NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poster/post/thread/ quote of the week?

+5
nicko
Victorismyhero
Ben Reilly
Original Quill
eddie
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Poster/post/thread/ quote of the week? Empty Poster/post/thread/ quote of the week?

Post by eddie Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:41 pm

Been suggested as a new thingy by a poster (didge).
Anyone want to add anything or suggest anything or think it's a great idea?

Or a shite idea.

All or any ideas welcome
Keep them clean! (Victor)
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Poster/post/thread/ quote of the week? Empty Re: Poster/post/thread/ quote of the week?

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:45 pm

Here is my idea.

The mods will each pick one comment from the week on a Friday and put up for a vote, of which they also vote for and on a Sunday evening the winner with the most votes is awarded the prize.
lol have this feeling victor might win a few.
It needs to be controlled otherwise everyone will be claiming many are brilliant.
Or you just allow one statement per person for each week, though that would mean somebody ensuring that who ever forwarded the vote for the post has their named seconded to the statement as the person who proposed this.
Obviously nobody can pick themselves

Back to top Go down

Poster/post/thread/ quote of the week? Empty Re: Poster/post/thread/ quote of the week?

Post by eddie Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:49 pm

Yes pretty much what I thought we'd do, we had something like this on another forum I was on.

I'll let Ben have a look and see what he says
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:50 pm

Cool, catch you later Eddie, be best to have everyones opinion though.

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:32 pm

Call me jaundiced, but sounds like a set-up for another hate thread. All you have to do is nominate a poster, and by innuendo connect him or her to some indignity or other. Or, use the 'kudos' thread to condemn by faint praise another poster. Bet you'll see Ben having to lock it down, muy pronto.

But you know me. I keep a vigilant eye out for potential misbehavior.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:48 pm

Original Quill wrote:Call me jaundiced, but sounds like a set-up for another hate thread.  All you have to do is nominate a poster, and by innuendo connect him or her to some indignity or other.  Or, use the 'kudos' thread to condemn by faint praise another poster.  Bet you'll see Ben having to lock it down, muy pronto.

But you know me.  I keep a vigilant eye out for potential misbehavior.

And Ben claims Victor is negative and pessimistic.
Its just for fun, where people vote and may give a reason why they voted, Ben could stipulate that is the bases for the thread.
So stop being continually negative, there is a good chap

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:52 pm

Didge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Call me jaundiced, but sounds like a set-up for another hate thread.  All you have to do is nominate a poster, and by innuendo connect him or her to some indignity or other.  Or, use the 'kudos' thread to condemn by faint praise another poster.  Bet you'll see Ben having to lock it down, muy pronto.

But you know me.  I keep a vigilant eye out for potential misbehavior.

And Ben claims Victor is negative and pessimistic.
Its just for fun, where people vote and may give a reason why they voted, Ben could stipulate that is the bases for the thread.
So stop being continually negative, there is a good chap

Oh, I know. Facially, it's a nice idea. But I know some people on here, or over there on another site, will figure out the potential for misuse.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:53 pm

Well its up to you to be negative, as I see some fun to be had with this and if Ben applies a rule of only posting your vote and reason, then it has no reason to descend into anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:54 pm

What about this -- we keep the nomination process amongst the moderators, to prevent anyone from trying to hijack the contest for nefarious purposes.

Regular users can feel free to suggest posts for Post of the Week via PM to admins.

Then we put up four nominees on Saturday and voting is closed at a certain point on Sunday ... the winner getting "Post of the Week for (Date)" under their avatar for a week?

I prefer posts to threads or quotes. Good, insightful/informative commentary on the OP.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:16 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:What about this -- we keep the nomination process amongst the moderators, to prevent anyone from trying to hijack the contest for nefarious purposes.

Regular users can feel free to suggest posts for Post of the Week via PM to admins.

Then we put up four nominees on Saturday and voting is closed at a certain point on Sunday ... the winner getting "Post of the Week for (Date)" under their avatar for a week?

I prefer posts to threads or quotes. Good, insightful/informative commentary on the OP.

Popularity contests always lead to trouble.  I have only to point to Bee, and how the Mean Girls jumped all over him.  Where is he now?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:17 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:What about this -- we keep the nomination process amongst the moderators, to prevent anyone from trying to hijack the contest for nefarious purposes.

Popularity contests always lead to trouble.  I have only to point to Bee, and how the Mean Girls jumped all over him.  Where is he now?

You mean only after countless posters were daily abused by him.
Take off your tunnel vision glasses, as he was no saint, but all are welcome here

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:21 pm

Didge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Take off your tunnel vision glasses, as he was no saint, but all are welcome here

See what I mean, Ben? It's just a path for the popular ones to beat up the unpopular ones. Avenues for bullies.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:22 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:

See what I mean, Ben?  It's just a path for the popular ones to beat up the unpopular ones.  Avenues for bullies.

Poster/post/thread/ quote of the week? 9k=

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:23 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

See what I mean, Ben?  It's just a path for the popular ones to beat up the unpopular ones.  Avenues for bullies.

I think we could avoid that this time. If nominees are posted by admins, and members are voting for their favorite (rather than least favorite), the worst anybody could get is hurt feelings over finishing last in the voting, I'd think.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:24 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I think we could avoid that this time. If nominees are posted by admins, and members are voting for their favorite (rather than least favorite), the worst anybody could get is hurt feelings over finishing last in the voting, I'd think.

You do what you want. I'll reserve for myself the I told you so narrative. Razz

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:25 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Words fail me, finally something we agree on

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:01 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Are you worried your posts won't be classy enough? Basketball
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:02 pm

just remember...i dont post here to be "popular"
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:06 pm

Lord Foul wrote:just remember...i dont post here to be "popular"

No we know that.
You post here to be heard.
Oh and to be grumpy
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:12 pm

Didge wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

We used to agree a lot until you decided I hate Jews and love Islamic extremism ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:13 pm

eddie wrote:

No we know that.
Oh and to be grumpy

oh mushrooms to you!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:14 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
eddie wrote:

No we know that.
Oh and to be grumpy

You used to be a fun guy No
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:15 pm

groan
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:16 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Didge wrote:

We used to agree a lot until you decided I hate Jews and love Islamic extremism ...

wow, we still do agree on many things, but sarcasim is not one of  your stronger points.
Never said you hate jews but are silent on those who cross over onto israeli hate with antisemitism, so please do not tell porkies. Second never said either that you love islamic extremism, but that you aid it unknowingly with your poor defense of religion. So that is a second lie from you

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:31 pm

eddie wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:
eddie wrote:

No we know that.
Oh and to be grumpy

Funny, that was also my call -- oh, gee!

Smile http://bit.ly/1ZkZsRf
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:31 pm

Didge wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Didge wrote:

wow, we still do agree on many things, but sarcasim is not one of  your stronger points.
Never said you hate jews but are silent on those who cross over onto israeli hate with antisemitism, so please do not tell porkies. Second never said either that you love islamic extremism, but that you aid it unknowingly with your poor defense of religion. So that is a second lie from you

We're going to have to disagree on the quality of my sarcasm as well, I'm afraid -- it's obviously excellent.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:34 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Didge wrote:

We're going to have to disagree on the quality of my sarcasm as well, I'm afraid -- it's obviously excellent.

Why thank you Sir

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:35 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:
eddie wrote:

No we know that.
Oh and to be grumpy

I found that a really,interesting read lol Embarassed
I'm trying to find out why I crave mushrooms so much? Haven't really found an answer yet.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:36 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:
eddie wrote:

No we know that.
Oh and to be grumpy

I'm trying to find out why I crave mushrooms so much? Haven't really found an answer yet.

They are pretty great ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:39 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

A big plate of mixed type mushrooms, fried in butter, olive oil and garlic, with crusty french bread.  Heaven!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:49 pm

sassy wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

A big plate of mixed type mushrooms, fried in butter, olive oil and garlic, with crusty french bread.  Heaven!

Lovely but I love them raw. Can't beat them!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:51 pm

eddie wrote:
sassy wrote:

Lovely but I love them raw. Can't beat them!

I like them raw too, but also love them as a salad, with bean sprouts, marinated in a touch of sesame oil and soy sauce.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:52 pm

mushroom mushroom (kept in the dark and fed on sh1t)
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:53 pm

Fried mushrooms then added to cheese on toast with a sprinkle of Paprika

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:02 pm

I knew I could derail this thread with food Razz
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:03 pm

eddie wrote:I knew I could derail this thread with food Razz

But you started this Thread Me Lady.... scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:07 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:I knew I could derail this thread with food Razz

But you started this Thread Me Lady.... scratch

Oh yeah.
Sod it. My plan backfired Suspect
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:30 pm

In the fields and woods opposite me are several types of Mushrooms, but I have never known witch you can and can't eat.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:33 pm

nicko wrote:In the fields and woods opposite me are several types of Mushrooms,  but I have never known witch you can and can't eat.

It's something to do with the bristly bit under the umbrella part of the mushroom? That's how you tell poisonous knew from the non-poisonous kind.
But don't take my word for it! I don't want you eating some and then having hallucinations or anything Shocked
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:33 pm

nicko wrote:In the fields and woods opposite me are several types of Mushrooms,  but I have never known witch you can and can't eat.

Invite veya for dinner and experiment Nicko.....
but do keep notes....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:33 pm

Eating the wrong kind can kill you - get them from the supermarket instead.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:56 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

You do what you want.  I'll reserve for myself the I told you so narrative.  Razz

I agree with quill,

Unless I can  hand out the following 'Awards'  Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Poster/post/thread/ quote of the week? Ilzlbr10
Poster/post/thread/ quote of the week? Gmvc3o10Poster/post/thread/ quote of the week? Oaoys710
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:58 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

You do what you want.  I'll reserve for myself the I told you so narrative.  Razz

I agree with quill,

Unless I can  hand out the following 'Awards'  Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Poster/post/thread/ quote of the week? Ilzlbr10
Poster/post/thread/ quote of the week? Gmvc3o10Poster/post/thread/ quote of the week? Oaoys710

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:03 pm

Lord Foul wrote:

Invite veya for dinner and experiment Nicko.....
but do keep notes....

Pfft how would he know if I am Hallucinating or just being crazy as per usual. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
and beside You CAN eat all of them
just some may have undesired effects Wink
Just Listen to the goddess when she tells you
Poster/post/thread/ quote of the week? Tumblr_mo7emyE93j1r0mvgdo1_400
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:19 pm

try eating 100g of these fried, and THEN say that Amanita virosa Twisted Evil
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:49 am

Lord Foul wrote:try eating 100g of these fried, and THEN say that   Amanita virosa Twisted Evil

result
Poster/post/thread/ quote of the week? 61yJA9l

Besides

Health authorities warn it can be hard to tell edible and poisonous .... that there can be no "experts" in identifying "safe" mushrooms in Australia.

people still do So Far they have found death caps and Skullcaps
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:16 am

Lord Foul wrote:try eating 100g of these fried, and THEN say that   Amanita virosa Twisted Evil

you can STILL eat it You can eat pure Arsenic if you really want
just put it in your mouth and chew Wink
Poster/post/thread/ quote of the week? Www_MyEmoticons_com__hypnotised
.....just remember those unwanted side effects include death
Poster/post/thread/ quote of the week? Sick0004
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:24 am

the word you are struggling for is ingest veya...

eat implies for beneficial reasons

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:42 am

Nice idea.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next