NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noel Edmonds suggests negative attitude could cause cancer.

5 posters

Go down

Noel Edmonds suggests negative attitude could cause cancer. Empty Noel Edmonds suggests negative attitude could cause cancer.

Post by Syl Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:26 pm

Another 'celebrity' feels free to kick a man when he is down.
I have no idea whether negative energy can aggravate cancer recovery, but I doubt it can cause the illness to develop in the first place....Edmonds has no doubts though. Rolling Eyes

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/noel-edmonds-cancer-comments-sparked-8135409
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Noel Edmonds suggests negative attitude could cause cancer. Empty Re: Noel Edmonds suggests negative attitude could cause cancer.

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:38 pm

Syl wrote:Another 'celebrity' feels free to kick a man when he is down.
I have no idea whether negative energy can aggravate cancer recovery, but I doubt it can cause the illness to develop in the first place....Edmonds has no doubts though.  Rolling Eyes

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/noel-edmonds-cancer-comments-sparked-8135409

That's a tough one. Some people are incredibly upbeat and positive in the face of cancer, and others are not. But...what's the issue? Is he saying that being negative is causing the illness, or stopping the person from recovering?

I do believe that negative energy and stress can cause the body to become very ill. I've seen it happen close up and personal.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Noel Edmonds suggests negative attitude could cause cancer. Empty Re: Noel Edmonds suggests negative attitude could cause cancer.

Post by eddie Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:16 pm

Stress, resentment and negativity does indeed cause the body to suffer ailments.
Does is cause cancer? Who knows? Maybe.

Nobody really knows why certain things happen within a body.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:47 pm

eddie wrote:Stress, resentment and negativity does indeed cause the body to suffer ailments.
Does is cause cancer? Who knows? Maybe.

Nobody really knows why certain things happen within a body.

Well that's it exactly....nobody really knows. They don't 'really' know what causes migraines. It's easy to poo poo alternative or holistic approaches to health and wellbeing, but who knows if a lot of it doesn't have something going for it. For example, Bergamot essential oil is excellent for cystitis. A few drops in the bath can literally nip a urinary infection in the bud. I know, because I've tried it, and it works nearly every time. I've used Lavender essential oil on burns or wounds and they've healed twice as fast. Both are antibacterial and promote healing. I use Lemon essential oil in my home as a cleaning aid. I use it on floors, work tops, even down my toilet. It kills almost 100 percent of germs and is anti-fungal. Plus it smells amazing.

I think it's really important for holistic wellbeing to run alongside conventional medicine as part of the treatment for many diseases. I worked for a spell at The Christie, the famous cancer hospital, in their holistic unit. I've seen first hand how beneficial their treatments are on both patients and carers. I think there should be holistic units in all hospitals and clinics and hospices.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:48 pm

Hippocrates said: "It is more important to understand what sort of person has a disease, than what sort of disease a person has."
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:29 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:Hippocrates said: "It is more important to understand what sort of person has a disease, than what sort of disease a person has."

Absolutely! Each body is different entirely
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:37 pm

eddie wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:Hippocrates said: "It is more important to understand what sort of person has a disease, than what sort of disease a person has."

Absolutely! Each body is different entirely

All the more reason not to try to treat everybody in the same way. Sadly, I think many doctors do that.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:46 pm

My best friend died of breast cancer and many secondaries three years ago.   She was before, during and up to the end, the most upbeat person I have ever met.   She used to say, you can't fight cancer anymore than you can fight a broken leg.  You live each day as well and happy as you can and hope the medication and surgery works.  If it does, you got lucky, if it doesn't, it's got nothing to do with you losing a fight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:01 pm

There might be someone in it. The immune system does keep a lot of potential cancer cells at bay, and negativity might lower the ability of the immune system to do that I guess.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:55 pm

sassy wrote:My best friend died of breast cancer and many secondaries three years ago.   She was before, during and up to the end, the most upbeat person I have ever met.   She used to say, you can't fight cancer anymore than you can fight a broken leg.  You live each day as well and happy as you can and hope the medication and surgery works.  If it does, you got lucky, if it doesn't, it's got nothing to do with you losing a fight.

I think I agree with your friend Sassy.
To imply that someone has cancer because they are not 'upbeat' enough is implying that people bring cancer onto themselves mentally, which is insulting and damaging for everyone who is unlucky enough to have it.

No doubt lifestyle can cause cancer....I very much doubt mental attitude can.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:58 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:There might be someone in it. The immune system does keep a lot of potential cancer cells at bay, and negativity might lower the ability of the immune system to do that I guess.

There could be some truth in that. I lost my mum to breast cancer, secondary lung. She was a very stressy person, highly strung, and very negative at times due to her depression. I honestly believe the stress got her in the end, weakened her immune system and brought on the cancer. Nobody else in our family has ever died from it. She was the first. But each case is different.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:03 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:There might be someone in it. The immune system does keep a lot of potential cancer cells at bay, and negativity might lower the ability of the immune system to do that I guess.

There could be some truth in that.   I lost my mum to breast cancer, secondary lung.   She was a very stressy person, highly strung, and very negative at times due to her depression.   I honestly believe the stress got her in the end, weakened her immune system and brought on the cancer.    Nobody else in our family has ever died from it.   She was the first.   But each case is different.

My mum was the worlds biggest worrier, she had reason to be because of a tragedy early on in her life, but the stress and worry never left her.
She lived to be 93 and up till the last 3 years she was as physically fit as a fiddle.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:07 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

There could be some truth in that.   I lost my mum to breast cancer, secondary lung.   She was a very stressy person, highly strung, and very negative at times due to her depression.   I honestly believe the stress got her in the end, weakened her immune system and brought on the cancer.    Nobody else in our family has ever died from it.   She was the first.   But each case is different.

My mum was the worlds biggest worrier, she had reason to be because of a tragedy early on in her life, but the stress and worry never left her.
She lived to be 93 and up till the last 3 years she was as physically fit as a fiddle.

My mum had terrible panic attacks, was addicted to Ativan for years... in fact she was on tranquillisers for most of her life, since the age of 18 we discovered after she'd died. That really saddened me.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:10 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

My mum had terrible panic attacks, was addicted to Ativan for years... in fact she was on tranquillisers for most of her life, since the age of 18 we discovered after she'd died.  That really saddened me.    

That's sad HT.
Years ago tranquillisers were given out like sweets, I know a few people (all women) who were addicted to them throughout their lives. I think many times they did a lot more harm than good.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:14 pm

ref the o/p...Noel edmonds, like most celebs, is a know nowt "dick"
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:31 pm

He is...but know nowt dicks get their words into the press, and no doubt countless cancer sufferers now feel a lot worse about themselves after hearing his inane dribble than they did before.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down