NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father busted for forcing 14-year-old daughter to marry the rapist who impregnated her

+4
eddie
Victorismyhero
Major
HoratioTarr
8 posters

Go down

Father busted for forcing 14-year-old daughter to marry the rapist who impregnated her Empty Father busted for forcing 14-year-old daughter to marry the rapist who impregnated her

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2016 5:58 am

An Idaho father will face jail time for forcing his young daughter to marry the man who raped her, Fox31 reports.

Keith Strawn will spend 120 days in jail for taking his 14-year-old daughter out of state to marry the 24-year-old man who had raped and impregnated her.

“While you spend those 120 day in jail, perhaps you will think about the 120 days your daughter was in a vile farce of a marriage to a rapist,” Judge Greg Moeller told Strawn at his Tuesday hearing. Strawn was convicted of one felony count of causing injury to a child.

Aaron Seaton has been convicted and is serving a 15-year sentence in connection to the rape, which impregnated the teen. She had a miscarriage, Fox13 reports. Court records obtained by the station show Strawn “harbored and protected” the man by letting him live with the girl.

Strawn’s reasoning for what he did apparently stemmed from his reactionary beliefs about pregnancy and marriage.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/05/father-busted-for-forcing-14-year-old-daughter-to-marry-the-rapist-who-impregnated-her/

Back to top Go down

Father busted for forcing 14-year-old daughter to marry the rapist who impregnated her Empty Re: Father busted for forcing 14-year-old daughter to marry the rapist who impregnated her

Post by HoratioTarr Thu May 26, 2016 10:48 am

I'm speechless.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Father busted for forcing 14-year-old daughter to marry the rapist who impregnated her Empty Re: Father busted for forcing 14-year-old daughter to marry the rapist who impregnated her

Post by Victorismyhero Thu May 26, 2016 11:00 am

Its what "religion" does to you Stormee
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Victorismyhero Thu May 26, 2016 11:15 am

yeah? but which "flavour" of christianity

its likely this guy was one of the less "reasonable ones"

I beleive idaho is LDS territory affraid

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 26, 2016 11:56 am

What sort of madness is that??
That girl will hate her dad forever now and if you ask me I'd be looking into his mental state or his computer history.....
Sounds like a weirdo to me.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu May 26, 2016 1:45 pm

He said..."I love my daughter very much and would never do anything to intentionally harm her or put her in harms way"

He is a pervert, and imo he should be serving the same sentence as the creep who raped her.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 26, 2016 2:14 pm

It does come across as a paedophilia-type action by the father. It's very odd and as I said, I think his computer should be taken away and investigated...
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu May 26, 2016 4:02 pm

Stormie wrote:IF there needs to be a religion at all I suggest Christianity to be the only one...

Lord Foul wrote:yeah? but which "flavour" of christianity

I beleive idaho is LDS territory   affraid

In fact, the LDS are not Christian, stormie.  The Book of Mormon denies the trinity. It poses god and Christ as two separate, corporeal beings.  If there's no trinity, there is no redemption.  If there's no redemption, it's not Christianity

Like so much of the LDS, it's a look-alike religion.  So stormie, admit it, it's their whiteness, eh? Razz

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2016 5:33 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Stormie wrote:IF there needs to be a religion at all I suggest Christianity to be the only one...

Lord Foul wrote:yeah? but which "flavour" of christianity

I beleive idaho is LDS territory   affraid

In fact, the LDS are not Christian, stormie.  The Book of Mormon denies the trinity.  It poses god and Christ as two separate, corporeal beings.  If there's no trinity, there is no redemption.  If there's no redemption, it's not Christianity

Like so much of the LDS, it's a look-alike religion.  So stormie, admit it, it's their whiteness, eh? Razz

Absurdm bullshit and based on a belief the trinity is thus true.
Where is your evidence on the Trinity?
There is none, is the views of men.
So are you going to tell me Nazoreans were not Christians?
Aryan Christians also?
Gnostic Christians?

There are 42,000 Christian denominations and some man on the internet does not get to decide what the real Christianity is when its all based on works, later decided upon centuries after Jesus lived, in other words faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu May 26, 2016 6:30 pm

Paul Ettinger wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

In fact, the LDS are not Christian, stormie.  The Book of Mormon denies the trinity.  It poses god and Christ as two separate, corporeal beings.  If there's no trinity, there is no redemption.  If there's no redemption, it's not Christianity

Aryan Christians also?
Gnostic Christians?

There are 42,000 Christian denominations and some man on the internet does not get to decide what the real Christianity is when its all based on works, later decided upon centuries after Jesus lived, in other words faith

Mormons grow up with the belief that Native Americans are somehow related to a lost tribe from Israel. That tribe, they are told, came across the ocean about 6000 B.C. to America, led by an otherwise unknown Jewish prophet named "Lehi."

To a Mormon this story is history, but to historians it is simply a fiction, concocted by Joseph Smith within his Book of Mormon. The complete lack of any objective archaeological or historical proof to support such a story is explained away by Mormon apologists to the faithful. Mormons appear to believe that faith, makes fiction fact.  (Lol…is Donald Trump a Mormon?) But archaeologists, linguists and genetic experts, outside the subculture of Mormonism, have known for some time that Native Americans actually originated from Asia and not Israel.

Science and faith have increasingly collided as the Mormon religion continues on from its early beginnings. Confronted by historical evidence that repeatedly disproves their holy book, Mormons have long hoped for some artifact or research that would support their faith. Some felt that day might have indeed come through research at The Mormon Church-owned Brigham Young University in Provo, where genetic tests were being done during 2000.

The Book of Mormon contains passages which are said to apply to the “lost tribes” of Israel:

Book of Mormon wrote:For behold, I shall speak unto the Jews and they shall write it; and I shall also speak unto the Nephites and they shall write it; and I shall also speak unto the other tribes of the house of Israel, which I have led away, and they shall write it; and I shall also speak unto all nations of the earth and they shall write it. And it shall come to pass that the Jews shall have the words of the Nephites, and the Nephites shall have the words of the Jews; and the Nephites and the Jews shall have the words of the lost tribes of Israel;1 [emphasis added]

Book of Mormon wrote:1 Ne. 22:4 many are already lost from knowledge of those at Jerusalem; 2 Ne. 29:12 the Lord will speak to Jews, Nephites, other tribes, and they shall write; 29:13 Jews, Nephites, and lost tribes shall have each others’ writings; 3 Ne. 15:15 Father has not commanded Christ to tell Jews about other tribes whom Father led away; 15:20 Father separated other tribes from Jews because of iniquity; 17:4 Christ will show himself to lost tribes; 21:26 gospel to be preached to lost tribes; 28:29 three Nephites shall minister unto all scattered tribes; Ether 13:11 they who were scattered and gathered from north countries are partakers of fulfilling of covenant.2
Book of Mormon, 17.2.4.2.1  

In the Mormonism represented by most of Mormon communities (including The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints), "God" means Elohim (the Father), whereas "Godhead" means a council of three distinct gods; Elohim, Jehovah (the Son, or Jesus), and the Holy Spirit. The Father and Son have perfected, material bodies, while the Holy Spirit is a spirit and does not have a body. This conception differs from the traditional Christian Trinity; in Mormonism, the three persons are considered to be physically separate beings, or personages, but only united in will and purpose. As such, the term "Godhead" differs from how it is used in traditional Christianity. This description of God represents the orthodoxy of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church), established early in the 19th century. However, the Mormon concept of God has expanded since the faith's founding in the late 1820s. Joseph Smith said after his First Vision that God and Jesus both have physical bodies.

Being nontrinitarian, the teachings of the LDS Church differ from other Christian churches' theologies as established, for example, in the First Council of Constantinople. Mormon cosmology teaches the existence of other "gods" such as is exhibited in the concept of the Godhead being three, separate, distinct beings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_in_Mormonism

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2016 6:32 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Paul Ettinger wrote:

Aryan Christians also?
Gnostic Christians?

Mormons grow up with the belief that Native Americans are somehow related to a lost tribe from Israel. That tribe, they are told, came across the ocean about 600 B.C. to America, led by an otherwise unknown Jewish prophet named "Lehi."

To a Mormon this story is history, but to historians it is simply a fiction, concocted by Joseph Smith within his Book of Mormon. The complete lack of any objective archaeological or historical proof to support such a story is explained away by Mormon apologists to the faithful. Mormons appear to believe that faith, makes fiction fact.  (Lol…is Donald Trump a Mormon?) But archaeologists, linguists and genetic experts, outside the subculture of Mormonism, have known for some time that Native Americans actually originated from Asia and not Israel.

Science and faith have increasingly collided as the Mormon religion continues on from its early beginnings. Confronted by historical evidence that repeatedly disproves their holy book, Mormons have long hoped for some artifact or research that would support their faith. Some felt that day might have indeed come through research at The Mormon Church-owned Brigham Young University in Provo, where genetic tests were being done during 2000.

The Book of Mormon contains passages which are said to apply to the “lost tribes” of Israel:

Book of Mormon wrote:For behold, I shall speak unto the Jews and they shall write it; and I shall also speak unto the Nephites and they shall write it; and I shall also speak unto the other tribes of the house of Israel, which I have led away, and they shall write it; and I shall also speak unto all nations of the earth and they shall write it. And it shall come to pass that the Jews shall have the words of the Nephites, and the Nephites shall have the words of the Jews; and the Nephites and the Jews shall have the words of the lost tribes of Israel;1 [emphasis added]

Book of Mormon wrote:1 Ne. 22:4 many are already lost from knowledge of those at Jerusalem; 2 Ne. 29:12 the Lord will speak to Jews, Nephites, other tribes, and they shall write; 29:13 Jews, Nephites, and lost tribes shall have each others’ writings; 3 Ne. 15:15 Father has not commanded Christ to tell Jews about other tribes whom Father led away; 15:20 Father separated other tribes from Jews because of iniquity; 17:4 Christ will show himself to lost tribes; 21:26 gospel to be preached to lost tribes; 28:29 three Nephites shall minister unto all scattered tribes; Ether 13:11 they who were scattered and gathered from north countries are partakers of fulfilling of covenant.2
Book of Mormon, 17.2.4.2.1  

In the Mormonism represented by most of Mormon communities (including The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints), "God" means Elohim (the Father), whereas "Godhead" means a council of three distinct gods; Elohim, Jehovah (the Son, or Jesus), and the Holy Spirit. The Father and Son have perfected, material bodies, while the Holy Spirit is a spirit and does not have a body. This conception differs from the traditional Christian Trinity; in Mormonism, the three persons are considered to be physically separate beings, or personages, but only united in will and purpose. As such, the term "Godhead" differs from how it is used in traditional Christianity. This description of God represents the orthodoxy of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church), established early in the 19th century. However, the Mormon concept of God has expanded since the faith's founding in the late 1820s. Joseph Smith said after his First Vision that God and Jesus both have physical bodies.

Being nontrinitarian, the teachings of the LDS Church differ from other Christian churches' theologies as established, for example, in the First Council of Constantinople. Mormon cosmology teaches the existence of other "gods" such as is exhibited in the concept of the Godhead being three, separate, distinct beings.

All utterly and completely irrelevant
Again there are a Christian group, no matter what you claim
You stated that you have to believe in the Trinity to be classed as a Christian
That simply is bullshit.
What you are in effect saying is the trinity exists, without proving so
So again you are emphatically telling porkie pies

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu May 26, 2016 6:39 pm

Paul Ettinger wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Mormons grow up with the belief that Native Americans are somehow related to a lost tribe from Israel. That tribe, they are told, came across the ocean about 600 B.C. to America, led by an otherwise unknown Jewish prophet named "Lehi."

That simply is bullshit.

You are not familiar with Christian doctrine, are you? Or do you have evidence as to your interpretation of the trinity?

We'll wait...

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2016 6:47 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Paul Ettinger wrote:

That simply is bullshit.

You are not familiar with Christian doctrine, are you?  Or do you have evidence as to your interpretation of the trinity?

We'll wait...

I am an expert on Christian doctrine

It was with the council's of Nicaea that Christianity was decided up and the works to be included in the Bible, starting from the first in 325 AD.
That is 3 centuries after Jesus is supposed to have lived.
You just have argued again poorly as if then this documents in the bible are then correct.
Where is your Non-Christian corroborating evidence to the claims made in the New Testament?
If a group claims to be Christian, then they are Christian.
What you can do is question their Christian beliefs, based on what they follow.
Arguing a non starter reason based on works that cannot be validated is just plain daft

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu May 26, 2016 6:52 pm

welll.....it does say in the bible "lets make man in OUR own image....." or some such...suggesting multiple (more than one) god...... Father busted for forcing 14-year-old daughter to marry the rapist who impregnated her 2190311264
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu May 26, 2016 6:54 pm

Paul Ettinger wrote:
Original Quill wrote:
Paul Ettinger wrote:

That simply is bullshit.

You are not familiar with Christian doctrine, are you?  Or do you have evidence as to your interpretation of the trinity?

We'll wait...

It was with the council's of Nicaea that Christianity was decided up and the works to be included in the Bible, starting from the first in 325 AD.
You just have argued again poorly as if then this documents in the bible are then correct.
Where is your Non-Christian corroborating evidence to the claims made in the New Testament?
Arguing a non starter reason based on works that cannot be validated is just plain daft

expert ...pronounced ex spurt

AAAAAND...an ex is a has been
and a spurt is a drip under pressure....
Laughing

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2016 6:56 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Paul Ettinger wrote:

expert ...pronounced ex spurt

AAAAAND...an ex is a has been
and a spurt is a drip under pressure....
Laughing

But if one half is an ex, so that makes the other former partner an ex.

scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu May 26, 2016 7:33 pm

didge wrote:I am an expert on Christian doctrine

No, I have just argued that the trinity is in the Bible, not whether it is correct.

The Council of Nicaea only determined what went into the Bible.  It did not write it's passages.

Take John 10:28-30:

Holy Bible wrote:John 10:28
I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them out of My hand.

John 10:30
I and the Father are one."

John is reporting on Christ's claim that he and the Father are one and the same.

Matthew emphasized the Spirit of God:

Holy Bible wrote:Matthew 3:16-17 - And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

Thus was the Spirit in the Son.  And therefore in 2 Corinthians 13:14:

Holy Bible wrote:The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, with you all. Amen.

And thus John 3:16 tells us:

Holy Bible wrote:For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him but he be dead, yet shall he live.

The theory of redemption.

The trinity is fixed in the Christian religion, yet it is denied in the Book of Mormon.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 26, 2016 8:00 pm

Strawn’s reasoning for what he did apparently stemmed from his reactionary beliefs about pregnancy and marriage.

“If you get them pregnant then you marry them,” he told Moeller.

That's a pretty standard Christian belief, and I see nothing in the source to indicate he's a Mormon.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu May 26, 2016 8:25 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

“If you get them pregnant then you marry them,” he told Moeller.

That's a pretty standard Christian belief, and I see nothing in the source to indicate he's a Mormon.

I know.  I looked and he has a web page, but no indication of his religion.  But it wasn't his words, but his lawyer's assertion when he said to the Court Strawn's actions were motivated by strong religious beliefs.  That's what made it an issue.  The only "strong religious" beliefs I know of in Idaho are...well you know the rest.

We'll wait for confirmation.  But I give it 90%.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2016 9:32 pm

Holy Bible wrote:l Quill"

No, I have just argued that the trinity is in the Bible, not whether it is correct.

The Council of Nicaea only determined what went into the Bible.  It did not write it's passages.

Take John 10:28-30:

Holy Bible wrote:John 10:28
I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them out of My hand.

John 10:30
I and the Father are one."

John is reporting on Christ's claim that he and the Father are one and the same.

Matthew emphasized the Spirit of God:

Holy Bible wrote:Matthew 3:16-17 - And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

Thus was the Spirit in the Son.  And therefore in 2 Corinthians 13:14:

Holy Bible wrote:The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, with you all. Amen.

And thus John 3:16 tells us:

Holy Bible wrote:For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him but he be dead, yet shall he live.

The theory of redemption.

The trinity is fixed in the Christian religion, yet it is denied in the Book of Mormon.

[/quote]

Again gibberish.

You are now using John, and Matthew, for examples as if they are accurate accounts of Jesus's life

That is again blatantly stupid beyond belief

Like I said, where is the Non_Christian Corroborating works to back them up?

What you are trying to claim is that these woks prove that there is a trinity, when countless other Gosples were omitted from the bible.

It also shows that you fail to understand that Matthew was originally only sayings about Jesus and was written in Aramaic
The Christian missionary Papaias of Phrygia wrote that he had obatined an original Matthew Gospel. This was in AD120. In his surviving works he makes the following reference.

" Matthew compiled the sayings of (of Jesus) in the Aramaic language and then others translated them as best as they could"

It means it was later compiled in greeek and adapated, where originally it was just like the Gospel of Thomas written as just sayings Jesus made to him. It would show that the Gospel is an early Gospel, but as we do not have any of the originals in Aramaic, there is no way to corroborate its authenticity
But again even though this makes Matthew's sayings more reliable, its then renderend moot by the fact we know many additions were added by laters writers.
That means there is no way to tell on many claims made. That is down to faith.

So that again has to be the most idiotic claims made on Christianity again basing a view that now John and Matthew are historically accurate, which is comical

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri May 27, 2016 12:14 am

LOL moroms are only as Christian as Muslims
they are defintily Abrahamists though

they both have a third book they value more than the original bibles. Joesph Smith is American Mohammad
Wink
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri May 27, 2016 5:29 am

didge wrote:You are now using John, and Matthew, for examples as if they are accurate accounts of Jesus's life.

You haven't understood a thing going on in this thread.  No one is trying to reify the story of Christ.  It's just that Christians believe in the doctrine of the trinity, Mormons do not.

If these discussions are too deep for you, leave them to others who can follow.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 27, 2016 5:38 am

I have understood perfectly
You are making the absurd motion, who can and cannot call themselves Christians.
You are doing this off works, later decied upon by men to be claimed as authentic works on the life of Jesus. It is upon this that you are stating if and who can be Christians. Now imagine if you claim the same of a Muslim sect and stated they were not Muslims as the Wahhabist Muslims claim of other Muslims?
You are using the same reasoning of ISIS who class other Muslism as apostates

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri May 27, 2016 5:44 am

didge wrote:You are doing this off works, later decied upon by men to be claimed as authentic works on the life of Jesus. It is upon this that you are stating if and who can be Christians

Nevertheless, it's the raison d'être of Christian belief. The Book of Mormon denies it. If the shoe don't fit, it ain't the right one.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 27, 2016 5:47 am

Original Quill wrote:
didge wrote:You are doing this off works, later decied upon by men to be claimed as authentic works on the life of Jesus. It is upon this that you are stating if and who can be Christians

Nevertheless, it's the raison d'être of Christian belief.  The Book of Mormon denies it.  If the shoe don't fit, it ain't the right one.

Gibberish again.
Again this is based off what some Christians believe of which none of them can prove their doctrine if the right one.
So in the case of Christianity, any shoe fits, being as their 42,000 denominations

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri May 27, 2016 5:56 am

Didge, it's about comparative religion, not what they can "prove". It has nothing to do with the veracity of either the Holy Bible or the Book of Mormon.

If you can't get it, I'm not going to waste anymore time on you.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 27, 2016 7:04 pm

Again Giggerish

The problem is you cannot get it, all christianity is based on faith based off works that cannot be authenticated. So for you to claim one myth does not qualify as being as part of a mythical belief, is just blatantly absurd.

Again there is nothing wrong challenging people based off what they believe and off what it conflicts with.
But you simply cannot say what identity people are.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri May 27, 2016 7:19 pm

Paul Ettinger wrote:Again Giggerish

The problem is you cannot get it, all christianity is based on faith based off works that cannot be authenticated. So for you to claim one myth does not qualify as being as part of a mythical belief, is just blatantly absurd.

Again there is nothing wrong challenging people based off what they believe and off what it conflicts with.
But you simply cannot say what identity people are.

**FAIL**

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 27, 2016 7:31 pm

Well considering you are in no position to judge the debate.

Then your reply is not only daft but again shows you simply are making an absurd view

Again based on the methodology of ISIS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down