NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump surrogate suggests candidate getting any closer to black voters would entail 'backdrop with a burning car'

2 posters

Go down

Trump surrogate suggests candidate getting any closer to black voters would entail 'backdrop with a burning car' Empty Trump surrogate suggests candidate getting any closer to black voters would entail 'backdrop with a burning car'

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:52 pm

Donald Trump surrogate former Rep. Jack Kingston (R-GA) had some trouble explaining away his candidate’s latest statements about African Americans while speaking to a Michigan rally.

Trump told a predominantly white rally crowd in a 93 percent white town that black Americans have been decimated by Democrats and he’ll win 95 percent of their vote. Trump is currently polling lowest among African-American voters. The internet quickly erupted with outrage and mockery.

(This is the same Trump who questioned whether the first black president was really American, who regularly communicates amicably with white supremacists on Twitter, and who bought a full-page newspaper ad calling for the execution of five black teens falsely accused of rape.)

Kingston maintained that the campaign’s internal polls show Trump doing better than two percent (among black voters. Some polls have actually shown Trump getting NONE of the black vote).

Keilar jumped in, “I have to stop you because you said he’s going there. He’s not, he’s in Diamondale, which is 93 percent white. When he was in Milwaukee the other day, it was part of Milwaukee that wasn’t dealing — I mean he, it’s almost completely white”

“Well yeah, but Brianna he went,” Kingston began to say over her. “I mean, maybe it would have been nice if he went and had a backdrop with a burning car, but the reality is—”

Keilar cut him off, “No no no no no, I’m not talking about a burning car. I’m talking about meeting with black voters.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/trump-advisor-maybe-backdrop-of-a-burning-car-would-reach-black-voters-better/

This is who Trump has dealing with the media when they ask about his problem with black voters:

Trump surrogate suggests candidate getting any closer to black voters would entail 'backdrop with a burning car' Screen-Shot-2016-08-19-at-8.35.04-PM-800x430

That pretty much says it all.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Trump surrogate suggests candidate getting any closer to black voters would entail 'backdrop with a burning car' Empty Re: Trump surrogate suggests candidate getting any closer to black voters would entail 'backdrop with a burning car'

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:54 pm

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Back to top Go down

Trump surrogate suggests candidate getting any closer to black voters would entail 'backdrop with a burning car' Empty Re: Trump surrogate suggests candidate getting any closer to black voters would entail 'backdrop with a burning car'

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:06 pm

I watched that interview.  Jack Kingston was supposed to be supporting Trump's message, that blacks should support the Republican candidate.

But Kingston, a deep southern Georgian, couldn't stay on script himself, and took to insulting the blacks even while putatively encouraging blacks to vote for Trump.  Apparently, all blacks do is burn cars and collect welfare.

But Trump's message--which I also watched--was hardly more promising.  He painted a picture of blacks living in squalor and misery, leading one to believe that he would fix it (didn't say how...probably by assassination).

The whole ploy is a facile attempt to appeal to the opinions of educated whites.  Trump obviously doesn't care enough about African-Americans to get the 'black plight' right.  Just say anything, cause he's only reaching for the white vote!  And what do they know, they're only educated.

It shows how Repuglicans live their lies so much, that they can't even describe reality.  In the Kingston case, he is only living his jingos and dog whistles.  In the case of Trump, he acts like he is describing something he has heard somewhere, and didn't listen to carefully about.

Either way: Mission failed!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:15 pm

This whole approach is just jaw-droppingly offensive and simultaneously hilarious, in a sort of surreal way.

The best comparison I can make is if I decided to try to get our British users to like me better by promising to fix their notoriously bad teeth, do something about the crumpet shortage, and declare a holiday for John Cleese ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:29 pm

cheers   Sounds a winner!  And, um...can you do sumpin' about haggis and driving on the left?

lol!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:58 pm

Original Quill wrote:cheers   Sounds a winner!  And, um...can you do sumpin' about haggis and driving on the left?

lol!

The Hispanics love me, believe me! What have the Democrats ever done to help them stop napping against adobe walls with their sombreros pulled over their faces?

The Hispanics are going to go for me at least 95 percent, and you watch, it's gonna be beautiful, you're gonna love it. Every Tuesday will be Taco Tuesday. Hispanic law enforcement will no longer need to show no steenkin' badches, and we're gonna bring back the George Lopez Show!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down