NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eye Testing

4 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Eye Testing Empty Re: Eye Testing

Post by nicko Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:57 pm

Had my eyes tested 3 months ago, was prescribed new glasses for reading, cost me 38 quid. went into a pound shop and noticed a load of glasses of different strengths. tried a couple and found one better than the ones prescribed. Are we being ripped off?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:10 pm

Always Nicko No
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:23 pm

nicko wrote:Had my eyes tested 3 months ago, was prescribed new glasses for reading, cost me 38 quid.   went into a pound shop and noticed a load of glasses of different strengths.  tried a couple and found one better than the ones prescribed.   Are we being ripped off?

I don't think we always are.
Many peoples eyes need stronger lenses in one eye to counteract the other one ....I cant see through the cheap off the shelf glasses properly so I'm happy to pay for prescription ones designed for me.

I lost my reading glasses in M&S a few weeks ago....no one handed them in. Evil or Very Mad bastards.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:45 pm

Stormee wrote:
Syl wrote:

I don't think we always are.
Many peoples eyes need stronger lenses in one eye to counteract the
other one ....I cant see through the cheap off the shelf glasses properly so I'm happy to pay for prescription ones designed for me.

I lost my reading glasses in M&S a few weeks ago....no one handed them in. Evil or Very Mad  bastards.

If they were good named designer frames some would keep them and use the frames instead of buying them.

My best specs fell overbooad when trout fishing 20 years, lost forever? bought new ones and someone hooked my lost ones and I got them back as I had reported it to the lodge as a long shot, 1 year later mind.

Wow....that was a million to one chance Stormee.

When we were away last year we went out on a peddleboat. OH had his good prescription sunglasses on. He decided to jump off the boat for a swim so he gave me his glasses to mind. I put them down the top of my cossie.
A bit later I decided to jump out and have a swim....forgot about the glasses, jumped off....lost his specs.

He still cant get over it. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down