NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

middle-class parents let their children wear nappies until they are 'ready to stop

5 posters

Go down

middle-class parents let their children wear nappies until they are 'ready to stop Empty middle-class parents let their children wear nappies until they are 'ready to stop

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:07 am

Sophie Kathir proudly describes her four-year-old son Mahish as ‘a bright boy who can count to 20, is learning to write and could tell you the name of every dinosaur’.
He passed every developmental milestone, from weaning to walking and talking, pretty much on cue. At 3ft 4in, he is almost exactly the average height for a child his age.
So it seems incongruous – and perhaps disturbing – to learn that Sophie, an intelligent middle-class mother-of-two, regularly puts her perfectly healthy boy in a nappy.
Sophie, a 29-year-old NHS clinical trials co-ordinator says that having ‘tried everything’, she and her husband Pirathees, 36, have abandoned attempting to potty-train Mahish.
They have decided they are leaving it up to him to decide when he wants to stop wearing nappies.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3805552/As-growing-army-middle-class-parents-let-children-wear-nappies-ready-stop-experts-warn-JUST-POTTY.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

middle-class parents let their children wear nappies until they are 'ready to stop Empty Re: middle-class parents let their children wear nappies until they are 'ready to stop

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:10 am

I took my mother's advice with my daughter and started potty training her as early as 10 months old. She was dry at night by 18 months old and out of nappies by 2.

If you start early enough, the child begins to associate the feel of the potty with emptying its bladder and bowels. I can think of nothing worse for the child than being sent to school at four or five wearing a nappy to the derision of all the other kids.

Another case of the child ruling the roost.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

middle-class parents let their children wear nappies until they are 'ready to stop Empty Re: middle-class parents let their children wear nappies until they are 'ready to stop

Post by Syl Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:35 am

I agree with you, potty training a child so he/she is free of nappies is liberating for both them and the parent.

I learned a lot from my mum to, she had had three children and her experience was a lot better than mine when I was young.

I don't go along with giving the power to the child.....they need to be taught, I think it's lazy parenting and ultimately unsociable to sit back and let them get on with stuff.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:48 pm

"... four-year-old son Mahish as ‘a bright boy who can count to 20, is learning to write and could tell you the name of every dinosaur’..."

I could read when I was 3...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:52 pm

Potty training is about a lot more than making a decision, it's teaching the child so they can control when and where they go. This sounds like a very bad idea.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:53 pm

What she means is this: Portty training can be exhaustive and boring and repetitive and frustrating child-training..... and I simply can't be arsed to do it.

Schools won't allow a child to start if they're in nappies.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:55 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

"... four-year-old son Mahish as ‘a bright boy who can count to 20, is learning to write and could tell you the name of every dinosaur’..."

I could read when I was 3...

Pity you've since forgotten how ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down