NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Icke on Michelle Obama - does he have a point?

+11
Irn Bru
Fred Moletrousers
Miffs2
'Wolfie
Original Quill
veya_victaous
Syl
Tommy Monk
Ben Reilly
magica
eddie
15 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

David Icke on Michelle Obama - does he have a point? Empty David Icke on Michelle Obama - does he have a point?

Post by eddie Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:18 pm

He mentions Mr Obama at the end - but I'm not really interested in that.
I am interested in what people truly make of his impression of Mrs Obama and her past occupational doings...

It's not a long clip

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

David Icke on Michelle Obama - does he have a point? Empty Re: David Icke on Michelle Obama - does he have a point?

Post by magica Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:56 pm

Doesn't bode well that Michelle did that kind of job. What does that say about her as a person.

Also doing the rounds is many think she's a man! I kid you not. I'm not buying into that one lol.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

David Icke on Michelle Obama - does he have a point? Empty Re: David Icke on Michelle Obama - does he have a point?

Post by eddie Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:58 pm

Yes I know, lots of people saying she's trangender. I don't buy it either and I don't care. What I do care about is her doing that job and treating black people that way.
I'm sure someone will be along to pooh-pooh it.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:59 pm

You almost have to completely take his word for what he's saying about Michelle Obama, but I did see that in 2006 she reported her income as $273,618 -- so we're to believe that prior to her husband's election to the Senate, she was a vice president at a large, major-city hospital who earned only $73,618 per year -- which is preposterous.

The press release the hospital issued when she was promoted to a VP spot read:

Obama, who was previously the executive director for community affairs at the Hospitals, will be responsible for all programs and initiatives that involve the relationship between the Hospitals and the community. She will also take over management of the Hospitals' business diversity program.

Prior to joining the Hospitals, Obama worked as an associate dean of student services for the University of Chicago where she developed the University's first office of community service. She came to the Hospitals in 2002 and quickly built up programs for community relations, neighborhood outreach, volunteer recruitment, staff diversity and minority contracting.

http://www.uchospitals.edu/news/2005/20050509-obama.html

I found this from a reputable source:

Critics have pointed out that her income has risen along with her husband's political ascent. She sits on the board of a food company that supplies Wal-Mart, which Sen. Obama has denounced for its labor practices.

And Michelle Obama is a vice president of The University of Chicago Medical Center, where one of her signature responsibilities is guiding [i.e. not forcing] low-income patients away from the emergency room and into primary care elsewhere. While South Side activists praise her program, Barack Obama's union supporters have been critical of the management of many large hospitals for how they deal with charity care for the poor.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/chi-070422michelle-story-archive-story.html

"South Side activists" would be advocates for Chicago's poor -- the South Side of Chicago is so rough that it's been immortalized in song ...

... so it doesn't sound like they held her in contempt for the program, but felt she did a good job getting the poor out of depending on ERs for health care, and into the hands of more capable doctors.

Also:

The hospital's effort to manage patient care began with a group of executives that included First Lady Michelle Obama, who was involved in early efforts to educate patients on the best use of the emergency room.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2009-02-20/news/0902190858_1_emergency-patients-emergency-room-community-hospitals

That sounds as though she didn't actually direct anyone's health care, but performed more of a role that sounds like what the hospital press release said she'd be doing.

And to be blunt, I wouldn't believe a word from the guy who thinks he's Jesus and gave the world the reptilians-are-secretly-in-charge conspiracy theory Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:04 am

Some things are true... some things are bullshit...

The truth is still true, even when someone has tried to discredit it by adding a bit of bullshit...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:08 am

Yeah aside from Icke being a twat about some things, doesn't take away that he's not trying to sell a conspiracy here, it's kinda just an opnion.

Firstly, I don't believe most "official" financial figures that are shoved down our throats - for the obvious reasons you can imagine yourself. So I can and I do believe she got a pay rise.

Secondly, if her job was to "guide" then she guided - did she not?  Don't give me waffle bollocks about "not forced" but "guided" - for example,  no teacher's job description on the planet will say "we want you to force the students down the right path"  Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:10 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Some things are true... some things are bullshit...

The truth is still true, even when someone has tried to discredit it by adding a bit of bullshit...

I did read all that three times but....what? scratch
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:23 am

David Icke is mental....he believes utter rubbish and talks about his beliefs and opinions as if they were facts.

I live in the UK...we have th NHS...even so we still have a two tier system when it comes to hospital care.

The poorest people in the US don't have the luxury of being treated in hospitals the way we do....ie.... insured or not we will be treated...they wont.
If her job was to guide people to where they could get medical help, because the hospitals charged and they had no means to pay, that to me is a worthwhile job.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:34 am

magica wrote:Doesn't bode well that Michelle did that kind of job. What does that say about her as a person.

Also doing the rounds is many think she's a man! I kid you not. I'm not buying into that one lol.

I think she has gotten more attractive with time...and lots of money helps. Laughing
She has a good sense of humour though....here she is doing Carpool with James Corden.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:43 am

eddie wrote:He mentions Mr Obama at the end - but I'm not really interested in that.
I am interested in what people truly make of his impression of Mrs Obama and her past occupational doings...

It's not a long clip
Oh, say it ain't sooooo; quoting the infamous man that believes in 'aliens - shape shifting lizards that become humanoids' ...that David Icke affraid

Related searches for David Icke

• How to Recognize Reptilian Humans
  • List of Reptilian Celebrities
  • How to Spot a Reptilian
  • David Icke Latest Predictions
  • David Icke 2016 Predictions
  • List of Famous Reptilians
  • David Icke 2016 Alien Invasion
  • David Icke's daughter Rebecca Icke

Why, certainly ...I'd be absolutely believing every thing that this man drooled in his sleep or muttered into his beers while stoned out of his mind on Psychedelic Magic Mushrooms  &/or marijuana - wouldn't you? pale 
David Icke on Michelle Obama - does he have a point? 3406909858    Eddie, I needed that LMAO moment ...quite livened up the 'FOUL MOOD' that has settled over the community this fine evening! David Icke on Michelle Obama - does he have a point? 2387050134

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:08 am

eddie wrote:Yeah aside from Icke being a twat about some things, doesn't take away that he's not trying to sell a conspiracy here, it's kinda just an opnion.

Firstly, I don't believe most "official" financial figures that are shoved down our throats - for the obvious reasons you can imagine yourself.  So I can and I do believe she got a pay rise.

Secondly, if her job was to "guide" then she guided - did she not?  Don't give me waffle bollocks about "not forced" but "guided" - for example,  no teacher's job description on the planet will say "we want you to force the students down the right path"  Rolling Eyes

So she not only accepted a huge raise in exchange for turning poor people from her hospital, but she's a tax cheat as well?

Wow, I bet she wishes she was "just" really a man!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:22 am

Syl wrote:David Icke is mental....he believes utter rubbish and talks about his beliefs and opinions as if they were facts.

I live in the UK...we have th NHS...even so we still have a two tier system when it comes to hospital care.

The poorest people in the US don't have the luxury of being treated in hospitals the way we do....ie.... insured or not we will be treated...they wont.
If her job was to guide people to where they could get medical help, because the hospitals  charged and they had no means to pay, that to me is a worthwhile job.

I was going to point out the most glaringly obvious issue is the US health care system

'charity patients' WTF, disgusting system Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:44 am

The guy's a complete fake.  Segregated hospitals?  In this day and age?  They'd lose all federal money so fast, that they'd still be dizzy.

He provides no substance to his claims.  No dollars, no binomial analysis of poor vs. wealthy treatment, he doesn't even identify the place where patients are segregated.  Where is the wall.  Show me the book that says double accounting and dual standards of care.  At least give us an accounting of black vs. white billing.  Nada...no substance.

If a white person did this?  He's Donald Trump all over again...where are the tax returns? Nothing to show. It's called bullshit, except it's aimed at a black person.  Once again, using color as a device in his argument...playing the race card.  

Obviously he resents that a person in power is black.  We've just lived through 8-years of that, what with a black president.  It's a rehash of the Boener-McConnell doctrine.  Abject racism, all over again.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:09 am

Quill when you say no substance - did you actually look and check out the facts that there was "nada"

I'm so suprised how you lot can automatically assume that a rich blsck woman wouldn't shit on her own.

Most Blacks treat other blacks worse than whites do, you do know that, right.....?

And 4ever - SIGH - I'm not a believer of David Icke's conspiracies (already said that) but that doesn't mean his opinions on facts are wrong - does it?

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:18 am

And of course you neglected this quill that Ben claims is "a reputable source":

"Critics have pointed out that her income has risen along with her husband's political ascent. She sits on the board of a food company that supplies Wal-Mart, which Sen. Obama has denounced for its labor practices.

And Michelle Obama is a vice president of The University of Chicago Medical Center, where one of her signature responsibilities is guiding [i.e. not forcing] low-income patients away from the emergency room and into primary care elsewhere. While South Side activists praise her program, Barack Obama's union supporters have been critical of the management of many large hospitals for how they deal with charity care for the poor."

So they do have segregated care.
What planet are you on?

And Syl? Yes, that was a lovely video of her being all Singy and clappy - not set up at all.!

And tbh, though I don't thinks she's transgender, she is NOT a feminine woman and she is NOT, what I'd call attractive (not heard anyone regard her as attractive) and she does look like a man in make up.
Sorry. But she bloody does.

But again. All beside the point as I prefer her, to the husband anyway, and feel she would've possibly made a better president....
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:57 am

magica wrote:
Doesn't bode well that Michelle did that kind of job. What does that say about her as a person.

David Icke on Michelle Obama - does he have a point? 3489511464

IF that were so...

HOW DO those anonymous rumourmongers explain away their two daughters..

Spontaneous generation, per chance ?
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:00 am

eddie wrote:He mentions Mr Obama at the end - but I'm not really interested in that.
Hmmmm, Eddie ...I've lived the 'OBAMA' experience - I read the ugly red-necked/racial slurs that get plastered up about this highly educated/classy/elegant woman and I'm happy to state that I've never read anything in print that called her a 'TRANS'; but everyone has their own opinion of BEAUTY Suspect 

And 4ever - SIGH - I'm not a believer of David Icke's conspiracies (already said that) but that doesn't mean his opinions on facts are wrong - does it?

So from an "IMPRESSION" to his "OPINONS ON FACTS" ...this entire thread really was about a question you had regarding the past income that has been reported by FLOTUS - M. Obama - pre-FLOTUS position and this wing-nut was the best source you had to chose from Rolling Eyes
Wouldn't there have been something/anything less insightful to a TINFOIL HAT then this dude? 
Just say'n, the conversation becomes about the source & that UTTER-NUTTER instead of your question No

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:23 am

Razz        

I SUSPECT that most of this crap talk, red herrings and whacky weed-infused rumour_mongering is a last minute desperate misdirection/re-direction effort from the usual Tea Baggers and extreme R/W suspects,  to distract the great unwashed from the slow but inevitable train crash that fatboy Donnie's presidential campaign is devolving into by the day...

Couldn't find any greater laugh-out-loud entertainment, even if you paid for it..        clown
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:14 pm

September 26, 2006
Officials Explain Increase in Michelle Obama’s Salary
by Sam Savage
WASHINGTON _ Officials at the University of Chicago Hospitals on Tuesday explained a large salary jump for Sen. Barack Obama's wife shortly after he took office as a normal promotion that reflected expanded duties in her job as a liaison with the South Side community surrounding the medical center.
Michelle Obama was promoted to vice president for external affairs in March 2005, two months after her husband took office in the Senate. According to a tax return released by the senator this week, the promotion nearly tripled her income from the hospitals to $316,962 in 2005 from $121,910 in 2004.
Hospitals spokesman John Easton said Obama's salary was in line with the compensation received by the not-for-profit medical center's 17 other vice presidents.

A tax return for the hospitals covering the 12 months ended June 30, 2005, shows most of the hospital center's vice presidents earning between $291,000 and $362,000.
Easton said the hospitals had made a determined effort to deepen their connections to the surrounding community, beginning in 2002, when Obama was hired for the new position of executive director for community affairs.
"There was a real initiative by the university and the hospitals to have a real relationship with the community," Easton said. "Over time, she developed a staff. . . It went from zero staff to Michelle and 10 staff."
Michael Riordan, who was University of Chicago Hospitals president at the time, said he had planned early on for the position to evolve into a vice president as a way of showing the U of C Hospitals' commitment to community outreach.
"I knew where I wanted to go with this position," said Riordan, who is now the top executive of the Greenville Hospital System in South Carolina. "I wanted to identify someone to grow into it."
Riordan said Obama's promotion had nothing to do with her husband becoming a U.S. senator.
"She was hired before Barack was Barack," Riordan said. "She is worth her weight in gold, and she is just terrific."
Easton said the hospitals' management had discussed a promotion to vice president with Obama previously but that she had been reluctant to undertake the commitment until her husband's Senate campaign had finished. In part, she wanted to wait until her family had made a decision on whether to maintain their primary residence in Illinois, which they did, and she had a better sense of the demands on her time as a senator's wife, he said.
At the time Obama was promoted to vice president, Easton added, she also had "at least one other, more lucrative offer" from a potential employer, though he declined to identify the competing organization.
Easton said the hospital management believed she merited the promotion based on a series of achievements. They included expansion of the institution's women and minority vendor purchases, rejuvenation of its volunteer program and work she did to help set up a collaborative effort with South Side clinics and doctors' offices to provide primary care for low-income residents who otherwise would seek treatment at the emergency room.
In explaining her salary increase, Easton and a spokesman for the senator both stressed her educational background, which includes an undergraduate degree from Princeton and a law degree from Harvard.
Obama's new salary is significantly higher than her annual earnings during the seven prior years for which the Obamas have released their taxes. During those years, her wages ranged from a low of $50,343 in 1999 to a high of $121,910 in 2004.
After Obama's graduation from Harvard Law School in 1988, she worked for a few years as an associate at the corporate law firm Sidley & Austin in Chicago. Such law practices typically pay lucrative salaries.
But after a few years, Obama moved into a series of positions in local government and non-profit organizations, which typically pay lower salaries.
According to a biography supplied by the medical center, she moved from the law firm to work first as an assistant to Chicago Mayor Richard Daley and then as the assistant commissioner of planning and development.
In 1993, she became the founding executive director of Public Allies Chicago, an Americorps National Service Program. She later worked as an associate dean of student services at the University of Chicago, a position she held until she was hired by the University of Chicago Hospitals.
 http://www.redorbit.com/news/health/671612/officials_explain_increase_in_michelle_obamas_salary/#q5jUhJfqSgGZbxT7.99

Yipper, Michelle Obama = quite a humanitarian/highly educated/class act and fascinating to read about Rolling Eyes
Just let your fingers do the walking {STFW} and there's a vast amount of reading material past & present by the people who actually worked with her/grew up with her/raised her/mentored her/attended college with her ...but there will always be the pit-bull bloggers {tinfoil hatters} whom some would rather read! Suspect  Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:05 pm

What a load of old fanny, in Jersey, in the General Hospital there are public wards and private rooms. If you can pay you get a private room with your choice of food and of course no waiting for operations etc. 
It is segregated, there are BUPA hospitals in the UK. David Icke is a deluded fool
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:04 pm

eddie wrote:Quill when you say no substance - did you actually look and check out the facts that there was "nada"

Um...didn't you hear me?  He has no substantiation to back up his point.  He offered no facts.  What's to check out?  Look what you offer:

eddie wrote:And Michelle Obama is a vice president of The University of Chicago Medical Center, where one of her signature responsibilities is guiding [i.e. not forcing] low-income patients away from the emergency room and into primary care elsewhere. While South Side activists praise her program, Barack Obama's union supporters have been critical of the management of many large hospitals for how they deal with charity care for the poor."

The only genuine fact in that entire passage is Michelle's relationship with the University of Chicago Medical Center.  Words like "signature responsibilities" and "guiding...low-income patients" are emotional verbs and adjectives that are illusory, and have no factual basis.  

You are an easy mark for color commentary, in which RW'rs with their jingles and dog whistles excel.  That is precisely why I continually criticize them for their lack of rational thought.  A fact is tangible; ask yourself, can you touch a "signature responsibility" or a "guidance"?  Go back and listen to him, and then think it through.  His whole piece is color-coded generalization.  

Also, a very typically a RW tactic: invent a story and then say you heard it somewhere.  Rolling Eyes   It's called distraction...while everyone is spinning wheels trying to prove/disprove a made-up claim, be in the bank stealing some money.

Last edited by Original Quill on Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:25 pm; edited 2 times in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:22 pm

David Icke? Yeah, right.......

"Icke was a BBC television sports presenter and spokesman for the Green Party, when a psychic told him, in 1990, that he had been placed on Earth for a purpose and would begin to receive messages from the spirit world.[5] The following year he announced that he was a "Son of the Godhead", and that the world would soon be devastated by tidal waves and earthquakes, a prediction he repeated on the BBC's primetime show Wogan.[6][7] The show changed his life, turning him from a respected household name into someone who was laughed at whenever he appeared in public."[8]

Courtesy of Wikipaedia.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:23 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:Quill when you say no substance - did you actually look and check out the facts that there was "nada"

Um...didn't you hear me?  He has no substantiation to back up his point.  He offered no facts.  What's to check out?  Look what you offer:

eddie wrote:And Michelle Obama is a vice president of The University of Chicago Medical Center, where one of her signature responsibilities is guiding [i.e. not forcing] low-income patients away from the emergency room and into primary care elsewhere. While South Side activists praise her program, Barack Obama's union supporters have been critical of the management of many large hospitals for how they deal with charity care for the poor."

The only genuine fact in that entire passage is Michelle's relationship with the University of Chicago Medical Center.  Words like "signature responsibilities" and "guiding...low-income patients" are emotional verbs and adjectives that are illusory, and have no factual basis.  

You are an easy mark for color commentary.  A fact is tangible; ask yourself, can you touch a "signature responsible" or a "guidance"?  Go back and listen to him, and then think it through.  His whole piece is generalization.  

Also, a very typically a RW tactic: invent a story and then say you heard it somewhere.  Rolling Eyes   It's called distraction...while everyone is spinning wheels trying to prove/disprove a made-up claim, be in the bank stealing some money.

Well you'd better take that up with Ben - he's the one that posted that article from a "reputable source" ....... AS I STATED ABOVE. Wink

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:25 pm

I wonder if this would've been so easily dismissed if someone other than Icke had said it....?

I don't like him, I think he's an arse, but I wouldn't dismiss something that someone I didn't like, said.
That happens to o often on forums.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:28 pm

Could there be a misunderstanding here because of the screwed-up American health care system?

The poor go to emergency rooms because ERs have to treat you, whether you can pay or not. They thus swamp the ERs and deplete resources, resulting in lower quality care for all patients.

Getting a patient out of the ER for a non-emergency and into the care of a primary care physician is much better for that patient and the ER patients who have real emergencies.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:31 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

You are an easy mark for color commentary.  A fact is tangible; ask yourself, can you touch a "signature responsible" or a "guidance"?  Go back and listen to him, and then think it through.  His whole piece is generalization.  

Well you'd better take that up with Ben - he's the one that posted that article from a "reputable source" ....... AS I STATED ABOVE. Wink

Ben also said: "You almost have to completely take his word for what he's saying about Michelle Obama..."  

Isn't that what I've been saying?  Icke has no substantiation.  

Also, what is the meaning of "reputable source"?  Donald Trump is often quoted in the New York Times, a reputable source.  Donald Trump is certifiable.  BTW, he too often speaks without facts.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:34 pm

eddie wrote:I wonder if this would've been so easily dismissed if someone other than Icke had said it....?

I don't like him, I think he's an arse, but I wouldn't dismiss something that someone I didn't like, said.
That happens to o often on forums.

I would have to say a resounding, YES. I have no idea who Icke is, and see? I've already forgotten his first name.

I daresay, if anyone in America has heard of him, it's a rarity.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:41 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Could there be a misunderstanding here because of the screwed-up American health care system?

The poor go to emergency rooms because ERs have to treat you, whether you can pay or not. They thus swamp the ERs and deplete resources, resulting in lower quality care for all patients.

Getting a patient out of the ER for a non-emergency and into the care of a primary care physician is much better for that patient and the ER patients who have real emergencies.

If that's what Icke means, perhaps that's why he strategically provided no facts.  Had he provided substantiation, it would have informed the reader of exactly what is going on: because America still provides healthcare by way of the market system, the poor must avoid the debt-laced half where the patient gets (in my mind, and most others) screwed.

Perceptive of you, Ben.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:40 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:Could there be a misunderstanding here because of the screwed-up American health care system?

If that's what Icke means, perhaps that's why he strategically provided no facts.  Had he provided substantiation, it would have informed the reader of exactly what is going on: because America still provides healthcare by way of the market system, the poor must avoid the debt-laced half where the patient gets (in my mind, and most others) screwed.

Perceptive of you, Ben.

That could be what he meant - certainly makes sense...

Quill, David Icke has an absolutely HUGE following - especially of Americans!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:58 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Perceptive of you, Ben.

That could be what he meant - certainly makes sense...

Quill, David Icke has an absolutely HUGE following  - especially of Americans!

Huge or not, I've never heard of him.

Icke appears to be full-tilt RW.  It is doubtful that he is sympathetic in any way toward black people.  It is more likely that he was taking advantage of a story, itself sympathetic to blacks, to say that Michelle Obama is a traitor to her kind.

What Ben adds to the story is the possibility that Ms. Obama was actually trying to help the black people she served, by avoiding debt.  The slant Icke gave was that clients were steered to low-rent health care,  He avoids noting—by omission of the full story—that it was low-cost, but not low-quality.  That kind of distortion is typical of the RW, and consistent with their tendency to lie to create false appearances.

Last edited by Original Quill on Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:00 pm

Who knows? We wil never know the truth will we? As we are not privy to the truth in most cases.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:03 pm

eddie wrote:Who knows? We wil never know the truth will we? As we are not privy to the truth in most cases.

Well, we know that Icke avoids the facts, and we know that by avoiding the facts he is able to tell untruths.

What else is necessary? It is what it is.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:10 pm

http://sandrarose.com/2009/03/michelle-obama-accused-of-turning-away-poor-black-patients/

http://lidblog.com/michelle-obamas-hospital-turns-away/

I daresay the links will be unsuitable for most - but I reckon there must be some truth to this.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:40 pm

eddie wrote:http://sandrarose.com/2009/03/michelle-obama-accused-of-turning-away-poor-black-patients/

I daresay the links will be unsuitable for most - but I reckon there  must be some truth to this.

I really don't see the problem.
If anyone here turned up at a private clinic without private health insurance we would be steered in the direction of the NHS.
Some local hospitals in this area are now announcing that no one need turn up for attention at local A &E departments unless they are SERIOUSLY ill and need immediate emergency attention.

It's logical to divert people away from one facility and steer (or guide) them in a direction of another.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:44 pm

eddie wrote:And of course you neglected this quill that Ben claims is "a reputable source":

"Critics have pointed out that her income has risen along with her husband's political ascent. She sits on the board of a food company that supplies Wal-Mart, which Sen. Obama has denounced for its labor practices.

And Michelle Obama is a vice president of The University of Chicago Medical Center, where one of her signature responsibilities is guiding [i.e. not forcing] low-income patients away from the emergency room and into primary care elsewhere. While South Side activists praise her program, Barack Obama's union supporters have been critical of the management of many large hospitals for how they deal with charity care for the poor."

So they do have segregated care.
What planet are you on?

And Syl? Yes, that was a lovely video of her being all Singy and clappy - not set up at all.!

And tbh, though I don't thinks she's transgender, she is NOT a feminine woman and she is NOT, what I'd call attractive (not heard anyone regard her as attractive) and she does look like a man in make up.
Sorry. But she bloody does.

But again. All beside the point as I prefer her, to the husband anyway, and feel she would've possibly made a better president....

Yes it was set up...just as all the other Carpool Karaoke's that James Corden has done have been.

It showed her in a different light though, and she is certainly better value than a lot of the political figures and their spouses that we have to represent our country.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:55 pm

eddie wrote:http://sandrarose.com/2009/03/michelle-obama-accused-of-turning-away-poor-black-patients/

http://lidblog.com/michelle-obamas-hospital-turns-away/
I daresay the links will be unsuitable for most - but I reckon there  must be some truth to this.

2 bloggers having access to another snipped/clipped article from another plagiarized publication {zero foundation - zero facts - zero data} and you'll take those 'BLOGGERS' opinions as viable because David Icke on Michelle Obama - does he have a point? 2190311264 
Well, when there's smoke there's just gotta be some kind of smoldering ember of burning truth regardless that 'YOU'VE' decided that Icke has sooooo many 'Americans' following him that that qualifies him as a demigod - David Icke on Michelle Obama - does he have a point? 1363015401

And those are the same 'ILK/mind-set' that fawn all over any of the mental dribbles of 'Cheeto-Jesus' and we'll hold those humans up as the weighty measure of astute truth against a educated/class act FLOTUS that can't defend herself against the LIES David Icke on Michelle Obama - does he have a point? 2396444674   

I guess it's safe to say; we the humans that sit in judgement of our politician are pretty safe and sanctimonious in our anonymity to stay safely behind our monitors and pass our morality judgements upon our FLOTUS just because 'some blogger, has stated something without any factual foundation/truth/knowledge' but we - the judgmental and have become M.Obama's Judge & Jury for the scale of justice!  David Icke on Michelle Obama - does he have a point? 1858517897

WOW, seems the bar of morality has been lowered enough to trod upon and will remain down there; wouldn't want to trip over it as we judge those that do not run for election but just stand beside their husbands as honorable wives/mothers/women!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:14 pm

Syl wrote:

If anyone here turned up at a private clinic without private health insurance we would be steered in the direction of the NHS.
Some local hospitals in this area are now announcing that no one need turn up for attention at local A &E departments unless they are SERIOUSLY ill and need immediate emergency attention.

It's logical to divert people away from one facility and steer (or guide) them in a direction of another.

I think the problem comes because Michelle Obama harps on about helping blsck people and blsck people having to be "twice as good" (and they do, I agree), and then doing a job that steers these same people away from healthcare that they should be getting if they had the same chances as whites.

That's the way I read it.

But hey, she's only human and had a big salary to think of.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:36 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

I think the problem comes because Michelle Obama harps on about helping blsck people and blsck people having to be "twice as good" (and they do, I agree), and then doing a job that steers these same people away from healthcare that they should be getting if they had the same chances as whites.

But that's contrary to the facts, as Ben stated them.  Her job was to steer poor blacks away from unnecessary debt, not the healthcare.  To the contrary, she shows them where to get medical attention without the high cost.

What I find a bit offensive is that this guy Icke perverts the story.  Instead of stating that she steers black people away from high costs, he claims she steers black people away from the healthcare itself.  

That's dishonest...here's she's trying to help people, and he lies and says the opposite.  But there's a lesson in this: when someone makes claims and leaves out the facts, you know he's purely spinning the story.  Facts are inconvenient to a spun story.  Twisted Evil

But...that's the conservative way, Look over there, don't look over here.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:45 pm

Have to agree Quill, she isn't steering them away from healthcare, she is steering them to the RIGHT healthcare.

BTW Eddie, I think she is utterly beautiful, graceful, sporty, humerous and a credit to womanhood.   I hate the way people talk about women looking like men because they are tall and strong, like women can't be tall and strong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:47 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

You've taken the word of a human that you've admitted you have little regard for and now you've built your whole opinion for a woman you do not know Suspect 
You've not read any thing other than a few vitriolic filled blogger rants regarding M. Obama's one work location and you've mentally found her lacking in honesty/work ethics/ humanity/and she "HARPS" about social issues ...as if you'd know since you've NOT READ ANYTHING THAT HAD FACTS.  
I'm disappointed ...that's the method of the LAME & LAZY ...the hate mongers that can't & won't be geared to do any REAL READING, they just swallow what's been served because it fits their narrative for assumed judgemental biased thinking!
"that's the way you read it" ...read what?  You've not read anything about the real M. Obama - FLOTUS!
You went looking for an ass-swipe piece about that class act - decent human and you've pulled the first TURD THAT WAS FLOATING IN THAT EASY BLOGGER TOILET BOWL ...
good grief Eddie  David Icke on Michelle Obama - does he have a point? 2023022481

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:00 pm

Thank You, First Lady Michelle Obama

As the Obama family’s time in the White House nears the end, Black women reflect on what FLOTUS means to them

s his historic presidency draws to a close, there’s much to reflect on the legacy of President Obama. And just as importantly, there’s much to reflect on the legacy of First Lady Michelle Obama. In her sista-friend interview with Oprah Winfrey at the recent United State of Women summit, Mrs. Obama looked back on her journey to the White House and how she initially approached her future role as First Lady of the United States: “I specifically did not read other First Ladies’ books, because I didn’t want to be influenced by how they defined the role," she said. "I knew that I would have to find this role very uniquely and specifically to me and who I was.”

Sage advice that, unfortunately, prospective FLOTUS-in-training Melania Trump failed to heed. Mrs. Trump, who made her long awaited public debut Monday night at the Republican National Convention, delivered a riveting speech that thrilled the packed arena of “Make America Great Again” supporters. Motivating statements such as, "We want our children in this nation to know that the only limit to your achievements is the strength of your dreams and your willingness to work for them,” prompted the crowd to erupt in cheers. Many likely thinking, finally, a First Lady who genuinely cares about the future of America; something that could never be said of Michelle Obama.

Oh, but it could. In fact, at the 2008 Democratic National Convention, Mrs. Obama practically gave the same speech. A speech that she more than lived up to in her eight years of service to this country. Sadly, no one told Mrs. Trump that you can plagiarize words but not the genuine sentiments behind them.

Mrs. Obama, as a person and as First Lady, resonates with many because of her authenticity. This has been echoed in countless conversations I’ve had with others over the last eight years and the recent formal survey of about 60 Black women across the country. As 34-year-old Michelle J., of Austin, TX stated, “She was open about her real life experiences in a world of politics where everyone pretends that their lives are without flaws.”

The survey gave voice to women ranging in age from 20s to 60s, and with educational attainment of high school diploma/GED to PhD. With such vast differences in demographics, it was interesting to see the trends that emerged: optimism, relatability, and “realness.”

When asked to rate (on a scale of ‘strongly disagree’ to ‘strongly agree’) various statements about the First Lady and why they relate to her, the following were the most consistently agreed or strongly agreed upon:

·       88% said she has made them (more) optimistic about the future of Black/African-American women.

·       82% said that because of her, other races/nationalities perceive Black/African-American women in a more favorable light.

They relate to her because:
·       92% – she’s Black.
·       96% – she’s stylish.
·       98% – she’s no-nonsense.
·       98% – she’s not afraid to speak her mind.
·       98% – she can go from the White House to a cookout and not miss a step.
·       96% – in her they see all the things that are possible for themselves.
·       96% – in her they see all the things that are possible for Black/African-American girls and teens.
·       90% – in her they see all the things that are possible for Black/African-American women.

In the words of 37-year-old Nikki F. from Chicago, Il (Mrs. Obama’s hometown), “She represents everything our [Black girls] parents taught us that we could be.”

It's not easy being the first, however. It's harder still to be the first in a role that you wouldn't have chosen for yourself. As the First Lady has stated, “When Barack was talking about running, I was like, are you crazy? I mean, would you just, like, chill out and do something else with your life?” Clearly, the woman was not clamoring for the limelight. Given the choice, she would have lived a fulfilling life tirelessly working to encourage and bring attention to the need for all Americans – especially our youth – to dedicate time to volunteerism and public service.

Thankfully for us, she changed her mind and joined her husband in bringing a “change we can believe in” dream to America. So, in 2009, when her husband was sworn in as the country’s 44th President, we welcomed her with open arms because she presented her authentic self. And because of the connection to her authenticity, we invited her to make us proud; she did not disappoint.

As the first and only (and if we’re being realistic – likely last . . . for a very long time) Black woman to hold this post, Mrs. Obama has exemplified excellence both in words and action. While many love her, there’s a special kinship most Black women feel toward her. It’s not just because she looks like us (although it’s clearly a meaningful fact, according to the survey); it goes so much deeper than that. It’s that she’s made no apologies for the fact that we matter to her. An anomaly in a country where being Black and female has historically meant being discounted, marginalized, and defeated.

As recently as the 2015 Black Women in the United States report, statistics show that the current state of Black American women remain grim:

·       Women’s unemployment fell to a six-year low (4.9%) and white women’s unemployment hit a seven-year low (4.2%). Completely counter to that trend, Black women’s unemployment actually ticked up, reaching 8.9%.

·       Black women with Bachelor’s degrees, on average, earn about $10,000 less than White men with an Associate’s degree ($49,882 vs. $59,014). In fact, it would take nearly two Black women college graduates to earn what the average White male college graduate earns by himself ($55,804 vs. $100, 620).

·       In spite of consistently leading all women in labor market participation, Black women are among the most likely in America to be poor. In fact, the poverty rate of Black women (25.1%) more than doubles that of White women (10.3%) and Asian women (11.5%), and slightly eclipses that of Latinas (24.8%).

In the face of harsh statistics and the personal challenges experienced by Black women, is it any wonder that we “beam with pride” for one who encourages her daughters, mentees, and other women of color “not to live by the limited box and definition that we are put in.” Because she knows that expectations for Black girls – whether they grow up on Chicago’s South Side or in a remote village in Nigeria – are limited, Mrs. Obama created initiatives such as "Let Girls Learn" to provide educational opportunities that change lives.

David Icke on Michelle Obama - does he have a point? 6cYR4Fix_biggerThe First Lady Verified account @FLOTUS
"I told 106-year-old Virginia McLaurin 'I want to be just like you one day' " —The First Lady #62MillionGirls
David Icke on Michelle Obama - does he have a point? Cdr4g5vUMAAZSOd

During her tenure, Mrs. Obama has shown a willingness to leveraged her platform of power and influence to make it possible to aim and achieve our potential, which is why we say thank you.
Below are sample voices of Black women sharing the importance of the First Lady to them:

“She represents everything I can be that the world doesn't want me to be.” – Lauren W., 27, New Orleans, La

“Michelle matters to me because she breaks the stereotypical views of African-American women in not only America but the world! For 8 years, she has held the position of First Lady, while also wearing so many other hats – a mother, a wife, a daughter, a friend, a philanthropist, an educator and so much more. She's held her composure at all times with poise, class and humility. She's addressed issues that most women in her position wouldn't or know how to. It makes me proud to say the First Lady of America is Michelle Obama, an African American woman.” – Anon, 28, Valley Stream, NY

“First Lady Michelle Obama matters to me because she is great role model for me as an African American woman but also just as a person in general. My being young may have something to do with it, but I've never known a First Lady who was so involved issues that are affecting our youth and that inspires me to do more for my community. I also look up to her for her poise and natural confidence. Unlike a lot of celebrities, Michelle Obama provides a healthy and attainable example of what hard work can accomplish.” – Anon, 29

“Michelle Obama matters to me because she has proven to be everything that I expected her to be. She is a woman of stature, grace, beauty, brains and a mother. She has shown that she isn't just a First Lady, she is an everyday woman who we of all ages can look up to and strive to be more like.” –  Kimberley T., 29, Bronx, NY

“Because she is the perfect example of a Black woman. We are not only what the media and society portrays (uneducated, loud, ratchet) she is someone that i can point out to my daughter to inspire to one day be.” – Tanaya G., 33, Cleveland, OH

“Michelle Obama matters to me because of her intersections: Black woman, mother, lawyer, advocate, wife. She is also sensitive, outspoken, loving and unafraid to me vulnerable.” – Erica C., 34, Queens, NY

“The First Lady matters to me in so many ways. The strongest strength I draw from her though is her ability to pull through authenticity and genuineness and whatever she does. Often African-American women are put in tough, precarious even soul sucking positions to grow professionally. Watching Mrs. Obama deal with the ridicule while staying true to who she is has taught me so much about how I can also do the same and still feel good about myself.” – Allison R., 34, New York, NY

“Because she gets it. The experience of a Black woman in America. I don't know if anyone with that level of power and access to power in the US has ever understood that experience.” – Rachel H., 34, New York, NY

“The FLOTUS matters to me because I admire her strength in a position where she has constantly been criticized, belittled, and stereotyped. Never, not even for one second, has she stumbled or lost her composure. She has remained the classy, sophisticated, honest, and down to earth woman who stepped onto the campaign trail so many years ago. As we well know, beside every great man is an equally great woman and First Lady Obama has been a shining example of what black excellence looks like. I beam with pride when I see her. She makes me feel like so many things are possible that I once wasn't sure were. She's a hope and a dream set to a smooth beat.” – Shamela B., 36, Tupelo, MS

“Simply put: she represents hope.” – Kimberly T., 39, Indianapolis, IN

David Icke on Michelle Obama - does he have a point? 6cYR4Fix_biggerThe First Lady Verified account @FLOTUS
If there’s truly something you want to do in the world, you can’t be satisfied until you do it. —Ray Charles
David Icke on Michelle Obama - does he have a point? CcB6zs9UsAAUPed

“She is a role model that our daughters can actually relate to. My worry is not so much for my peers as it is for our future young leaders. I am the mother to one teenage daughter and aunt to 8 young girls. As Black women we need more than a village to prepare our young women for their futures.” – Elita Celeste H, 41, Bronx, NY

“FLOTUS means a great deal to me because she showed how elegant and sophisticated one can be without coming from a pedigree background. She did it her way! She did not conform to any set of rules or standards but presented a new level of exceptional quality that will be very hard for the next First Lady to achieve. FLOTUS is my SHERO!!” – Alfreda M., 45, Dallas, TX

“Michelle has dispelled the media's portrayal of the Black woman as being uneducated, jobless, hopeless, worthless, baby-mommas that mooch off of the government and give birth to criminals and gangster rappers.” – Lee H.

“First Lady Michelle Obama matters to me because she represents all of what any and all African American women can be. She breaks down many stereotypes and proves what can happen when one gets a good education and does not settle for just what one is given; she strives for better. She proves if we as African American women/girls put our minds to it, we can do and be anything we want. She also matters to me because she is not content with her own successes. She does her best to help other be successful as well.” – Katrina

"She defies the stereotype that Black women cannot articulate a thought or plan of action. Her actions are selfless and demonstrate a passionate desire for the children in our nation to have a great future that is limitless.” – Amika K.

It’s a powerful reflection of her legacy to see the many women she’s encouraged and motivated to hope and work for a better future for themselves and the teens and girls coming behind them.  So, thank you, Mrs. Obama, for connecting with us in a way that no other First Lady ever has before (or likely ever will). 

Read more at EBONY http://www.ebony.com/news-views/thank-you-michelle-obama#ixzz4IBtWqqVm
Follow us: @EbonyMag on Twitter | EbonyMag on Facebook

What real black American women think about her, not David Icke who is as nutty as a fruit cake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:28 pm

sassy wrote:

Thank You, First Lady Michelle Obama

As the Obama family’s time in the White House nears the end, Black women reflect on what FLOTUS means to them

s his historic presidency draws to a close, there’s much to reflect on the legacy of President Obama. And just as importantly, there’s much to reflect on the legacy of First Lady Michelle Obama. In her sista-friend interview with Oprah Winfrey at the recent United State of Women summit, Mrs. Obama looked back on her journey to the White House and how she initially approached her future role as First Lady of the United States: “I specifically did not read other First Ladies’ books, because I didn’t want to be influenced by how they defined the role," she said. "I knew that I would have to find this role very uniquely and specifically to me and who I was.”

Sage advice that, unfortunately, prospective FLOTUS-in-training Melania Trump failed to heed. Mrs. Trump, who made her long awaited public debut Monday night at the Republican National Convention, delivered a riveting speech that thrilled the packed arena of “Make America Great Again” supporters. Motivating statements such as, "We want our children in this nation to know that the only limit to your achievements is the strength of your dreams and your willingness to work for them,” prompted the crowd to erupt in cheers. Many likely thinking, finally, a First Lady who genuinely cares about the future of America; something that could never be said of Michelle Obama.

Oh, but it could. In fact, at the 2008 Democratic National Convention, Mrs. Obama practically gave the same speech. A speech that she more than lived up to in her eight years of service to this country. Sadly, no one told Mrs. Trump that you can plagiarize words but not the genuine sentiments behind them.

Mrs. Obama, as a person and as First Lady, resonates with many because of her authenticity. This has been echoed in countless conversations I’ve had with others over the last eight years and the recent formal survey of about 60 Black women across the country. As 34-year-old Michelle J., of Austin, TX stated, “She was open about her real life experiences in a world of politics where everyone pretends that their lives are without flaws.”

The survey gave voice to women ranging in age from 20s to 60s, and with educational attainment of high school diploma/GED to PhD. With such vast differences in demographics, it was interesting to see the trends that emerged: optimism, relatability, and “realness.”

When asked to rate (on a scale of ‘strongly disagree’ to ‘strongly agree’) various statements about the First Lady and why they relate to her, the following were the most consistently agreed or strongly agreed upon:

·       88% said she has made them (more) optimistic about the future of Black/African-American women.

·       82% said that because of her, other races/nationalities perceive Black/African-American women in a more favorable light.

They relate to her because:
·       92% – she’s Black.
·       96% – she’s stylish.
·       98% – she’s no-nonsense.
·       98% – she’s not afraid to speak her mind.
·       98% – she can go from the White House to a cookout and not miss a step.
·       96% – in her they see all the things that are possible for themselves.
·       96% – in her they see all the things that are possible for Black/African-American girls and teens.
·       90% – in her they see all the things that are possible for Black/African-American women.

In the words of 37-year-old Nikki F. from Chicago, Il (Mrs. Obama’s hometown), “She represents everything our [Black girls] parents taught us that we could be.”

It's not easy being the first, however. It's harder still to be the first in a role that you wouldn't have chosen for yourself. As the First Lady has stated, “When Barack was talking about running, I was like, are you crazy? I mean, would you just, like, chill out and do something else with your life?” Clearly, the woman was not clamoring for the limelight. Given the choice, she would have lived a fulfilling life tirelessly working to encourage and bring attention to the need for all Americans – especially our youth – to dedicate time to volunteerism and public service.

Thankfully for us, she changed her mind and joined her husband in bringing a “change we can believe in” dream to America. So, in 2009, when her husband was sworn in as the country’s 44th President, we welcomed her with open arms because she presented her authentic self. And because of the connection to her authenticity, we invited her to make us proud; she did not disappoint.

As the first and only (and if we’re being realistic – likely last . . . for a very long time) Black woman to hold this post, Mrs. Obama has exemplified excellence both in words and action. While many love her, there’s a special kinship most Black women feel toward her. It’s not just because she looks like us (although it’s clearly a meaningful fact, according to the survey); it goes so much deeper than that. It’s that she’s made no apologies for the fact that we matter to her. An anomaly in a country where being Black and female has historically meant being discounted, marginalized, and defeated.

As recently as the 2015 Black Women in the United States report, statistics show that the current state of Black American women remain grim:

·       Women’s unemployment fell to a six-year low (4.9%) and white women’s unemployment hit a seven-year low (4.2%). Completely counter to that trend, Black women’s unemployment actually ticked up, reaching 8.9%.

·       Black women with Bachelor’s degrees, on average, earn about $10,000 less than White men with an Associate’s degree ($49,882 vs. $59,014). In fact, it would take nearly two Black women college graduates to earn what the average White male college graduate earns by himself ($55,804 vs. $100, 620).

·       In spite of consistently leading all women in labor market participation, Black women are among the most likely in America to be poor. In fact, the poverty rate of Black women (25.1%) more than doubles that of White women (10.3%) and Asian women (11.5%), and slightly eclipses that of Latinas (24.8%).

In the face of harsh statistics and the personal challenges experienced by Black women, is it any wonder that we “beam with pride” for one who encourages her daughters, mentees, and other women of color “not to live by the limited box and definition that we are put in.” Because she knows that expectations for Black girls – whether they grow up on Chicago’s South Side or in a remote village in Nigeria – are limited, Mrs. Obama created initiatives such as "Let Girls Learn" to provide educational opportunities that change lives.

"I told 106-year-old Virginia McLaurin 'I want to be just like you one day' " —The First Lady #62MillionGirls

During her tenure, Mrs. Obama has shown a willingness to leveraged her platform of power and influence to make it possible to aim and achieve our potential, which is why we say thank you.
Below are sample voices of Black women sharing the importance of the First Lady to them:

“She represents everything I can be that the world doesn't want me to be.” – Lauren W., 27, New Orleans, La

“Michelle matters to me because she breaks the stereotypical views of African-American women in not only America but the world! For 8 years, she has held the position of First Lady, while also wearing so many other hats – a mother, a wife, a daughter, a friend, a philanthropist, an educator and so much more. She's held her composure at all times with poise, class and humility. She's addressed issues that most women in her position wouldn't or know how to. It makes me proud to say the First Lady of America is Michelle Obama, an African American woman.” – Anon, 28, Valley Stream, NY

“First Lady Michelle Obama matters to me because she is great role model for me as an African American woman but also just as a person in general. My being young may have something to do with it, but I've never known a First Lady who was so involved issues that are affecting our youth and that inspires me to do more for my community. I also look up to her for her poise and natural confidence. Unlike a lot of celebrities, Michelle Obama provides a healthy and attainable example of what hard work can accomplish.” – Anon, 29

“Michelle Obama matters to me because she has proven to be everything that I expected her to be. She is a woman of stature, grace, beauty, brains and a mother. She has shown that she isn't just a First Lady, she is an everyday woman who we of all ages can look up to and strive to be more like.” –  Kimberley T., 29, Bronx, NY

“Because she is the perfect example of a Black woman. We are not only what the media and society portrays (uneducated, loud, ratchet) she is someone that i can point out to my daughter to inspire to one day be.” – Tanaya G., 33, Cleveland, OH

“Michelle Obama matters to me because of her intersections: Black woman, mother, lawyer, advocate, wife. She is also sensitive, outspoken, loving and unafraid to me vulnerable.” – Erica C., 34, Queens, NY

“The First Lady matters to me in so many ways. The strongest strength I draw from her though is her ability to pull through authenticity and genuineness and whatever she does. Often African-American women are put in tough, precarious even soul sucking positions to grow professionally. Watching Mrs. Obama deal with the ridicule while staying true to who she is has taught me so much about how I can also do the same and still feel good about myself.” – Allison R., 34, New York, NY

“Because she gets it. The experience of a Black woman in America. I don't know if anyone with that level of power and access to power in the US has ever understood that experience.” – Rachel H., 34, New York, NY

“The FLOTUS matters to me because I admire her strength in a position where she has constantly been criticized, belittled, and stereotyped. Never, not even for one second, has she stumbled or lost her composure. She has remained the classy, sophisticated, honest, and down to earth woman who stepped onto the campaign trail so many years ago. As we well know, beside every great man is an equally great woman and First Lady Obama has been a shining example of what black excellence looks like. I beam with pride when I see her. She makes me feel like so many things are possible that I once wasn't sure were. She's a hope and a dream set to a smooth beat.” – Shamela B., 36, Tupelo, MS

“Simply put: she represents hope.” – Kimberly T., 39, Indianapolis, IN

If there’s truly something you want to do in the world, you can’t be satisfied until you do it. —Ray Charles
David Icke on Michelle Obama - does he have a point? CcB6zs9UsAAUPed

“She is a role model that our daughters can actually relate to. My worry is not so much for my peers as it is for our future young leaders. I am the mother to one teenage daughter and aunt to 8 young girls. As Black women we need more than a village to prepare our young women for their futures.” – Elita Celeste H, 41, Bronx, NY

“FLOTUS means a great deal to me because she showed how elegant and sophisticated one can be without coming from a pedigree background. She did it her way! She did not conform to any set of rules or standards but presented a new level of exceptional quality that will be very hard for the next First Lady to achieve. FLOTUS is my SHERO!!” – Alfreda M., 45, Dallas, TX

“Michelle has dispelled the media's portrayal of the Black woman as being uneducated, jobless, hopeless, worthless, baby-mommas that mooch off of the government and give birth to criminals and gangster rappers.” – Lee H.

“First Lady Michelle Obama matters to me because she represents all of what any and all African American women can be. She breaks down many stereotypes and proves what can happen when one gets a good education and does not settle for just what one is given; she strives for better. She proves if we as African American women/girls put our minds to it, we can do and be anything we want. She also matters to me because she is not content with her own successes. She does her best to help other be successful as well.” – Katrina

"She defies the stereotype that Black women cannot articulate a thought or plan of action. Her actions are selfless and demonstrate a passionate desire for the children in our nation to have a great future that is limitless.” – Amika K.

It’s a powerful reflection of her legacy to see the many women she’s encouraged and motivated to hope and work for a better future for themselves and the teens and girls coming behind them.  So, thank you, Mrs. Obama, for connecting with us in a way that no other First Lady ever has before (or likely ever will). 

Read more at EBONY http://www.ebony.com/news-views/thank-you-michelle-obama#ixzz4IBtWqqVm
Follow us: @EbonyMag on Twitter | EbonyMag on Facebook

What real black American women think about her, not David Icke who is as nutty as a fruit cake.

Pic 1... seriously...!?

Behind Mrs Obama... why is there that large slab of wood on the floor...?

And the table with flowers... why is there a bit of table down left side of flowers where background should be...?

Just follow the circle line of table edge from visible front edge to left to back bit... whoops!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:46 pm

You stupid bastard, it was all over the news.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:54 pm

Tommykins stated >
Pic 1... seriously...!?
Behind Mrs Obama... why is there that large slab of wood on the floor...?  That would be called the TABLE BASE, that magic thing that supports that round marble topped table that the huge green basket of fresh cut flowers is seated upon! Rolling Eyes

And the table with flowers... why is there a bit of table down left side of flowers where background should be...?  Psssst, that's because it's a ROUND table with a marble top ... Razz

Just follow the circle line of table edge from visible front edge to left to back bit... whoops!!!   WHOOPS, INDEED ...that's what our White House room looks like - google it and all of your Wild Assed Conspiracy - "THAT'S A PHOTO SHOPPED" images will be proven WRONG yet again!
How sad that you can't manage to READ David Icke on Michelle Obama - does he have a point? 1363015401

To spend the time to actually become educated about the wonderful FLOTUS but become so OCD about another 'WHAT IF' for another BS theory for an image that just is everything about that 106-year-old Virginia McLaurin dancing with our POTUS & FLOTUS and so happy to be there with our first black couple in the White House!  No

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:57 pm

Doesn't mean the pic hasn't been edited...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:01 pm

Oh do fuck off you idiot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:14 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

American healthcare has to be paid for.... so they have health insurance and that ensures they get treated when they need it.
No insurance they get a lesser treatment, that would apply to poor whites OR blacks surely?

That's the way I see it....surely it's better to be guided in the direction of someone who can help rather than just turned away.

As for her looks...beauty is subjective, she may not be dainty and feminine, but I think she has a warm attraction about her.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:18 pm

Re looks....it's inevitable that a woman in the public eye has her looks judged in a way that men never do.
Theresa Mays appearance has come in for some real criticism just as Michelle Obama's has.
Odd how pug ugly men can sail through their political careers and no one ever comments on their shoes or rate their facial attractiveness as being found wanting. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:27 pm

Now ain't that the truth!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:35 pm

And oddly Sassy, women are often the worst culprits.
Female journalists are well known for judging other womens looks in a derogatory fashion, publishing their comments for millions to see, and adding unflattering pics just to add insult to injury.... and women in general do it all the time.

Men just add an odd comment, usually based on whether they would bed them or not. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next