NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

‘Marry-your-rapist’ bill to be introduced by lawmakers in Turkey

+2
Ben Reilly
nicko
6 posters

Go down

‘Marry-your-rapist’ bill to be introduced by lawmakers in Turkey Empty ‘Marry-your-rapist’ bill to be introduced by lawmakers in Turkey

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:37 pm

A law which would allow men accused of having sex with girls who are under 18 to avoid punishment if they marry their victims is set to be introduced to parliament in Turkey.

The controversial so-called “marry-your-rapist” bill, which lawmakers are planning to introduce to Turkish parliament at the end of January, has sparked fury among women’s rights campaigners in the country.

Critics argue the legislation, which the opposition Peoples’ Democratic Party (HDP) is urging the government to axe, not only legitimises child marriage and statutory rape but also paves the way for child abuse and sexual exploitation.

A similar bill was defeated in Turkey in 2016 after national and global outrage. The legislation would have only pardoned men if they had sex without “force or threat”.

United Nations agencies warned the bill would generate a landscape of impunity for child abuse and leave victims vulnerable to experiencing additional mistreatment and distress from their assailants.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/turkey-marry-rapist-bill-child-marriage-a9296681.html

Disgusting does not even come close to describing how abhorrent the Government of Turkey is

Back to top Go down

‘Marry-your-rapist’ bill to be introduced by lawmakers in Turkey Empty Re: ‘Marry-your-rapist’ bill to be introduced by lawmakers in Turkey

Post by nicko Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:27 pm

An excuse for under age rape for Muslims !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

‘Marry-your-rapist’ bill to be introduced by lawmakers in Turkey Empty Re: ‘Marry-your-rapist’ bill to be introduced by lawmakers in Turkey

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:24 pm

Horrible, horrible law for any society to be enacting. Hopefully the Turkish people will fight it.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:25 pm

Jesus! What??? What about the girls? Do they have no say?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:30 pm

eddie wrote:Jesus! What??? What about the girls? Do they have no say?

Doubtful.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:04 am

I see I got a Red from some one who doesn't believe it happens, head up arse again !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:56 pm

This sounds really strange - I have a feeling something got lost in translation?  Or maybe the meaning got deliberately twisted.  

The law-makers are probably saying that if a couple are engaged to be married, or intending to get engaged, the authorities will look more favourably on accusations of sexual activity between such couples.

IOW basically the authorities have decided to relax their strict rules about premarital sex, and saying it's allowed if the couple are in a long term relationship. That's what all this is about, imo.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:21 pm

JulesV wrote:This sounds really strange - I have a feeling something got lost in translation?  Or maybe the meaning got deliberately twisted.  

The law-makers are probably saying that if a couple are engaged to be married, or intending to get engaged, the authorities will look more favourably on accusations of sexual activity between such couples.

IOW basically the authorities have decided to relax their strict rules about premarital sex, and saying it's allowed if the couple are in a long term relationship. That's what all this is about, imo.

Nothing is lost in translation Jules

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marry-your-rapist_law

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:24 pm

I dislike Turkey. They like to portray the image of a secular country and they make a few 'progressive' concessions now and then, but the old fashioned traditionalists cling to their ancient ways.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:37 pm

Thorin wrote:
JulesV wrote:This sounds really strange - I have a feeling something got lost in translation?  Or maybe the meaning got deliberately twisted.  

Nothing is lost in translation Jules

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marry-your-rapist_law

Is it a bill going thru a sort of green paper stage or is it already law?
'Rapist' is understandably an emotive term but a distinction needs to be made between
a) sex with a minor (in this case less than 18yo) which is classed as statutory rape even if 'consensual',  ……... and
b) sex when a complete stranger jumps on a random woman, overpowers her and violates her.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:21 pm

JulesV wrote:I dislike Turkey. They like to portray the image of a secular country and they make a few 'progressive' concessions now and then, but the old fashioned traditionalists cling to their ancient ways.

I agree...well, I'm not fond of eastern Europeans, generally. Turks are of a different teaching--they reject civilised society. Ask the family of George Smith, of Connecticut. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2151354/George-Smith-FBI-close-catching-allegedly-threw-groom-overboard-honeymoon-cruise.html

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:01 pm

Strong parallels with shotgun weddings here.

But in this modern day & age why would any woman agree to be wed to a violent, randy old goat? This new law is a pile of dogshit from a typical patriarchal society.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:04 pm

Original Quill wrote:
JulesV wrote:I dislike Turkey. They like to portray the image of a secular country and they make a few 'progressive' concessions now and then, but the old fashioned traditionalists cling to their ancient ways.

I agree...well, I'm not fond of eastern Europeans, generally.  Turks are of a different teaching--they reject civilised society.  Ask the family of George Smith, of Connecticut.  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2151354/George-Smith-FBI-close-catching-allegedly-threw-groom-overboard-honeymoon-cruise.html

Bit harsh to say you’re not fond of Eastern Europeans! Overgeneralising there, Quill...
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:11 pm

Every week I bump into several Eastern Europeans, and while some of them aren't so great, most of them are warm, friendly, funny people who are fun to be around.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:44 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I agree...well, I'm not fond of eastern Europeans, generally.  Turks are of a different teaching--they reject civilised society.  Ask the family of George Smith, of Connecticut.  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2151354/George-Smith-FBI-close-catching-allegedly-threw-groom-overboard-honeymoon-cruise.html

Bit harsh to say you’re not fond of Eastern Europeans! Overgeneralising there, Quill...

They seem to lack a little bit of civility.  Eastern Europeans are behind most of the sex trafficking all over the world.  Tells you a lot about their character.

As far as the Turks are concerned, I spent a lot of time there, almost lived there, and they are some mean people...all offense, very argumentative and cruel, and no empathy whatsoever.

That's the impressions I was left with.  If someone wants to try to change my mind, I'm open.  But they'll have to overcome a lot of bad experiences, to me, and vastly more to others that I observed.

But, I've been to Iran, and loved it.  Iranians are very close to Turks, in character, but you could befriend an Iranian.  You can talk, relax and interact with an Iranian.  Turks don't befriend anyone.  They are suspicious, unfriendly, and quick to anger.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:56 pm

I work with tons of Eastern Europeans and not one of them is a sex trafficker Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:59 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:

They seem to lack a little bit of civility.  Eastern Europeans are behind most of the sex trafficking all over the world.  Tells you a lot about their character.

As far as the Turks are concerned, I spent a lot of time there, almost lived there, and they are some mean people...all offense, very argumentative and cruel, and no empathy whatsoever.

That's the impressions I was left with.  If someone wants to try to change my mind, I'm open.  But they'll have to overcome a lot of bad experiences, to me, and vastly more to others that I observed.

But, I've been to Iran, and loved it.  Iranians are very close to Turks, in character, but you could befriend an Iranian.  You can talk, relax and interact with an Iranian.  Turks don't befriend anyone.  They are suspicious, unfriendly, and quick to anger.

What do you base the above poor stereotype xenophobia from?
The same for that saw the Nazis eradicate the Roma and many other eastern europeans?
This has nothing to do with an ethnic racial identity of people
That is what caused the holocaust in the first place with such racist arguments Quill

When the fuck will you learn?

You are like those who claim because there is high levels of African american violent crimes. That there is something wrong with them. You empower racism and xenophobia

There is no scientific view that any ethnic group is more hateful or violent

There is only beliefs that that people follow blindly with hate. To the point they will mass murder them. That is the issue

The issue here stems from a religious belief

You do not want to say what that belief is

You would rather engage in an unscientific load of pseudo science to castigate an entire ethnic group

The issue is not the people of Turkey here. The issue is beliefs

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:16 pm

Green from me didge. I agree.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:17 pm

phil wrote:What do you base the above poor stereotype xenophobia from?

Experience. I have been there. I have lived among them.

Have you?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:26 pm

Original Quill wrote:

Experience.  I have been there.  I have lived among them.

Have you?

Most Eastern Europeans aren't sex traffickers. Just like ...

Most Muslims aren't Islamist terrorists.

Most black people aren't criminals.

Most Mexican people aren't in a cartel.

Most white people aren't white-collar vultures.

You get the point.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:28 pm

Original Quill wrote:

Experience.  I have been there.  I have lived among them.

Have you?

Yes i have been there and lived for a short period of time

Is that the bases for a scientific study? When the bases of your study is based on a minuscule amount of people you have met?

The reality is your view and theory is based on a bias of the minuscule amount of people you have met 

Its this kind of thinking that allowed Hitler to convince people that Jews were evil

He also lived and met a minuscule amount of Jews in his life

Do you think , that you both have the monopoly to castigate a people, based on the very few people you met?

Like gelico states constantly. You literally, are the only racist on this forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:35 pm

eddie wrote:I work with tons of Eastern Europeans and not one of them is a sex trafficker Rolling Eyes

They got out of there.  Good for the one's you work with...they are not sex traffickers...at least that you know of.

We, in the US, are the money launderers for them.  That's libertarianism and lack of regulation for you.  Why do you think we didn't like Trump from the start?  He launders their money.  How do you think he comes to be close friends with Epstein? Hangs out with exotic dancers?  Pees on beds in a Moscow hotel with Russian hookers?  Cheats on his wives?  Sleeps with hookers and exotic dancers?  His whole life is tainted with the sex trade.

How did he come to have such a reputation?  He hangs out with eastern Europeans and Russians.  Russia's where he got the money, when western banks considered him too risky and shut down his credit line. That's his whole story.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:44 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:I work with tons of Eastern Europeans and not one of them is a sex trafficker Rolling Eyes

They got out of there.  Good for the one's you work with...they are not sex traffickers...at least that you know of.

We, in the US, are the money launderers for them.  That's libertarianism and lack of regulation for you.  Why do you think we didn't like Trump from the start?  He launders their money.  How do you think he comes to be close friends with Epstein? Hangs out with exotic dancers?  Pees on beds in a Moscow hotel with Russian hookers?  Cheats on his wives?  Sleeps with hookers and exotic dancers?  His whole life is tainted with the sex trade.

How did he come to have such a reputation?  He hangs out with eastern Europeans and Russians.  Russia's where he got the money, when western banks considered him too risky and shut down his credit line.  That's his whole story.

Wow

So quill is claiming that because Trump hangs out with some $Eastern Europeans and has a wife who is
That is the bases for his racism
I seriously cannot believe the nonsense I am hearing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:45 pm

Knock yourself out people and they claim racism comes from the right

Quill emphatically proves it also comes from the left

Night all

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down