NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On track to Win Eurovision

+4
Miffs2
eddie
'Wolfie
veya_victaous
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

On track to Win Eurovision  - Page 2 Empty On track to Win Eurovision

Post by veya_victaous Sat May 14, 2016 7:27 am

First topic message reminder :

DAMI Im believes she can win Eurovision for Australia after being voted into the grand final of the world’s biggest singing competition.

Im’s triumphant performance of Sound of Silence in the semi-final saw Australia join Latvia, Georgia, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Serbia, Poland, Israel, Lithuania and Belgium to progress into the grand final, which airs at 5am Sunday morning in Australia.

“I’m quite competitive, I want to win this for Australia,” Im told News Corp this morning.

“Obviously the other contestants want to win as well, but I’m confident and I’m going to give it my best.”

Im has been praised for nailing her performance of the ballad, which includes many of the sky-high vocal notes Eurovision is famous for.

Bookies are tipping highly Im’s chances of Eurovision glory. She is second favourite behind Russia.

“I was actually quite nervous before the performance but the people in the room were amazing, they were a really enthusiastic crowd,” she said.

“They started singing along and they were very welcoming. I felt really good by the end of it.

Unlike Guy Sebastian last year, who was automatically fast-tracked into the grand final, Im had to be voted into the grand final.

Had she lost in the semi-final she would have been eliminated from the competition — this morning favourites including Ireland, represented by former Westlife singer Nicky Byrne, went home.

Her victory has also silenced many who felt Australia had been given special treatment and didn’t belong in the event.

“I’m very grateful and so relieved that Europe has voted for me,” Im said. “It’s great that I’ve earned my place here with peoples’ support. It feels great that me and the Dami Army are going together and doing this as a team.”

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

On track to Win Eurovision  - Page 2 Empty Re: On track to Win Eurovision

Post by Raggamuffin Sun May 15, 2016 7:46 pm

sassy wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I clearly have a more frivolous view of Eurovision than you.

Or maybe a more frivolous view of invasion and the priorities it brings out.

If you say so. I just like the music really - something lively.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 15, 2016 8:17 pm

Wow, just had a look at the map.   We have been disussing this and we have a guest from Ukraine and one from Moscow!

PS, Ukraine one went as I posted.   Moscow one still there.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 15, 2016 8:44 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
sassy wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/may/15/moscow-kiev-ukraine-eurovision-russia-boycott-jamala-1944

Yep, that is what the song was about, but it was also a dig about the invasion that is ongoing.

I agree with the Russians. It's a song contest, not a political platform.

Totally agree
Fuck politica - it's a song contest and once a year!!!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2