NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Norway to 'completely ban all petrol powered cars by 2025'

5 posters

Go down

Norway to 'completely ban all petrol powered cars by 2025' Empty Norway to 'completely ban all petrol powered cars by 2025'

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:42 pm

Norway will ban the sale of all fossil fuel-based cars in the next decade, continuing its trend towards becoming one of the most ecologically progressive countries on the planet, according to reports. Politicians from both sides of the political spectrum have reportedly reached some concrete conclusions about 100 per cent of Norwegian cars running on green energy by 2025. According to Norwegian newspaper Dagens Naeringsliv, "FRP will remove all gasoline cars", a headline which makes reference to the populist right-wing Framstegspartiet, or Progress Party.

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/norway-to-ban-the-sale-of-all-fossil-fuel-based-cars-by-2025-and-replace-with-electric-vehicles-a7065616.html

Back to top Go down

Norway to 'completely ban all petrol powered cars by 2025' Empty Re: Norway to 'completely ban all petrol powered cars by 2025'

Post by eddie Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:06 pm

What good news! We could learn a lot from Norway it seems
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Norway to 'completely ban all petrol powered cars by 2025' Empty Re: Norway to 'completely ban all petrol powered cars by 2025'

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:08 pm

Well it is a very brave move Eddie.
If others follow suit, what will then the fossil fuel industries do?
I think many more should follow suit and it would then end our reliance on oil from the Middle East.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:11 pm

Paul Ettinger wrote:Well it is a very brave move Eddie.
If others follow suit, what will then the fossil fuel industries do?
I think many more should follow suit and it would then end our reliance on oil from the Middle East.

Yep, and let's face it, we could well do with getting away from the Middle East, Didge
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:23 pm

IF all petrol cars are banned, will Electric cars take their place?

If so where will Electric come from? Power stations?

What powers the power stations? Coal/Gas?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:30 pm

nicko wrote:IF all petrol cars are banned,  will Electric cars take their place?

If so where will Electric come from?    Power stations?

What powers the power stations?   Coal/Gas?

There are over fuels Nicko

There is also wind power, solar, nucleur

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:40 pm

I was just imagining two nuclear powered cars running into each other!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:47 pm

Razz

I reckon there could be a lot of people walking in Norway in another couple of decades !!!

HAS ANYBODY bothered checking the price of electric, hydrogen and alternative transport recently ???
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:49 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Razz

I reckon there could be a lot of people walking in Norway in another couple of decades  !!!

HAS ANYBODY bothered checking the price of electric, hydrogen and alternative transport recently ???

What has the price now got to do with 2025?
I am sure they have already looked at the costs for this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:15 pm

the point I think is that many many folks will end up stuck with vehicles that are not actually suitable for their use....

I mean....think the guy running a small business who has a large van for his (heavy) gear....what use is a pathetic electric vehicle that has not even got the power to pull an old hen off the nest .........oh true they have power...once or twice...then its ooops ...batteries.....need charger........

what of the 10's of thousands that have camper vans etc same applies....

of course there is the other slight problem of tourists from other countries...I mean not that I would want to visit that frigid dismal place anyway but some sad soul must sometimes wish to go there......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:18 pm

I went to Norway once, it was closed!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:48 pm

Bravo to them, I'm sure they'll figure it out.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:19 pm

The lakes look so beautiful.
Wish I'd traveled the world when I was younger.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down