NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noel Gallagher: 'Even people on benefits have got iPhones'

3 posters

Go down

Noel Gallagher: 'Even people on benefits have got iPhones' Empty Noel Gallagher: 'Even people on benefits have got iPhones'

Post by Guest Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:47 pm

Noel Gallagher: 'Even people on benefits have got iPhones' Noel-Gallagher-large

Noel Gallagher has attacked the benefits system in this country, laughing at the idea that those who claim jobseekers' allowance can also afford to buy "iPads and flat-screen tellies and all that s--t".

In an interview with Esquire magazine, the former Oasis guitarist said: "Nowadays even people who are on benefits have got iPhone 6s and f---ing iPads and flat-screen tellies and all that shit. And these are the people on the breadline? What the fuck, man? We didn’t have anything to do so we had to invent it.

"I wouldn’t say dole culture in the Eighties was cool, but all my mates were on it and all my mates’ dads were, too. And out of that dole-culture in the Eighties came what became known as Britpop.

"It’s a good job I didn’t have a mobile phone when I was on the dole at 17. I wouldn’t be sat here today, I f---ing assure you of that. I’d have spent all day watching The Beatles on YouTube, getting stoned, thinking, 'This is the greatest thing of all time.'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/news/noel-gallagher-esquire-interview-best-quotes/

Back to top Go down

Noel Gallagher: 'Even people on benefits have got iPhones' Empty Re: Noel Gallagher: 'Even people on benefits have got iPhones'

Post by Irn Bru Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:59 pm

People who exist on JSA alone can't buy iphones and contracts. It's articles like this that demonize people who truly are struggling as benefit scroungers. Typical Torygraph and shemful from Gallagher. Poor article.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Noel Gallagher: 'Even people on benefits have got iPhones' Empty Re: Noel Gallagher: 'Even people on benefits have got iPhones'

Post by Guest Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:01 pm

What's the matter, Noel Gallagher not wanting to pay taxes.  Nasty piece of work he is.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:57 am

Are you kidding me? He's right!!!!

EVERYONE HAS IPHONES AND IPADS ETC!!!
Even the teens of people on the dole

What world are you two living in?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:01 am

So they couldn't be given them as presents?  And the government makes you do everything on line now, so they'd be in a right pickle without them.  I have an I phone, Nokia 6something, costs me £10 a month including VAT with all the minutes, texts, photos, internet etc I need.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:12 am

Well,that's how they afford them - monthly contracts.
And I don't know anyone, who's on benefits, who doesn't have a huge flat screen - again, monthly payments.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:13 am

I understand what Noel is saying. Life is so cushy now that some people (emphasis on some) on the dole won't feel the need to actually do anything. I know people like this, including one guy a year older than me who has worked once in his life for little over a week. He has his own place, is up to date with his favourite videos games has a nice phone etc and a social life. He has never really worked. And from his perspective, why does he need to?

Of course not all on benefits are like that, not even most. But I see why Noel think that way. And sadly a very real 'underclass' (much as I hate the term) exists in our country that will go nowhere, and god forbid they have kids- who will probably get stuck in that same circle.

It is a dangerous article though, as it endangers those truly in need by providing governments reason to storm in with ham fisted policies that hurt those we want to help. At the same time, nonsense like the guy I describe above do need to be sorted out. That shouldn't be allowed.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:18 am

Well said les
That's it.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:23 am

Noel Gallagher was talking specifically about kids on JSA. If that their soul income then they can't afford Iphones and contracts.

Typical Torygraph nonesense that demonises kids that are really struggling.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:25 am

Kids in JSA are living at home Irn, with parents that spoll them and give them everything!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:27 am

eddie wrote:Kids in JSA are living at home Irn, with parents that spoll them and give them everything!

They must be Tories then. Not kids who have no such luxuries and are struggling along.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:28 am

Irn I don't know ONE teen who hasn't got it all.

Even their trainers cost over £100, and they're all wearing them!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:31 am

Point them to my grandsons, neither have IPhones, get their trainers from Primark, and my eldest one is working, but only zero hours contract.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:35 am

eddie wrote:Irn I don't know ONE teen who hasn't got it all.

Even their trainers cost over £100, and they're all wearing them!

Not where I live.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down