NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michelle Obama to newly out TV host: ‘You continue to make us all proud’

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Michelle Obama to newly out TV host: ‘You continue to make us all proud’ Empty Michelle Obama to newly out TV host: ‘You continue to make us all proud’

Post by Guest Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:38 pm

Michelle Obama to newly out TV host: ‘You continue to make us all proud’ MO1  Cool 

The US First Lady Michelle Obama has tweeted her support for a TV host who publicly revealed that she is gay this week.
Robin Roberts, co-host of Good Morning America – the country’s most watched morning news programme – today acknowledged publicly for the first time her long-standing relationship with a woman.
Michelle Obama tweeted from the official First Lady of the United States (FLOTUS) account today to congratulate Roberts on coming out.
The tweet, which was signed “mo”, noting that the tweet was written by Michelle Obama and not one of her staff, was strongly supportive. According to reports it was sent from Hawaii where the First Family spends its holidays.

Roberts is a household name in the US, having co-anchored ABC’s Good Morning America since 2005.
She began her career in 1983 as a sports anchor and reporter in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Born in Alabama, Roberts grew up in Pass Christian, Mississippi, where she played basketball and tennis at college before embarking full-time into broadcasting.
She came out in a Facebook post about overcoming a long-term illness and at the end acknowledged her same-sex partner for her support.
It was Roberts whom President Barack Obama chose in May 2012 for his landmark interview to acknowledge his support for equal marriage.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2013/12/30/michelle-obama-to-newly-out-tv-host-you-continue-to-make-us-all-proud/

I love the Obama's  cheers 

Back to top Go down

Michelle Obama to newly out TV host: ‘You continue to make us all proud’ Empty Re: Michelle Obama to newly out TV host: ‘You continue to make us all proud’

Post by Original Quill Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:50 pm

Know her well.  Her father was was a Red Tail, or one of the Tuskegee Airmen--the Black P-51 D pilots who protected British and American bombers during WWII. Robin was a great female basket ball player at Southeastern Louisana University.

Most of us have known that Robin was gay, tho she only came out.  GMA also sported Sam Champion, who also came out while on the air.

Michelle Obama to newly out TV host: ‘You continue to make us all proud’ 2Q==

Also, like you, I think both of the Obamas are outstanding...perhaps one to the three best of presidents, and no doubt the most gracious First Lady we have ever had.

Last edited by Original Quill on Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Michelle Obama to newly out TV host: ‘You continue to make us all proud’ Empty Re: Michelle Obama to newly out TV host: ‘You continue to make us all proud’

Post by Guest Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:53 pm

Original Quill wrote:Know her well.  Her father was was a red tail, or one of the Tuskegee Airmen--one of the Black P-51 D pilots who protected British and American bombers during WWII.

Most of us have known that Robin was gay, tho she only came out.  GMA also sported Sam Champion, who also came out while on the air.

Michelle Obama to newly out TV host: ‘You continue to make us all proud’ 2Q==

There was a hollywood film about those pilots recently, and a bloody good film it was too!  Cool 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:44 pm

Catman wrote:Michelle Obama to newly out TV host: ‘You continue to make us all proud’ MO1   Cool 

The US First Lady Michelle Obama has tweeted her support for a TV host who publicly revealed that she is gay this week.
Robin Roberts, co-host of Good Morning America – the country’s most watched morning news programme – today acknowledged publicly for the first time her long-standing relationship with a woman.
Michelle Obama tweeted from the official First Lady of the United States (FLOTUS) account today to congratulate Roberts on coming out.
The tweet, which was signed “mo”, noting that the tweet was written by Michelle Obama and not one of her staff, was strongly supportive. According to reports it was sent from Hawaii where the First Family spends its holidays.

Roberts is a household name in the US, having co-anchored ABC’s Good Morning America since 2005.
She began her career in 1983 as a sports anchor and reporter in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Born in Alabama, Roberts grew up in Pass Christian, Mississippi, where she played basketball and tennis at college before embarking full-time into broadcasting.
She came out in a Facebook post about overcoming a long-term illness and at the end acknowledged her same-sex partner for her support.
It was Roberts whom President Barack Obama chose in May 2012 for his landmark interview to acknowledge his support for equal marriage.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2013/12/30/michelle-obama-to-newly-out-tv-host-you-continue-to-make-us-all-proud/

I love the Obama's  cheers 

Good afternoon Folks & happy new year to you all........Here we go....

AH AH AHHHHHHHH! I'VE CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM!!

ANOTHER GAY PERSON WHOSE COME OUT!!

GOD BLEEEEEEEEEEEES A-ME-RI-CAAAA!!

PEWKAHOLICS OR WHAT!

Michelle Obama to newly out TV host: ‘You continue to make us all proud’ Untitl13

HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:54 pm

Hang on a minute I can't leave it at that....

In my best Yankee accent..'I'm just sooooo happy that that son of a bitch came out.God bless America?'

'God bless that Michelle Obama coz she is the virgin Mary.She is a son of a gun.You know what I'm sayin'?God bless George Bush.

'My mother f---in' ass is on fire coz thoze Obamas is such mother f---in' good people I can hardly contain my mother f---in'self.'

OOOOOO WEEEEE mother f---er'.......OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

HEY MOTHER F---ER! WHO IS YOU CALLIN' A MOTHER F---ER?

Singing.....YANKEEEE TO WARRRRR.YANKEEEE HANG HIGHHHHH!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:01 pm

You continue to make us all SOOOO proud.......YOU MOTHER F---IN'SON OF A BITCH!

I'm just so glad that you made me so proud that I can sit here with my hands (this is still with an American accent) so sanctimoneously held together like I'm a prayin' to the lord God AlmIghty himself.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO WEEEEEEEE MOTHER F---ER..OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WEEEEEEEEE!

GOD IS A LISTENIN' ME YOU HEAR THAT YOU MOTHER F---IN' SON OF A BITCH.YOU KNOW WHAT I'M A SAYIN'?

HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR!!

GOD BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES A-ME-RI-CA!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:02 pm

That'll do me for now folks. pirat 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:43 pm

Is there any need for this inane rubbish to be posted on almost every gay related thread?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:34 pm

Clearly he was drunk, Phil.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:35 pm

Original Quill wrote:Clearly he was drunk, Phil.  

That's what pirates do Quill, they  I love you the rum Michelle Obama to newly out TV host: ‘You continue to make us all proud’ Pirate15 lol! x

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:42 pm

lol! 

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:08 pm

Original Quill wrote:Clearly he was drunk, Phil.  

No...He does that for the majority of the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:49 am

Wow, man -- I mean, I'll take the piss out of America with the best of them, but that wasn't even half-realistic. You should at least have mentioned Toby Keith and NASCAR. And nobody who likes Bush also likes Obama, at least not that I know. And I'm from Texas, pretty much the heart of the America you're trying to stereotype ...

Let's just face it, Shady -- your're a troglodyte homophobe who thinks that anyone who's attracted to someone you're not attracted to must have something wrong with him or her. Right? Hey, you ever think that gay men are equally inclined to wonder what we find so enticing about women?

Probably not. Here, try this on for size -- it doesn't fucking matter who you love, it only matters how you treat and talk about others. Is that really such a hard concept to grasp or to support?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:41 pm

Haha...Softy is the last of the bitter old white men, going out with the past century. We wrap a warm blanket around him and make sure he drinks his warm milk.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:35 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Wow, man -- I mean, I'll take the piss out of America with the best of them, but that wasn't even half-realistic. You should at least have mentioned Toby Keith and NASCAR. And nobody who likes Bush also likes Obama, at least not that I know. And I'm from Texas, pretty much the heart of the America you're trying to stereotype ...

Let's just face it, Shady -- your're a troglodyte homophobe who thinks that anyone who's attracted to someone you're not attracted to must have something wrong with him or her. Right? Hey, you ever think that gay men are equally inclined to wonder what we find so enticing about women?

Probably not. Here, try this on for size -- it doesn't fucking matter who you love, it only matters how you treat and talk about others. Is that really such a hard concept to grasp or to support?

Absolutely Ben, no one has the right to deny love, in whatever form  I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:10 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Wow, man -- I mean, I'll take the piss out of America with the best of them, but that wasn't even half-realistic. You should at least have mentioned Toby Keith and NASCAR. And nobody who likes Bush also likes Obama, at least not that I know. And I'm from Texas, pretty much the heart of the America you're trying to stereotype ...

Good evening Ben.

Ben do spare me the over emotional sanctimoneous American moral drivel as I'm too down to Earth to believe that John wayne & Michelle Obama are going to save the world.....again.

Troglodyte homophobe.....mmmmm.I see that Catty has been......whispering to you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:12 pm

Original Quill wrote:Haha...Softy is the last of the bitter old white men, going out with the past century.  We wrap a warm blanket around him and make sure he drinks his warm milk.

I love you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:15 pm

I'm sure that Ben has his own pair of eyes and can read your drivel for himself you racist and homophobic cunt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:49 pm

Catman wrote:I'm sure that Ben has his own pair of eyes and can read your drivel for himself you racist and homophobic cunt.

It's funny how things work isn't it Catty? Because for a while just recently I was interested in you.But now darling......you've slipped off my radar which makes you......... irrelevant.

Until next time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:36 pm

Shady wrote:Good evening Ben.

Ben do spare me the over emotional sanctimoneous American moral drivel as I'm too down to Earth to believe that John wayne & Michelle Obama are going to save the world.....again.

Troglodyte homophobe.....mmmmm.I see that Catty has been......whispering to you.

Wow, I'm actually impressed that you had the guts to respond. As far as John Wayne or Michelle Obama saving the world, I defy anyone to translate what you're talking about, but that's not really my point.

I would guess that somehow you're trying to turn my criticism of your homophobia into some chest-thumping pro-'Merica ranting, but I don't think anybody's fooled.

I was pro-human rights long before I knew anything of Catman's existence, so no -- I didn't used to be just like you until Catman told me it was bad to hate gay people. I've thought this way my entire adult life. I also noticed you didn't answer my question ...  Rolling Eyes 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:47 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Shady wrote:Good evening Ben.

Wow, I'm actually impressed that you had the guts to respond. As far as John Wayne or Michelle Obama saving the world, I defy anyone to translate what you're talking about, but that's not really my point.

I would guess that somehow you're trying to turn my criticism of your homophobia into some chest-thumping pro-'Merica ranting, but I don't think anybody's fooled.

I was pro-human rights long before I knew anything of Catman's existence, so no -- I didn't used to be just like you until Catman told me it was bad to hate gay people. I've thought this way my entire adult life. I also noticed you didn't answer my question ...  Rolling Eyes 

Yes,things are being lost in translation indeed as I haven't a clue what you are on about.........Try speaking English.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:50 pm

I am. Must I remind you of this?

Shady wrote:Good afternoon Folks & happy new year to you all........Here we go....

PEWKAHOLICS OR WHAT!

In my best Yankee accent..'I'm just sooooo happy that that son of a bitch came out.God bless America?'

'God bless that Michelle Obama coz she is the virgin Mary.She is a son of a gun.You know what I'm sayin'?God bless George Bush.

'My mother f---in' ass is on fire coz thoze Obamas is such mother f---in' good people I can hardly contain my mother f---in'self.'

I'm just so glad that you made me so proud that I can sit here with my hands (this is still with an American accent) so sanctimoneously held together like I'm a prayin' to the lord God AlmIghty himself.

GOD IS A LISTENIN' ME YOU HEAR THAT YOU MOTHER F---IN' SON OF A BITCH.YOU KNOW WHAT I'M A SAYIN'?

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:15 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I am. Must I remind you of this?

Shady wrote:Good afternoon Folks & happy new year to you all........Here we go....

PEWKAHOLICS OR WHAT!

I don't believe it.Who wrote all that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:19 pm

Ben go & have a look at my post on the thread ...It's not just the stories that are told ...I do like Americans but at times just like anybody else I take the Micky.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:25 pm

Yea Shady, we know under that pirate's get up you have those lacy knickers, and just admit it, the eyepatch is to cover the make-up you like to wear  Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:29 pm

Sassy wrote:Yea Shady, we know under that pirate's get up you have those lacy knickers, and just admit it, the eyepatch is to cover the make-up you like to wear  Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes 

lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:30 pm

Sassy wrote:Yea Shady, we know under that pirate's get up you have those lacy knickers, and just admit it, the eyepatch is to cover the make-up you like to wear  Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes 

How'd you find out so much stuff about me?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:33 pm

Shady wrote:

Its all that ultra macho stuff Shady, you have to be covering up something  Wink 

Now, be a good boy and give your wife back her suspender belt lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:42 pm

Sassy wrote:
Shady wrote:

Its all that ultra macho stuff Shady, you have to be covering up something  Wink 

...Its all that ultra macho stuff Shady, you have to be covering up something .......You don't know how true that is Sassy.

C ya later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:48 pm

Night night. Chose pink tomorrow, it suits you  Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:49 pm

Shady wrote:
Sassy wrote:

...Its all that ultra macho stuff Shady, you have to be covering up something .......You don't know how true that is Sassy.

C ya later.

PS, oh I do know how true it is lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:53 pm

Don't feed him:
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:56 pm

Lurker wrote:Don't feed him:

Know what you mean, but he is just a poor soul trying to scare people and failing miserably lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:29 am

Sassy wrote:
Lurker wrote:Don't feed him:

Know what you mean, but he is just a poor soul trying to scare people and failing miserably lol

I wish he'd piss off back to Flap, they are far more welcoming of his sort in that shit hole.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:31 am

Phil, don't take him seriously love, just focus on them frilly knickers lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:26 am

Actually, he's quite fun. Just don't take him seriously.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:06 pm

Original Quill wrote:Actually, he's quite fun.  Just don't take him seriously.  

You might find homophobia fun but some of us don't, posting on a number of gay related threads with clear and concise homophobia won't be ignored OK.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:09 pm

Catman wrote:

You might find homophobia fun but some of us don't, posting on a number of gay related threads with clear and concise homophobia won't be ignored OK.

I don't take homophobia lightly, as you well know Phil.  But there are many ways to corner and snuff it.  I suggest the least effective is to get all pissy about his posts.

Besides, he doesn't take himself seriously.  He's just a troll who is trolling.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:23 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Catman wrote:

I don't take homophobia lightly, as you well know Phil.  But there are many ways to corner and snuff it.  I suggest the least effective is to get all pissy about his posts.

Besides, he doesn't take himself seriously.  He's just a troll who is trolling.

Funny how he likes to troll on particular subjects, he masks his prejudices under the guise of trolling, some are just blind to that fact.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:33 pm

You may be right there. What do you think? Insecurity? Compensatory behavior?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:38 pm

Original Quill wrote:You may be right there.  What do you think?  Insecurity?  Compensatory behavior?  

He is prejudiced, couldn't give a stuff what made him that way tbf Quill.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:38 pm

Catman wrote:I'm sure that Ben has his own pair of eyes and can read your drivel for himself you racist and homophobic cunt.

Jesus, do you have to print that kind of language Mr Catman?

Seriously?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:05 pm

Yeah, let's tone that down a bit. Criticizing someone is a world of difference from verbal abuse, and while I've been trying to let most of it slide, I'd prefer if we could criticize the content of someone's message without insulting the poster.

For example, I'd prefer:

I'm sure that Ben has his own pair of eyes and can read your racist and homophobic drivel for himself.

A subtle difference, but definitely preferable :D
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:10 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Yeah, let's tone that down a bit. Criticizing someone is a world of difference from verbal abuse, and while I've been trying to let most of it slide, I'd prefer if we could criticize the content of someone's message without insulting the poster.

For example, I'd prefer:

I'm sure that Ben has his own pair of eyes and can read your racist and homophobic drivel for himself.

A subtle difference, but definitely preferable :D

..I like it that there isn't a fucking swear filter on here though  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:11 pm

Those bloody things remind me of when i was a kid and swearing was a cardinal offense!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:49 pm

My darling Quill I love you Ol Shady the pirate has sent you a.........Personal Message Twisted Evil ......so that we can have.....chit chat about one or two other posters.

Mmmmmmm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:59 pm

Catman wrote:..I like it that there isn't a fucking swear filter on here though  Laughing 

Yes, to quote Mother Teresa, "fuck that shit." :D
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:02 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Catman wrote:..I like it that there isn't a fucking swear filter on here though  Laughing 

Yes, to quote Mother Teresa, "fuck that shit." :D

I would prefer to call a cunt a cunt, when a person is being a cunt and not a velvet clam....That is what certain swear filters do, when you try to post that word!  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:45 am

Ben, cunt is a favored term for Brits. Donno why...American women shreak when you use it. But, for Brits it seems to be ok. Occasionally you will hear Bee, Lovedust and I speak of CC...which is Cunt's Corner, a British chat site. It's an all too common word for British English, even if it bothers American women.

That said, I agree that posts can be depersonified.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:01 am

Original Quill wrote:Ben, cunt is a favored term for Brits.  Donno why...American women shreak when you use it.  But, for Brits it seems to be ok.  Occasionally you will hear Bee, Lovedust and I speak of CC...which is Cunt's Corner, a British chat site.  It's an all too common word for British English, even if it bothers American women.

That said, I agree that posts can be depersonified.

Who cares about swear words!

...It would appear that throughout history the upper classes were always allowed to use swear words...But when the lower classes used them they were whipped etc.  Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next