NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Say something positive about a member or members everyone knows you don't agree with

+4
Raggamuffin
Syl
eddie
Ben Reilly
8 posters

Go down

Say something positive about a member or members everyone knows you don't agree with Empty Say something positive about a member or members everyone knows you don't agree with

Post by Ben Reilly Sun May 15, 2016 5:58 am

I'll start it off, been thinking about it for a while.

Everyone knows I'm not the biggest fan of Tommy or Stormee. I often don't show either of them respect. But I will say this -- they come here and they state their opinions, and as repugnant as I find many of them, that's all they do. The vast majority of the time, they use the site the way it was meant to be used.

That might not sound like much, but we all know of several others who didn't like me, or some of the other mods, or the left in general, who wouldn't just speak their mind -- they were actually trying to mess up the forum because they wanted to see NF crash and burn. I'd much rather debate right-wingers than try to defend this site from them, or others who aren't right-wing but hate this site as much as the others.

Come on, everybody. I'm sure there's a member or a few here who you really don't agree with at all, yet they're part of whatever it is that keeps you coming back. And without the other side, we'd all have to find a new hobby Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Say something positive about a member or members everyone knows you don't agree with Empty Re: Say something positive about a member or members everyone knows you don't agree with

Post by eddie Sun May 15, 2016 10:28 am

I clash often with 4ever, yet I do find her informative posts on topics pretty good.
I clash with Didge but I think he makes some pretty good inspirational threads and always finds those heartwarming videos.

(And I was thinking of doing this thread the other day so somehow or other Ben, you're stealing my thoughs Suspect )
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Say something positive about a member or members everyone knows you don't agree with Empty Re: Say something positive about a member or members everyone knows you don't agree with

Post by Guest Sun May 15, 2016 11:02 am

Ya, right; been here done that - get to read once again how your pack attack TEAM don't like
a.)my typing method
b.)my abuse of smilies/emotioncon yada,yada,yada
c.)some seem to even keep count; who said 90% of my posts were worthless'?'
I'll pass on this, yet another place to shred fellow members under the guise of 'lets play nice' Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 15, 2016 11:04 am

Right....that went well then. Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 15, 2016 12:36 pm

eddie wrote:Right....that went well then. Rolling Eyes

clappy Oh, joy - Oh, boy...a tally sheet for those that love to count; and now there'll be an easy-peasy place to come and check just how many times Didge/4ever2/Stormee/Tommy/WYWolfie/Veya names appear on one single topic!

Say something positive about a member or members everyone knows you don't agree with 2347854014 Ya, well intentions and misguided hypocrisy...seems to be strong vibe in here!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 15, 2016 12:47 pm

Didge....when I first joined I thought he was horrible. He is the only person I have ever put on ignore because his childish repetitive insults bored me to tears.

Then I realised I couldn't read the threads he started....which are often very interesting (not the long monologue ones...the others) so I looked and listened at his posts, ignored the insults, and found he often said some very insightful things. I quite like him now...well till he calls me 'pondlife' again I do. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 15, 2016 12:50 pm

4EVER2 wrote:Ya, right; been here done that - get to read once again how your pack attack TEAM don't like
a.)my typing method
I'll pass on this, yet another place to shred fellow members under the guise of 'lets play nice' Evil or Very Mad

I didn't see the thread in that way.
You do tend to have a bit of a persecution complex 4Ever....for everyone who doesn't like you there will be someone who does....why not go with that instead of resenting the ones who don't 'get' you. Cool
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 15, 2016 12:54 pm

Syl wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:Ya, right; been here done that - get to read once again how your pack attack TEAM don't like
a.)my typing method
You do tend to have a bit of a persecution complex 4Ever....for everyone who doesn't like you there will be someone who does....go with that instead of resenting the ones who don't 'get' you. Cool
RIGHTY...and for someone that doesn't troll my every post so you don't get the enjoyment from the kindergarten pack attack --- your words have little value for the method that is used around here!  But thanks for those HAPPY THOUGHTS Rolling Eyes
BTW - I left my 'give-a-shit' about peer groups back in my childhood days; isn't that what grown ups do?  Persecution MY ASS! No

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 15, 2016 1:04 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
Syl wrote:
You do tend to have a bit of a persecution complex 4Ever....for everyone who doesn't like you there will be someone who does....go with that instead of resenting the ones who don't 'get' you. Cool
RIGHTY...and for someone that doesn't troll my every post so you don't get the enjoyment from the kindergarten pack attack --- your words have little value for the method that is used around here!  But thanks for those HAPPY THOUGHTS Rolling Eyes
BTW - I left my 'give-a-shit' about peer groups back in my childhood days; isn't that what grown ups do?  Persecution MY ASS! No

This forum is dignified in it's trolling compared to some I have been on....so I don't really get the foutrage tbh.

My words probably do have little value to you...that's OK, but I speak from my own experience, I have been trolled a LOT more than you ever are on her 4Ever, and I'm sure many others have to.
I never played the 'victim' card....which btw REAL trolls love....I don't see many here, you obviously do, so good luck.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun May 15, 2016 1:18 pm

a.)my typing method

I said that 90% of your posts contain abuse if that helps. You can't mean me though because you have me on ignore, right? Surprised
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun May 15, 2016 1:19 pm

Hmmmmm, Zack maybe. I do sometimes disapprove of his posts, but I still think he's OK.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun May 15, 2016 1:58 pm

This is going to descend into a shit fest!

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun May 15, 2016 2:09 pm

Some may not like my views... but at least they are consistent in being unable to prove me wrong!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 15, 2016 2:37 pm

IT will only turn into a shit fest if people don't take it for what it is and for the spirit it was started in.

So no more moaning people. If you have nothing positive to say - then stay away!

It's simple really.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Original Quill Sun May 15, 2016 6:36 pm

Syl wrote:
a.)my typing method

You do tend to have a bit of a persecution complex 4Ever....for everyone who doesn't like you there will be someone who does....why not go with that instead of resenting the ones who don't 'get' you. Cool

I don't know...some people allow the peripheral stuff to get to them.  I don't see 4Eva as anything but clever.  And yes...I do remember a few days ago when the conservatives went apoplectic over her...and me, for voicing my view that she was just harmlessly being creative.

Now, of course, the symbols and icons have become legend for their idea of insults.  It's a good lesson on how hostilities reinforce themselves.

This thread, incidentally, had the best of intentions, and seems to be turning out to have the worst of results.  Razz

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun May 15, 2016 6:43 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

I don't know...some people allow the peripheral stuff to get to them.  I don't see 4Eva as anything but clever.  And yes...I do remember a few days ago when the conservatives went apoplectic over her...and me, for voicing my view that she was just harmlessly being creative.

Now, of course, the symbols and icons have become legend for their idea of insults.  It's a good lesson on how hostilities reinforce themselves.

This thread, incidentally, had the best of intentions, and seems to be turning out to have the worst of results.  Razz

It won't work out well if you criticise others for not liking 4ever or for not thinking she's all the things you think she is. You are entitled to like her of course, but leave others out of it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 15, 2016 6:46 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

As if often the case on forums. Razz
I think it's something to do with the written word being harsher than the spoken word in so far no smile, or gentle tone of voice can soften the blow of realising that someone once didn't like you.
Instead of concentrating on the view that you have won someone round, you home in on the fact that once they thought so little of you. tongue
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 15, 2016 6:49 pm

Stormee wrote:I can only offer positives to the nice, truthful, sincere, respectable people on forums, tiz obvious who they are.

Trailer trash the foul mouthed and liars on any forum know who they are and have a chance of attaining the heights of respectable people, IF THEY WANT TOO, their choice.

Funny, when the phrase 'trailer trash' comes up, the word 'STORMEE' appears in my head in letters six feet high and illuminated.   Respectable definitely doesn't apply to anyone who supports Britain First.

Say something nice out you - your a human being - I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 15, 2016 6:55 pm

Peer group: who's on the
A team = aren't we the popular cute/pat each others fanny - atta boy - you sure don't upset anyone here group

B team = all of those lesser thinking that just don't quite SUCK UP as often as the 'A TEAM' would like us too and now we have a place to tally votes and compare notes and see who likes someone more!

Seriously --- and yes, Syl...it is all about perception;
You having not been in 'MY SHOES' can't speak for me and yet you just keep providing me snippets of---well in my day - when this happened to me.  What was that about the 'Stephford Wives Mentality'??? 
Indeed, we all think uniquely different and THANK GOD AND GRAY HOUND FOR THAT! 

Now leave off my name - my avatar and do as Eddie keeps asking you; return to the AGENDA and keep sucking up! Say something positive about a member or members everyone knows you don't agree with 1069003512

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Sun May 15, 2016 6:56 pm

Well that went well didn't it?!
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 15, 2016 6:58 pm

4EVER2 wrote:Peer group: who's on the
A team = aren't we the popular cute/pat each others fanny - atta boy - you sure don't upset anyone here group

B team = all of those lesser thinking that just don't quite SUCK UP as often as the 'A TEAM' would like us too and now we have a place to tally votes and compare notes and see who likes someone more!

You having not been in 'MY SHOES' can't speak for me and yet you just keep providing me snippets of---well in my day - when this happened to me.  What was that about the 'Stephford Wives Mentality'??? 

Now leave off my name - my avatar and do as Eddie keeps asking you; return to the AGENDA and keep sucking up! Say something positive about a member or members everyone knows you don't agree with 1069003512

lol!

Stop providing me with new material and you can be sure I wont mention your delicate little name again your majesty. Say something positive about a member or members everyone knows you don't agree with 2385359624
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Sun May 15, 2016 7:01 pm

The Syl wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:Peer group: who's on the

lol!

Stop providing me with new material and you can be sure I wont mention your delicate little name again your majesty. Say something positive about a member or members everyone knows you don't agree with 2385359624
Laughing
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun May 15, 2016 7:02 pm

4ever just wrecked this thread basically. clappy
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Sun May 15, 2016 7:08 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:4ever just wrecked this thread basically. clappy
And yet Stormee will get the blame!
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun May 15, 2016 7:11 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:4ever just wrecked this thread basically. clappy
And yet Stormee will get the blame!

Of course. Everything is Stormee's fault. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun May 15, 2016 9:27 pm

Thanks, folks. I learned a good lesson here.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down