NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Explosives found at Harvard - campus evacuated

4 posters

Go down

Explosives found at Harvard - campus evacuated Empty Explosives found at Harvard - campus evacuated

Post by Guest Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:07 pm

Evacuations underway at Harvard University after reports of possible explosives on campus,

The Cambridge, Massachusetts university has issued an alert after possible explosives were found in four campus buildings at the Ivy League school.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/explosives-found-harvard-university-campus-report-article-1.1549083

Back to top Go down

Explosives found at Harvard - campus evacuated Empty Re: Explosives found at Harvard - campus evacuated

Post by Irn Bru Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:16 pm

Hi there Loki,

Let's hope none of these devices go off and the disposal experts can disable then without anyone being hurt.

And welcome to the forum

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Explosives found at Harvard - campus evacuated Empty Re: Explosives found at Harvard - campus evacuated

Post by Guest Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:18 pm

Irn Bru wrote:Hi there Loki,

Let's hope none of these devices go off and the disposal experts can disable then without anyone being hurt.

And welcome to the forum

Thank you. There's no more news as yet - maybe some students want to get out of their finals!

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:22 pm

Loki wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:Hi there Loki,

And welcome to the forum

Thank you.  There's no more news as yet - maybe some students want to get out of their finals!

Maybe so Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:39 pm

That would be an extreme way of doing it, setting off the fire alarm might have been less trouble lol I do hope it turns out to be nothing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:54 pm

A few people have tweeted (authoritatively) that it's a hoax, but I haven't seen any actual quotes from authorities yet.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:13 pm

they were saying on TV this morning that it was a hoax
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:16 pm

What a stupid hoax to play, I hope they lock them up!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:22 pm

@sassy
I dont, it is the trope from how many 80's/90's tv shows to pull fire alarm or call in a Bomb threat to avoid an exam?
they should be punished but in a way more fitting with 80's youth films
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:31 pm

veya_victaous wrote:@sassy
I dont, it is the trope from how many 80's/90's  tv shows to pull fire alarm or call in a Bomb threat to avoid an exam?

Pull a fire alarm ok, but didn't it say that there were objects found? That's a whole different ball game, you would have had people really frightened.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:48 pm

No I think it nothing was found, last i heard it was all over a hoax phone call.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:50 pm

That's different then, I'd read they found things. Hellava way to get out of exams, I wonder what they will do about everyone resitting them?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:34 am

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/12/18/harvard-university-bomb-student-eldo-kim-hoax_n_4464163.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:02 pm

veya_victaous wrote:@sassy
I dont, it is the trope from how many 80's/90's  tv shows to pull fire alarm or call in a Bomb threat to avoid an exam?

What made to have a mullet? Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:06 am

Explosives found at Harvard - campus evacuated Enhanced-buzz-24754-1387321890-9

Guy's name was Eldo Kim, a student at Harvard. He phoned in the false alarm to get out of an exam. Funny thing, students and associates said he was one of the most likely students to pass the exam.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down