NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mum praises Santa for taking time out to listen to her autistic son

2 posters

Go down

Mum praises Santa for taking time out to listen to her autistic son  Empty Mum praises Santa for taking time out to listen to her autistic son

Post by Guest Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:14 pm

“It’s OK to be you.”
Those five words may seem extraordinarily simple, but for one Michigan boy and his family, that short phrase -- uttered by an “amazing” Santa Claus -- was a profound Christmas gift.
Last Friday, 6-year-old Landon Johnson went to the RiverTown Crossings Mall in Grandville with his family. While there, the boy and his cousins took turns chatting with Santa, sharing their Christmas desires with the jolly old elf.
After telling the man in red he wanted a Wii, a toy dinosaur and a remote control car, Landon hopped off Santa’s lap to rejoin his family. But a few moments later, he raced back to Santa’s side: he’d forgotten to tell him something important.
“He wanted to tell [Santa] that he has autism,” Landon’s mom, Naomi Johnson, said in a moving Facebook post about the encounter this week. “He was flapping his hands, all excited to let Santa know.”
Specifically, Landon shared his worry with Santa that his autism would land him on the “naughty list.”
His mom explained to WOOD-TV this week that Landon is often told he’s “naughty” by people who mistake his autism with bad behavior.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/santa-boy-with-autism-landon-johnson_566928d4e4b0f290e5220861?utm_hp_ref=good-news

Back to top Go down

Mum praises Santa for taking time out to listen to her autistic son  Empty Re: Mum praises Santa for taking time out to listen to her autistic son

Post by Guest Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:15 pm

Back to top Go down

Mum praises Santa for taking time out to listen to her autistic son  Empty Re: Mum praises Santa for taking time out to listen to her autistic son

Post by Syl Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:24 pm

That's truly heart warming. Thank you for posting that.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:29 pm

There was another one where a Santa signed to a deaf girl. Her face just lit up.
Made me smile.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:35 pm

Are you thinking of the film Miricle on 34th street?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:55 pm

No there was a video doing the rounds on Facebook. Someone did make the reference to the film though
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:55 pm

I meant there was an actual real story about a deaf girl and Santa signing...
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:08 pm

Are you sure, as you have nearly made up my mind what to get you for christmas?

You have one hour to find this video clip or else you will end up having this the below present for Christmas and the deaf boy video with santa does not count.

Not only a blonde wig, but a perm at that as your present

Mum praises Santa for taking time out to listen to her autistic son  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSd4CuQGpR9ZRY5-8azzZR-PXtaF20o9cqk5T97_KTjV86t8md7w

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:20 pm

Shocked

I quite like Afros lol

Okay i will find it
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:22 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/christmas/12037605/Adorable-video-shows-Santa-signing-to-deaf-girl.html
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:23 pm

And another one

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3334824/Heartwarming-moment-Santa-makes-deaf-six-year-old-girl-s-Christmas-wish-come-true-reading-list-sign-language.html

I love sign language
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:28 pm

So I have to now think of another present.

Okay, fair play, you redeemed yourself.

Seriously, be honest did you google?

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:42 pm

Yes I had to! I couldn't remember what friends wall I saw it on, on my newsfeed.
Then I remembered I had googled it to see if it was true and it was as there were newspaper links.

Another pressie! bounce
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down