NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luton Airport Evacuated As 'Suspect Package' Found

2 posters

Go down

Luton Airport Evacuated As 'Suspect Package' Found Empty Luton Airport Evacuated As 'Suspect Package' Found

Post by Guest Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:53 pm

Luton Airport has been evacuated after a "suspicious item" was found in the terminal building at around 2pm Monday.

All incoming flights suspended and thousands of passengers have been moved to the airport's car park area. The approach road to the airport has also been closed.

A bomb disposal squad from Royal Logistic Corps was seen entering the building, and is working to establish what the package is.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/09/08/luton-airport-bomb-threat-package-evacuated_n_5784026.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down

Luton Airport Evacuated As 'Suspect Package' Found Empty Re: Luton Airport Evacuated As 'Suspect Package' Found

Post by Guest Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:12 pm

Didge wrote:Luton Airport has been evacuated after a "suspicious item" was found in the terminal building at around 2pm Monday.

All incoming flights suspended and thousands of passengers have been moved to the airport's car park area. The approach road to the airport has also been closed.

A bomb disposal squad from Royal Logistic Corps was seen entering the building, and is working to establish what the package is.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/09/08/luton-airport-bomb-threat-package-evacuated_n_5784026.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Hi Didge I love you  x

Hope you're well? It's taken a long while to sort this but Sky News are saying that a controlled explosion has taken place and the airport is now in the process of reopening:  http://news.sky.com/story/1332194/luton-airport-evacuated-flights-diverted

All these alerts along with planes disappearing, being shot down, losing oxygen in the cabin is making me nervous.  I thought travel by air had the best safety record??? Luton Airport Evacuated As 'Suspect Package' Found Scared28

Back to top Go down

Luton Airport Evacuated As 'Suspect Package' Found Empty Re: Luton Airport Evacuated As 'Suspect Package' Found

Post by Guest Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:51 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Didge wrote:Luton Airport has been evacuated after a "suspicious item" was found in the terminal building at around 2pm Monday.

Hi Didge I love you  x

Hope you're well? It's taken a long while to sort this but Sky News are saying that a controlled explosion has taken place and the airport is now in the process of reopening:  http://news.sky.com/story/1332194/luton-airport-evacuated-flights-diverted

All these alerts along with planes disappearing, being shot down, losing oxygen in the cabin is making me nervous.  I thought travel by air had the best safety record??? Luton Airport Evacuated As 'Suspect Package' Found Scared28

Hi FTL.x

Not sure if this was an actual bomb and they took no chances, but expect more this to happen i the near furture. It still has on of the best records for travel and we should not allow ourselves to brought about by fear, as this is what such terrorist groups want. There will be as I say more situations like this, which will create delays for everyone, but would rather be delayed and better safe than sorry.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:29 pm

I hate flying as it is. No
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:31 pm

Didge wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Hi Didge I love you  x

Hi FTL.x

Not sure if this was an actual bomb and they took no chances, but expect more this to happen i the near furture. It still has on of the best records for travel and we should not allow ourselves to brought about by fear, as this is what such terrorist groups want. There will be as I say more situations like this, which will create delays for everyone, but would rather be delayed and better safe than sorry.

I guess time will tell Didge, I'm away again soon; would it stop me travelling, of course not.  If the worst must happen it damn well better happen on the way home, I've a 2 week reservation on that sunlounger Luton Airport Evacuated As 'Suspect Package' Found Sunbat14 x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:32 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Didge wrote:

Hi FTL.x

I guess time will tell Didge, I'm away again soon; would it stop me travelling, of course not.  If the worst must happen it damn well better happen on the way home, I've a 2 week reservation on that sunlounger Luton Airport Evacuated As 'Suspect Package' Found Sunbat14 x

Cool, and some FTL time to be had, hope you enjoy your break.x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:32 pm

eddie wrote:I hate flying as it is. No

The take off and landing are the best!  Luton Airport Evacuated As 'Suspect Package' Found Plane_12

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:32 pm

I was just looking to book some time away in Easter next year.....now I'm a little put off if I'm honest.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:06 am

Of all the airports that I have been through in the UK Luton is by far the worst with Stansted not far behind. It's a melting pot with a departure lounge system that is ridiculous in that you don't know the gate that you will be leaving from until the plane is practically in place on the stand.
You have to fight for a decent seat and guard it with your life.
It must have been hell there yesterday.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:44 pm

Irn Bru wrote:Of all the airports that I have been through in the UK Luton is by far the worst with Stansted not far behind. It's a melting pot with a departure lounge system that is ridiculous in that you don't know the gate that you will be leaving from until the plane is practically in place on the stand.
You have to fight for a decent seat and guard it with your life.
It must have been hell there yesterday.

I haven't flown from Luton since I was 8 and lost my leather purse with a horse on the front Sad Someone handed it in with my holiday pennies still inside and my parents picked it up on our return I love you x

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:18 pm

FTL can you recommend somewhere nice in the dom rep?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down