NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

**BEN** Texas Gets Pounded By Softball Sized Hail/High Winds/Flooding

3 posters

Go down

**BEN** Texas Gets Pounded By Softball Sized Hail/High Winds/Flooding Empty **BEN** Texas Gets Pounded By Softball Sized Hail/High Winds/Flooding

Post by Guest Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:53 pm

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/severe-thunderstorms-hail-pound-the-south 

Ferocious hail, winds pound the South as more bad weather looms        

WYLIE, Texas--Millions of Americans across the South could be facing a new round of dangerous weather on Tuesday.
A violent hail storm pounded parts of North Texas on Monday, causing serious damage to homes and businesses, and now the same storm system is sweeping through the Gulf states.
In hard-hit Wylie, Texas, CBS News correspondent Omar Villafranca says the ferocious storm punished everything in its path with torrential hail and winds blowing at almost 70 miles per hour.
The spring blast prompted tornado warnings and pummelled homes and businesses, knocking out power to more than 10,000 people.
"I've never been through anything like this before," said shell-shocked Wylie resident Jim Burton.
He and others could hear the glass shattering as massive hail stones -- some the size of baseballs -- shot through the windows of homes.
Emergency services were so overwhelmed that people were told to call 911 only if they faced a life threatening situation. "I'm just looking at the damage, just going 'where do I begin?'" Tim Tailor told CBS News. Parts of his home were ripped to shreds. Even as he spoke to CBS News, glass could still be heard falling from the broken window frames.
In Texarkana, Arkansas, strong winds sent trees crashing into homes.
"When I heard the boom, I ducked, and then I looked up, and there was a tree in my house," one woman said. "I heard hail and I said, 'oh Lord, just protect us from those trees," Bill Storey told CBS News. "I didn't start praying soon enough," he quipped, managing to find humor even in the toughest of times.
Schools in Wylie were to be closed Tuesday amid a massive cleanup effort, and with the threat of more thunderstorms later in the day still looming.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/wylie-texas-south-hail-severe-weather-storms-wind/

A friend sent me a home video; filmed while the tornado sirens were going off...showed her back patio/pool and pool house getting pounded and the total destruction of her 6' x 8' garden hot house!  **BEN** Texas Gets Pounded By Softball Sized Hail/High Winds/Flooding 3986371719

Back to top Go down

**BEN** Texas Gets Pounded By Softball Sized Hail/High Winds/Flooding Empty Re: **BEN** Texas Gets Pounded By Softball Sized Hail/High Winds/Flooding

Post by eddie Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:28 pm

Ben? Have you been swept away? Talk to us buddy! Sad
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

**BEN** Texas Gets Pounded By Softball Sized Hail/High Winds/Flooding Empty some photo's of the hail damage done in that region...

Post by Guest Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:15 pm

**BEN** Texas Gets Pounded By Softball Sized Hail/High Winds/Flooding 29906170001_4842588625001_thumb-6cff02f1a9c9e212950f6a706700c9fa

See the media called it 'baseball' sized hail...Noooo,
that's a larger-Softball sized hail storm ice ball~~~

**BEN** Texas Gets Pounded By Softball Sized Hail/High Winds/Flooding Wylie_hail

**BEN** Texas Gets Pounded By Softball Sized Hail/High Winds/Flooding 160412_atm_texas_hail_16x9_992

**BEN** Texas Gets Pounded By Softball Sized Hail/High Winds/Flooding HailDamage1

**BEN** Texas Gets Pounded By Softball Sized Hail/High Winds/Flooding Abilenehail

**BEN** Texas Gets Pounded By Softball Sized Hail/High Winds/Flooding 140603-blair-hail-damage-jms-2312_f14c73128c2037479049da1ea3a42015

**BEN** Texas Gets Pounded By Softball Sized Hail/High Winds/Flooding Rtx1chvp__1431869888

I'm not sure what Texas did to piss off 'Mother-Nature'
but you'd best start making amends --- QUICKLY.
This is just the start of tornado season~~~ Suspect

Last edited by 4EVER2 on Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pulling a copy of that map of destruction forward...)

Back to top Go down

**BEN** Texas Gets Pounded By Softball Sized Hail/High Winds/Flooding Empty Re: **BEN** Texas Gets Pounded By Softball Sized Hail/High Winds/Flooding

Post by Original Quill Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:26 pm

4Ever2 wrote:I'm not sure what Texas did to piss off 'Mother-Nature'
This is just the start of tornado season~~~

God is pissed-off at the south. Has been for several years.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:42 pm

Original Quill wrote:
4Ever2 wrote:I'm not sure what Texas did to piss off 'Mother-Nature'
This is just the start of tornado season~~~

God is pissed-off at the south.  Has been for several years.

IMO...all of those 'Pray Away The Gay' and such other idiotic events; but that's just my own version of 'WHY'!!! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:59 pm

Has Ben posted today?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:18 pm

sassy wrote:Has Ben posted today?
his home addy is 'Chang Tu Madre, TX

**BEN** Texas Gets Pounded By Softball Sized Hail/High Winds/Flooding Abilenehail

Anyone know if it's within the destruction path ---
loads of area's that have NO POWER.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:20 pm

Jeepers!   Off to get dinner, will be back later, hope Ben is posting by then.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:33 pm

Ben probably caught hold of a big ice ball and took it home to photograph it.

But it melted in his pocket ...and now he's all sad.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:15 pm

Haha, I'm fine. We just got a little drizzle Smile

"Chinga Tu Madre" is just (very rude) Mexican slang, not a real city. That would be awesome, though.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:16 pm

cheers cheers cheers

You haven't been knocked out with a great big ice cube!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:35 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Haha, I'm fine. We just got a little drizzle Smile

"Chinga Tu Madre" is just (very rude) Mexican slang, not a real city. That would be awesome, though.

Well, fine --- I was just coming back in from my 4hr watering shrubbery chore and all set to summon my 'FLYING MONKEYS' and send them out to find your sorry arse ~~~
**BEN** Texas Gets Pounded By Softball Sized Hail/High Winds/Flooding 2988ec4a7493a733cdf9a50f78d4d106 Mad
Well it's good to know you weren't part of that major destruction around there!!!  UGH Now all of that area will be flooded {pun intended} with every roofer/siding contractor for 3 states away --- and loads of flat tires will follow as well as shiftless/lousy crooks! Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:59 am

Takes you four hours to water your shrubs -- where do you live, in a park? Smile

Yeah, there will be a lot of business drummed up from this. We have a few home building projects in my neighborhood and I'm always picking up nails off the street!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:18 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Takes you four hours to water your shrubs -- where do you live, in a park? Smile

Yeah, there will be a lot of business drummed up from this. We have a few home building projects in my neighborhood and I'm always picking up nails off the street!

I time the amount of water to each and every Knock Out Rose Bush and the 28 I've planted over the years plus the numerous raised flowering beds --- ya, it's time consuming when we've not had anything but drizzles and limited snow fall.
We're burning up in KS and the drought has made a return. 

I've got way too much invested in these 'Curb Appeal' landscape projects to let them die now No

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down