NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death of the Cockney: A BBC film, Last Whites Of The East End, reveals the seismic effects of mass migration on British communities - and how it's often ethnic minorities who are most worried by it

+9
Original Quill
'Wolfie
Fuzzy Zack
veya_victaous
Syl
Victorismyhero
Ben Reilly
nicko
eddie
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Death of the Cockney: A BBC film, Last Whites Of The East End, reveals the seismic effects of mass migration on British communities - and how it's often ethnic minorities who are most worried by it - Page 2 Empty Death of the Cockney: A BBC film, Last Whites Of The East End, reveals the seismic effects of mass migration on British communities - and how it's often ethnic minorities who are most worried by it

Post by eddie Sat May 21, 2016 10:46 am

First topic message reminder :

Death of the Cockney: A BBC film, Last Whites Of The East End, reveals the seismic effects of mass migration on British communities - and how it's often ethnic minorities who are most worried by it

Everything this area stood for is being eradicated slowly but surely,’ says this proud, sad fifth generation East Ender. ‘In ten years’ time, there’ll be absolutely no trace of Cockney culture.’

Things used to be different, he says. ‘I miss those days when everyone knew everyone.’ Now his children are growing up with little knowledge of ‘the British way of life’. These days, he says, some schools are more like ‘Africa or Romania’.

He is not being particularly outspoken. In fact, it is hard to find anyone who was born and bred in these streets who would argue with him. No doubt, Shadow Europe Minister Pat Glass — who this week condemned an entire Derbyshire village after a ‘horrible racist’ voter dared to voice concerns about immigration — would like to have him carted off for re-education.

Cockneys are becoming a minority in east London, (pictured) which is the UK's most multicultural borough, with 70,000 immigrants arriving over the past 15 years

But what is really astonishing is that these remarks come not from some Alf Garnett-style Cockney dinosaur wailing into his pint down at the Queen Vic.

They are the thoughts of Usmaan Hussain, a dad with a young family, who is every bit as proud of his East End roots as his Bangladeshi ancestry. He loves West Ham United and has just started up a Muslim prayer group.

And he is one of many Cockneys whose moving lament for a dying way of life is the subject of a powerful documentary next week on BBC1.

It will make extremely uncomfortable viewing for all the main political parties, not to mention the local council — which is already disputing some of its assertions. And it seems that there are some within the BBC who are worried about this film, too.

I am sure the channel will issue plenty of health warnings before the start of Last Whites Of The East End. And they won’t be referring to the swearing. If you’re the sort of delicate flower who feels threatened by Germaine Greer’s views on gender change or a statue of Cecil Rhodes, then you should switch channels immediately.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3601730/A-BBC-film-Whites-East-End-reveals-seismic-effects-mass-migration-British-communities-s-ethnic-minorities-worried-it.html

Very interesting.

I'm betting that everyone thought the guy was WHITE.
Wonder if it will change anyone's perspective, as I've said many many times, that lots of my black friends and Asian friends and Bulgarian friends, feel this way.....
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Death of the Cockney: A BBC film, Last Whites Of The East End, reveals the seismic effects of mass migration on British communities - and how it's often ethnic minorities who are most worried by it - Page 2 Empty Re: Death of the Cockney: A BBC film, Last Whites Of The East End, reveals the seismic effects of mass migration on British communities - and how it's often ethnic minorities who are most worried by it

Post by veya_victaous Mon May 23, 2016 11:33 pm

@HT
Just cause you guys treat migrants as foreigners

We are one, but we are many
And from all the lands on earth we come
We share a dream and sing with one voice:
I am, you are, we are Australian
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Death of the Cockney: A BBC film, Last Whites Of The East End, reveals the seismic effects of mass migration on British communities - and how it's often ethnic minorities who are most worried by it - Page 2 Empty Re: Death of the Cockney: A BBC film, Last Whites Of The East End, reveals the seismic effects of mass migration on British communities - and how it's often ethnic minorities who are most worried by it

Post by eddie Mon May 23, 2016 11:39 pm

Australia has strict rules about emigrating there. Don't act like you're all "come unto us!" Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue May 24, 2016 12:02 am

eddie wrote:Australia has strict rules about emigrating there. Don't act like you're all "come unto us!" Rolling Eyes

strick rules that still allow more than double the migration rate of the UK Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

And the point is Once you are an Australian Citizen No One suggests you are not an Australian or in anyway less Australian than anyone but the Aboriginals Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Maybe you can explain WHY Migrants to the UK feel the need to move together
it's not like it is just one group, ALL your miogrants seem to feel they need to stick to their own kind
WHAT has British Society done to cause that?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue May 24, 2016 12:02 am

veya_victaous wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

What planet are you on?   If Brits treated foreigners so badly, why do you think they want to live here in the first place?    We've been living with migrants for decades with no problems.   What you don't get is that people are inherently tribal, and will gravitate towards their own cultures and give preference to those cultures before any other. That doesn't mean everyone else is intolerant of them or they intolerant of everyone else.  

Cause we have been living together for decades longer and have got beyond that. So OBVIOUSLY it is just a bullshit excuse. And the Desire to move to the UK is still significantly lower than the USA or Australia.

What do you not understand that If people accepted base primitive mentalities so easily we would not have the societies we have today.

Wrong. We'd all be one homogeneous coffee coloured race. Also, is our society the society we really want or need? I'm not so sure it's the wonderful state of being that it's made up to be.

Thank God we all have separate cultures and preserve them as such. That's what makes the world so interesting. Being tribal and wishing to preserve your culture is not a base primitive mentality, it's a human need. It's what makes us who we are. This is a survival instinct; without strong cohesion, human groups would not be able to adequately meet the constant challenges they face...and that extends backwards for thousands of years. It's inherent.

Being part of a community is very important for humans. We need and crave identity. That's why people band together, it's natural.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue May 24, 2016 12:05 am

veya_victaous wrote:
eddie wrote:Australia has strict rules about emigrating there. Don't act like you're all "come unto us!" Rolling Eyes

strick rules that still allow more than double the migration rate of the UK  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

And the point is Once you are an Australian Citizen No One suggests you are not an Australian or in anyway less Australian than anyone but the Aboriginals  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

it's not like it is just one group, ALL your miogrants seem to feel they need to stick to their own kind

This post is laughable. What do you think we do here in the UK? Shuffle round in tight little clusters abusing immigrants. We have a huge population of people with ethnic backgrounds born and bred here, who are proud to call themselves British.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue May 24, 2016 1:02 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

strick rules that still allow more than double the migration rate of the UK  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

And the point is Once you are an Australian Citizen No One suggests you are not an Australian or in anyway less Australian than anyone but the Aboriginals  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

This post is laughable.  What do you think we do here in the UK?  Shuffle round in tight little clusters abusing immigrants.   We have a huge population of people with ethnic backgrounds born and bred here, who are proud to call themselves British.

That other Brits of the Anglo Variety Claim are something other than British half the bloody time on here!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Yes HT i can see why if I had to live near you I'd try to move away near people with some culture.
To be honest I don't really need to ask the question, cause what obviously happened is what has happened on Newsfix.

Yes, yes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes it was natural to throw rocks at those different from you, chuck rocks at the other troop of monkeys, and I can see that many Brits don't want to evolve past that point either tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue May 24, 2016 9:55 am

veya_victaous wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

This post is laughable.  What do you think we do here in the UK?  Shuffle round in tight little clusters abusing immigrants.   We have a huge population of people with ethnic backgrounds born and bred here, who are proud to call themselves British.

That other Brits of the Anglo Variety Claim are something other than British half the bloody time on here!!!  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

Yes HT i can see why if I had to live near you I'd try to move away near people with some culture.
To be honest I don't really need to ask the question, cause what obviously happened is what has happened on Newsfix.

Yes, yes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  it was natural to throw rocks at those different from you, chuck rocks at the other troop of monkeys, and I can see that many Brits don't want to evolve past that point either  tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue

What the fuck are you blathering about, you clown? Are you sniffing glue? Nothing that comes out of your mouth makes any logical sense. Who said anything about throwing rocks? Are you so dumb and parochial that you can't fathom that the British have been a melting pot of cultures for a long time? We've not banned the burqa, nor stopped free speech for ranting clerics. We allow our churches to be turned into mosques. We shop in ethnic supermarkets and eat in ethnic restaurants. When was the last time you saw a white Western woman allowed to walk down the street in Saudi with her head uncovered never mind her arms and legs? Do you suppose they'd ever allow a mosque to be turned into a church?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 24, 2016 10:20 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

That other Brits of the Anglo Variety Claim are something other than British half the bloody time on here!!!  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

Yes, yes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  it was natural to throw rocks at those different from you, chuck rocks at the other troop of monkeys, and I can see that many Brits don't want to evolve past that point either  tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue

What the fuck are you blathering about, you clown?   Are you sniffing glue?   Nothing that comes out of your mouth makes any logical sense.   Who said anything about throwing rocks?   Are you so dumb and parochial that you can't fathom that the British have been a melting pot of cultures for a long time?   We've not banned the burqa, nor stopped free speech for ranting clerics.  We allow our churches to be turned into mosques.   We shop in ethnic supermarkets and eat in ethnic restaurants.   When was the last time you saw a white Western woman allowed to walk down the street in Saudi with her head uncovered never mind her arms and legs?   Do you suppose they'd ever allow a mosque to be turned into a church?  

You tell him!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Tue May 24, 2016 10:46 am

T
HoratioTarr wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

What the fuck are you blathering about, you clown?   Are you sniffing glue?   Nothing that comes out of your mouth makes any logical sense.   Who said anything about throwing rocks?   Are you so dumb and parochial that you can't fathom that the British have been a melting pot of cultures for a long time?   We've not banned the burqa, nor stopped free speech for ranting clerics.  We allow our churches to be turned into mosques.   We shop in ethnic supermarkets and eat in ethnic restaurants.   When was the last time you saw a white Western woman allowed to walk down the street in Saudi with her head uncovered never mind her arms and legs?   Do you suppose they'd ever allow a mosque to be turned into a church?  
Well said that woman  cheers
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by nicko Tue May 24, 2016 2:06 pm

vEYA says he'd like to move to some where with more culture!

You'd better come to England then because there's no sign of culture in your country going by your ignorant racist posts.

For some one who sits in the "outback" drinking 4x out of tins i think you'v "gone native"
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue May 24, 2016 2:08 pm

PS, YOU CAN SLAG ME OFF IF YOU LIKE, IT'S WATER OFF A DUCKS BACK.

nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Death of the Cockney: A BBC film, Last Whites Of The East End, reveals the seismic effects of mass migration on British communities - and how it's often ethnic minorities who are most worried by it - Page 2 Empty BBC’s The Last Whites Of The East End Prompts Outrage At ‘Racist’ Programme

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2016 5:38 am

Death of the Cockney: A BBC film, Last Whites Of The East End, reveals the seismic effects of mass migration on British communities - and how it's often ethnic minorities who are most worried by it - Page 2 5745c9c71a00002f00c2995f
BBC

The programme, stills featured from it above, was branded ‘racist’ by some viewers
The BBC is facing a backlash from viewers who complained that a documentary on the evolving communities of London’s East End was racist. 
Many people were deeply unhappy with the programme, which chronicled the supposed exodus of white British people from the borough of Newham, with one viewer branding it “white supremacist propaganda”. The documentary, that premiered on Tuesday, examined what effect the 70,000 immigrants who arrived in the last 15 years had on the communities they integrated with. It was billed as a programme “exploring the effect of immigration on the dwindling white community of the East End, from the perspective of those who remain and those who chose to leave”. But its contents was heavily criticised by social media users, who accused its producers of ignorance, and labelled it “racist”.

But others hit back, retorting that the the programme simply laid bare the reality of how one of the country’s boroughs with the lowest white British populations had changed over time.

A BBC spokesperson defended the programme, explaining that it broadcast both positive and negative views across a variety of issues. 
The spokesperson told The Huffington Post UK: “The documentary Last Whites of the East End sets out to explore the impact of rapid change on long standing communities in the East End of London and to discover why some people are choosing to leave the area.
“The film features a wide range of people voicing their personal opinions and shows many different facets of life in Newham, exploring both positive and negative views across a variety of issues.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/the-last-whites-of-the-end-bbc-racist-twitter_uk_5745b2e0e4b0ebf6a3291028?utm_hp_ref=uk

I have not watched the program, but how on earth is this promoting "white supremacy"?

WTF, its history, what the fuck is the matter with some of these lefties?

Read the comments  on the link

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu May 26, 2016 6:17 am

it is 'white supremacy mindset' cause it is suggesting that is it in any way negative that the whites have CHOOSEN to leave...

Why is the story not, Immigrant move to area and the locals Are so Racist they abandon the area rather than live near people of different races.

that a much more realisitc version of events, cause the new migrants to the UK are not Forcing anyone to leave. there is not Army shooting natives that refuse to surrender their homes etc. it is just people choosing.

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu May 26, 2016 7:44 am

Duplicate thread.

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t16118-death-of-the-cockney-a-bbc-film-last-whites-of-the-east-end-reveals-the-seismic-effects-of-mass-migration-on-british-communities-and-how-it-s-often-ethnic-minorities-who-are-most-worried-by-it?highlight=whites
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2