NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suicide bombers attack Russian city on consecutive days

3 posters

Go down

Suicide bombers attack Russian city on consecutive days Empty Suicide bombers attack Russian city on consecutive days

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:40 am

MOSCOW -- At least 14 people were killed and 28 injured Monday morning by a suspected suicide bomb attack on a crowded trolley bus in the Russian city of Volgograd -- the second such attack on mass transit in the city in as many days.

Ten passengers were killed immediately from the blast and four more died on the way to and in hospitals, officials said.

Russian law enforcement agencies said the explosion was a terrorist act and that they suspect a connection between Monday's attack and a suicide bombing on Sunday, less than 19 hours earlier, at the city's main railway station.

No group claimed responsibility for either of the attacks, the latest of several to hit southern Russia in recent months. Volgograd is close to the troubled Caucasus region, where Chechen rebel leader Doku Umarov has vowed to use "maximum force" to prevent Russia from staging the Winter Olympic Games, which he called "satanic games held on the bones of our ancestors."

http://www.latimes.com/world/worldnow/la-fg-wn-volgograd-russia-suicide-bomb-attacks-20131230,0,6572881.story
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Suicide bombers attack Russian city on consecutive days Empty Re: Suicide bombers attack Russian city on consecutive days

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:02 am

Could turn very nasty. The Chechens hate Putin and would love to humiliate him by stopping the Games.

Back to top Go down

Suicide bombers attack Russian city on consecutive days Empty Re: Suicide bombers attack Russian city on consecutive days

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:08 am

Agreed -- I have a sinking feeling the world's about to see how backward Russia still is ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:55 pm

You could be right!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:12 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Agreed -- I have a sinking feeling the world's about to see how backward Russia still is ...

Good afternoon Ben.

Ben,backward in what way?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:42 pm

Were they muslim terrorists?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:29 pm

Fuck Chechnya

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:42 pm

strangely queen...thats exactly what Putin would like to do....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:56 pm

lol! lol! lol! 

And is trying his damnest to do so!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:56 pm

Bad Vlad takes no shit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:59 pm

Who are you referring to?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:00 pm

Vladimir Putin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:00 pm

Sassy wrote:Who are you referring to?

Putin i believe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:01 pm

So you are an admirer of Putin? You serious?  ::zomb:: ::zomb:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:43 pm

Good afternoon Folks.

Mr.Putin is about the only decent world leader there is at the moment.He cares about his country & people & he's done his best to stop the dumb western governments from making the situation in Syria any worse.

Sure,he's was a naugty boy regarding his re-election but neither the UKs or the USAs election processes are anything to boast about.In fact,they are as good as corrupt as any countries election processes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:14 pm

Shady wrote:Good afternoon Folks.

Mr.Putin is about the only decent world leader there is at the moment.He cares about his country & people

I can only assume that there's a 2014 Internet Comedy Awards out there I'm not aware of and that you're trying to get an early jump on the field.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:45 pm

You owe me a cup of coffee, I just laughed at that one so much it went everywhere lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:20 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Shady wrote:Good afternoon Folks.

Mr.Putin is about the only decent world leader there is at the moment.He cares about his country & people

I can only assume that there's a 2014 Internet Comedy Awards out there I'm not aware of and that you're trying to get an early jump on the field.

So you don't like the truth then?...Tell me,what has your president done that's any better than what Putin has done? Maybe you'd care to discuss how your incumbent nutter & the last nutter president plunged us into two wars.

Share with me the great triumphs of your presidents & I'll pass them to the wives of my dead colleagues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:28 pm

Putin doesn't give a shet about Russia. He's the former head of the KGB of the USSR, and longs for the old days of privileged commissars. He's almost worse than Republicans in this country.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:40 pm

Original Quill wrote:Putin doesn't give a shet about Russia.  He's the former head of the KGB of the USSR, and longs for the old days of privileged commissars.  He's almost worse than Republicans in this country.

That's debatable Quill & I will concede that he is a politician & all politicians are crap in my book.But Quill our Vladimir is certainly no worse than Barak Obama.No worse at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:20 pm

Hello Shady,

Obama is, plain and simple, one of the top three presidents the US has ever had. He has accomplished everything his predecessor tried, and failed to do. And he has done it amid the escapees from the mental institution, currently in the House of Representatives.

Putim is a crook, kidnapper, murderer, and international trouble-maker, more like Robert Mugabe. You are simply lazy-in-thought, if you don't see the difference.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:59 pm

@quill

Obama is a crook, kidnapper, murderer, and international trouble-maker is also true. One only has to look at the whole, he wouldn't negotiate trade agreements at the Pacific Summit in from of media from that nation he was dealing with, even though several of us have that as a written protection for our Press to be able to do so. He keeps pushing for our leaders to sign treaties that would see us give up a lot of our economic rights behind our back and without telling the populace.

I still agree with you he is probably a top 3 and definitely a top 10 US president
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:11 pm

Original Quill wrote:Hello Shady,

Obama is, plain and simple, one of the top three presidents the US has ever had.  He has accomplished everything his predecessor tried, and failed to do.  And he has done it amid the escapees from the mental institution, currently in the House of Representatives.

Putim is a crook, kidnapper, murderer, and international trouble-maker, more like Robert Mugabe.  You are simply lazy-in-thought, if you don't see the difference.

Good afternoon Quill.

I was going to submit a detailed account of how Obama equals Putin but I won't.However what I will say is that Obama is equal to Putin for all the bad things they have done except Obama has done them differently.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:02 pm

Shady wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Hello Shady,

Obama is, plain and simple, one of the top three presidents the US has ever had.  He has accomplished everything his predecessor tried, and failed to do.  And he has done it amid the escapees from the mental institution, currently in the House of Representatives.

Putim is a crook, kidnapper, murderer, and international trouble-maker, more like Robert Mugabe.  You are simply lazy-in-thought, if you don't see the difference.

Good afternoon Quill.

I was going to submit a detailed account of how Obama equals Putin but I won't.However what I will say is that Obama is equal to Putin for all the bad things they have done except Obama has done them differently.

Gd morning, Shady,

You have to be kidding. Putin is an egomaniac dictator, who still perceives of himself as the KGB head. He manipulates his country according to 19th-century ideas and expectations. Of course he will fail, just like Republicans will fail in this country...basically, because they both believe in the ideas of old, white men. Putin is just one of those geriatrics who, dazed and befuddled, doesn't realize the world has passed on by.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:14 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Shady wrote:

Good afternoon Quill.

Gd morning, Shady,

You have to be kidding.  Putin is an egomaniac dictator, who still perceives of himself as the KGB head.  He manipulates his country according to 19th-century ideas and expectations.  Of course he will fail, just like Republicans will fail in this country...basically, because they both believe in the ideas of old, white men.  Putin is just one of those geriatrics who, dazed and befuddled, doesn't realize the world has passed on by.

The big white-patriarchy boogieman.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:15 pm

Being old, white and male means you're a Nazi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:20 pm

No, it means the world has passed you by.  No more.

But that's enough.  If you are a relic, you are irrelevant.

You want to aggrandize old, white men, Queenie. To aggrandize them, you have to paint them as strong and threatening...nazis, you said. You miss the whole point. They are feckless and bed-ridden, sleeping half the day with shit in their pants. We are just waiting for Republicans to die over in this country. We treat them with soothing comfort, and warm milk. Threatening? Phsawww...

Last edited by Original Quill on Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:22 pm

Original Quill wrote:No, it means the world has passed you by.  No more.

But that's enough.  If you are a relic, you are irrelevant.
Why refer to race and gender if you're only talking about age?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:29 pm

Simple. Because it's a part of their belief system. I'm just characterizing them...biding my time.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:31 pm

Original Quill wrote:Simple.  Because it's a part of their belief system.  I'm just characterizing them...biding my time.
I didn't realize old white men were a hive-mind of opinions you don't like.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:36 pm

Old white men are all bigots and homophobes

Young black men are all thugs and rapists.

Exact same stupid generalising logic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:47 pm

I think it's funny how the right has no problem categorizing all Muslims as terrorists but has a huge problem with all old white men being lumped in together.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:20 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I think it's funny how the right has no problem categorizing all Muslims as terrorists but has a huge problem with all old white men being lumped in together.

When have I done anything of the sort?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:36 am

Queen Of Hearts wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:I think it's funny how the right has no problem categorizing all Muslims as terrorists but has a huge problem with all old white men being lumped in together.

Frankly, you haven't added anything to the discussion...ever.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:01 am

Original Quill wrote:
Queen Of Hearts wrote:

This discussion?
Other than giving you shit for "big mean old white male bullies!!!" I suppose I haven't.
I don't see how that means I categorize all Muslims as terrorists or some shit though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:08 am

Queen Of Hearts wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

This discussion?
Other than giving you shit for "big mean old white male bullies!!!" I suppose I haven't.
I don't see how that means I categorize all Muslims as terrorists or some shit though.

Thank you.  Lest you think I am completely marginalizing you, you could think about the discussion and add an opinion.  I'm not against  listening to you.  I'm just disinterested in trading insults.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:58 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Queen Of Hearts wrote:

This discussion?

Thank you.  Lest you think I am completely marginalizing you, you could think about the discussion and add an opinion.  I'm not against  listening to you.  I'm just disinterested in trading insults.

Good afternoon Quill.

Quill,you know I love you but.......Queen of Hearts out flanked you fair & square.

He posted succinct,relevant & logical comments which you pooh poohed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:14 pm

Shady wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Good afternoon Quill.

Quill,you know I love you but.......Queen of Hearts out flanked you fair & square.

Psh...  Queen of Hearts has lost every argument before she begins.  That's because she doesn't know how to formulate a cogent sentence.  It's all shit...fuck...she communicates in grunts and bowel urges.  If you think farting is flanking, you keep her company.  I'm going outside to get some fresh air.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:29 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Shady wrote:

Good afternoon Quill.

Psh...  Queen of Hearts has lost every argument before she begins.  That's because she doesn't know how to formulate a cogent sentence.  It's all shit...fuck...she communicates in grunts and bowel urges.  If you think farting is flanking, you keep her company.  I'm going outside to get some fresh air.

::rfth:: Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:45 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Shady wrote:

Good afternoon Quill.

I think it's funny how you're trying to make yourself out to be some form of superior mature intellectual when all you've done is string as many random insults together as you could.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:47 pm

Also I think it's weird that you decided to start randomly insulting me because of a post made by a 3rd user.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:47 pm

Most I've done is mock your opinions, not you personally.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:17 am

Wow, this discussion has sort of degenerated. I'll take a stab at trying to bring this back on track:

Yes, the Chechnyans are Muslims. I think it's as disingenuous, however, to try to paint them as Islamists as it is to portray the North Vietnamese as communists. First and foremost, they're fighting for their independence. Islam happens to be their religion, much like the North Vietnamese happened to be allied with communists to try to oust the French.

Another parallel can be drawn between Chechnya and the Middle East. The conflict between Western nations and the Middle East is really about oil, not about religions clashing. The only reason the U.S. and the rest of the West is interested at all in Middle Eastern affairs is oil. Similarly, it's all about oil for Russia, as Chechnya is a major oil-producing reason.

Makes you wonder what being able to produce sufficient renewable energy from any spot on the world, whether via solar, wind, hydro or even nuclear, would mean for world peace.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:50 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Wow, this discussion has sort of degenerated. I'll take a stab at trying to bring this back on track:

Yes, the Chechnyans are Muslims. I think it's as disingenuous, however, to try to paint them as Islamists as it is to portray the North Vietnamese as communists. First and foremost, they're fighting for their independence. Islam happens to be their religion, much like the North Vietnamese happened to be allied with communists to try to oust the French.

Another parallel can be drawn between Chechnya and the Middle East. The conflict between Western nations and the Middle East is really about oil, not about religions clashing. The only reason the U.S. and the rest of the West is interested at all in Middle Eastern affairs is oil. Similarly, it's all about oil for Russia, as Chechnya is a major oil-producing reason.

Makes you wonder what being able to produce sufficient renewable energy from any spot on the world, whether via solar, wind, hydro or even nuclear, would mean for world peace.

Hooray for a sane post.

Countries have oil, or in the case of Afghanistan, required oil pipelines, West (or Russia) want the oil, invade, kill of lots of the population and destroys country, population gets mad, fights back, labelled terrorist, get madder. And the circle goes on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:53 am

Original Quill wrote:
Shady wrote:

Good afternoon Quill.

Some good points.

Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down