small kids and had to have a interpreter for them.

Why the name in hell should I pay for them?????????????????

I have written on forums before how my OH was constantly refused to be added to the local dental practice because they were not taking on any more patients.
He tried several times over several years, in the meantime many immigrants (of every shape size and colour) were taken on as patients. I was present once when 3 generations of one family were using an interpreter to fill in the required forms....none spoke English.

I believe it's the unfairness that riles a lot of people. No one objects to people who are entitled to be given NHS treatment, but when it's at the expense of people who have paid into the system for 50 years it's unfair.

NHS or private.

Lots of dentists aren't taking on NHS patients but will take private.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:32 pm

Spindleshanks wrote:
Syl wrote:

NHS or private.

NHS.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:33 pm

Syl wrote:
Spindleshanks wrote:

NHS or private.

NHS.

Your husband or the people who couldn't speak English?
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:03 pm

Spindleshanks wrote:
Syl wrote:

NHS.

What?
My post was quite clear...it's a NHS practice. The dentist has never (I have been a patient for 30 years) and does not now take private patients.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:20 pm

Syl wrote:
Spindleshanks wrote:

What?
My post was quite clear...it's a NHS practice. The dentist has never (I have been a patient for 30 years) and does not now take private patients.

Then you are very lucky, there is no such thing as an entirely NHS dentist in the area I live.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:05 pm

Yes we were given one years ago Veya, never used it though. It has our name and NHS number on it. That would be better, then foreigners would have to pay as we do when abroad.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:08 pm

magica wrote:

Yes  we were given one years ago Veya, never used it though.  It has our name and NHS number on it.  That would be better, then foreigners would have to pay as we do when abroad.

They scrapped the card a while ago - they are no longer issued.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:44 pm

magica wrote:

Yes  we were given one years ago Veya, never used it though.  It has our name and NHS number on it.  That would be better, then foreigners would have to pay as we do when abroad.

Whether you pay or not, how much and whether you can claim it back when abroad depends on the country, whether it accepts an EHIC card or has a reciprocal health cost agreement with the UK.

In some countries nothing is free, in other some medical treatment at public health facilities is free or the costs can be claimed back.

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSENGLAND/HEALTHCAREABROAD/Pages/Healthcareabroad.aspx
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:47 pm

Ziz wrote:
magica wrote:

Well I did say it was years ago Ziz Embarassed
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:50 pm

magica wrote:
Ziz wrote:

Well I did say it was years ago Ziz Embarassed

You've got me wondering if I've got one somewhere filed away - I'd like to see it.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:52 pm

why would they scrap the cards?
that seems silly Suspect Suspect

ours got more advanced to be read by scanners etc
so you can walk in, hand them you medicare card and they swipe it in the reader and all you details come on their screen.

Most of our Private insurers have similar systems they sort of look and work like credit cards.

and we are implementing a new National E-health database, so you can get detailed  medical records anywhere
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:08 pm

yeah veya....and very soon...if not right now ...you will be paying the hell for it

as these records (which BTW dont belong to YOU ) are sold by the health sevice (as a govt dept) to insurers

so they can "tailor" your health cover...eg refuse anyone with a given condition

"oh mr XXXX we note you have a history of heart disease in your family...NO we wont cover you for your mortgage "
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:10 pm

and just wait till they start selling your DNA profile,,,,,
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:33 pm

no they are not since We anit the USA and if you are not covered by Insurance then gov't has to pay Wink

and they posses it all anyway, it is just giving YOU access to it
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:34 pm

So is the reason they scrapped the card the same as Brexit?
too many old scared hill shepherds confused
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:09 pm

nope its cos it aint needed

they already have everything they need...just tell em your name DOB and postcode

I went to A&E in wales ...miles from home...to have a very deep splinter dug out...

gave em those details and in seconds up popped my medical history like WTF..... who told YOU that???

and I dont care if you DO live in paradise...

if the insurance companies denied you cover for life insurance for a mortgage lender ...I dont think even YOUR govt would provide cover......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:10 am

we don't need life insurace for a mortgage lender?
we have other regulations around mortgage insurace, no health checks at all and as far as i know they cant deny you if you meet the fiscal requiements.
you dont need any form of mortgage insurance with a 20+% deposit

Even health insurace there is only a few things that they can set you policy price on, even being overwieght is not one yet (they are looking at making it so they can) the main one is Smoking status and age (we get a gov't discount based on starting age to maintain private insurance)

And what if you where in an accident and could not talk? card saves.
Plus it makes it eaiser for the reception to just swipe a card then listen and type
Plus no language barriers now cause card is universal.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:11 am

AND no need to even talk about passports in hospitals
Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2