NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twitter Is Finally Testing A Troll Filter

Go down

Twitter Is Finally Testing A Troll Filter Empty Twitter Is Finally Testing A Troll Filter

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:42 pm

Twitter is making some big changes to the way it tackles online abuse from trolls.
The service has just launched a prototype 'quality filter' for its verified users which will aim to hide notifications from tweets that contain abusive language or are from accounts that have a history of using abusive language.
Well, that's an interesting & welcome addition, Twitter! (Was prompted about this on opening the app.) pic.twitter.com/Ka2VDvqwNf
— Anil Dash (@anildash) March 23, 2015

Available as an option within the Twitter iPhone app, the service is currently only available to those with a little blue tick however it seems unlikely that the feature will remain exclusive for long.
Twitter has already made some changes to the way that people can report abusive behaviour to local law enforcement. If you spot continued abuse Twitter now gives you the option to print or email a tailored report that highlights the abuse and gives advice to local law enforcement on how to get more information.
Both of these changes come just a month after Twitter CEO Dick Costolo admitted in an internal memo that the company hasn't done enough to combat the ever-present issues surrounding online abuse on Twitter.
"We suck at dealing with abuse and trolls on the platform and we've sucked at it for years. It's no secret and the rest of the world talks about it every day. We lose core user after core user by not addressing simple trolling issues that they face every day."
Costolo then went on to say, "We're going to start kicking these people off right and left and making sure that when they issue their ridiculous attacks, nobody hears them."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/03/24/twitter-testing-a-troll-filter_n_6929592.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down

Twitter Is Finally Testing A Troll Filter Empty Re: Twitter Is Finally Testing A Troll Filter

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:48 pm

Brasidas wrote:Twitter is making some big changes to the way it tackles online abuse from trolls.
The service has just launched a prototype 'quality filter' for its verified users which will aim to hide notifications from tweets that contain abusive language or are from accounts that have a history of using abusive language.
Well, that's an interesting & welcome addition, Twitter! (Was prompted about this on opening the app.) pic.twitter.com/Ka2VDvqwNf
— Anil Dash (@anildash) March 23, 2015

Available as an option within the Twitter iPhone app, the service is currently only available to those with a little blue tick however it seems unlikely that the feature will remain exclusive for long.
Twitter has already made some changes to the way that people can report abusive behaviour to local law enforcement. If you spot continued abuse Twitter now gives you the option to print or email a tailored report that highlights the abuse and gives advice to local law enforcement on how to get more information.
Both of these changes come just a month after Twitter CEO Dick Costolo admitted in an internal memo that the company hasn't done enough to combat the ever-present issues surrounding online abuse on Twitter.
"We suck at dealing with abuse and trolls on the platform and we've sucked at it for years. It's no secret and the rest of the world talks about it every day. We lose core user after core user by not addressing simple trolling issues that they face every day."
Costolo then went on to say, "We're going to start kicking these people off right and left and making sure that when they issue their ridiculous attacks, nobody hears them."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/03/24/twitter-testing-a-troll-filter_n_6929592.html?utm_hp_ref=uk
about time as well

Back to top Go down

Twitter Is Finally Testing A Troll Filter Empty Re: Twitter Is Finally Testing A Troll Filter

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:53 pm

I agree Korben as i think it is long overdue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:59 pm

And recently Twitter was Told To Reveal Uk Users In Libel Case, so a very careful watch on what you(the royal you) say or re tweet on  twitter would be very prudent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:02 pm

korban dallas wrote:And recently Twitter was Told To Reveal Uk Users In Libel Case, so a very careful watch on what you(the royal you) say or re tweet on  twitter would be very prudent

Am not on twitter myself, but I have seen countless cases where people more celebrities I guess have been utterly hounded with abuse.
I know they can block people but at least this would make the places more abuse free and more freidnly an environnement.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:08 pm

Brasidas wrote:
korban dallas wrote:And recently Twitter was Told To Reveal Uk Users In Libel Case, so a very careful watch on what you(the royal you) say or re tweet on  twitter would be very prudent

Am not on twitter myself, but I have seen countless cases where people more celebrities I guess have been utterly hounded with abuse.
I know they can block people but at least this would make the places more abuse free and more freidnly an environnement.
to be fair i am not a twitter expert my self i find it difficult to be Succinct
Although i have had two tweets read out on sky news ,on the same day that was quite cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:10 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

Although i have had two tweets read out on sky news ,on the same day that was quite cool

That is quite impressive, hope you recorded when they did for posterity as they say!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:16 pm

Brasidas wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

That is quite impressive, hope you recorded when they did for posterity as they say!
No but i guess it`s on there twitter feed,But i had no idea they would pick my tweet and was totally surprised when 10 minutes later the second one was read out

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:28 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

No but i guess it`s on there twitter feed,But i had no idea they would pick my tweet and was totally surprised when 10 minutes later the second one was read out

A shame really should have captured them with snipit or something. Have news clippings of myself being in the press twice before,  but that is another story for another time many moons ago. Was also on TV a couple of times, once as I was interviewed on a strike day with British rail by ITV lol. I know why they picked me being as I was wearing cut down jeans, wearing a BR shirt with a mohawk haircut at the time walking into work. I think my appearance was far more interesting than the union guys, which they were right pissed off about being for one I was working and I made it on to TV and they didn't. Never got reprimanded either as was before I had started and was shunned for a while by some, but it passed. My mother was embarressed to hell also, she did not leave the house for a week ha ha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:33 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

Fame at last lol. There are some nasty trolls, but easy to block, of course there is one country that actually pays people to troll, I wonder how it will be effected by this?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:53 pm

You'd have to be a pretty annoying and horrid person to be blocked on Twitter!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:36 pm

eddie wrote:You'd have to be a pretty annoying and horrid person to be blocked on Twitter!
Depends on the accusations made i guess

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:44 pm

Although i don`t use twitter a lot mostly to sky news so far i have had two tweets read out on sky as i said and one favoured by kay burly just recently so not a bad result

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down