NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After reading a old tread that was locked I have to say that god....

+6
Syl
HoratioTarr
eddie
Raggamuffin
Ben Reilly
blackie333
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

After reading a old tread that was locked I have to say that god.... - Page 2 Empty Re: After reading a old tread that was locked I have to say that god....

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:53 pm

perhaps you would all best start by defining what you mean by a "soul" After reading a old tread that was locked I have to say that god.... - Page 2 2190311264

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

After reading a old tread that was locked I have to say that god.... - Page 2 Empty Re: After reading a old tread that was locked I have to say that god....

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:54 pm

Lord Foul wrote:perhaps you would all best start by defining what you mean by a "soul"  After reading a old tread that was locked I have to say that god.... - Page 2 2190311264

Good point

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:28 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:I'm not talking religion and perhaps 'soul' is the wrong word.  

I'm saying that Ben has switched off a receptor and it still flickers but he doesn't trust it.

You remind me of a lyric that occurred to me early today, actually -- great wisdom from, of course, a country song:

"Be careful of something that's just what you want it to be." -- Waylon Jennings

I have mixed feelings about that lyric. I need to listen to the song.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:31 pm

"I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane"

Love it.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:32 pm

eddie wrote:"I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane"

Love it.

Contradiction

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:34 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:"I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane"

Love it.

Contradiction

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of Tommy Monks." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:35 pm

Yes Didge. Just like the love song "I'm not in love" by 10cc.

Which is why, lyrically, it's a great love song.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:36 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Didge wrote:

Contradiction

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of Tommy Monks." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Really, because you quote someone else that fails to understand when something contradicts?

Again it may sound good, but fails to show any sense or meaning

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:39 pm

Lol
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:40 pm

does it HAVE to...make sense I mean?? Its a "song" (i suppose)
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:40 pm

So Ben, why did you think of that particular lyric by Waylon Jennings?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:40 pm

eddie wrote:Lol

Happy to get into Philosophy if you like Eddie, where you know you will be left flapping.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:41 pm

Lord Foul wrote:does it HAVE to...make sense I mean??  Its a "song" (i suppose)

"The sink is full of fishes and she's got dirty dishes on the brain / And my dog's been itchin', itchin' in the kitchen once again." - Oasis
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:47 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:does it HAVE to...make sense I mean??  Its a "song" (i suppose)

"The sink is full of fishes and she's got dirty dishes on the brain / And my dog's been itchin', itchin' in the kitchen once again." - Oasis

This is the end, my only friend the end.

They are just lyrics

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:49 pm

That's my favourite Oasis song.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:51 pm

You want me
And I can't deny , I'm a man
But I go no eyes for a tight pair of shoes
When my bare feet'll do
You need me
Hey, heh, heh
The wind is where I got my roots
Na na na na na na na na na

- Neil Diamond
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:28 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:Ben you turned your back in religion and in doing so, shut yourself off to anything that wasn't considered concrete to you, thereby losing your soul.
You have lost your soul, you know.

You are missing out on so much.

No, I still feel things just as deeply and richly as I ever did. I still enjoy things that are inspiring, touching, creepy Smile ...

I just no longer believe they're caused by something supernatural. Knowing that God didn't "create" a West Texas sunset doesn't make it any less beautiful; knowing ghosts aren't real doesn't make ghost stories any less enjoyable. I
And what you stated is very true, Ben; but there is a 'higher plane' and it's not only the 'Twilight Zone' - 'Tin Foil Hat' - 'Tooty-Fruity' people that acknowledge it! 

It's got nothing to do with the BIBLE - Nothing to do with formalized religion of any kind - it's just something that we have - all of us and as we grow and our childhood's life lesson encroach into those areas/recesses of our minds ...some of us just allow those places to become forgotten spots - others learn how to tweak & enhance the opportunities that those regions offer - those deepest receptors have yet to be traced on any brain wave scans. 
Oh, the technology is coming close and the studies are finally looking at how & what sections develop first with our cranium but there's still so much uncharted space - the unknown. 
And to scoff at that and suggest that because some - 'SOME' dude has written - video taped his message ...don't make me laugh; that's as solid as clinical psychologist to trying to us Dr. Freud's methods in the 21st century with the LSD as a kicker.  The application just doesn't compute!
We use common words like 'Soul/Spirit' because that's what people are accustomed to; but our brain matter/deeply seated DNA is linked in with genetically the same type of triggers that enable migrant types of fouls/animals to 'just know' certain things  After reading a old tread that was locked I have to say that god.... - Page 2 2190311264    Odd how we accept such 'uncommon' behavior in those migrating species but look askance at any human that would suggest that we might have a range of feeling and sensations that go beyond our 5 senses. 
Sure mock me if you chose too; I'm just putting it out there as it's plausible - it happens - it's beyond your depth of understanding until it happens to you but it's so beyond the basic emotions that you've ever had before! 
Ya, euphoric - is feels great.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:21 am

4EVER2 wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:Ben you turned your back in religion and in doing so, shut yourself off to anything that wasn't considered concrete to you, thereby losing your soul.

No, I still feel things just as deeply and richly as I ever did. I still enjoy things that are inspiring, touching, creepy Smile ...

I just no longer believe they're caused by something supernatural. Knowing that God didn't "create" a West Texas sunset doesn't make it any less beautiful; knowing ghosts aren't real doesn't make ghost stories any less enjoyable. I
And what you stated is very true, Ben; but there is a 'higher plane' and it's not only the 'Twilight Zone' - 'Tin Foil Hat' - 'Tooty-Fruity' people that acknowledge it! 

It's got nothing to do with the BIBLE - Nothing to do with formalized religion of any kind - it's just something that we have - all of us and as we grow and our childhood's life lesson encroach into those areas/recesses of our minds ...some of us just allow those places to become forgotten spots - others learn how to tweak & enhance the opportunities that those regions offer - those deepest receptors have yet to be traced on any brain wave scans. 
Oh, the technology is coming close and the studies are finally looking at how & what sections develop first with our cranium but there's still so much uncharted space - the unknown. 
And to scoff at that and suggest that because some - 'SOME' dude has written - video taped his message ...don't make me laugh; that's as solid as clinical psychologist to trying to us Dr. Freud's methods in the 21st century with the LSD as a kicker.  The application just doesn't compute!
We use common words like 'Soul/Spirit' because that's what people are accustomed to; but our brain matter/deeply seated DNA is linked in with genetically the same type of triggers that enable migrant types of fouls/animals to 'just know' certain things  After reading a old tread that was locked I have to say that god.... - Page 2 2190311264    Odd how we accept such 'uncommon' behavior in those migrating species but look askance at any human that would suggest that we might have a range of feeling and sensations that go beyond our 5 senses. 
Sure mock me if you chose too; I'm just putting it out there as it's plausible - it happens - it's beyond your depth of understanding until it happens to you but it's so beyond the basic emotions that you've ever had before! 

I know it does, I've felt it myself. Our brains are full of marvelous chemicals that can make us feel all sorts of things.

But that's the explanation, there's nothing mystic about it. If there is anything to mysticism, science will eventually figure it out geek
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:16 am

See, therein lies the difference. You've totally ruled out anything other than it being a "brain thing"

Never rule anything out Benji.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:42 pm

eddie wrote:See, therein lies the difference. You've totally ruled out anything other than it being a "brain thing"

If you never rule anything out, you never get closer to the truth sunny
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:23 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:See, therein lies the difference. You've totally ruled out anything other than it being a "brain thing"

If you never rule anything out, you never get closer to the truth sunny
True, so opening ones mind to the 'POSSIBILITY &/OR EXPERIENCE' that there are forms of energy not visible to the human eyes - man made machines to capture that energy ...is just another opportunity to 'NOT RULE OUT ALL OF THOSE POSSIBILITIES' and not ridicule those that know the energy exists and have seen it and felt it and it wasn't sent by 'GOD' or any of his pseudo messengers! After reading a old tread that was locked I have to say that god.... - Page 2 Meditate-smiley-emoticon

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:23 pm

As one or two of you have said, our brains may be capable of things beyond our current knowledge. I now believe there is one part I don't know what to call, whereby weird coincidences happen, as we with me. I'll explain: When I was a young man I went to work in London, never been there before. I met a girl and went out with her few times then one day she said to 'come home and meet mum.' Which I did, and when I spoke to her she immediately said where I came from, recognising my accent. When I told where my mother came from she went and fetched a photo album and showed me a school photo of herself and my mother! It was a small village school yet they both lived there. Of all the millions of people in London that coincidence happened.

Another one: My sister lived in Perth, W.Australia, for while, and whilst there her neighbour/friend said come round to meet some relatives from the Uk, come over for a holiday. When they said where they lived in the UK my sister told them that's where I lived. She told the man my name and lo and behold he knew me and used to work with me.
--------------------------
I'll it there but will repeat what I said above, that there must be a part of the brain that guides us to something/someone familiar.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:36 pm

Wow what a great couple of stories. I'm not sure about the "brain guiding us".
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:55 pm

stardesk wrote:As one or two of you have said, our brains may be capable of things beyond our current knowledge. I now believe there is one part I don't know what to call, whereby weird coincidences happen, as we with me. I'll explain: When I was a young man I went to work in London, never been there before. I met a girl and went out with her few times then one day she said to 'come home and meet mum.' Which I did, and when I spoke to her she immediately said where I came from, recognising my accent. When I told where my mother came from she went and fetched a photo album and showed me a school photo of herself and my mother! It was a small village school yet they both lived there. Of all the millions of people in London that coincidence happened.

Another one: My sister lived in Perth, W.Australia, for while, and whilst there her neighbour/friend said come round to meet some relatives from the Uk, come over for a holiday. When they said where they lived in the UK my sister told them that's where I lived. She told the man my name and lo and behold he knew me and used to work with me.
--------------------------
I'll it there but will repeat what I said above, that there must be a part of the brain that guides us to something/someone familiar.

Great stories. I have one.

Some years ago, I attended a jumble sale (this was before car boot sales) and browsing through some old books, I picked up a copy of Rudyard Kipling's Just So Stories. I'd had a copy as a kid and coming over all nostalgic, I bought it. When I got home, I flicked through it, and there on the flysheet at the front was written For **** on your 6th birthday, love mama.

It was my mother's handwriting.

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:57 pm

Oh how absolutely lovely Horatio!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:17 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

I know it does, I've felt it myself. Our brains are full of marvelous chemicals that can make us feel all sorts of things.

But that's the explanation, there's nothing mystic about it. If there is anything to mysticism, science will eventually figure it out geek

But if the Mysiticism is Peyote and scinece knows it works doesn't that therefore mean that mysticsm in correct.
the peyote god does grant visions. Cool Cool Cool
just cause we work out how the magic is done, does that make it no longer magic? confused
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:41 am

Veya asked > But if the Mysiticism is Peyote and scinece knows it works doesn't that therefore mean that mysticsm in correct.
the peyote god does grant visions. After reading a old tread that was locked I have to say that god.... - Page 2 Icon_cool After reading a old tread that was locked I have to say that god.... - Page 2 Icon_cool After reading a old tread that was locked I have to say that god.... - Page 2 Icon_cool
just cause we work out how the magic is done, does that make it no longer magic? After reading a old tread that was locked I have to say that god.... - Page 2 Confused
Hmmm, not that I'm a certified expert on Peyote or anything else that is able to provide 'some' humans a vision state - but if those enhancement{s} ie {peyote/magic mushrooms/Columbia gold marijuana/etc., etc.,} were the guarantee achievement for VISIONS - then wouldn't anyone/everyone be able to obtain the 'vision state' and oddly they do not! After reading a old tread that was locked I have to say that god.... - Page 2 2190311264

So science knows that 'some' humans obtain a 'vision state' from using those enhancements ...but there's no proof that ALL that have been tested obtain a vision. No

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:02 am

4EVER2 wrote:
Veya asked > But if the Mysiticism is Peyote and scinece knows it works doesn't that therefore mean that mysticsm in correct.
the peyote god does grant visions. After reading a old tread that was locked I have to say that god.... - Page 2 Icon_cool After reading a old tread that was locked I have to say that god.... - Page 2 Icon_cool After reading a old tread that was locked I have to say that god.... - Page 2 Icon_cool
just cause we work out how the magic is done, does that make it no longer magic? After reading a old tread that was locked I have to say that god.... - Page 2 Confused
Hmmm, not that I'm a certified expert on Peyote or anything else that is able to provide 'some' humans a vision state - but if those enhancement{s} ie {peyote/magic mushrooms/Columbia gold marijuana/etc., etc.,} were the guarantee achievement for VISIONS - then wouldn't anyone/everyone be able to obtain the 'vision state' and oddly they do not! After reading a old tread that was locked I have to say that god.... - Page 2 2190311264

So science knows that 'some' humans obtain a 'vision state' from using those enhancements ...but there's no proof that ALL that have been tested obtain a vision. No

consume enough Dimethyltryptamine(active ingredient in Peyote) and you will achieve a vision state.

not some, all humans are affected by Dimethyltryptamine, the variation is the threshold at which they start hallucinating
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:39 am

veya_victaous wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:

consume enough Dimethyltryptamine(active ingredient in Peyote) and you will achieve a vision state.

not some, all humans are affected by Dimethyltryptamine, the variation is the threshold at which they start hallucinating
But that's my POINT, Veya ...there are people that don't need those additives to achieve that supplemental hocus-pocus - there are humans that have access to those area's within the brain that are open and receptive to the 'VIBES' that our ancestors feed to the universe. 
Doesn't make us/me nuts - doesn't mean I'm stoned to achieve or have had those incidents - I have zero control over when/what/who/how they arrive into my daily schedule. 
Believe me ...they can be pretty dam annoying and they do not care what they interrupt when they want to CHAT!   No

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:58 am

those people think they do Until they try Dimethyltryptamine or other Hallucination inducing chemicals. then they realise they were not reaching the threshold.

when you can see sounds and getting swooped by a moth larger then a jumbo jet you can appreciate how flimsy that which we hold to be reality is.
To See, hear and touch something doesn't make it anymore than a personal perception in a moment. the human brain is too susceptible to outside influence.

the universe is just a chemical soup, and you are just part of that soup.

there is 'sort of feeling things' and then there is head first down the rabbit hole. I can assure you that at higher levels of Hallucination the human is non-functional such states are barely reached with extreme dehydration and other methods, no one could survive if that was their consistent mental state.

It's all brain Chemistry BUT what it really raises is IF so little can have such a great effect on perception how can be sure of any of our other perceptions.

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:09 am

veya_victaous wrote:those people think they do Until they try Dimethyltryptamine or other Hallucination inducing chemicals. then they realise they were not reaching the threshold.

when you can see sounds and getting swooped by a moth larger then a jumbo jet you can appreciate how flimsy that which we hold to be reality is.
To See, hear and touch something doesn't make it anymore than a personal perception in a moment. the human brain is too susceptible to outside influence.

there is 'sort of feeling things' and then there is head first down the rabbit hole. I can assure you that at higher levels of Hallucination the human is non-functional such states are barely reached with extreme dehydration and other methods, no one could survive if that was their consistent mental state.

It's all brain Chemistry BUT what it really raises is IF so little can have such a great effect on perception how can be sure of any of our other perceptions.
Ahhhh ...but there in lies the absurdity; for those of us that have experienced such events sans any additive - man made or mother nature induced - no neurological/no head trauma injury - no physical impediment whatsoever - no over dose from any external stimulus oral/rectal/injected ...the experience and the clarity of the memory of those experiences are firmly and forever embedded in my every fiber!
No one has ever been able to brow beat me out of them - hypnotize my mind to alter what occurred - shame me into doubting my many incidents as seizures or some little green Martin occupation/mind warp!  I've been living with these freaking episodes far too long - they've interupted my life and the more I denied their existence the more annoying / aggressive they became.
So I just started reading about receptive people like me/us and found out that I am not alone ...and I learned to live in harmony with the life energy that surrounds us and when they have something important that they need to chat about - they'll nudge me and keep nudging me until I stop and give them my undivided attention After reading a old tread that was locked I have to say that god.... - Page 2 2385359624
In my opinion, it's rather, like the people that can't grasp the concept of people subjecting themselves to public ridicule for being GLTB ...I wouldn't wish this on people for the shear harassment and the mean spirited name calling that weak minded people fall back on - I've been called them all and none of those ugly words changed the incidents - nope, just gave me a finer sense of fake/ insincere people After reading a old tread that was locked I have to say that god.... - Page 2 701223944

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:00 am

I'm pretty much with 4ever in this.

Some people are able to achieve a higher plane of thinking and being without an additives.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:13 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:those people think they do Until they try Dimethyltryptamine or other Hallucination inducing chemicals. then they realise they were not reaching the threshold.

Ahhhh ...but there in lies the absurdity; for those of us that have experienced such events sans any additive - man made or mother nature induced - no neurological/no head trauma injury - no physical impediment whatsoever - no over dose from any external stimulus oral/rectal/injected ...the experience and the clarity of the memory of those experiences are firmly and forever embedded in my every fiber!
No one has ever been able to brow beat me out of them - hypnotize my mind to alter what occurred - shame me into doubting my many incidents as seizures or some little green Martin occupation/mind warp!  I've been living with these freaking episodes far too long - they've interupted my life and the more I denied their existence the more annoying / aggressive they became.
So I just started reading about receptive people like me/us and found out that I am not alone ...and I learned to live in harmony with the life energy that surrounds us and when they have something important that they need to chat about - they'll nudge me and keep nudging me until I stop and give them my undivided attention After reading a old tread that was locked I have to say that god.... - Page 2 2385359624
In my opinion, it's rather, like the people that can't grasp the concept of people subjecting themselves to public ridicule for being GLTB ...I wouldn't wish this on people for the shear harassment and the mean spirited name calling that weak minded people fall back on - I've been called them all and none of those ugly words changed the incidents - nope, just gave me a finer sense of fake/ insincere people After reading a old tread that was locked I have to say that god.... - Page 2 701223944

When one is open to these things, one must run the gauntlet of ridicule. Sadly, there are always people who dismiss what others personally experience just because they're incapable of experiencing it themselves.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:14 pm

eddie wrote:I'm pretty much with 4ever in this.

Some people are able to achieve a higher plane of thinking and being without an additives.

Agreed. Meditation. It's the only 'mind opener' you need. Razz
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:50 pm

I don't think I could sit still and concentrate for long enough to meditate. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:04 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I don't think I could sit still and concentrate for long enough to meditate. Laughing

It's addictive
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:06 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I don't think I could sit still and concentrate for long enough to meditate. Laughing

It's addictive

That doesn't sound very healthy.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:16 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

It's addictive

That doesn't sound very healthy.

Alterations in Brain and Immune Function Produced by Mindfulness Meditation
Davidson, Richard J. PhD; Kabat‐Zinn, Jon PhD; Schumacher, Jessica MS; Rosenkranz, Melissa BA; Muller, Daniel MD, PhD; Santorelli, Saki F. EdD; Urbanowski, Ferris MA; Harrington, Anne PhD; Bonus, Katherine MA; Sheridan, John F. PhD

Collapse BoxAbstract
Objective:: The underlying changes in biological processes that are associated with reported changes in mental and physical health in response to meditation have not been systematically explored. We performed a randomized, controlled study on the effects on brain and immune function of a well‐known and widely used 8‐week clinical training program in mindfulness meditation applied in a work environment with healthy employees.

Methods:: We measured brain electrical activity before and immediately after, and then 4 months after an 8‐week training program in mindfulness meditation. Twenty‐five subjects were tested in the meditation group. A wait‐list control group (N = 16) was tested at the same points in time as the meditators. At the end of the 8‐week period, subjects in both groups were vaccinated with influenza vaccine.

Results:: We report for the first time significant increases in left‐sided anterior activation, a pattern previously associated with positive affect, in the meditators compared with the nonmeditators. We also found significant increases in antibody titers to influenza vaccine among subjects in the meditation compared with those in the wait‐list control group. Finally, the magnitude of increase in left‐sided activation predicted the magnitude of antibody titer rise to the vaccine.

Conclusions:: These findings demonstrate that a short program in mindfulness meditation produces demonstrable effects on brain and immune function. These findings suggest that meditation may change brain and immune function in positive ways and underscore the need for additional research.

http://journals.lww.com/psychosomaticmedicine/Abstract/2003/07000/Alterations_in_Brain_and_Immune_Function_Produced.14.aspx
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:27 pm

Electromagnetic dental implants are now found to increase healing and promote bone growth by up to 40 to 70 percent. This is nothing new to Reiki practitioners who know not to start healing on a bone before it's set. Reiki taps into the electromagnetic field in the human body and the Universal energy that surrounds us all in much the same way as these implants...though of course in a way that nobody can fully understand, therefore it's poo poo'd by many. Animals respond to Reiki beautifully and you can't use a placebo on them.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:36 pm

Yoga is brilliant and rather like meditating.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:02 pm

eddie wrote:Yoga is brilliant and rather like meditating.

It is.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:05 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
eddie wrote:Yoga is brilliant and rather like meditating.

It is.

Very good for muscle tone too.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:08 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:

When one is open to these things, one must run the gauntlet of ridicule.  Sadly, there are always people who dismiss what others personally experience just because they're incapable of experiencing it themselves.

that is where you are mistaken.... I never said i couldn't

I said that, It is just dipping your toe in the pool, you want to jump in the deep end you need the chemicals the earth mother provided in the sacred plants. any elder will tell you that.
as will the Druids the redcaps concoctions was the MOST sacred and the aboriginals it is a 'spirit tea' made from wattle sap that contains Dimethyltryptamine the same Chemical in Peyote the Native Americans Spirit Plant

After reading a old tread that was locked I have to say that god.... - Page 2 PQiDvrj

P.S. Plants are clearly the premier Spiritual life on this Planet After reading a old tread that was locked I have to say that god.... - Page 2 2187004795
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:13 am

4ever is not wiser than her ancestors Cool Cool Cool Cool

the art of spirit teas was once world wide from Ireland to Australia, Alaska to the Andes.
All good Shamans knew them and used them.

It is Abrahamism that seeks to destory the knowledge of them since....
God is not so impressive when he is merely the vision provided by the 'burning bush'. After reading a old tread that was locked I have to say that god.... - Page 2 1942856362

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:14 am

veya_victaous wrote:

4ever is not wiser than her ancestors Cool Cool Cool Cool

the art of spirit teas was once world wide from Ireland to Australia, Alaska to the Andes.
All good Shamans knew them and used them.

It is Abrahamism that seeks to destory the knowledge of them since....
God is not so impressive when he is merely the vision provided by the 'burning bush'.  After reading a old tread that was locked I have to say that god.... - Page 2 1942856362
Perhaps - Veya shouldn't attribute meaning to my posts that clearly wasn't either implied or stated ...never would I - nor have I written - that I'm wiser than 'MY ANCESTORS'  - you don't know what you don't know After reading a old tread that was locked I have to say that god.... - Page 2 919144451

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2