NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Family accused of shoplifting and daughter strip searched in Asda.

5 posters

Go down

Family accused of shoplifting and daughter strip searched in Asda. Empty Family accused of shoplifting and daughter strip searched in Asda.

Post by Syl Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:57 pm

Heavy handed or what?

Would you allow the police to strip search you in these circumstances? I certainly would not.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/14346122.Woman_strip_searched_and_her_family_accused_of_being__shoplifting_gang__during_ordeal_at_York_supermarket/?ref=trn
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Family accused of shoplifting and daughter strip searched in Asda. Empty Re: Family accused of shoplifting and daughter strip searched in Asda.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:13 pm

That's just awful, that poor family!

Back to top Go down

Family accused of shoplifting and daughter strip searched in Asda. Empty Re: Family accused of shoplifting and daughter strip searched in Asda.

Post by eddie Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:21 pm

Nope. They wouldn't be strip-searching me or my children!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:47 pm

I had no idea the police had the power to strip search people in a shop or store in a private area.

I would insist on being arrested and going back to the station rather than being made to strip in Asda ....who it seemed targeted this family with no good reason.

I was once chased after by a security guard in my local Asda.....I had to empty my trolley whilst he checked the receipt. He did apologise but I was annoyed that he had shouted and ran after me in front of other people.

The alarm had gone off, but 2 other people had walked through the doors at the same time and he ignored them....I didn't stop because I presumed one of them had set the alarm off, I knew I hadn't.

I complained and got an apology, the promise that the staff would be retrained, and some vouchers.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:00 pm

Strangely enough, someone told me recently that Asda are really hot on shoplifters
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Syl Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:28 pm

Why not Stormee? I believe their account of what happened even though it sounds like there was no reason to suspect them of shoplifting in the first place.

The police nor Asda dispute what they have said.

I didn't even know police had the powers to strip search people on shop premises, but as long as a same sex officer does the searching they are.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:37 pm

eddie wrote:Strangely enough, someone told me recently that Asda are really hot on shoplifters

They never used to be. Where I lived before there was a woman who would get you a trolley full from Asda for £ 20
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:41 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
eddie wrote:Strangely enough, someone told me recently that Asda are really hot on shoplifters

They never used to be. Where I lived before there was a woman who would get you a trolley full from Asda for £ 20

Why did that make me laugh so much?? Family accused of shoplifting and daughter strip searched in Asda. 3489511464

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:47 pm

Miffs2 wrote:

Laughing
You can still get a trolley full for £20 at Aldi. The savings there are brilliant. Family accused of shoplifting and daughter strip searched in Asda. 2984306523
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:03 pm

ey were NOT strip searched, that makes it sound as if they naked. If they were male they would be relieved of their OUTER GARMENTS and then "patted down" by a male officer. If female the same would happen with a female officer. Any further searches would be carried out in a prison cell.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:47 pm

nicko wrote:ey were NOT strip searched,  that makes it sound as if they naked.     If they were male they would be relieved of their OUTER GARMENTS and then "patted down" by a male officer. If female the same would happen with a female officer.   Any further searches would be carried out in a prison cell.

The daughter was asked to remove her clothing but allowed to keep her underwear on...that is classed as a strip search here.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down