NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sexual Violence ‘Blighting The Lives’ Of Teenagers MPs Warn As Inquiry Launched

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sexual Violence ‘Blighting The Lives’ Of Teenagers MPs Warn As Inquiry Launched Empty Sexual Violence ‘Blighting The Lives’ Of Teenagers MPs Warn As Inquiry Launched

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:28 am

Sexualized behaviour is the “new social norm” for teenagers a report published on Tuesday has found, as MPs announce a new inquiry into sexual violence in schools. A survey commissioned by the Commons women and equalities committee found sexually charged behaviour “drives young people’s physical interactions and permeates through to their 24-hour-a-day life online”. Conservative MP Maria Miller, the chair of the committee, said sexual harassment and sexual violence in schools was having “a profound impact” on young people.
“We need to address this issue now, and stop it from blighting the lives of another generation of young people – both male and female,” she said. “We’re asking teachers, students, parents, youth organisations and anyone else with an interest in this subject to share their knowledge and experience with us. We’ll use this evidence to find the most effective measures to reduce levels of sexual harassment and sexual violence in schools.”
The committee has asked 300 young people for their views on how sexual harassment has impacted their lives.

“Lad culture is a big issue; it is really common. In my school lads would come up to girls and grab their ass, try and push them into the changing rooms and stuff and then say don’t get upset it’s just banter.” Gemma, 22.

“A girl in my school took intimate pictures and sent them to a guy. He sent them to the whole school. It was just that everyone was doing it. She thought it would make him love her.” Laura, 20.

“This girl was staying at my house. She took a photo of me in bath and put it on Facebook. I had like 100 and something friend requests, some people thinking it was a joke. I had one more exam but I ended up not going in. I didn’t leave the house for four months.” Dani, 21.

The report found that of those asked, 17% said there were no adults they could turn to at school when they had a problem.

And more than a third (37%) said students did not treat each other with respect.

Just over half (58%) were concerned that teachers did not understand the pressures of life outside of school.

The report said young people feel “pressurised into having sex otherwise they’re branded ‘frigid’ by their peers”.

“There is a sense that boys have an ‘entitlement’ to girls and some report being ‘bullied for being a virgin.’

“Our research with young people aged over 16 has found that sexualised behaviour is the new social norm in young people’s daily lives and adults and institutions need to ‘face up to it’.” Data published in September 2015 showed that 5,500 sexual offences were recorded in UK schools over a three year period, including 600 rapes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/sexual-violence-blighting-the-lives-of-teenagers-mps-warn-as-inquiry-launched_uk_5714efdee4b0f22f0219f35c?utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down

Sexual Violence ‘Blighting The Lives’ Of Teenagers MPs Warn As Inquiry Launched Empty Re: Sexual Violence ‘Blighting The Lives’ Of Teenagers MPs Warn As Inquiry Launched

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:34 am

You seem to be obsessed with sexual issues Didge. Not enough stories about the merits of short skirts around today?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Sexual Violence ‘Blighting The Lives’ Of Teenagers MPs Warn As Inquiry Launched Empty Re: Sexual Violence ‘Blighting The Lives’ Of Teenagers MPs Warn As Inquiry Launched

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:42 am

I will ignore the last immature reply.

This is very troubling, due to the levels it is now at and goes more onto my points about how not enough is being done to teach youngsters to respect each other.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:37 am

Well of course teenagers are over sexualised and over sexualising themselves!
Parents seem to buy them inappropriate clothes and shops sell inappropriate clothes!
Parents let girls wear make up from a young age (have you seen some 12 year olds??!) there's sex all the time on TV, and social media has created a "Look at me and like me!" bunch of vain people.

Is it any wonder that that this is happening???
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:40 am

eddie wrote:Well of course teenagers are over sexualised and over sexualising themselves!
Parents seem to buy them inappropriate clothes and shops sell inappropriate clothes!
Parents let girls wear make up from a young age (have you seen some 12 year olds??!) there's sex all the time on TV, and social media has created a "Look at me and like me!" bunch of vain people.

Is it any wonder that that this is happening???

Again failing to understand the problem and now blaming clothes, which the report made zero mention of.
Is it a wonder when people like you fail to understand the problem and in fact offer excuses for sexual abuse?
Its about teaching respect.
People like you have not got the first clue what you are talking about as seen.
It should not matter how or what people dress like, as boys no matter what that girl is wearing will still do the same, if they believe that they can.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:40 am

All those pouting selfies on Facebook are awful. You'd think that girls would be bored with that look by now.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:42 am

Raggamuffin wrote:All those pouting selfies on Facebook are awful. You'd think that girls would be bored with that look by now.

Again blaming how people look.
Do you blame rape victims for how they look or dress?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:43 am

“A girl in my school took intimate pictures and sent them to a guy. He sent them to the whole school. It was just that everyone was doing it. She thought it would make him love her.” Laura, 20.

That was her own stupid fault for sending an intimate pic to a guy.

“This girl was staying at my house. She took a photo of me in bath and put it on Facebook. I had like 100 and something friend requests, some people thinking it was a joke. I had one more exam but I ended up not going in. I didn’t leave the house for four months.” Dani, 21.

Next time, lock the bathroom door. This time, report the girl to the police.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:45 am

Raggamuffin wrote:

That was her own stupid fault for sending an intimate pic to a guy.

Next time, lock the bathroom door. This time, report the girl to the police.

Wrong on both counts.
One the first is groomed and manipulated through being mislead on love
The friend had no right to take the picture and again you find no fault in that but to blame the victim who would have had no reason to fear such an event would happen

Again judging and blaming the victims

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:46 am

Groomed? lol
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:47 am

Raggamuffin wrote:Groomed? lol

Yes groomed, many boys try to manipulate and coerce girls into having sex

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:50 am

The report said young people feel “pressurised into having sex otherwise they’re branded ‘frigid’ by their peers”.

Female peers? If they call a girl frigid, that girl should just reply that they're obviously sluts.

Male peers? Just tell them that anyone would freeze up when confronted by such a poor specimen.

“There is a sense that boys have an ‘entitlement’ to girls and some report being ‘bullied for being a virgin.’

So why are girls telling boys that they're virgins? How is it their business?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:51 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
The report said young people feel “pressurised into having sex otherwise they’re branded ‘frigid’ by their peers”.

Female peers? If they call a girl frigid, that girl should just reply that they're obviously sluts.

Male peers? Just tell them that anyone would freeze up when confronted by such a poor specimen.

Wow
That is really going to help by using also derogative language towards other girls, not.
There is nothing wrong with anyone stating they are a virgin

In everything you miss the boat on
Its called having respect.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:51 am

didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Groomed? lol

It sounds like the girl was trying to "groom" the boy.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:52 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
didge wrote:

Well I guess it would sound like that to you, being as you constantly blame the victims
So its of no surprise really

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:53 am

didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Wow
That is really going to help by using also derogative language towards other girls, not.

What's wrong with telling a girl who accuses another girl of being frigid that she's obviously a slut?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:53 am

didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well I guess it would sound like that to you, being as you constantly blame the victims

She tried to entice him by sending an intimate picture of herself.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:54 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
didge wrote:

Wow

What's wrong with telling a girl who accuses another girl of being frigid that she's obviously a slut?

Neither she call each other such names, but respect each others life choices.
Seriously the boat sailed long ago without you didnt it?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:54 am

Didge you live in a different world to everyone else.
Surely you've noticed?

And if you patronise me again you can take your middle finger and stick it up your own stupid arse and swivel
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:55 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
didge wrote:

Again is that how you seer it?
Based on not understanding what motivated her?
Was she naive, pressured?
You have no idea to state based off a second hand account

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:57 am

didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Wow

"It's called having respect"

Yet you can't even respect someone you're debating with!!
You're like a bloody joke without the punchline.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:58 am

eddie wrote:Didge you live in a different world to everyone else.
Surely you've noticed?

And if you patronise me again you can take your middle finger and stick it up your own stupid arse and swivel

Eddie again you make an outlandish claim everyone agrees with you based on zero evidence and again stupidly think a consensus makes your views then right. T
When you post nonsense Eddie, I will say if its bollocks.
The sort of view that blames women for what they wear is on the same page as those that blame rape victims for what they wear.
I find that appalling and ignorant beyond belief
If you do not like it, then don't post ignorance
People like you make me sick to the core how you judge and blame the victims

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:58 am

didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Second hand account? So your source is not reliable then?

Find a more reliable one in future.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:59 am

eddie wrote:
didge wrote:

Wow

I do not respect people like rags and you, because you are so judgmental of others and I know neither of you from Adam.
In the real world I would not give either of you the time of day

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:00 pm

Of course what girls wear is going to send out a message. Anyone who thinks otherwise is away with the fairies.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:00 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
didge wrote:

Second hand account? So your source is not reliable then?

Find a more reliable one in future.

Its just not a full account and I do not have to do anything you say

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:00 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Of course what girls wear is going to send out a message. Anyone who thinks otherwise is away with the fairies.

Excusing rape and sexual violence now on a myth

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:00 pm

didge wrote:
eddie wrote:

I do not respect people like rags and you, because you are so judgmental of others and I know neither of you from Adam.

You wouldn't get the chance - one look at your drug-addled face and twitching fists, and anyone would avoid you before you even saw them.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:01 pm

didge wrote:
eddie wrote:Didge you live in a different world to everyone else.
Surely you've noticed?

Eddie again you make an outlandish claim everyone agrees with you based on zero evidence and again stupidly think a consensus makes your views then right. T
The sort of view that blames women for what they wear is on the same page as those that blame rape victims for what they wear.

Did I say I blamed victims? Please tell the post that made you ASSUME that?
I didn't say "the victims are to blame here" so you made that up.

I said that teens are over-sexualised nowadays and presented my OPINIONS as to why.

The rest of what you think I said or meant, was made up in your mind.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:02 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
didge wrote:

You wouldn't get the chance - one look at your drug-addled face and twitching fists, and anyone would avoid you before you even saw them.

Knowing you would have no wish to associate with me in the real world is very comforting

Thank yoiu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:03 pm

eddie wrote:
didge wrote:

Did I say I blamed victims? Please tell the post that made you ASSUME that?
I didn't say "the victims are to blame here" so you made that up.

I said that teens are over-sexualised nowadays and presented my OPINIONS as to why.

The rest of what you think I said or meant, was made up in your mind.

Yes you are blaming them based on how they dress, failing to understand the problem
You presented psuedo views on how they dress, as is this is the reason for then why boys think they can sexual abuse them
So that is your views, that went off blaming the victims

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:05 pm

didge wrote:
eddie wrote:
didge wrote:

Wow

No, your problem is your ego and the way your logic works; you are abusive when you find people don't agree with you and it's affected every relationship you've ever had - if you spoke to people like this face to face your have no one around you.....

You have now admitted you don't respect me as an online fellow debater, so any further discussion is pointless as your feeling toward someone you disrespect will cloud your judgment.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:07 pm

didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Knowing you would have no wish to associate with me in the real world is very comforting

Thank yoiu

No problem. It would save a lot of time and hassle for you to know in advance that I wouldn't have anything to do with a horrible person like you.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:08 pm

eddie wrote:
didge wrote:

No, your problem is your ego and the way your logic works; you are abusive when you find people don't agree with you and it's affected every relationship you've ever had - if you spoke to people like this face to face your have no one around you.....

You have now admitted you don't respect me as an online fellow debater, so any further discussion is pointless as your feeling toward someone you disrespect will cloud your judgment.

lol is that so Eddie, if that is what you believe you are well;come to that, it just proves you are completely immature, that you do not like people taking you to task over poor views you hold. The problems lies with you and not me.
You are not someone worthy of any respect, its as simple as that
Having no respect for someone does not mean you cannot have debates, that is just yet another poor excuse as a copout.
This is a forum, best you get used to the fact I am not here to be your friend but debate

Last edited by didge on Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:09 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
didge wrote:

Thank yoiu

No problem. It would save a lot of time and hassle for you to know in advance that I wouldn't have anything to do with a horrible person like you.

I am here to debate and this happens to lead to correcting you countless times.

People need to understand its a debate forum and not facebook

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:16 pm

didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You're not here to debate, you're here to try to bludgeon people into accepting your arrogance and generally stupid opinions. You're the one who started banging on about not wanting to know me in the real world. That's fine by me - you're like a drunk in the corner of a pub who just spouts off at everyone and then threatens them if they ignore him.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:30 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
didge wrote:

You're not here to debate, you're here to try to bludgeon people into accepting your arrogance and generally stupid opinions. You're the one who started banging on about not wanting to know me in the real world. That's fine by me - you're like a drunk in the corner of a pub who just spouts off at everyone and then threatens them if they ignore him.

I have never  forced anyone to accept my opinions, hence your reasoning is formed from the concept and mentality of a child.
I will reason and call people idiots when they are idiots
Its that simple.
As to your many continuous posts throwing the mot immature insults
They are water off a ducks back, it just further proves you are as to what many already think, a vile human being

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:32 pm

didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I have never  forced anyone to accept my opinions, hence your reasoning is formed from the concept and mentality of a child.
Its that simple.
They are water off a ducks back, it just further proves you are as to what many already think, a vile human being

Here's something which even you will understand - you're an idiot. Sexual Violence ‘Blighting The Lives’ Of Teenagers MPs Warn As Inquiry Launched 3489511464
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:33 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
didge wrote:

Its that simple.

Here's something which even you will understand - you're an idiot. Sexual Violence ‘Blighting The Lives’ Of Teenagers MPs Warn As Inquiry Launched 3489511464

Well judging by me far exceeding your knowledge and intelligence, that must make you a vegetable in mental capacity terms.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:37 pm

Anyway......

I agree with you rags in so much as girls (and boys) should be educated (even though they know all this) about taking naked pictures and sending them out into orbit.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:40 pm

eddie wrote:Anyway......

I agree with you rags in so much as girls (and boys) should be educated (even though they know all this) about taking naked pictures and sending them out into orbit.

I wouldn't have thought they'd need educating really, but it seems that some of them do. They know all about how to use their fancy phones, but they don't seem to have any common sense. Shouldn't these girls' mothers be warning them about the stupidity of some teenage boys?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:41 pm

So where I have stated on education around respect you now agree, but fail to realise that agrees with me.

wow, bet that was a bitter hard pill to swallow for you

You were a much better person as a poster, I really think this power has gone to your head

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:45 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

I wouldn't have thought they'd need educating really, but it seems that some of them do. They know all about how to use their fancy phones, but they don't seem to have any common sense. Shouldn't these girls' mothers be warning them about the stupidity of some teenage boys?

Well I suppose most mother do and would warn their teen girls, but teens are renowned for not listening and knowing better!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:46 pm

You see, I think that the problem is more that teenage girls compete with each other. There's so much emphasis on being "popular", and one of the ways they think they can be popular is to have loads of boys "fancy" them. That's why they wear the short skirts and do stupid things like send intimate pictures of themselves to boys. It's all made worse by Facebook and other social media. They just put their whole lives on there, along with those silly pouting selfies in order to impress others. There's no sense of privacy or decorum, and no self-respect - zilch.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:48 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well I suppose most mother do and would warn their teen girls, but teens are renowned for not listening and knowing better!

Well then they learn the hard way when they do something stupid. There's nothing anyone can do about that really.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:50 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Incredible, yet another sterotype, as many children do actually listen to their parents.
You maybe speaking from experience but the pool of people you know will be limited.
Again none of this detracts from the fact some boys think they can do as they please and are the major issue here

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:52 pm

didge wrote:

So where I have stated on education around respect you now agree, but fail to realise that agrees with me.

You were a much better person as a poster, I really think this power has gone to your head

So where did I ever say I disagreed with your points Didge?
You need to read back, you don't read posts properly (not even your own).

I disagreed with your disrespectful attitude.

I don't give a flying fuck whether you think I was better before, after, or during and
its not even relevant as I spoke to you as a poster today, so to coin a phrase you keep boring us with.....

That's a moot point.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:54 pm

eddie wrote:
didge wrote:

So where did I ever say I disagreed with your points Didge?
You need to read back, you don't read posts properly (not even your own).

I disagreed with your disrespectful attitude.

I don't give a flying fuck whether you think I was better before, after, or during and
its not even relevant as I spoke to you as a poster today, so to coin a phrase you keep boring us with.....

That's a moot point.

Errrr for one going off how they dress and parents buying them clothes that "you" deem inappropriate, when it has nothing to do with dress, but again boys believing they can abuse girls. That was what I first replied to and it is such ignorance that takes the view to wrongly blame girls.
You clearly do care by your potty mouth, back then I respected you, because you actually were far more honest.
I am just being honest to you, and its advice also, which you can take it or leave it

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:40 pm

The clothes that some teens and pre-teens dress in, and the way they dress isn't always appropriate.

I don't think 12 year old girls should walk about in make-up and look like girls twice their age.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:43 pm

eddie wrote:The clothes that some teens and pre-teens dress in, and the way they dress isn't always appropriate.

I don't think 12 year old girls should walk about in make-up and look like girls twice their age.

That is because you deciding what is appropriate, based on no sound reason but your own personal view point.
Though we are not generally talking about 12 year old girls based on this problem in the schools or that makeup is even a factor with this problem.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next