NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something to ask members. Opinions please guys

+12
The Devil, You Know
Major
Original Quill
Ben Reilly
Raggamuffin
blackie333
HoratioTarr
JulesV
Miffs2
Tommy Monk
Victorismyhero
eddie
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Something to ask members. Opinions please guys  - Page 2 Empty Something to ask members. Opinions please guys

Post by eddie Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:55 am

First topic message reminder :

Topics or threads about other posters aren't allowed, but I'd like to ask members here if they find fun threads about members ok?

We have two posters, Blackie and major, who like to make fun threads - I like fun threads - it's nice to not always have to be so serious.

I don't like to come down too heavy as I find it a drag.

So my question is; can we allow fun threads about other posters? If they get nasty or they even hint at nasty, then action will be taken.

What do others think?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Something to ask members. Opinions please guys  - Page 2 Empty Re: Something to ask members. Opinions please guys

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:11 pm

Major wrote:I luv a laff and so duz Blackie.

Remember one important thing, YA DON'T HAVE TO READ A THREAD WITH ANYONES NAME BY IT IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO DO SUCH, IGNORETHEM.

Blackie is one of the most honest, straight forward gentlest, nicest, fun lovin but daftest posters I have encountered on forums, he is harmless and makes the odd feax pas which IMHO is far less serious than some stuff lying filthy mouth tripehoundz put on forums.

People who try to get othersz banned are the lowest of the low, we know who they are.

This is a fair point to raise but where will it stop?

More despotism, poster control, we have too much now which some seem to enjoy.

The thing is Major - I closed the other place for a while because of all the pointless threads, and I still haven't tidied it up. He just runs riot all over the place, and it gets silly.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Something to ask members. Opinions please guys  - Page 2 Empty Re: Something to ask members. Opinions please guys

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:21 pm

Remember one important thing, YA DON'T HAVE TO READ A THREAD WITH ANYONES NAME BY IT IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO DO SUCH, IGNORETHEM.

Blackie is one of the most honest, straight forward gentlest, nicest, fun lovin but daftest posters I have encountered on forums, he is harmless and makes the odd feax pas which IMHO is far less serious than some stuff lying filthy mouth tripehoundz put on forums.

People who try to get othersz banned are the lowest of the low, we know who they are.

You come a close second in the irritating twat of the year stakes, so I'm not surprised you and he get on so well. Birds of blether and all that.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:22 pm

I don't want to see anyone banned... or anyone to leave...

I'm not bothered by the amount of threads blackie is posting... as you say... I don't have to read any of them... and most of them I just ignore...

I was just making a suggestion as others raised his seemingly excessive posting as an issue...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:23 pm

I don't want people arguing over this, that wasn't my intention.

We can't please all de people all a da time, as Marley said. And he knew what he was talking 'bout.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:26 pm

There's a Jack and Jill Forum you can both join where your idiot-speak and his asinine rantings would probably be more appreciated.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:28 pm

eddie wrote:I don't want people arguing over this, that wasn't my intention.

We can't please all de people all a da time, as Marley said. And he knew what he was talking 'bout.

It's a no win situation. That's why eventually, he gets banned. Nobody really wants to ban him, but it's almost always inevitable.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:36 pm

Well it isnt actually. He's in the basement now until tomorrow evening.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:44 pm

Major wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

The thing is Major - I closed the other place for a while because of all the pointless threads, and I still haven't tidied it up. He just runs riot all over the place, and it gets silly.

Hello eddie.

Duz it really matter if he runz riot if no one getz hurt? this is Blackie, a nice guy, having his bit of fun the way he enjoys it.
Of course we will get the assh*** creepers and nasty swabz trying to get him banned.

The option to ignore is alwayz there.

WHY the need to tidy up.

'I could crush a canary.',  lol!  lol!  lol!  some may not like that, hard luck.

Live and let live.

I'm not eddie! Laughing

I didn't want all those daft threads clogging the place up.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:46 pm

eddie wrote:Well it isnt actually. He's in the basement now until tomorrow evening.

Something to ask members. Opinions please guys  - Page 2 Happy-smiley05
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:03 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Maybe he should have a limit imposed on how many threads he can create?
--- just because someone's got a quirky personality is  .....

No, I don't think this is a question of quirky, it's more a case of extreme self indulgence and he'd probably be the first to admit it. He made 49/50 new "threads" within a 2 day period, one glance of his profile confirms this.

It's not the worst crime in the world but perhaps he could rein it in a tad?
This thread was created by the mod, not by us, and she was seeking opinions so I posted my opinions.
We are allowed to give our point of view if ASKED for our point of view.

I'm pleased to see that most of us have posted our opinions peacefully, in a civil way,
without looking as if we were about to burst a blood vessel.
relieved

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:13 pm

Anyway eddie is right  when she said we should all make some new threads to dilute the plethora of threads coming from just one source - so I will try and think of a few chatty topics this week. hi

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:16 pm

Bring back Didge!!!

And smelly bandit!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:17 pm

Jules wrote:Anyway eddie is right  when she said we should all make some new threads to dilute the plethora of threads coming from just one source - so I will try and think of a few chatty topics this week. hi

Thank you for your input Jules.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:18 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Bring back Didge!!!

And smelly bandit!!!

They're welcome back. They are not on a lifetime ban, though smelly is sulking with me and has been for about two years.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:24 pm

Jules I don't want to quibble over adjectives.  With quirky I'm going for the expressions.  With extreme self-indulgence you are going for motive.  The only thing you add is extreme, by which you are adding a value judgment.  You are saying something like "too much" and "I'd rather see less of him."

Blackie's antics don't offend me, if he is a bit of a high-rpm motor.  I tend to agree with Major's earlier post...don't open up his posts if they tire you.  I can, and do often pass some of BD's posts right by because I'm not looking for that kind of discussion.

Course, I don't have the experience of Raggs.  Closing a whole forum for one poster is a bit out of my understanding.  If he leaves a lot of clutter, so be it.  Clean up when it's all forgotten.  Frankly, time and disinterest tend to clean up that kind of thing.  After all, if he's interesting then people like it and they should let it go.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:41 pm

Original Quill wrote:Jules I don't want to quibble over adjectives.  With quirky I'm going for the expressions.  With extreme self-indulgence you are going for motive.  The only thing you add is extreme, by which you are adding a value judgment.  You are saying something like "too much" and "I'd rather see less of him."

Blackie's antics don't offend me, if he is a bit of a high-rpm motor.  I tend to agree with Major's earlier post...don't open up his posts if they tire you.  I can, and do often pass some of BD's posts right by because I'm not looking for that kind of discussion.

Course, I don't have the experience of Raggs.  Closing a whole forum for one poster is a bit out of my understanding.  If he leaves a lot of clutter, so be it.  Clean up when it's all forgotten.  Frankly, time and disinterest tend to clean up that kind of thing.  After all, if he's interesting then people like it and they should let it go.

I closed it because I cleaned it up once, and then it happened all over again. I didn't want to ban him because I've known him for years, but I wanted a chance to clean it up properly, and I was going away for a while and I didn't want to have to deal with more forum stuff at the time. If a forum is full of threads with only one post on, it puts others off - not that there are many people posting there anyway. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:44 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Jules I don't want to quibble over adjectives.  With quirky I'm going for the expressions.  With extreme self-indulgence you are going for motive.  The only thing you add is extreme, by which you are adding a value judgment.  You are saying something like "too much" and "I'd rather see less of him."

I closed it because I cleaned it up once, and then it happened all over again. I didn't want to ban him because I've known him for years, but I wanted a chance to clean it up properly, and I was going away for a while and I didn't want to have to deal with more forum stuff at the time. If a forum is full of threads with only one post on, it puts others off - not that there are many people posting there anyway. Laughing

I'm not being critical, but I question why it is necessary to clean up a forum.  If a thread is popular and goes on for a long run, that's what it is all about.  If it's unpopular, it sinks into the tar pit of time and unless someone reaches back and boosts it, it's lost and not a problem.

Even if it is bumped, it's subject to the same process. If popular, it stays around; if unpopular, it sinks into oblivion.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:53 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I'm not being critical, but I question why it is necessary to clean up a forum.  If a thread is popular and goes on for a long run, that's what it is all about.  If it's unpopular, it sinks into the tar pit of time and unless someone reaches back and boosts it, it's lost and not a problem.

Even if it is bumped, it's subject to the same process.  If popular, it stays around; if unpopular, it sinks into oblivion.

But the threads only had one post each - from blackie. The place was full of such threads, and it was distracting. This place will become the same if he carries on, and people will get fed up. I'll just say again that that's blackie all over, and I've known him for a long time, so I didn't want to ban him. I asked him to stop it and he didn't, so I closed the forum for a while because I was fed up with it, and I had a lot of things to do so I didn't have the time to deal with all the redundant threads.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:55 pm

Rags I'm taking all points on board. Free speech is important to me and I want to make it fair to everyone.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:57 pm

eddie wrote:Rags I'm taking all points on board. Free speech is important to me and I want to make it fair to everyone.

I'm not sure that such threads represent free speech, it's more like spam. Razz

It's up to you - I don't know what the answer is, hence my closing of my forum for a while. I just gave up really. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:18 pm

am I right in thinking he was sanctioned for creating too many threads?
can we know how many threads are just enough so we dont exceed the limit unintentionally.
Isn't the point of a forum to make threads which people can discuss or ignore at their leisure.
Is there a specific limit or does it depend on who is making them?

Is this really about some people wanting to see their name scroll past in the window on the right and not someone else's?
Are we allowed to ask questions as I know some mods (coughdrunkard) doesn't like it when people ask things.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:11 pm

Dean, if you'd read the thread you'd already know the answer. He kept posting threads in the wrong section but you know that already.
I also know that you don't like that yourself - I'm a member of your forum and have been since day one so I know that you have asked certain people lots of times to post threads in the right section.

That answer was way more than I intended to give. So hope that helps.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:08 pm

eddie wrote:Dean, if you'd read the thread you'd already know the answer. He kept posting threads in the wrong section but you know that already.
I also know that you don't like that yourself - I'm a member of your forum and have been since day one so I know that you have asked certain people lots of times to post threads in the right section.

I didn't know that at all, in fact I hadn't seen any threads by him so I looked up his stats to see what he posted. he hasn't really inundated the forum has he. Mainly innocuous stuff, yes its inconvenient having to move stuff, those couple of clicks of a mouse are really time consuming.
I had to do it many times with scrat and his incessant posting of threads without any link to back up his increasingly hysterical threads, and it does get annoying I admit.
But is it a banning or binning matter?if he posts in the wrong section, just removing his thread creation rights to that section
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:05 am

The Devil, You Know wrote:
eddie wrote:Dean, if you'd read the thread you'd already know the answer. He kept posting threads in the wrong section but you know that already.

I didn't know that at all, in fact I hadn't seen any threads by him so I looked up his stats to see what he posted. he hasn't really inundated the forum has he. Mainly innocuous stuff, yes its inconvenient having to move stuff, those couple of clicks of a mouse are really time consuming.
I had to do it many times with scrat and his incessant posting of threads without any link to back up his increasingly hysterical threads, and it does get annoying I admit.
But is it a banning or binning matter?if he posts in the wrong section, just removing his thread creation rights to that section

banning
why waste our time

besides there is other forums for lower quality posters. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:15 am

Like a few others here I have posted with BD on various forums for years.
I know he never means any harm though he does often go over the top, both in his style and in the amount of threads he posts up....some are good many are just frivolous nonsense, but that's him, and he wont ever change.

I don't mind fun threads and threads about other posters....I thought the lookalike thread was very interesting (oh that one was mine Razz)....anything that gets personal or nasty obviously isn't fun anymore.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:57 am

Well said Syl.

I hate bans, but sometimes they're necessary.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:10 pm

veya_victaous wrote:

banning
why waste our time

besides there is other forums for lower quality posters. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  
by lower quality posters do you mean people you dont agree with?
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:16 pm

eddie wrote:Well said Syl.

I hate bans, but sometimes they're necessary.

Thank you...and I agree that sometimes banns are necessary...usually for posters who join just to cause trouble or have a deep seated agenda. Actually I can only think of one from here...and he has gone again. relieved
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:19 pm

veya_victaous wrote:

banning
why waste our time

No.
He means fascist far right forums filled with offensive rascists.
We all know of at least 1.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:51 pm

Fuck me, he's mentioned Flap again.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:52 pm

HA give it a rest for goodness sake.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:20 pm

Handy Andy wrote:
No.

A forum isn't a poster ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:33 pm

Syl wrote:

Thank you...and I agree that sometimes banns are necessary...

Something to ask members. Opinions please guys  - Page 2 Dancing-smiley-face-emoticon

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:43 pm

Jules wrote:
Syl wrote:

Thank you...and I agree that sometimes banns are necessary...

Something to ask members. Opinions please guys  - Page 2 Dancing-smiley-face-emoticon

lol!
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:49 pm

fiesta lol!

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:20 am

Handy Andy wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

banning
why waste our time

No.

Spot on Andy, exactly what I mean

and good Work Wink
No need to Actually mention such a disgusting vile place on this Civilized Forum Cool Cool Cool Cool
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:47 am

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2