NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daughter Pulls Father From Under Burning Truck

Go down

Daughter Pulls Father From Under Burning Truck  Empty Daughter Pulls Father From Under Burning Truck

Post by Guest Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:59 am

A 19-year-old woman has been honoured after she saved her father's life by lifting a truck from on top of him and dragging him to safety when a fire broke out. Charlotte Heffelmire, from Vienna, Virginia, found her father Eric pinned under the truck after it fell on top of him when its jack slipped as he worked in the garage at their home.

The accident also caused a petrol spill, which set the truck and the garage on fire.

Charlotte rushed to his side and lifted the pickup truck twice before managing to pull her father to safety. She then climbed into the truck and drove it on three wheels out of the garage to prevent the fire spreading to the house, where four other members of her family were.
Ms Heffelmire told Fox News: "I kind of came into the garage and the garage was already on fire and really from there I kind of snapped into that whatever super mode I had at that point and kind of do what I had to do."

Speaking to CBS News, she added: "I went over to the truck, lifted it the first time, he said 'ok, you almost got it'.
"So I lifted it one more time. Finally managed to get it out, it was some crazy strength, pulled him out.
"I didn't want the entire house to explode with the truck, so I started the truck, put it (in) four wheel drive and just mashed on it with three wheels and just drove out. It left a nice groove on the asphalt."
Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department presented Ms Heffelmire with a Citizen Lifesaving Award last week for her selfless act.
Father Eric Heffelmire paid tribute to his daughter, and said he did not think he would survive. He said: "Yeah, I thought they would be pulling out a dead body later in the evening."

http://news.sky.com/story/1620562/daughter-pulls-father-from-under-burning-truck

Back to top Go down

Daughter Pulls Father From Under Burning Truck  Empty Re: Daughter Pulls Father From Under Burning Truck

Post by nicko Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:44 pm

What a Girl.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down