NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Republican voters, Trump softening anti-Obamacare stance

5 posters

Go down

Republican voters, Trump softening anti-Obamacare stance Empty Republican voters, Trump softening anti-Obamacare stance

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:31 pm

WASHINGTON
President-elect Donald Trump and his fellow Republicans have repeatedly pledged to repeal President Barack Obama’s signature health care law.

But a new poll suggests Republican voters may be shifting their positions from backing a complete repeal to supporting a scaling back of the law, illustrating the complexity of the task facing Republican lawmakers who have long vowed to dismantle the program.

A tracking poll by the Kaiser Family Foundation found an increase in the share of Americans who want lawmakers simply to scale back the law: 17 percent compared to 9 percent last month, as well as a decrease in the share of voters who want lawmakers to repeal the entire law, 26 percent compared to 32 percent in October.

Kaiser says the shift in attitudes is largely driven by Republicans, with a little more than half or 52 percent saying they want the Affordable Care Act to be repealed, compared to 69 percent who supported full repeal in October. At the same time, Kaiser said, there was an increase in the share of Republicans who want lawmakers to scale back what the law does, from 11 percent to 24 percent.

Trump on the campaign trail pledged to “repeal and replace” the law known as Obamacare, but suggested after a meeting with Obama that he’d consider amending the law. His Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton, said on the campaign trail that she would look to fix the law, rather than scrap it.

The November Kaiser Health Tracking Poll, conducted a week after the election, provides little clarity: in addition to the 26 percent who back repealing the entire law and the 17 percent who it scaled back, 30 percent of the public want to see the law expanded and 19 percent want to see it unchanged.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-world/national/article118159098.html
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Republican voters, Trump softening anti-Obamacare stance Empty Re: Republican voters, Trump softening anti-Obamacare stance

Post by eddie Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:35 pm

See? He might be flaky as fuck but.....?
I keep telling you, he wants to be popular and his ego wants to be remembered as one of the best. He's changeable; he'll do the sensible stuf and the right thing in the end.
That's the good thing about changeable people, they're not stubborn and they will adapt their mindset.
You know I'm not a facts and figures person, but I am good at seeing people, right?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Republican voters, Trump softening anti-Obamacare stance Empty Re: Republican voters, Trump softening anti-Obamacare stance

Post by Original Quill Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:46 pm

What this is saying is what Democrats have always been saying.  Look at it in simple mathematical terms: he says things to get elected; then when elected he changes his stance, proving he's just as establishment as the old Republicans.  But in the wake of his avowals, then denials and reversals, what does he really represent?

What he represents is a temperamentally unsuited freak of nature.  That's precisely what Hillary said, fcs.  Add in what Mitt Romney said: he is "dangerous" and a “phony,” “fraud,” and “con man,” and you pretty much have the complete picture.

There's nothing noble or normalizing about Trump's change of position.  What was abnormal was his saying of the things he said while the election was going on.  We knew Obamacare couldn't be reversed. Now, when Trump admits it, we're supposed to breathe a sigh of relief. To the contrary, the man is erratic, and as Romney said, "dangerous".

Last edited by Original Quill on Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:49 pm

You realise all the bad qualities you listed, fraud, con man etc, that mostly all politicians are like that?
Not saying it's a good thing, it's just that Trump makes it more obvious, which is certainly a better thing.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:55 pm

eddie wrote:You realise all the bad qualities you listed, fraud, con man etc, that mostly all politicians are like that?
Not saying it's a good thing, it's just that Trump makes it more obvious, which is certainly a better thing.

Frankly, it's a betrayal on the one thing that caused people to vote for him.  They thought he was genuine.  They thought he was anti-establishment.  They believed he would bring change.

Now he has three "rubbish" generals on his staff.  He has three Wall Street magnets working for him.  And I heard on TRMS last night that his staff lacks anyone who is not a millionaire or a billionaire.  That should make those rust-belt workers feel better.

But you are trying to fit a round peg into a square hole. While you are being relieved that he doesn't seem as warped as he sounded, you are missing the point: Who speaks that way? Who thinks that way?

You're feeling better because you were deceived, and it turns out the intention wasn't that bad...but he still thought up the things he said, and no telling when that daemon will return.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:07 pm

Yep, I can't argue with any of your post and yes, I am pretty relieved you lot were "decieved" but I kinda knew you had been and I said it the morning after the election, to Ben.
He won't do half of what he said because he will seek "experts" and he all was doing the whole time was being "outspoken" because he assumed (or knew) what people wanted.
Now he's in, I'm betting he will take it all way more seriously.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:30 pm

eddie wrote:Yep, I can't argue with any of your post and yes, I am pretty relieved you lot were "decieved" but I kinda knew you had been and I said it the morning after the election, to Ben.
He won't do half of what he said because he will seek "experts" and he all was doing the whole time was being "outspoken" because he assumed (or knew) what people wanted.
Now he's in, I'm betting he will take it all way more seriously.

But what a sad commentary.  He's now acceptable because he didn't mean what he said?  Fook, you could elect a duck on those qualifications.

I'm reminded of the speech by President Andrew Shepherd in The American President:

The American President wrote: Good morning. [Members of the White House Press Corps begin to rise] It's alright. Please keep your seats. Good morning.

For the last couple of months, Senator Rumson has suggested that being President of this country was, to a certain extent, about character. And although I've not been willing to engage in his attacks on me, I have been here three years and three days, and I can tell you without hesitation: Being President of this country is entirely about character.

For the record, yes, I am a card-carrying member of the ACLU, but the more important question is "Why aren't you, Bob?" Now this is an organization whose sole purpose is to defend the Bill of Rights, so it naturally begs the question, why would a senator, his party's most powerful spokesman and a candidate for President, choose to reject upholding the constitution? Now if you can answer that question, folks, then you're smarter than I am, because I didn't understand it until a few hours ago.

America isn't easy. America is advanced citizenship. You've gotta want it bad, 'cause it's gonna put up a fight. It's gonna say, "You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours." You want to claim this land as the land of the free? Then the symbol of your country cannot just be a flag. The symbol also has to be one of its citizens exercising his right to burn that flag in protest. Now show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms.

Then you can stand up and sing about the land of the free.

I've known Bob Rumson for years. And I've been operating under the assumption that the reason Bob devotes so much time and energy to shouting at the rain was that he simply didn't get it. Well, I was wrong. Bob's problem isn't that he doesn't get it. Bob's problem is that he can't sell it!

We have serious problems to solve, and we need serious people to solve them. And whatever your particular problem is, I promise you Bob Rumson is not the least bit interested in solving it. He is interested in two things, and two things only: making you afraid of it, and telling you who's to blame for it. That, ladies and gentlemen, is how you win elections. You gather a group of middle age, middle class, middle income voters who remember with longing an easier time, and you talk to them about family, and American values and character, and you wave an old photo of the President's girlfriend and you scream about patriotism. You tell them she's to blame for their lot in life.

And what did we just see?  No programs.  No policies.  An incredibly bad show.  And now...nothing.  For Senator Rumson, substitute the name Donald Trump.  He's not interested in you or your problems.  He's interested in himself, and himself only.  He's gone and sold you on the old days ("Make America Great Again") and told you that Lyin' Hillary and the Muslim President are responsible for taking it all away.

Then he brings in the same old crap, old school politicos, millionaires and billionaires in office, "rubbish" generals in charge, and we are left with a bunch of dufus redneck voters milling about, who will take about four years before they figure out....Hey, we got fucked!!

Gotcha again...

Republican voters, Trump softening anti-Obamacare stance Football-6

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:27 pm

Of course he'll have to soften his stance on all those wild promises he made to the gullible masses. Most of them are not feasible. Mexico will pay for a wall?? Don't be ridiculous, Donald!!

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:26 am

Jules wrote:Of course he'll have to soften his stance on all those wild promises he made to the gullible masses. Most of them are not feasible. Mexico will pay for a wall?? Don't be ridiculous, Donald!!

But, that makes him JUST ANOTHER LIAR, innit?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:00 am

Republican voters, Trump softening anti-Obamacare stance 3893789544

THE DUMPSTER is proving to be the perfect chameleon...

Morphing into yet another opportunist politician..
Changing his stance to suit which way the winds blow.         Republican voters, Trump softening anti-Obamacare stance 3758365944
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:57 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Republican voters, Trump softening anti-Obamacare stance 3893789544

THE DUMPSTER is proving to be the perfect chameleon...

Morphing into yet another opportunist politician..
Changing his stance to suit which way the winds blow.         Republican voters, Trump softening anti-Obamacare stance 3758365944

But the point is, he was elected by a group of people that is very angry about politicians doing that. Now, I'm not saying I agree with them, but I can empathize with them.

We're talking about people who created the Tea Party movement because whether they could articulate it or not, a black man was not supposed to be president of the America they thought they knew. They saw this happen and they were resolved to support politicians who would fight him at every turn.

But even though they did, Obamacare still happened, and Obama still won in 2012 by a hefty margin. Anybody who thinks that the 2014 midterms were a final repudiation of Obama should look at Obama's current approval rating (55 percent).

By now, Obama Derangement Syndrome is in overdrive. I have a Trump-supporting neighbor who thinks that Obama exempted Muslims from Obamcare and actually said, "The nicest thing I can say about Obama is that he's a piece of shit." (And not very calmly, either.)

They elected Trump to take a bulldozer to everything Obama created. As Trump, not even a month after the election, continues to betray this implicit promise, you're seeing more and more Trump supporters feeling betrayed.

In fact, I just searched Twitter for #brokenpromises and the result stunned me enough that I took a screen capture:

Republican voters, Trump softening anti-Obamacare stance Brokenpromises_zpso1brasbu

It's only going to get worse, and we really should worry about what these people are going to do next. Like Nate from Virginia, for example:

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:32 am

Well now you can understand how angry Brexit supporters are: they feel lied to and cheated out of their decision.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:08 am

Suspect

THOSE forlorn and gullible, confused and abused Trumpettes may well be increasingly telling themselves that they have all the anger and all of their guns...

Who has the military, police, communications and transport networks, control over power and water, hospitals and ambulance services, and support from most of the financial and techno' instutions..
Why, only the government, of course  !            Republican voters, Trump softening anti-Obamacare stance 2347854014
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:59 pm

eddie wrote:Well now you can understand how angry Brexit supporters are: they feel lied to and cheated out of their decision.

They were.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down