NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flooding in Texas washes away cars, a train and at least one person

3 posters

Go down

Flooding in Texas washes away cars, a train and at least one person Empty Flooding in Texas washes away cars, a train and at least one person

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:57 pm

(CNN)Much of Texas was deluged Saturday by pounding, relentless rains -- up to 20 inches, in some locales -- causing dangerous, rushing flooding that has washed away cars, trains and, possibly, at least one person.

And it may not get much better anytime soon.

The one missing person was in San Antonio, where forecasters warned that rain could fall Saturday morning at an astounding rate of 4 inches per hour and dangerously swell parts of the San Antonio River around Interstate 410. Around 4 a.m. (5 a.m. ET), a 41-year-old homeless man had gone after his dog near a drainage ditch "and he got swept away," fire department spokesman Christian Bove said.

Authorities called off the search a few hours later, with no sign of the man, though the dog he'd been chasing was found safe.

Meanwhile, the rain kept falling: San Antonio had already broken its daily rainfall record by 10 a.m., according to the National Weather Service.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/24/us/texas-oklahoma-arkansas-lousiana-flooding/index.html

Hasn't been too bad around me, but it's still raining steadily and fields are turning into ponds ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Flooding in Texas washes away cars, a train and at least one person Empty Re: Flooding in Texas washes away cars, a train and at least one person

Post by Guest Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:59 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
(CNN)Much of Texas was deluged Saturday by pounding, relentless rains -- up to 20 inches, in some locales -- causing dangerous, rushing flooding that has washed away cars, trains and, possibly, at least one person.

The one missing person was in San Antonio, where forecasters warned that rain could fall Saturday morning at an astounding rate of 4 inches per hour and dangerously swell parts of the San Antonio River around Interstate 410. Around 4 a.m. (5 a.m. ET), a 41-year-old homeless man had gone after his dog near a drainage ditch "and he got swept away," fire department spokesman Christian Bove said.

Authorities called off the search a few hours later, with no sign of the man, though the dog he'd been chasing was found safe.

Meanwhile, the rain kept falling: San Antonio had already broken its daily rainfall record by 10 a.m., according to the National Weather Service.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/24/us/texas-oklahoma-arkansas-lousiana-flooding/index.html

Hasn't been too bad around me, but it's still raining steadily and fields are turning into ponds ...

Not good Ben, I hope you and Dobbie have an upper floor apartment Flooding in Texas washes away cars, a train and at least one person Dog_hu14 xx

Back to top Go down

Flooding in Texas washes away cars, a train and at least one person Empty Re: Flooding in Texas washes away cars, a train and at least one person

Post by Guest Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:02 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Hell yeah, from what I seen it was real bad. I watched it last night live on Periscope.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:02 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

That's not exactly usual is it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:45 pm

Here comes the Trinity River again.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:16 pm

PS got Quill mixed up with Veya, he hands out the candy?

My excuse, i'm a bit pissed---hic
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:19 pm

nicko wrote:PS got Quill mixed up with Veya, he hands out the candy?

My excuse, i'm a bit pissed---hic

You definitely are, think you meant to put this on the rhymes thread lol

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:05 am

Just woke up, don't know were i am feel sick whisky and morphine dont mix never again.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down