NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it Trump or Hilary, who have friends in the KKK? WATCH VIDEO

+4
Ben Reilly
Miffs2
Original Quill
eddie
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is it Trump or Hilary, who have friends in the KKK? WATCH VIDEO  Empty Is it Trump or Hilary, who have friends in the KKK? WATCH VIDEO

Post by eddie Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:13 pm

.....see for yourselves
Many more like this on YouTube

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Is it Trump or Hilary, who have friends in the KKK? WATCH VIDEO  Empty Re: Is it Trump or Hilary, who have friends in the KKK? WATCH VIDEO

Post by Original Quill Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:36 pm

Did Robert Byrd announce he was supporting Hillary?  I hadn't heard.  But that doesn't surprise me.  There are party allegiances to consider, as well.

Byrd represents one of those party affiliates who arose during the 'switching-sides' transition of 1964.  Many White-supremacists during the civil rights era of the 1964 Civil Rights Act switched sides, joining Republicans, as we've discussed, as a result of Lee Atwater's southern strategy for the Republican Party.  

The Democrats, of course, switched issues and became the liberals.  Although he filibustered the Civil Rights Act in 1964, Byrd was one who clung to the Democratic Party, but later switched issues, as it were.  Remember, Byrd opposed John F. Kennedy in the West Virginia primary, which shows some of the confusion of the day..  And Lyndon Johnson, who was President at the time, was another such southern Democrat who came over on issues.

The Clintons, remember, were southern Democrats too. Bill Clinton was Governor of Arkansas...tucked right in their with Mississippi and Louisiana.

Last edited by Original Quill on Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Is it Trump or Hilary, who have friends in the KKK? WATCH VIDEO  Empty Re: Is it Trump or Hilary, who have friends in the KKK? WATCH VIDEO

Post by eddie Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:41 pm

Quill nothing of your post was about the video or the title of my thread and I'm not sure if Byrd said he was supporting Hilary as DIED in 2010???

Anyone else have a clue???
Is it Trump or Hilary, who have friends in the KKK? WATCH VIDEO  2190311264
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:45 pm

eddie wrote:Quill nothing of your post was about the video or the title of my thread and I'm not sure if Byrd said he was supporting Hilary as DIED in 2010???

Everything I wrote was about the video.  You just have absolutely no understanding of American politics.

Even an American white-supremacist would understand why Byrd supported Clinton...and Clinton now eulogizes Byrd.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:49 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:Quill nothing of your post was about the video or the title of my thread and I'm not sure if Byrd said he was supporting Hilary as DIED in 2010???

Everything I wrote was about the video.  You just have absolutely no understanding of American politics.

Even an American white-supremacist would understand why Byrd supported Clinton.

Who cares if Byrd supported Clinton? The question is did she support him?!
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:55 pm

Exactly nems. I have no idea what.....??? scratch

And he asked if Byrd supported her but he's been dead six years!!!!

Perhaps he googled too quick.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:09 pm

Right too, Nems. Who cares? Why was this thread even started?

There is absolutely no connection between Robert Byrd and Hillary Clinton, save they are both southern Democrats..

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:26 pm

Original Quill wrote:Right too, Nems.  Who cares?  Why was this thread even started?

There is absolutely no connection between Robert Byrd and Hillary Clinton, save they are both southern Democrats..

Well that and the fact she called him her friend
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:14 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Right too, Nems.  Who cares?  Why was this thread even started?

Well that and the fact she called him her friend

That's what I was trying to explain. That part was all politics. I mean, what's in an eulogy? It's about as sincere as "I love you" when signing divorce papers, right?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:16 pm

So....you,realised it was an eulogy then?
Becasue you hadn't realised he was even dead at first?

Are you going to comment on this like you would if it was Trump in that video?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:28 pm

eddie wrote:So....you,realised it was an eulogy then?
Becasue you hadn't realised he was even dead at first?

Are you going to comment on this like you would if it was Trump in that video?

You're making up a lot extraneous stuff, there eds. I realized it when she said it. It's in the archives.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:31 pm

In 1997, Byrd told an interviewer he would encourage young people to become involved in politics but also warned, "Be sure you avoid the Ku Klux Klan. Don't get that albatross around your neck. Once you've made that mistake, you inhibit your operations in the political arena."[23] In his last autobiography, Byrd explained that he was a KKK member because he "was sorely afflicted with tunnel vision — a jejune and immature outlook — seeing only what I wanted to see because I thought the Klan could provide an outlet for my talents and ambitions."[24] Byrd also said, in 2005, "I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times ... and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened."[13]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Byrd

Anybody who claims that Clinton's friendship with Byrd had anything to do with racism is a dishonest right-wing propagandist.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:37 pm

But my point is, if this was Trump....well see that molehill?

Mountainous!!!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:53 pm

eddie wrote:But my point is, if this was Trump....well see that molehill?

Mountainous!!!

There's no equivalency whatsoever.  David Duke hasn't eulogized Donald Trump--Trump isn't even dead yet.  Nor, for that matter, has David Duke been eulogized by Donald Trump--Duke isn't even dead yet.  No matter which way you try to twist it, it doesn't fit. http://www.salon.com/2016/03/18/former_kkk_grand_wizard_david_duke_convinced_donald_trump_will_make_adolf_hitler_great_again/

Someone released Clinton's eulogy of Byrd, hoping that such confusion would take a hold.  A little intellectual housekeeping clears the air.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:05 pm

Original Quill wrote:

Mountainous!!!

There's no equivalency whatsoever.  David Duke hasn't eulogized Donald Trump--Trump isn't even dead yet.  Nor, for that matter, has David Duke been eulogized by Donald Trump--Duke isn't even dead yet.  No matter which way you try to twist it, it doesn't fit.  http://www.salon.com/2016/03/18/former_kkk_grand_wizard_david_duke_convinced_donald_trump_will_make_adolf_hitler_great_again/

Someone released Clinton's eulogy of Byrd, hoping that such confusion would take a hold.  A little intellectual housekeeping clears the air.

So to sum up, according to you, it is acceptable for Clinton to be a Byrd supporter but not for trump to be a Duke supporter.?
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:12 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Mountainous!!!

There's no equivalency whatsoever.  David Duke hasn't eulogized Donald Trump--Trump isn't even dead yet.  Nor, for that matter, has David Duke been eulogized by Donald Trump--Duke isn't even dead yet.  No matter which way you try to twist it, it doesn't fit.  http://www.salon.com/2016/03/18/former_kkk_grand_wizard_david_duke_convinced_donald_trump_will_make_adolf_hitler_great_again/

So to sum up, according to you, it  is acceptable for Clinton to be a Byrd supporter but not for trump to be a Duke supporter.?

Am I the only one who sees the stark difference between befriending a former KKK member who denounced racism and befriending a former KKK member who still very much believes what the KKK believes?!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:13 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

So to sum up, according to you, it  is acceptable for Clinton to be a Byrd supporter but not for trump to be a Duke supporter.?

Yes, because of the political ties...that's pretty much it. If you had an aunt who was a UKIP supporter (or whatever serves as the extreme racist party in the UK), would you fail to attend her funeral?

As they say: It's just politics...or better yet, politics makes strange bedfellows!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:15 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:

Am I the only one who sees the stark difference between befriending a former KKK member who denounced racism and befriending a former KKK member who still very much believes what the KKK believes?!

No.  You are just bringing in a different facet,  There are a number of ways that the comparison is wrong.

Last edited by Original Quill on Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:17 pm

This is just the RWer's way of playing the political mirrors game.  That it defies logic is all right with them.  They are only interested in word associations: KKK and Clinton...nuff said.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:31 pm

Original Quill wrote:This is just the RWer's way of playing the political mirrors game.  That it defies logic is all right with them.  They are only interested in word associations: KKK and Clinton...nuff said.

You're right. What's sad is that Robert Byrd deserves better than to be remembered as merely a former KKK member.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:40 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Original Quill wrote:This is just the RWer's way of playing the political mirrors game.  That it defies logic is all right with them.  They are only interested in word associations: KKK and Clinton...nuff said.

You're right. What's sad is that Robert Byrd deserves better than to be remembered as merely a former KKK member.

You're right.  A lot of the old guard Democrats have that legacy.  Look at Justice Hugo Black, of Alabama, who was one of the most ardent supporters of the FDR New Deal and Civil Rights in his later years.  He was part of an unanimous decision in Brown v. Bd. of Education. Yet, he was a member of the KKK back in 1021.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:52 pm

You can call it what you like. Makes no difference that's just your opnion isn't it?
It's made enough people question her....and compare her to Trump.
Nuff said.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:01 pm

eddie wrote:

You can call it what you like. Makes no difference that's just your opnion isn't it?
Nuff said.

Your thesis: there is no such thing as reality.

I guess if you believe that, then facts and logic don't matter, eh? It's all a popularity contest.

I don't believe that, so I'll just stick with my point.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:02 pm

Okay then.
I can see this thread has upset you in some way. Sorry about that.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:05 pm

eddie wrote:Okay then.
I can see this thread has upset you in some way. Sorry about that.

You surprise me! I never get upset.

As long as I continue with the facts and logic, there is no reason to be upset.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:32 pm

eddie wrote:

Nuff said.

If Clinton is so KKK-friendly, why is Trump the one getting KKK support?

Because the KKK doesn't remember Byrd fondly. He left and denounced their group over 60 years ago and spent the remainder of his life not working for their agenda; why would they like him?

Why would they like Hillary Clinton, who has denounced racism, including organized racism, throughout her career? http://www.bustle.com/articles/99029-these-7-hillary-clinton-quotes-on-race-relations-prove-that-she-gets-it-or-is-at

If I say that Robert Byrd was a good man, flawed but able to admit his flaws, and someone who tried to improve himself and see the good in people of all races, does that mean I endorse his membership in the KKK 60 years ago? Of course not.

This video is a childish attempt to make her seem somehow guilty by association with a man who was racist back in Grandpa's day and went on to redeem himself. It might not upset Quill, it does upset me -- it's a lie told to damage the reputations of people who don't deserve it.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:19 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

Nuff said.

Because the KKK doesn't remember Byrd fondly. He left and denounced their group over 60 years ago and spent the remainder of his life not working for their agenda; why would they like him?

Why would they like Hillary Clinton, who has denounced racism, including organized racism, throughout her career? http://www.bustle.com/articles/99029-these-7-hillary-clinton-quotes-on-race-relations-prove-that-she-gets-it-or-is-at

If I say that Robert Byrd was a good man, flawed but able to admit his flaws, and someone who tried to improve himself and see the good in people of all races, does that mean I endorse his membership in the KKK 60 years ago? Of course not.

This video is a childish attempt to make her seem somehow guilty by association with a man who was racist back in Grandpa's day and went on to redeem himself. It might not upset Quill, it does upset me -- it's a lie told to damage the reputations of people who don't deserve it.

Ben, I don't say it doesn't upset me.  But I'm used to it.  I don't get upset because I expect it from the RW.  They've been playing with loose equivalencies since Goldwater's day.

On this issue of 'upsetness', let me say that nothing can upset one unless one lets them into his head.  Just like I do with eds, I simply respond with facts and logic and let the chips fall.  She doesn't get into my head.  It's just another day with the RW.

Robert Byrd is history; like I say, it's in the archives.  Hillary gave him an eulogy... I simply pointed that out.  It's a false equivalency...and history.  End of...

You can't control other minds; no one can control yours.  Sure it's misleading in the way they throw it at you.  But that's what you say in response, and how you say it....facts and logic.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:30 pm

The video is ridiculous as Ben says.

Trump would not disavow support from a CURRENT KKK leader. That is a wink to all the racists out there 'I'm on your side guys, but I can't publically say cause you know... The media.'

Clinton was friends with someone who WAS a KKK member 70 years ago! And who since apologised for that role and fought FOR civil rights.

You couldn't find a bigger difference.

Hillary is a serial liar, no question, but attacking her on this is nonsensical. Noone attacked people for supporting Nelson Mansela because he 'was a terrorist' decades ago- they appaluaded his supporters for accepting he changed and did the right thing.

People who question Hillary on these grounds need to look beyond the surface and not just accept well put together videos on youtube.

To b fair she is questionable for many reasons- but not this.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:04 am

[quote="Ben_Reilly"]
eddie wrote:

Well said. And so are some of Lez's points.

Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:55 am

Rolling Eyes

SO THEN == exactly what is the point of your idiotic post, in that case, eddie, IF you're not interested in anyone's input that doesn't meet your right wing agendas   ???

scratch
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:58 am

Mountainous!!!
What a Face

SO THEN...

WHY not tell us why you support Trump, eddie ?
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:00 am

eddie wrote:

Nuff said.

Rolling Eyes

WHY are uou such an idiot,  eddie  ?
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:40 am

Hillary will bend whichever way the money tell her too. she is a master of 'wall street yoga'

voting for trump? may as well just smack your head with a rock until you can't smack it no more, as it is the more intelligent course of action
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:49 am

veya_victaous wrote:Hillary will bend whichever way the money tell her too. she is a master of 'wall street yoga'

voting for trump? may as well just smack your head with a rock until you can't smack it no more, as it is the more intelligent course of action

Meh...you don't like Hillary. You don't like Trump. But you will admit you would say that about any candidate.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:33 am

Original Quill wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:Hillary will bend whichever way the money tell her too. she is a master of 'wall street yoga'

Meh...you don't like Hillary.  You don't like Trump.  But you will admit you would say that about any candidate.

Is it Trump or Hilary, who have friends in the KKK? WATCH VIDEO  Yz9ddoB
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:39 am

Original Quill wrote:

Meh...you don't like Hillary.  You don't like Trump.  But you will admit you would say that about any candidate.

Cause they are both empirically bad. Although at least hillairy is the sort of sell out politican that is actually the status quo, that is why Hilliary is the most conservative vote in this election, as she is the Only canidiate not suggestign to watch it burn.

Bernie is ok, which is probably about as good as a politician can actually get.
Cool Cool Cool

If the USA could Feel the Bern it would be great, instead it is 'watch it burn' (Trump) or 'more of the same' (Hilliary)
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:45 am

Is it Trump or Hilary, who have friends in the KKK? WATCH VIDEO  EVzF0m8
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:32 pm

Veya wrote:Bernie is ok, which is probably about as good as a politician can actually get.
Cool Cool Cool

If the USA could Feel the Bern it would be great, instead it is 'watch it burn' (Trump) or 'more of the same' (Hilliary)

Lol.  You've got some cute quips there.  

I haven't voted in a primary yet; California's isn't til June 7th.  However, although I like some of Sanders' policy stands, I don't particularly like his demeanor.  I definitely got the impression that he would fold in a crisis.  He just seemed to be more of a ditherer than a decisive mover and shaker.

Trump is an enigma.  I still think we don't know him.  He makes no policy stands, except on specifics he doesn't like (Mexicans, women--particularly those who menstruate--blacks, the disabled, captured POW's, Muslims, failed presidential contenders, tired people, etc., etc.)  Yet he is no conservative.  He flip-flops endlessly on specifics, yet as I say we can't tie him down to policies.  He could as easily be a Democrat waiting to fool everybody (SURPRISE!!!), as the second-coming of Hitler.

As I say, he appears to stand for, well...Donald Trump, and no one, nor anything else.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:37 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
eddie wrote:

Nuff said.

Rolling Eyes

I wasn't aware I was an idiot? But now that you know I am, perhaps you'd be best to avoid my idiotic posts and dismiss them as ramblings of an idiot and I'll do the same.

It's a win win, when you think about it.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:02 pm

eddie wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Rolling Eyes

I wasn't aware I was an idiot? But now that you know I am, perhaps you'd be best to avoid my idiotic posts and dismiss them as ramblings of an idiot and I'll do the same.

It's a win win, when you think about it.

I don't think that Bee meant it the way that sounded. I think he was just exasperated, and meant to express his frustration.

However, I too, would like to see more amicable discussion and reason, and less names. That said, you were advocating a somewhat inane premise here. It's not very defensible.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:35 pm

I was advocating? I think I asked a legitimate question - see the thread title.

I'm not really bothered if wolfie is frustrated or does indeed, think I'm an idiot.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:43 pm

eddie wrote:I was advocating? I think I asked a legitimate question - see the thread title.

I'm not really bothered if wolfie is frustrated or does indeed, think I'm an idiot.

Gd. let's set the wolfie thing aside.  

You are dreaming if you expect us to believe that your question was anything but loaded.  You were making a statement: Hillary eulogizes someone formerly associated with the KKK.

Clinton's eulogy in the past, bears no equivalency to someone currently high up in the KKK, publicly endorsing Donald Trump...and Trump failing to refuse it.  Duke's support of Trump is in the present, and it is relevant to the present.  We should absolutely take that into account in deciding whether KKK-supported Donald Trump would make a good president.Shocked

WTF...we should paint it as the Red House. Evil or Very Mad

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:55 pm

Good. This is the kind of debate I wanted in the first place.
I totally agree.

But you have to admit, if someone had found a video of Trump saying this - it'd be posted up as another example, not just here, but all of the social media, of his allegiance to the KKK.
That's all I'm saying.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:01 pm

eddie wrote:
But you have to admit, if someone had found a video of Trump saying this - it'd be posted up as another example, not just here, but all of the social media, of his allegiance to the KKK.
That's all I'm saying.

I don't think so.  People are more astute that RW'ers realize.  They know the difference between an eulogy and and endorsement.

It's just that RW'ers are so used to taking the 'lil people' for granted, they forget people can think for themselves.

Remember the words of English statesman John Stuart Mill: "I never said all conservatives are stupid people; I said all stupid people are conservative."

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:04 pm

Yes and I think John Stuart Mill was stupid for saying that as its narrow and ignorant....but whatever.

And no. I think it would've been used against Trump, but we won't ever know because it never happened.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:10 pm

eddie wrote:Good. This is the kind of debate I wanted in the first place.
I totally agree.

That's all I'm saying.

I actually doubt that, people know this stuff doesn't exist in a vacuum. We've already seen an election in which the right tried to paint the left's candidate as allied with someone portrayed as a hate-monger, in that the GOP tried mightily to make Obama out to be cut from the same cloth as Jeremiah Wright. That didn't work at all. They also tried to say he was a terrorist sympathizer since he associated with William Ayers of the Weather Underground, but people actually did look into the story and realized Obama's association with Ayers came decades later, when Ayers was a professor.

At the end of the day, for people to act as though Clinton is more racist than Trump when Trump has the blessing of white supremacists and Clinton does not is just more right-wing contortionist 'up is down, left is right' bullshit.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:12 pm

eddie wrote:Yes and I think John Stuart Mill was stupid for saying that as its narrow and ignorant....but whatever.

I don't know. The RW has a propensity toward non-thinking and anti-reason. After a while it becomes habit.

eddie wrote:And no. I think it would've been used against Trump, but we won't ever know because it never happened.

You miss the point. The point is that people know the difference between an out-of-date cliche, and something that is happening in the here and now. Trump is tacitly accepting the endorsement of the KKK. That's real...and present.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:18 pm

You seem to presume I like trump and I'm defending him?
See you're missing my continual point in this thread and on the whole forum! I don't care if Hilary had a mate that was a racist and I don't care if trump does either. Doesn't make them racist necessarily (though I think Trumo is), and it doesn't make Hilary a KKK member even though she was once mates with a member.

My point again, is lots of you are quick to label people when you don't like them - me being a prime example Quill; you would label me a racist yet someone you like could have the same view, worded sweetly and veiled, and you'd skim over it.

It's called biased.

You call conservatives Stupid, yet so are the left, Because you all rigidly stick to the beliefs of your chosen 'cult' (oh yes it is a cult!) even when you can see a fault in it.

It's quite stupid, this leaning toward one way and one way only.

I don't get it.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:24 pm

Conservative political ideology in Western democracies may be identified by several components, including an emphasis on personal responsibility, acceptance of hierarchy, and a preference for the status quo. These ideological components map closely onto nonideological psychological processes, which support attitudes consistent with political conservatism. We describe how attitudes and behaviors consistent with these components increase as a consequence of thinking that requires little time, effort, or awareness. From this starting point, we develop the argument that political conservatism is promoted when people rely on low-effort thinking.

http://2012election.procon.org/sourcefiles/low-effort-thought-promotes-political-conservatism-2012.pdf

Liberal thought questions the status quo and social hierarchies; conservative thought defends and justifies them.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:28 pm

Over here the liberal is the middle man. That's pretty much where I sit. Bang in the middle.
Some of the right, is right and some of the left, is right.

If you know what I mean scratch
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next