NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lily Allen Causes a Twitter Furore after apologising for the whole of the British people

+10
Andy
Tommy Monk
JulesV
Victorismyhero
The Devil, You Know
Raggamuffin
eddie
Ben Reilly
magica
HoratioTarr
14 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Lily Allen Causes a Twitter Furore after apologising for the whole of the British people Empty Lily Allen Causes a Twitter Furore after apologising for the whole of the British people

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:07 pm

'I'm sorry for what we've put you through': Lily Allen apologises 'on behalf of my country' after breaking down in tears during a visit to the Jungle in Calais

The 31-year-old singer broke down in tears at one point during a meeting with a boy aged 13 from Afghanistan, who has risked his life trying to board UK-bound lorries.
The teenager, who said his father lives in Birmingham, has been camped at the Jungle on the edge of the northern French port city for two months.
During their meeting, Allen told him: ‘It just seems that at three different intervals in this young boy’s life, the English in particular have put you in danger.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3834170/I-m-sorry-ve-Lily-Allen-apologises-behalf-country-breaking-tears-visit-Jungle-Calais.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Lily Allen Causes a Twitter Furore after apologising for the whole of the British people Empty Re: Lily Allen Causes a Twitter Furore after apologising for the whole of the British people

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:09 pm

Lily Allen Causes a Twitter Furore after apologising for the whole of the British people 3954420600000578-3834170-image-a-34_1476274846353

Lily Allen Causes a Twitter Furore after apologising for the whole of the British people 3954420A00000578-3834170-image-a-35_1476274849311

Lily Allen Causes a Twitter Furore after apologising for the whole of the British people 3954420F00000578-3834170-image-a-36_1476274852846

Lily Allen Causes a Twitter Furore after apologising for the whole of the British people 3954421E00000578-3834170-image-a-38_1476274886845
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Lily Allen Causes a Twitter Furore after apologising for the whole of the British people Empty Re: Lily Allen Causes a Twitter Furore after apologising for the whole of the British people

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:14 pm

This whole issue is far more complex than pointing the finger at the people of the UK. What are France doing to help these people? Where is the father of the boy from Birmingham? Where are the families of these people who live in the UK?

The whole Calais Jungle debacle is a nightmare. I'm not sure what the solution is, and there has to be one soon. I understand her upset as I think if any one of us had to visit that place, we'd be crying too. It's easy to place blame, but what's needed here is action and not some celebrity inflaming the British public with accusations, then trotting back home to her wealth and comforts.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:24 pm

I agree. I'm sick of these rich luvvies apologising for us, what about all the other countries? Russia bombing the bejesus out of Syria, why don't these luvvies point the finger somewhere it belongs. Also stop meddling in politics.

magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:17 pm

magica wrote:I agree. I'm sick of these rich luvvies apologising for us, what about all the other countries? Russia bombing the bejesus out of Syria, why don't these luvvies point the finger somewhere it belongs. Also stop meddling in politics.

She's probably got a new album on the boil
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:33 pm

Sounds like she just has a lot of compassion, is able to view her country realistically, and was unprepared for all the "my country, right or wrong" types.

She should just give 'em another big

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:49 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Sounds like she just has a lot of compassion, is able to view her country realistically, and was unprepared for all the "my country, right or wrong" types.

She should bless her.   She's talking about the children Cameron promised to take in ages ago, who have a right to be in the UK, who have relatives who have said they will look after them, and who are in great danger.   Good on her.   She problem thinks that the people who are laughing at her and sending abusive texts should stck their heads down the loo and pull the handle.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:15 pm

Her heart is in the right place I agree, but I don't want her apologising for me, she can fuck right off.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:17 pm

Somebody needs to apoligise for the things we have done, we should be on our knees grovelling.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:19 pm

sassy wrote:Somebody needs to apoligise for the things we have done, we should be on our knees grovelling.

So should every other country in that case.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:21 pm

Nah, apart from America, France and Germany, not many of them have fucked up so much of the world as we have.   It's a art we perfected years ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:26 pm

I don't need the talentless Lilly Allen saying sorry for me. I find it patronising.
If it was Paul Weller, I might listen.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:27 pm

I'm fine with her apologizing. The 6th richest country in the world in concert with the next richest should be able to do better than this.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:30 pm

I don't disagree with her message, it's the "apology". She will probably write a tuneless song about it and talk through it in her annoying mockney accent and then she will annoy me all over again.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:34 pm

eddie wrote:I don't disagree with her message, it's the "apology".  She will probably write a tuneless song about it and talk through it in her annoying mockney accent and then she will annoy me all over again.

Young folks, huh? Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:35 pm

Why is the boy's father in Birmingham? Did he abandon the boy?

As for Lily Allen, why is she blaming the "English", and why does she think she can speak for all of us anyway? Shades of Bob Geldof ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:37 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Why is the boy's father in Birmingham? Did he abandon the boy?

As for Lily Allen, why is she blaming the "English", and why does she think she can speak for all of us anyway? Shades of Bob Geldof ...

He's Irish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:38 pm

He looks more than 13.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:39 pm

Ziz wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Why is the boy's father in Birmingham? Did he abandon the boy?

He's Irish.

He likes to speak for other people too though, particularly the people of this country.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:40 pm

Yea, war will do that to you, and getting bombed and travelling thousands of miles by yourself, etc etc

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:42 pm

sassy wrote:Yea, war will do that to you, and getting bombed and travelling thousands of miles by yourself, etc etc

Either his father left him there, or he went there later. Either way, it's not exactly our fault.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:46 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ziz wrote:

He's Irish.

He likes to speak for other people too though, particularly the people of this country.

I hadn't noticed - he expresses his view just as you or I do.

And as you did above - "our fault" - colloquially.

Last edited by Ziz on Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:47 pm

I would like to apologise on behalf of lily allen for the appalling music she has inflicted on britain and the world.

wow that's easy isn't it.

of course those people are actually in a safe country, France, part of the EU, not alleppo, so if it isn't safe there then why do the remoaniacs want us to stay in the eu.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:50 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Sounds like she just has a lot of compassion, is able to view her country realistically, and was unprepared for all the "my country, right or wrong" types.

compassion is fine, what gives her the right to apologise for an entire country. those people are in a safe country apparently. Her compassion, like most of the luvvies, does not extend to offering any migrants a roof over their heads in their very large properties.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:50 pm

The Devil, You Know wrote:I would like to apologise on behalf of lily allen for the appalling music she has inflicted on britain and the world.

of course those people are actually in a safe country, France, part of the EU, not alleppo, so if it isn't safe there then why do the remoaniacs want us to stay in the eu.

Membership of the EU has never meant freedom from poverty and squalor - a slip up by those who drew up the ECHR, I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:51 pm

sassy wrote:

She should bless her.   She's talking about the children Cameron promised to take in ages ago, who have a right to be in the UK, who have relatives who have said they will look after them, and who are in great danger.   Good on her.   She problem thinks that the people who are laughing at her and sending abusive texts should stck their heads down the loo and pull the handle.
you're quite a hateful person aren't you. It's always violence first with your sort isn't it luv
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:52 pm

sassy wrote:Somebody needs to apoligise for the things we have done, we should be on our knees grovelling.
yes, but not to people who are safe in france, having come through numerous safe countries to get there.

are you saying the EU is not a safe place?
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:53 pm

didn't saint bob offer to put up 4 families. How's that going?
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:54 pm

sassy wrote:Yea, war will do that to you, and getting bombed and travelling thousands of miles by yourself, etc etc
why did he travel by himself? because his father ran away and left his family?
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:56 pm

Ziz wrote:
The Devil, You Know wrote:I would like to apologise on behalf of lily allen for the appalling music she has inflicted on britain and the world.

Membership of the EU has never meant freedom from poverty and squalor - a slip up by those who drew up the ECHR, I think.
so the eu is not safe?
then why does such a large minority want to be a part of it
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:57 pm

The Devil, You Know wrote:

didn't saint bob offer to put up 4 families. How's that going?

That's gone very quiet. Razz
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:04 pm

Ziz wrote:

so the eu is not safe?
Not safe from poverty and squalor, as I pointed out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:09 pm

yea ziz..so we should lift our own out of poverty and squallor FIRST.....

THEN see what we can do for every tom dick and harry that turns up at calais bangin on the door to get in....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:11 pm

The world is our our own, or perhaps some think we are better than the rest.   If so, they are very mistaken.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:13 pm

Lord Foul wrote:yea ziz..so we should lift our own out of poverty and squallor FIRST.....

THEN see what we can do for every tom dick and harry that turns up at calais bangin on the door to get in....

Looking inwards has some merit - let us begin by not meddling in the affairs of others - perhaps then fewer displaced folk would come banging. Lily Allen Causes a Twitter Furore after apologising for the whole of the British people 2190311264

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:13 pm

Ziz wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:yea ziz..so we should lift our own out of poverty and squallor FIRST.....

Looking inwards has some merit - let us begin by not meddling in the affairs of others - perhaps then fewer displaced of would come banging. Lily Allen Causes a Twitter Furore after apologising for the whole of the British people 2190311264

How very true.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:15 pm

Ziz wrote:
so the eu is not safe?
but why would he avoid that in britain and not france?
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:16 pm

Ziz wrote:

Looking inwards has some merit - let us begin by not meddling in the affairs of others - perhaps then fewer displaced folk would come banging. Lily Allen Causes a Twitter Furore after apologising for the whole of the British people 2190311264
most of the world is poor through no fault of ours. the poor will always go where the free money is.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:16 pm

well YOU are welcome to live in a newspaper whilst the rest of the world lives in your house....I for one wont....

YOU may be happy with paying twice as much tax as you ordinarily would to support the rest of te world

I'm NOT....

YOU squeak in fear at the possible damage to standards of living brought on by brexit

If YOU (and that idiot you support) had YOUR way the loss of standard of living will be twice as much...

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:17 pm

You think, I know that's rubbish..

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:19 pm

and thats all you can ever say...nothing to argue about it then....

seems in reality you have no argument
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:20 pm

Ziz wrote:

Perhaps he prefers English culture? Hard to believe, I know.

Last edited by Ziz on Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:21 pm

Ziz wrote:

most of the world is poor through no fault of ours. the poor will always go where the free money is.

The thirsty seek water and the starving seek food - makes sense to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:28 pm

Ziz wrote:
Ziz wrote:

more likely he knows the grovelling snivelling self flagellating left here carry more weight than their due......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:39 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Ziz wrote:

more likely he knows the grovelling snivelling self flagellating left here carry more weight than their due......

Unlikely, the admirable values of the British left get very little publicity abroad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:54 pm

another deluded one.....admirable....pffft

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:55 pm

Lord Foul wrote:another deluded one.....admirable....pffft

Enjoy. Lily Allen Causes a Twitter Furore after apologising for the whole of the British people 2089010162

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:34 pm

Not a fan, but her LONDON single was quite good and well liked.
What was she doing in Calais?

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:37 pm

Jules wrote:Not a fan, but her LONDON single was quite good and well liked.
What was she doing in Calais?

Writing a song called 'CALAIS'.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next