NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don’t let the far right abuse Britain’s patriotism

+8
eddie
Ben Reilly
Major
veya_victaous
Tommy Monk
magica
Syl
scrat
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Don’t let the far right abuse Britain’s patriotism  - Page 2 Empty Don’t let the far right abuse Britain’s patriotism

Post by scrat Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

“Britain has a long tradition of tolerance, of diversity, of being an outward looking nation – it’s many of the things that made us a great country he said"

"But I feel we have ceded that narrative about patriotism, particularly to the extreme right, and I think we need to regain that narrative to define Britain in an inclusive way that brings it together rather than blames the migrant or the refugee or the Muslim for what might be going on in our country at any individual time.”

Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/essentials/news/politics/jo-cox-husband-brendan-patriotism-far-right-eu-referendum-brexit/

Britain has always been at its best looking forward as an open, diverse and tolerant society, but there are sick and twisted individuals, racists and fascists hiding behind the flag, with their lies and smears, punting out their bitterness and hatred for the modern world we all live in and they would drag this great nation back to the stone age.
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Don’t let the far right abuse Britain’s patriotism  - Page 2 Empty Re: Don’t let the far right abuse Britain’s patriotism

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:49 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Don't be a twat zit...

Labour left the spending commitments that Torys inherited... including the need to borrow 180 billion a year to pay for it all...

So for a leftie to then pop up and try to claim it is tory borrowing is beyond a joke!

Who is Zit?

Back to top Go down

Don’t let the far right abuse Britain’s patriotism  - Page 2 Empty Re: Don’t let the far right abuse Britain’s patriotism

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:51 pm

You are you bell end!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:52 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:You are you bell end!

No, my name is ZIz - try to get it right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:22 pm

Ziz wrote:
Ziz wrote:The Conservatives have been the biggest borrowers over the last 70 years

Don’t let the far right abuse Britain’s patriotism  - Page 2 Screen-Shot-2016-03-12-at-20.28.21-800x278

(Tax Research UK)

From the graph above we learned that Tories are the biggest borrowers - but let's be fair, who repays the most dept?

Don’t let the far right abuse Britain’s patriotism  - Page 2 Screen-Shot-2016-03-12-at-20.41.41-800x292

Gosh! Shocked

And yet despite their history the Tories have gone and borrowed even more!

Government debt has increased by £555 billion since George Osborne took office in 2010, the latest official figures show.

The Office for National Statistics said this week the Government had borrowed £70.7 billion pounds in the first 11 months of the current financial year.

(The Independent)

George Osborne Has Borrowed More In 3 Years Than Labour Did In 13

The Office for National Statistics showed that the coalition has borrowed £430.072 billion, whereas the last Labour government managed to borrow just £429.975 billion.

(Huffington Post)

Don’t let the far right abuse Britain’s patriotism  - Page 2 Screen-Shot-2013-11-21-at-14.41.361

(The Spectator)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:58 pm

Labour opened the taps on spending... first paying for it by stealth taxes and pension pot raids... then they opened up the borrowing to spend even more... by the time they left office the govt bill was 180 billion a year more than was coming in in revenues... ie borrowing 180 billion a year...!!!

This is what the Torys took over to...

And labour have since opposed every proposal for every cut in spending!!!

Please tell me what bit of this you are struggling to understand...?

"...In 1997 Labour inherited a budget that was actually in balance. After a painful and turbulent decade under the Tories, the public finances had finally been brought under control. But after four years in office Gordon Brown took out the country's credit card and let rip. By the end of 2009-10 our annual deficit had ballooned to £170.8 billion..."

http://www.debtbombshell.com/britains-budget-deficit.htm

Zit you are an idiot if you cannot understand this!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:07 pm

Who is Zit?

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:59 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
scrat wrote:
Of course lefties care about others, hence the NHS, the welfare state, minimum wage, paid holidays, human rights, etc etc.

I don't like saying this but it is an observation, those on the right are some of the most vile, bitter, twisted and sick in the fucking head types I've ever met!

Let's be honest here what kind of creature laughs at children burning to death, simply because these children are Palestinian.

Well let's ask "Mrs Jones" if she cares about anyone else shall we? Of course she doesn't - she only cares about getting more housing benefit for herself. Lefties care about the NHS and the welfare state because they use it. If they didn't, they wouldn't care.

You'll find that non-lefties also care about the minimum wage and paid holidays - because many of them actually work and are on minimum wage. They also care about the NHS because they're paying into it and they use it themselves.

You really need to stop dividing people into two groups - those who care about others and those who don't. Everyone who votes a certain way does so in order to benefit themselves in some way IMO.

I don't know anything about anyone laughing about Palestinians.
I would agree that not all RW are as completely deranged as some, especially the collective on this forum and I'm sure 1 ot 2 of them out there in a world of billions are decent fair minded folk, unfortunately you're not one of them.

Most are eaten up by bitterness and a sick and twisted hatred of the mind, they're backwards, racist, xenophobic, fascist, riddled with the fear that someone somewhere might be enjoying their life, and then their are some more familiar types like those who laugh at children burning to death who are simply beneath contempt, you then wonder what actually made them so vile.

Perhaps you have some knowledge of this that you'd like to share, so that we may gain some insight or understanding into the severity of this ailment!
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:17 pm

scrat wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well let's ask "Mrs Jones" if she cares about anyone else shall we? Of course she doesn't - she only cares about getting more housing benefit for herself. Lefties care about the NHS and the welfare state because they use it. If they didn't, they wouldn't care.

You'll find that non-lefties also care about the minimum wage and paid holidays - because many of them actually work and are on minimum wage. They also care about the NHS because they're paying into it and they use it themselves.

You really need to stop dividing people into two groups - those who care about others and those who don't. Everyone who votes a certain way does so in order to benefit themselves in some way IMO.

I don't know anything about anyone laughing about Palestinians.
I would agree that not all RW are as completely deranged as some, especially the collective on this forum and I'm sure 1 ot 2 of them out there in a world of billions are decent fair minded folk, unfortunately you're not one of them.

Most are eaten up by bitterness and a sick and twisted hatred of the mind, they're backwards, racist, xenophobic, fascist, riddled with the fear that someone somewhere might be enjoying their life, and then their are some more familiar types like those who laugh at children burning to death who are simply beneath contempt, you then wonder what actually made them so vile.

Perhaps you have some knowledge of this that you'd like to share, so that we may gain some insight or understanding into the severity of this ailment!

I don't know anything about anyone laughing at children burning to death.

Look, as an example, think of interest rates - if someone has a mortgage, they want a low interest rate. If someone has a savings account, they want a high interest rate. Those who work and pay tax want their tax to be as low as possible. If someone is on benefits, they don't care about tax because they don't pay it, or they want those who work to pay more tax so they can get more benefits.

As I said, people will vote for whatever benefits them personally. Do you have a problem with that? Lefties aren't voting for the good of anyone else, they're voting for themselves re their own self interest.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:55 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
scrat wrote:

Look, as an example, think of interest rates - if someone has a mortgage, they want a low interest rate. If someone has a savings account, they want a high interest rate. Those who work and pay tax want their tax to be as low as possible. If someone is on benefits, they don't care about tax because they don't pay it, or they want those who work to pay more tax so they can get more benefits.

As I said, people will vote for whatever benefits them personally. Do you have a problem with that? Lefties aren't voting for the good of anyone else, they're voting for themselves re their own self interest.

Yes, I guess it is something that anyone would try deny, unless of course it was said under a nom de plume elsewhere where such disgusting remarks are simply the norm.

I think it's best to end our conversation now, suffice to say that those on the left have the betterment for the whole of society in mind, whilst those on the right are in it for personal greed and selfishness, I'm sure that there's a large swathe in the middle, but in reality you yourself are not in their company!
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:59 pm

scrat wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Yes, I guess it is something that anyone would try deny, unless of course it was said under a nom de plume elsewhere where such disgusting remarks are simply the norm.

I think it's best to end our conversation now, suffice to say that those on the left have the betterment for the whole of society in mind, whilst those on the right are in it for personal greed and selfishness, I'm sure that there's a large swathe in the middle, but in reality you yourself are not in their company!

Those on the left do not have the betterment for the whole of society in mind, as I've pointed out. They have their own betterment in mind - it just depends on what betterment consists of.

I don't know anything about nom de plumes. The only disgusting remarks have been from you.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:48 pm

Raggs, your assessment only makes sense if the majority of the left are on benefits -- they're not.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:26 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Labour opened the taps on spending... first paying for it by stealth taxes and pension pot raids... then they opened up the borrowing to spend even more... by the time they left office the govt bill was 180 billion a year more than was coming in in revenues... ie borrowing 180 billion a year...!!!

"...In 1997 Labour inherited a budget that was actually in balance. After a painful and turbulent decade under the Tories, the public finances had finally been brought under control. But after four years in office Gordon Brown took out the country's credit card and let rip. By the end of 2009-10 our annual deficit had ballooned to £170.8 billion..."

From the Institute of Fiscal Studies...

Over the first eleven years of Labour government, from 1997 to the eve of the financial crisis in 2007, the UK public finances followed a remarkably similar pattern to the first eleven years of the previous Conservative government, from 1979 to 1989. The first four saw the public sector move from deficit to surplus, while the following seven saw a move back into the red.

 By 2007 Labour had reduced public sector borrowing slightly below the level it inherited from the Conservatives. And more of that borrowing was being used to finance investment rather than the day-to-day running costs of the public sector. Labour had also reduced public sector debt below the level it had inherited. As a result the ‘golden rule’ and ‘sustainable investment rule’ that Gordon Brown had committed himself to on becoming Chancellor in 1997 were both met over the economic cycle that he eventually decided had run from 1997–98 to 2006–07.

Welfare spending under Labour went down and up to the financial crash so did unemployment. So all those migrants must have ben working otherwise those figures would look quite different.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:00 am

Bullshit!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:49 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Bullshit!!!

It must be dreadful going through life in denial of the truth, afraid of the reality, wishing to travel back to a past that never existed.

You deny Hitler was far right, despite the evidence.

You deny young people fleeing war zones of our making entry because they do not fit in with the ranting of the RW press

You deny the findings of the IFS because they do not fit in with your own pre determined view.

Perhaps like most RW your idea of Britain is a locked border, where everyone is servile, white and middle class, eagerly subservient to the wealthy few village squires where the Sun always shines on the cricket greens of England.

Wake the fuck up its 2016!
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:58 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Labour opened the taps on spending... first paying for it by stealth taxes and pension pot raids... then they opened up the borrowing to spend even more... by the time they left office the govt bill was 180 billion a year more than was coming in in revenues... ie borrowing 180 billion a year...!!!

From the Institute of Fiscal Studies...

Over the first eleven years of Labour government, from 1997 to the eve of the financial crisis in 2007, the UK public finances followed a remarkably similar pattern to the first eleven years of the previous Conservative government, from 1979 to 1989. The first four saw the public sector move from deficit to surplus, while the following seven saw a move back into the red.

 By 2007 Labour had reduced public sector borrowing slightly below the level it inherited from the Conservatives. And more of that borrowing was being used to finance investment rather than the day-to-day running costs of the public sector. Labour had also reduced public sector debt below the level it had inherited. As a result the ‘golden rule’ and ‘sustainable investment rule’ that Gordon Brown had committed himself to on becoming Chancellor in 1997 were both met over the economic cycle that he eventually decided had run from 1997–98 to 2006–07.

Welfare spending under Labour went down and up to the financial crash so did unemployment. So all those migrants must have ben working otherwise those figures would look quite different.

Idea

Conservative governments like to claim to be natural born money men, as if it's their birthright to be better managers, wiser people, more fiscally responsible...

Yet History continues to show, time after time, that Tory and Repub' dominated guvm'nts have always left bigger debts, higher inflation, more unemployment, shattered lives and savings, damaged sharemarkets, greater environmental damage, increased civil unrest..          Don’t let the far right abuse Britain’s patriotism  - Page 2 1399249160

Leaving their Labour/socialist/Greens/'liberal' oriented oppostion parties to try and clean up their ill-begotten financial and social messes.

Irregardless of how many times, their RW sockpuppets continually try to rewrite history to suit their own selfish, narrow-minded and short-sighted fascist agendas..        sleaze
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2