NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For £20 million, you too could own this UK village, but would you?

3 posters

Go down

For £20 million, you too could own this UK village, but would you? Empty For £20 million, you too could own this UK village, but would you?

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:56 pm

Ever fancied the idea of owning a charming, idyllic country cottage? Now you can own an entire village. That too in the picture postcard-perfect countryside of the United Kingdom.
West Heslerton, a village located 24 km from North Yorkshire in Northern England, is up for sale for £20 million. The property comprises 43 houses — including a 21-bedroom country home — 2,100 acres of land, a petrol station and a pub, BBC reports. In addition, the property also has a church, a pavilion and a play ground.
The entire estate was earlier owned by the same family for 150 years, but its recent owner, a lady named Eve Dawnay, died five years ago. Now the family has decided to put it up on the market.
"Miss Dawnay was a wonderful lady. She was very kind and the property rates are — have always been — very low. This has helped keep a vibrant village community with a mixed group of ages and there are obviously a lot of people hoping that somebody with a similar benevolent nature will come along to take over the estate," Tom Watson, a local estate agent was quoted as saying by the BBC.

For £20 million, you too could own this UK village, but would you? 1459852365_uk-village-sale

For £20 million, you too could own this UK village, but would you? 1459852365_uk-village-sale

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/uk-entire-village-sale-673465

Not that I've got a surplus of 'MILLIONS' just laying around waiting to be invested...but if I ever won the 'Power Ball'; this might be something I'd seriously consider taking advantage of.  
I'm all about preservation and love the region and living somewhere else besides this great state would be a exciting change...but would you do this if you had the funds?

Back to top Go down

For £20 million, you too could own this UK village, but would you? Empty Re: For £20 million, you too could own this UK village, but would you?

Post by eddie Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:31 pm

If I had a spare 20mill knocking around then yes, it's a great idea.
I'd like to turn it into a "respite" place for sick children, like a calm and cosy holiday town, for relaxation and family time.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

For £20 million, you too could own this UK village, but would you? Empty Re: For £20 million, you too could own this UK village, but would you?

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:41 pm

On another link there were posted comments from many a 'Sky News' reader and there were quite a few comments made about 'Foreign' money coming into the UK and buying up such places and then jacking up the rent to the locals.

Or turning it into a refugee habitat for the Muslims that people are struggling to house.

Back to top Go down

For £20 million, you too could own this UK village, but would you? Empty Opening Up A PTSD - Living Resource Center For Veterans...

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:26 pm

So often it's just getting back in touch with 'Mother Nature' and being able to keep the day-to-day routine going that can aide in bringing mentally/physically impaired humans back in touch with healing those mental wounds. 

But how to get started - how will they operate a Self-Reliant home or small farm; what they need is a working model and the 'HOW TO' and such a place with this many acres would be a perfect set-up, IMO.
The Journey to Self-Reliance Begins
9 Strategies for Self-Sufficient Living Get back to basics, achieve food security and find financial independence with these 9 key aspects of achieving true self-sufficient living. Here are tips from a family that is making it work.

By John Ivanko
October/November 2013
http://www.motherearthnews.com/homesteading-and-livestock/self-reliance/self-sufficient-living-zm0z13onzrob.aspx 
Signing up and living on the 'workable farm'; learning the methods of hands on vs watching it from a distance --- from 3 month / 6 month / 9 month or even a entire year --- but putting in the work to become a resource for their own future. 
That's what I'd do with such a vast acreage and wonderful huge home...{{heavy sigh}} just dream'n I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:35 pm

Dreams indeed lol.  When I first moved down to Somerset, best part of 25 years ago, I was going to have a smallholding and rear rare breeds.  Got talked out of it, wish I'd stuck to my guns.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:35 pm

eddie wrote:If I had a spare 20mill knocking around then yes, it's a great idea.
I'd like to turn it into a "respite" place for sick children, like a calm and cosy holiday town, for relaxation and family time.

What a lovely idea Eddie.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:29 am

sassy wrote:
eddie wrote:If I had a spare 20mill knocking around then yes, it's a great idea.

What a lovely idea Eddie.

Really would love to do something like that sass.
One of the most unfair things in the world is children dying or living with chronic illnesses. Just think a little haven away for the families.....just a real tonic for all x
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:50 am

geek

ONLY  Two thousand acres   ???

SOUNDS  a bit overpriced to me..

OVER HERE  you could still find ten or twenty times as much land, for half that price.

AND FOR $36 million or so, you might get a horse stud thrown in as well !      

(And,  you might even have Veya' as a potential neighbour..).     

cheers
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:28 am

there in not a single block that is that big around there (too close to Canberra)

http://www.domain.com.au/18-upstream-road-bumbalong-nsw-2626-2012168389
but you could get 47 hectres for $460,000 Aussie so that only like 250K in pounds

For £20 million, you too could own this UK village, but would you? W800-h600-w1000-h667-2012168389_1_pi_150806_072318
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:35 am

go out west near Bourke though

http://www.domain.com.au/-mundiwa-bourke-nsw-2840-2012276868

just under 3 mill Aussie and you got 14,816 hectres which is abotu 36,611 acres
with a whole cattle station
For £20 million, you too could own this UK village, but would you? W800-h600-2012276868_2_pi_160106_105203
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down