NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last Whites in the East End

+4
Victorismyhero
Original Quill
Syl
HoratioTarr
8 posters

Go down

Last Whites in the East End Empty Last Whites in the East End

Post by HoratioTarr Sat May 14, 2016 5:02 pm

Cockneys are becoming an endangered species in a London borough after 70,000 immigrants have moved in over the past 15 years, a BBC documentary has revealed.

The white population of Newham is leaving in droves, according to the Last Whites of the East End, which claims 73 per cent of the local population is now made up of ethnic minorities and Black British.

It was previously almost all white working class, with the majority dockworkers, but has now become the most multicultural place in the UK, with 147 languages spoken across the borough.

Although many of the area's new residents consider themselves 'proper East Enders', some say the differences in culture and religion are creating divides, with ethnic groups sticking together.Newham has 66 primary schools and two decades ago more than half the pupils were white British.

But now one school - Drew Primary - has just three white British children per class, with 43 languages spoken throughout its halls.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3590156/The-whites-East-End-BBC-documentary-reveals-cockneys-endangered-species-London-borough-70-000-immigrants-moved-in.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Last Whites in the East End Empty Re: Last Whites in the East End

Post by Syl Sat May 14, 2016 5:10 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:Cockneys are becoming an endangered species in a London borough after 70,000 immigrants have moved in over the past 15 years, a BBC documentary has revealed.

The white population of Newham is leaving in droves, according to the Last Whites of the East End, which claims 73 per cent of the local population is now made up of ethnic minorities and Black British.

It was previously almost all white working class, with the majority dockworkers, but has now become the most multicultural place in the UK, with 147 languages spoken across the borough.

Although many of the area's new residents consider themselves 'proper East Enders', some say the differences in culture and religion are creating divides, with ethnic groups sticking together.Newham has 66 primary schools and two decades ago more than half the pupils were white British.

But now one school - Drew Primary - has just three white British children per class, with 43 languages spoken throughout its halls.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3590156/The-whites-East-End-BBC-documentary-reveals-cockneys-endangered-species-London-borough-70-000-immigrants-moved-in.html

I know someone who lives in an area in London populated by mostly immigrants, she hates the way her life has changed.
Diversity is good....but it's a shame that some areas are losing their identity completely.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat May 14, 2016 6:12 pm

Reminds me of Prisoner of 2nd Avenue.  

The East End, around White Chapel and Spitalfields Market, has always been given over to foreign sorts.  Before Pakistanis there were the Polish, and on back...

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat May 14, 2016 6:17 pm

another ghetto then....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat May 14, 2016 6:27 pm

Lord Foul wrote:another ghetto then....

Yep...always been.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 14, 2016 6:29 pm

I think the indigenous cockneys who actually live there would dispute that.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat May 14, 2016 6:31 pm

Syl wrote:I think the people who actually live there would dispute that.

Why? It's just a descriptive term.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 14, 2016 6:32 pm

Original Quill wrote:

Why?  It's just a descriptive term.

A ghetto of Cockneys? Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2016 7:24 pm

Stormee wrote:It is NOT JUST London where these ghettos are, they are widespread ALL OVER OUR ISLAND.
Tiz NOW time to get rid of them all.

The clock is ticking into civil unrest

Going to be out their throwing the bombs are you?

My mums family are from Peckham and around the old kent road area, it's always had waves of immigrants building up communities, then eventually moving outwards. Golders Green has always been Jewish. What does it matter.

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat May 14, 2016 7:29 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
another ghetto then....

Smile

HASN'T it long been heading downhill, though -- ever since they began sending the better class of locals off to the colonies - first over to America and Canada, then down to Australia and New Zealand ???
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat May 14, 2016 7:32 pm

sassy wrote:
Stormee wrote:
It is NOT JUST London where these ghettos are, they are widespread ALL OVER OUR ISLAND.
Tiz NOW time to get rid of them all.

The clock is ticking into civil unrest

My mums family are from Peckham and around the old kent road area, it's always had waves of immigrants building up communities, then eventually moving outwards. Golders Green has always been Jewish. What does it matter.

Laughing

STORMEE'S Anglo ancestors were probably out there throwing rocks at his Roman, Saxon and Viking ancestors, all those years ago !
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2016 7:45 pm

Stormee wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Laughing

STORMEE'S Anglo ancestors were probably out there throwing rocks at his Roman, Saxon and Viking ancestors, all those years ago !

Peckham, bleedin Peckam, that is another sh**hole, even Del and Rodney from Mandela Towers had to dress up as Batman and Robin to aid law and order.

Maybe you should be concerned with improving your own affairs instead  of being personal towards me and mine.

Perhaps you forget the fact you deliberately picked out my post to Syl thiis morning.   If you don't like it Stormee, piss off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat May 14, 2016 8:59 pm

Harlem used to be predominantly Dutch Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat May 14, 2016 10:51 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Harlem used to be predominantly Dutch Smile

I love to listen. The similarities to New York are amazing.

Wave after wave of immigrants of a certain culture passing through, each leaving some behind but most moving on. And always a strata of Jews around, to lend the place some grace and intelligence.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat May 14, 2016 11:29 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Harlem used to be predominantly Dutch Smile

I love to listen.  The similarities to New York are amazing.

Wave after wave of immigrants of a certain culture passing through, each leaving some behind but most moving on.  And always a strata of Jews around, to lend the place some grace and intelligence.

What these hand-wringers fail to understand is that anything that doesn't change becomes stagnant. Imagine Harlem 100 years from now -- as you say, layer upon layer of the past informing a new wave of people.

Of course, racism is at the heart of it. Otherwise you wouldn't bemoan one shade of people moving out and another shade moving in. If you think the neighborhood is worse off, you obviously think the new shade of people are inferior.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun May 15, 2016 1:38 am

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Why?  It's just a descriptive term.

A ghetto of Cockneys?  Laughing

yes it was a ghetto of cockneys Wink
if over 95% where cockneys

a ghetto is just a mono-cultural suburb
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun May 15, 2016 1:43 am

Stormee wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
sassy wrote:

Laughing

Peckham, bleedin Peckam, that is another sh**hole, even Del and Rodney from Mandela Towers had to dress up as Batman and Robin to aid law and order.

Maybe you should be concerned with improving your own affairs instead  of being personal towards me and mine.

lol! I would have thought you'd take that as a compliment lol!

And Actually we don't have ghettos, the closest things to ghettos are the extreme remote aboriginal populations which are just what they have been for thousands of years as it's too harsh for white people out there.. and the other is some rural towns that are still 'anglo' ghettos.... but other races will start moving thee eventually
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down