NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Girl dies after high winds sweeps bouncy castle away - two people arrested

4 posters

Go down

Girl dies after high winds sweeps bouncy castle away - two people arrested Empty Girl dies after high winds sweeps bouncy castle away - two people arrested

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:24 pm

A young girl has died after a bouncy castle at the Easter fair in Harlow, Essex was swept 150 metres across a busy park in high winds.
The girl, who is thought to be aged seven, was treated by ambulance crews and the Herts and Essex air ambulance as she was rushed to Princess Alexandra Hospital, but she later died of her injuries. Police have arrested two people on suspicion of manslaughter by gross negligence following the incident in Harlow Town Park in Essex on Saturday. Ray Smith, a spokesman for the Showmans Guild of Great Britain, said: "It was a sudden gust. Had it been a consistent wind they would have closed down all the inflatables."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/12205157/Girl-dies-after-high-winds-sweeps-bouncy-castle-away-two-people-arrested.html

Poor little girl No

Back to top Go down

Girl dies after high winds sweeps bouncy castle away - two people arrested Empty Re: Girl dies after high winds sweeps bouncy castle away - two people arrested

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:27 pm

Terri Rickards, a Harlow mother who was at the park, described the scene on Facebook.

She said: "This is just devastating news. My two little ones were there today, both under the ages of five.

"We did not allow them on this bouncy castle as it just didn't look safe. The winds were just far too strong! I can't believe what I'm reading, such sad news. RIP little one."

I'm sure that will make the parents feel a whole lot better. Rolling Eyes
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Girl dies after high winds sweeps bouncy castle away - two people arrested Empty Re: Girl dies after high winds sweeps bouncy castle away - two people arrested

Post by Syl Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:39 pm

I remember reading of a similar tragedy years ago, since then whenever I see one of these portable inflatables I look at the anchorings and pray they are safe.
Unfortunately once more human error causes a devastating tragedy that could have been prevented.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:16 pm

How absolutely tragic.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down