NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

She survived being shot in the head for an unauthorized marriage but her story won the Oscar

3 posters

Go down

She survived being shot in the head for an unauthorized marriage but her story won the Oscar Empty She survived being shot in the head for an unauthorized marriage but her story won the Oscar

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:16 pm

When filmmaker Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy walked onstage to collect her second career Oscar at the Academy Awards last week, she said her win was the result of “what happens when determined women get together.” Obaid-Chinoy won the Best Documentary Short category for A Girl in the River: The Price of Forgiveness, a documentary that follows Saba, a 19-year-old Pakistani woman who after she married a man her family did not approve of survived being shot in the head, put in a bag and thrown into a river by her father and uncle. Saba narrowly escaped becoming one of the more than 1,000 women in Pakistan killed in the name of “honor” every year.

“This week, the Pakistani prime minister said that he will change the law on honor killing after watching this film,” Obaid-Chinoy said during her acceptance speech. “That is the power of film.”

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/03/doc-follows-survivor-of-attempted-honor-killing/#

More to read on the link

Back to top Go down

She survived being shot in the head for an unauthorized marriage but her story won the Oscar Empty Re: She survived being shot in the head for an unauthorized marriage but her story won the Oscar

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:20 pm

Does anybody know a good place where you can see short documentaries and films like this? I'm always hearing about these amazing short pieces and never know where to find them.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

She survived being shot in the head for an unauthorized marriage but her story won the Oscar Empty Re: She survived being shot in the head for an unauthorized marriage but her story won the Oscar

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:21 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Does anybody know a good place where you can see short documentaries and films like this? I'm always hearing about these amazing short pieces and never know where to find them.

I do.

I will PM you when it comes online soon and send you the link

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:29 pm

Didge wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Does anybody know a good place where you can see short documentaries and films like this? I'm always hearing about these amazing short pieces and never know where to find them.

I do.

I will PM you when it comes online soon and send you the link

You da man Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:50 pm

Putlocker? That's my only contribution lol
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:52 pm

eddie wrote:Putlocker? That's my only contribution lol

Its not on there yet Eddie, i checked, but that is a good site for a good copy to watch

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:54 pm

My son put me on to it.
I kept saying "Footlocker? Footlocker??? I don't want to buy shoes!"

He just went Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:57 pm

eddie wrote:My son put me on to it.
I kept saying "Footlocker? Footlocker??? I don't want to buy shoes!"

He just went Rolling Eyes

She survived being shot in the head for an unauthorized marriage but her story won the Oscar 3489511464

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:14 pm

True story lol!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:18 pm

eddie wrote:True story lol!

Corking story Eddie   Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:19 pm

Honour killings.   Truly horrible.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down