NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black police officer shoots black man who was brandishing a gun sparks large black lives matter disorder where another black man is shot by a black man

+8
HoratioTarr
The Devil, You Know
Ben Reilly
eddie
JulesV
Original Quill
nicko
Tommy Monk
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Black police officer shoots black man who was brandishing a gun sparks large black lives matter disorder where another black man is shot by a black man - Page 3 Empty Black police officer shoots black man who was brandishing a gun sparks large black lives matter disorder where another black man is shot by a black man

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

At a news conference on Wednesday, Kerr Putney, chief of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg police, said officers had found the gun that the police said Mr. Scott had brandished before an officer, who is also black, fatally shot him and were examining police video of the encounter that unfolded as Mr. Scott stepped out of a car.

Family members of Mr. Scott have said that he was unarmed and was holding only a book. Chief Putney said Wednesday morning, “We did not find a book.”

A second night of protests set off by the police killing of a black man spiraled into chaos and violence after nightfall here Wednesday when a demonstration was interrupted by gunfire that gravely wounded a man in the crowd. Law enforcement authorities fired tear gas in a desperate bid to restore order.

The city said on its Twitter account that the unidentified man was on life support after what officials said was a “civilian on civilian” confrontation. The authorities provided no further details.

Charlotte officials had said earlier that the man had been killed in the unrest. The Police Department reported that four officers had injuries that were not life-threatening.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/22/us/keith-scott-charlotte-police-shooting.html
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Black police officer shoots black man who was brandishing a gun sparks large black lives matter disorder where another black man is shot by a black man - Page 3 Empty Re: Black police officer shoots black man who was brandishing a gun sparks large black lives matter disorder where another black man is shot by a black man

Post by Spindleshanks Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:38 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Spindleshanks wrote:So the dash cam and body cam (or parts of it anyway) has been released.

Bit of a rubbish video though.

The video still just shows an unjustified shooting.  I want to work on the angle of the alleged gun this African citizen had.  Owner?  Any photo of the victim holding it?  Why does it appear so far from the victim?  Does it have a serial number (cops often file off the serial numbers of their dropsy's)?

And while we are on the subject of deception, why are the police in unmarked cars and wearing no uniforms?  What would you think if a gang of hoodlums roared up, firing guns?  At the very least, anyone would be confused.

I don't think there is any images of him holding the gun no. Where was the gun in relation to the guy who was shot?
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Black police officer shoots black man who was brandishing a gun sparks large black lives matter disorder where another black man is shot by a black man - Page 3 Empty Re: Black police officer shoots black man who was brandishing a gun sparks large black lives matter disorder where another black man is shot by a black man

Post by Original Quill Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:38 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Those officers saw that Scott was “rolling what they believed to be a marijuana ‘blunt’...Then an officer “observed Mr Scott hold a gun up”, the department said. “Due to the combination of illegal drugs and the gun Mr Scott had in his possession, officers decided to take enforcement action for public safety concerns.”

Hold a gun up??  While rolling a joint?  Are you fookin' kidding me?  That's the most absurd story I've ever heard.

Who holds a gun up while rolling a joint?  I hold my gun while I'm peeing.  How the fook can you even manage that...it takes two hands to roll a joint?

That is the most bullshit story I've ever heard from a cop (if tommy didn't make it up).  I can see why they recruit Irishmen for the police department...you need a knack for fiction and the Irish are the best storytellers in the world.

You can see them concocting the story: Cop one: Hey, they won't believe we approached him just for a joint.  

Cop two: Ok, let's give him a gun, too...I've got an unmarked one in my trunk.  

Cop one: Let me shoot him...hell, it was my idea.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:42 pm

Yawn...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:44 pm

Spindleshanks wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

The video still just shows an unjustified shooting.  I want to work on the angle of the alleged gun this African citizen had.  Owner?  Any photo of the victim holding it?  Why does it appear so far from the victim?  Does it have a serial number (cops often file off the serial numbers of their dropsy's)?

And while we are on the subject of deception, why are the police in unmarked cars and wearing no uniforms?  What would you think if a gang of hoodlums roared up, firing guns?  At the very least, anyone would be confused.

I don't think there is any images of him holding the gun no.  Where was the gun in relation to the guy who was shot?

It was lying in the street, far out of reach, but nearest the foot of the victim. Whether it was moved, or dropped, it certainly wasn't there by any action of the victim.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:54 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

They saw him with the gun in his hand... it says so in the article...

Failing to comply with police instructions... failing to drop the gun...

Brought it on himself!!!

All according to the 'storytelling' cops.  These are the same cops who told the story that he could roll a joint while raising his arm high enough to show them his gun.  WTF can roll a joint while showing cops a gun...I reckon he was juggling four bowling pins while he was at it.

And why are you showing a gun in the first place?  I mean, who does that...sits in a car flashing guns?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:57 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Spindleshanks wrote:

I don't think there is any images of him holding the gun no.  Where was the gun in relation to the guy who was shot?

It was lying in the street, far out of reach, but nearest the foot of the victim.  Whether it was moved, or dropped, it certainly wasn't there by any action of the victim.

I can't see a gun on the ground int he photos I'm looking at.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3805866/Charlotte-police-chief-says-Keith-Scott-lethal-threat-shot-dead.html

There is a video posted which shows a copper picking something off the ground near to the shot guy though but I can't see it in the stills.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:00 pm

Oh hang on, I missed some of the page, thought it had finished.

I see the gun in an image, but it didn't appear to have been there before.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:03 pm

Major wrote:Gun crime is rife in the USA, blacks have a reputation for using gunz and crime, what is the policemen supposed to do, let the black shoot him or he shoot the black.

How many of you on here have EVER faced a HOSTILE gun?????, I mean FACED????

Don't bother blabbing on about whitiz and gunz, it won't wash, we know.

Survival of the fittest.

So what you are giving us is, blacks have a reputation for using guns...  So, the cops shot this man for a reputation?

I'll tell you, if all it took is reputation, most Irishmen would be in jail for being liars.  I mean, F. Scott Fitzgerald wrote fiction, didn't he?

But you are near enough to the truth, stormee.  Substitute racism for reputation and you have the reason why this man was murdered by the cops.

Last edited by Original Quill on Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:05 pm

Spindleshanks wrote:Oh hang on, I missed some of the page, thought it had finished.

I KNOW. That's the point I made before: It's clear the cops have moved it. Just moved it? Or, were they the ones who planted it?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:07 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Those officers saw that Scott was “rolling what they believed to be a marijuana ‘blunt’...Then an officer “observed Mr Scott hold a gun up”, the department said. “Due to the combination of illegal drugs and the gun Mr Scott had in his possession, officers decided to take enforcement action for public safety concerns.”

Hold a gun up??  While rolling a joint?  Are you fookin' kidding me?  That's the most absurd story I've ever heard.

Who holds a gun up while rolling a joint?  I hold my gun while I'm peeing.  How the fook can you even manage that...it takes two hands to roll a joint?

That is the most bullshit story I've ever heard from a cop (if tommy didn't make it up).  I can see why they recruit Irishmen for the police department...you need a knack for fiction and the Irish are the best storytellers in the world.

You can see them concocting the story: Cop one: Hey, they won't believe we approached him just for a joint.  

Cop two: Ok, let's give him a gun, too...I've got an unmarked one in my trunk.  

Cop one: Let me shoot him...hell, it was my idea.

Don't be a twat...

After he was seen rolling the joint... he was then seen holding a gun...

And I'm sure the black cop who shot him was saying... "I'm gonna shoot the black man because I hate black people..."

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:12 pm

I've got to leave for a Sunday morning breakfast. But before I go, consider this: North Carolina is an 'open carry' state. It's perfectly legal to carry a gun.

So why do the police murder a man for doing something that is perfectly legal?

This whole story has a distinct fish smell.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:12 pm

Original Quill wrote:I've got to leave for a Sunday morning breakfast.  But before I go, consider this: North Carolina is an 'open carry' state.  It's perfectly legal to carry a gun.

Kippers for breakfast?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:06 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:I've got to leave for a Sunday morning breakfast.  But before I go, consider this: North Carolina is an 'open carry' state.  It's perfectly legal to carry a gun.

Kippers for breakfast?

Nah...we'll just go to the yacht club or...IHOP, ech!

Standard fare: bacon, lots 'o bacon, waffles and eggs.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:11 pm

You Americans and your bacon. Seriously.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:12 pm

eddie wrote:You Americans and your bacon. Seriously.

Black police officer shoots black man who was brandishing a gun sparks large black lives matter disorder where another black man is shot by a black man - Page 3 Tumblr_nk6ohvvIQB1qfozvqo9_r1_500
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:07 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Spindleshanks wrote:Oh hang on, I missed some of the page, thought it had finished.

I KNOW.  That's the point I made before: It's clear the cops have moved it.  Just moved it?  Or, were they the ones who planted it?

I can see now how the gun got to where it was. The copper with the red top on picked it up off the ground and dropped it between his feet.

The gun was thrown there by someone who was working on the guy on the ground.

If you watch closely at about 0.16 on this video (watch between the feet of the copper in the red shirt) you will see it. A bit later you see the cop with the red shirt bend down and pick it up.

Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:35 pm

I wonder though if his brain injury played a part in his actions.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3806608/Keith-Scott-s-brain-injury-meant-failed-understand-police-demands-killed-asked-nearby-wife-help.html
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:01 pm

Spindleshanks wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I KNOW.  That's the point I made before: It's clear the cops have moved it.  Just moved it?  Or, were they the ones who planted it?

I can see now how the gun got to where it was.  The copper with the red top on picked it up off the ground and dropped it between his feet.

The gun was thrown there by someone who was working on the guy on the ground.

If you watch closely at about 0.16 on this video (watch between the feet of the copper in the red shirt) you will see it.  A bit later you see the cop with the red shirt bend down and pick it up.

Even before, a cop across the body tosses it to the point in between the red shirt's feet.  After a moment, that's when the cop with the red shirt on bends down to pick it up.

Now where did that gun come from?  The first time it is seen, it's in a cop's hands, not the victim's hand.  And I'd like a little audio...I'll bet they're talking about having a gun to plant on the scene.

See, that's why the Charlotte PD do not want the police video seen by the public...it's got audio, and maybe a better view of the cop planting it.  I mean, why else unless it's a cover-up?  That's why they are releasing it piecemeal...they are editing out portions of it because they know these questions are being asked.

But how stupid do they think we are that they think we won't catch on.  That's what I mean about RW'rs being irrational elitists. They actually believe their little charades will work.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:11 pm

Hysterical nonsense...

Your conspiracy theory is descending further and further into the realms of delusion and insanity...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:10 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

Hysterical nonsense...

Your conspiracy theory is descending further and further into the realms of delusion and insanity...

Keep in mind tommy, that there is no bias of presumption for the police in Anglo-American law.  The police are just one litigant, the defense is another.  You are much too biased toward the police or government side of of the contest.  You are an authoritarian.

You keep giving complete deference to 911-calls, to 'police said...', or 'the authorities said...', or 'the City (or State) said...', and not paying enough attention to the co-equal side, the defense.  You are known as an authoritarian because you invest all of your bias in the authorities.

All I am doing is giving my deference to a balanced picture.  I do this because of (1) my knowledge and familiarity of police work, having been a professor in university criminology departments (yes, we study equal and balanced sides of the question); (2) having been an assistant attorney general whose job it was to police the police departments;  and (3) having been an attorney, and knowing the due process and values of the legal profession in an Anglo-American system.  

Many of these policemen have been my students, and unfortunately some have failed in my classes.  That is not to say that the vast majority of my students, and America's police, are not of the highest quality.  But, the ones we are talking about here would have been the unfortunate failures.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:17 pm

Yawn...

You ran out of straws on this already...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:36 pm

nicko wrote:
Have you forgotten that America is Trillions of Dollars in debt,mostly caused by your irresponsible wan.....Bankers?

Idea

HAVE YOU looked at Britain's total recurring long term government debt, expressed as a % of it's Gross National Product (i.e. a country's ability to finance those debts..), nicko  ???

IT'S NOT that far behind the USA's national debt..
(But still a bit more than two times worse than Australia's..).

And in overall terms, America is still better off than Greece, Italy, Spain, Ireland, Portugal, and many African countries.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:51 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Yawn...

You ran out of straws on this already...

Diversions, tommy? No answers? Nothing to say? I hope you've learned that debate is more than having a lot of hot air to release.

Been fun...

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3