NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

60,000 inhabitants told to evacuated ahead of wildfires in Canada!

+9
'Wolfie
veya_victaous
Cass
Ben Reilly
HoratioTarr
Original Quill
Tommy Monk
captain
eddie
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

60,000 inhabitants told to evacuated ahead of wildfires in Canada!  - Page 3 Empty 60,000 inhabitants told to evacuated ahead of wildfires in Canada!

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2016 12:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

Entire city evacuated amid massive Canada wildfire
By Amanda Jackson and Dave Alsup, CNN

updated 0836 GMT (1536 HKT) May 4, 2016

60,000 inhabitants told to evacuated ahead of wildfires in Canada!  - Page 3 160503231011-fort-mcmurray-fire-vo-bts-00001324-super-169

(CNN)Authorities ordered the mandatory evacuation of the entire Canadian city of Fort McMurray in northern Alberta amid a raging wildfire.
Alberta officials issued an expanded order Tuesday. Nearly 53,000 people had moved to safer ground, authorities said.
Extremely high temperatures and low humidity fueled the blaze, leaving firefighters battling "explosive" conditions.
"All our efforts to control and contain the fire were challenged by this extreme fire behavior," said Bernie Schmitte, the forestry manager. "Efforts were also hampered by smoke conditions. Basically fire behavior was beyond all control efforts."
No injuries or casualties have been reported.
Nine air tankers and 100 firefighters have been battling the blaze, which began Sunday. The fire was estimated to be 7,400 acres as of Tuesday, according CBC News.
Homes, businesses engulfed
The blaze has engulfed homes and businesses but the exact number of burned structures is unknown, according to the Alberta Emergency Management Agency.
With a population of more than 60,000 in Fort McMurray, the evacuation is the largest in Alberta's history, according to CBC News. Authorities said the number of people evacuated so far is an estimate and the full picture will emerge when the blaze is contained.
The only hospital in the city, Northern Lights Regional Health Centre, evacuated all 105 patients, the Alberta Government said.
Prime Minster Justin Trudeau tweeted his support.
"My thoughts are with people affected by the fire in Fort McMurray tonight," he posted. "We stand ready to help."
Residents used social media to share their images of the massive wildfire enclosing their town.
"I am out. I am safe," tweeted one resident. "I've never been more scared in my life. Praying for my home right now."

William Stephen Jeffery captured video of the black smoke and orange flames approaching a building in Fort McMurray.
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/05/03/world/fort-mcmurray-alberta-fire-canada-irpt/index.html 

And I thought living through our April KS wild fires were horrible...I can't imagine trying to evacuate an entire town of this size this rapidly; they'd been trying to stop this fire since Sunday!  Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

60,000 inhabitants told to evacuated ahead of wildfires in Canada!  - Page 3 Empty Re: 60,000 inhabitants told to evacuated ahead of wildfires in Canada!

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2016 8:41 pm

eddie wrote:
Paul Ettinger wrote:How on earth did I get dragged into this from both sides? lol

Because it's a forum and everyone's a whiner?

Just find it even more amusing that your point of attack against each other is how you both treat me.

The irony is quite epic

Back to top Go down

60,000 inhabitants told to evacuated ahead of wildfires in Canada!  - Page 3 Empty Re: 60,000 inhabitants told to evacuated ahead of wildfires in Canada!

Post by eddie Sun May 08, 2016 8:43 pm

sassy wrote:
eddie wrote:4ever will you fucking well leave off the shitfest you seem to need to throw at people???

The thread has diverted a few times and so what?????
All threads divert!!

So shut up with your continual nit-picking at me you pain in the arse and if you don't like it then fuck off somewhere else.

Okay? Got it?? Good!
I'm just about sick of you trashing me and everyone else.

See the goodnight/good morning thread???

IT AINT ABOUT FLOWERS OR FIRES OR THE WEATHER but do you see me acting like some stupid twat and saying "Oooh stick to the topic 4ever!"

Just shut it. For the love of God.

Hold on here a minute Eds, he was asked by Veya to stop it and Veya created a new thread because of it, but instead of posting in that, Tommy keeps on doing it on this one.   So a mod HAS told him to stop and he won't, so why shouldn't people complain?   He's doing it because he's an arsehole, and that is what is annoying, especially when a mod has told him previously.

Sassy if you wasn't so biased it would be funny.
You've gone off topic loads of times! We all have, including Miss Ranty-pants.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2016 8:45 pm

You seem be having a serious 'EMOTIONAL/hysterical' driven day; perhaps if you'd back the hell away from your PC you'd find that your reasoning and thought process has gone straight to shit.
Between this insane response and your continue vulgar replies to Didge on the 'Moon & Period' topic you've become quite unbalanced and far from reality!  And it's a pathetic thing to read.

BTW --- the 2 reported posts were yesterday; good grief you really have gone off the tracks.  But keep allowing your side car companion/troll to egg you on and be your cheer leader --- her quality of thought has little value for anything else!  Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 08, 2016 8:52 pm

I didn't receive any reports yesterday.....hang on

I DIDNT RECEIVE ANY REPORTS YESTERDAY (better?)

And you are, quite simply, the biggest ranter by far on here so excuse me if I laugh.

Now do pipe down and get back to the topic prissy knickers.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2016 8:57 pm

I am just going to say one important point here

Eddie is not the only moderator

So any report should be to multiple admin to then investigate....

This need not continue on here either, it should be taken up via a PM to all of them

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 08, 2016 9:05 pm

Paul Ettinger wrote:I am just going to say one important point here

This need not continue on here either, it should be taken up via a PM to all of them

And it's a valid point made more so, by the fact I didn't even get a report via pm and if mods ever ignore a pm then it kinda tells the poster that the point/report isn't worth bothering with.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2016 9:09 pm

eddie wrote:
sassy wrote:

Hold on here a minute Eds, he was asked by Veya to stop it and Veya created a new thread because of it, but instead of posting in that, Tommy keeps on doing it on this one.   So a mod HAS told him to stop and he won't, so why shouldn't people complain?   He's doing it because he's an arsehole, and that is what is annoying, especially when a mod has told him previously.

Sassy if you wasn't so biased it would be funny.
You've gone off topic loads of times! We all have, including Miss Ranty-pants.

Yes Eds, of course we have - but not after a new thread has been made for the off topic bits.   And I'll leave it at that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun May 08, 2016 9:13 pm

The new thread was created to hide Veyas own racist and abusive posts...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2016 9:15 pm

TY, for you well intentioned input but as I'm learning...the method for moderation will always depend upon:
A. whose on duty
B. whom the post is regarding
C. whether or not the MOD is in the Right Frame of Mind to enforce the RULES Suspect

And throw all 3 into a bag - shake the shit out of it and see what falls out and your guess is as good as mine.  Rolling Eyes   But I have reported the vulgar word that was used by her majesty on the topic where she's gone 'POSTAL' and used a word that LordFoul clearly stated was to be forbidden ever to be used again in this community and then the thread was locked and down in the basement. 
Hysterical mood swings plus short term memory problems seem to plague little Eddie to her own embarrassment!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 08, 2016 9:27 pm

Who the crap cares? Rolling Eyes

Do you know how many times we've let you off for your behaviour?
Do you know how little I care about you reporting me?
Do you know you're derailing your very own thread by harping on and on?

Give. It. Up.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2016 9:42 pm

eddie wrote:Who the crap cares? Rolling Eyes

Do you know how many times we've let you off for your behaviour?
Do you know how little I care about you reporting me?
Do you know you're derailing your very own thread by harping on and on?

Give. It. Up.

60,000 inhabitants told to evacuated ahead of wildfires in Canada!  - Page 3 Check-mark-smiley-emoticon-emoji And how many TROLLING POSTS just about 'ME'
and my...let see: you hate my posts - hate my ole lady stories - hate my way of using CAPS - hate my emotion images - hate - hate - HATE

And yet your continual mantra is 'YOU DO NOT HOLD A GRUDGE'...{you do drag Didge's past around like it's your badge of glory to keep telling}

Just a suggestion...but should you have a doctors appointment coming up soon, it might behoove you to make a LIST of your emotional upheavals and irrational out bursts --- there is medication for such mood swings and it might prevent further hysteria days --- LIKE THIS ONE! 60,000 inhabitants told to evacuated ahead of wildfires in Canada!  - Page 3 2385359624

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 08, 2016 10:08 pm

I'll be sure to show the doctor your opinion for his records on my mental health so he can make some notes and I'll be sure to let you know what he thinks, how about that for a compromise?!

I'll also be sure to let the police know too about the derailed thread (Never know who to contact in the emergency situation of a "derailed thread", have you got a number?)

I don't "hate" any of the things you just mentioned about your posts. I'm positive Ive never said that I hate anything, so don't read into things too much, especially on a forum.

Really. It's not worth it.

Back to the fire now.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2016 10:35 pm

4EVER2 wrote:

TY, for you well intentioned input but as I'm learning...the method for moderation will always depend upon:
A. whose on duty
C. whether or not the MOD is in the Right Frame of Mind to enforce the RULES Suspect

And throw all 3 into a bag - shake the shit out of it and see what falls out and your guess is as good as mine.  Rolling Eyes   But I have reported the vulgar word that was used by her majesty on the topic where she's gone 'POSTAL' and used a word that LordFoul clearly stated was to be forbidden ever to be used again in this community and then the thread was locked and down in the basement. 
Hysterical mood swings plus short term memory problems seem to plague little Eddie to her own embarrassment!

A) 3 Mods have been online today, Ben, Eddie and Lord Foul, the later two have been around on and off all day.
B) That does not matter, as you have a choice of Mods to report to
C) Is being antsy, based on your view of one mod in particular, not the others.

So to sum up, you have fail to inform the Mod team, as nobody has said a thing on this thread from the Mod team, though I could stand to be later corrected.
You thus have a situation where no rule has be broken as decided upon by the team as a whole and not going by your view based on what Veya did the night before.

One thing I have learned is the Mod team often decide over matters.
Now what ever I have clashed with Eddie today, that is forum antics, but this is just being petty by you only singling out one Mod, because you are unhappy, they have not agreed with your complaint.

Which leaves you two choices.
Do what is required and report to all Mods and await their decisions.
Or ignore Tommy's posts if they bother you so much, the fact he is clueless on global warming is besides the point and if you hit him over the head with the evidence and facts, he would still argue that black was white.
So there is a simple solution here really, just carry on with the debate

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun May 08, 2016 10:45 pm

Heard a BBC news presenter yesterday talking to a mcmurry local fire rep... the news man raised the point about the number of species needing fires in the area to reproduce and survive etc and it being a normal event... and the local mcmurry man said it was completely true...!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2016 11:57 pm

Paul Ettinger wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:

A. whose on duty

A) 3 Mods have been online today, Ben, Eddie and Lord Foul, the later two have been around on and off all day.
B) That does not matter, as you have a choice of Mods to report to
C) Is being antsy, based on your view of one mod in particular, not the others.

So to sum up, you have fail to inform the Mod team, as nobody has said a thing on this thread from the Mod team, though I could stand to be later corrected.
You thus have a situation where no rule has be broken as decided upon by the team as a whole and not going by your view based on what Veya did the night before.

One thing I have learned is the Mod team often decide over matters.
Now what ever I have clashed with Eddie today, that is forum antics, but this is just being petty by you only singling out one Mod, because you are unhappy, they have not agreed with your complaint.

Which leaves you two choices.
Do what is required and report to all Mods and await their decisions.
Or ignore Tommy's posts if they bother you so much, the fact he is clueless on global warming is besides the point and if you hit him over the head with the evidence and facts, he would still argue that black was white.
So there is a simple solution here really, just carry on with the debate

Just a minor few points of error in your thought processes there Didge:
A.) using the 'REPORT' function doesn't allow you the option to follow up on WHOM the moderator is that actually reads/responds/or even acknowledges that they read the report --- it just goes into the Report Pool and sits there until some one does something with it or just DUMPS it
B.) this topic wasn't a 'DEBATE' it was just an interesting/tragic current event that was of particular interest to 'ME' since my husband was born there in McCurry - Veya pulled off the distracting BS and admonished the utter fool of TOMMY and put them into the current topic down in the basement.  Much to his whining/foot stamping displeasure...and Tommy set about to just keep derailing it and attacking anything that he could because he was being a TOTAL ASS-SWIPE and then members started responding to his posts. 

And "NO"...I did not FAIL to notify the MOD TEAM...even Veya has clearly stated that there is something WRONG with the system and as I had the 'CODE' accepted both times for both reports --- 60,000 inhabitants told to evacuated ahead of wildfires in Canada!  - Page 3 2190311264  
You don't know WTF happened either...but thank you for your off base concern; you have enough bonfires going without taking on another issue that little Eddie tossed the grenades into ...but your concern is noted!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2016 5:26 am

a)  You failed to report to any of them

b)  Irrelevant, based on your subjective view

c)  I do not care, use the facilities like everyone else and either like it of lump it

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 09, 2016 11:01 am

And back of the topic:

Canada wildfire advance 'slows' as evacuations finish

Fort McMurray Fire Captain Adam Bugden: "I've met more heroes in this experience than I ever thought existed"
A huge wildfire ravaging the Canadian province of Alberta has grown more slowly than feared, officials say.

Firefighters have held key areas and the blaze now covers about 621 sq miles (1,610 sq km) - less than the 700 sq miles estimated on Saturday.

But it could be months before the fire is fully brought under control.

More than 100,000 residents of Fort McMurray have fled the blaze. Alberta Premier Rachel Notley said has spoken of "very difficult conditions".

Chad Morrison from Alberta wildfire told the news conference he had some "good news".

"With a little help from mother nature and a bit of a break in the weather, and credit to the all the hard work of all the firefighters we were able to hold most of the line in Fort McMurray," he said.

One evacuee described the fire as majestic and menacing
The wildfire is now said to be about 30-40 km (18-24 mi) from the neighbouring province of Saskatchewan, but is yet to spill over, despite an earlier report.

Air quality warnings have been issued for Saskatchewan and Northwest Territories, with locals advised to close windows and doors due to smoke.

Its advance has been fuelled by hot weather and tinder-dry terrain and officials warned only significant rainfall would halt its advance.

In pictures: Canada's devastating wildfire
Odd items evacuees took with them
How wildfires start and how to stop them
'Perfect storm' boosted Alberta fires
Residents flee fire
The fire is expected to be the most expensive natural disaster in Canadian history, with insurance costs alone already running into billions of dollars.

The blaze ruined entire neighbourhoods in Fort McMurray, with residents warned it could be some time before they can return.

Officials say the power grid is damaged and the water undrinkable.

No deaths or injuries have been reported from the fire, but two people died in traffic accidents during the evacuation.

Some 1,600 homes and other buildings have been lost, a figure likely to rise.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Mon May 09, 2016 1:13 pm

Those poor people. I can't imagine what they are going through. I have seen bush fires in Australia and it was terrifying.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3