NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

St Hild’s Church of England School criticised for forcing female pupils to wear tights as a ‘safeguarding’ measure

+4
eddie
Raggamuffin
nicko
veya_victaous
8 posters

Go down

St Hild’s Church of England School criticised for forcing female pupils to wear tights as a ‘safeguarding’ measure Empty St Hild’s Church of England School criticised for forcing female pupils to wear tights as a ‘safeguarding’ measure

Post by Guest Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:21 pm

School uniform policies have been encouraging debate in the UK in recent months Christopher Furlong/Getty Images. A primary school has come under fire from parents and a women’s right group for forcing all female students to wear black tights in order to ‘protect their modesty’.
St Hild’s Church of England School in Hartlepool took to its website to highlight how it had ‘a particular concern at the moment regarding the length of skirts’ as worn by some female students. Grant Carswell, the deputy head pastoral, highlighted how, in the interest of ‘modesty’ and ensuring children are ‘properly safeguarded on their way to and from school’, the school now requires all female pupils to wear black tights - opaque and no less than 40 denier - when wearing skirts. If this doesn’t suit, black trousers have been suggested as an alternative option. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/st-hild-s-church-of-england-school-criticised-for-forcing-female-pupils-to-wear-tights-as-a-a6730151.html

Back to top Go down

St Hild’s Church of England School criticised for forcing female pupils to wear tights as a ‘safeguarding’ measure Empty Re: St Hild’s Church of England School criticised for forcing female pupils to wear tights as a ‘safeguarding’ measure

Post by veya_victaous Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:46 pm

why does the Church of England want to adopt the Burqa? Neutral

no one shouldn't be forced to wear misogynistic uniforms
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

St Hild’s Church of England School criticised for forcing female pupils to wear tights as a ‘safeguarding’ measure Empty Re: St Hild’s Church of England School criticised for forcing female pupils to wear tights as a ‘safeguarding’ measure

Post by Guest Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:18 pm

veya_victaous wrote:why does the Church of England want to adopt the Burqa? Neutral

That isn't new Veya, I remember when I was at school them measuring from the ground how high the hem of our skirts were!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:33 pm

sassy wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:why does the Church of England want to adopt the Burqa? Neutral

That isn't new Veya, I remember when I was at school them measuring from the ground how high the hem of our skirts were!

yet conservatives will tell us how great the traditions, like the shaming of young girls, are... ironically while opposing someone else bringing their traditions of shaming young girls ... all in the name of the one god mind you Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:21 pm

Who mentioned Burkas?
did I miss something?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:28 pm

nicko wrote:Who mentioned Burkas?
did I miss something?

Same thing blaming females for men not controlling themselves.

the school is operating under the exact same principal, any arguments that support he action of the school Also support enforcing burqas... it is the logical conclusion Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:15 am

It's not that outrageous really. A bit warm in the summer though. Laughing

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:55 pm

Here we go,again!
All it is teaching the girls is this:

You're at school to learn and you should wear sensible clothes.

I'm sick of seeing schools where the girls have tiny little skirts on with their minges hanging out and thick make-up, and designer shoes and bags.

I know which school I'd choose.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:59 pm

eddie wrote:Here we go,again!

I'm sick of seeing schools where the girls have tiny little skirts on with their minges hanging out and thick make-up, and designer shoes and bags.

St Trinians for yourself, so as to join FTL and Cass?

St Hild’s Church of England School criticised for forcing female pupils to wear tights as a ‘safeguarding’ measure 19101153

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:45 pm

Exactly. A lot of employees wouldn't put up with staff having bare legs because it looks a bit unprofessional.

We used to wear tights with socks over the top at school when it got a bit nippy. Laughing

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by eddie Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:22 pm

Didge wrote:

St Hild’s Church of England School criticised for forcing female pupils to wear tights as a ‘safeguarding’ measure 19101153

lol!

Yep! cheers
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by veya_victaous Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:53 pm

good to see the Burqa has broad support in the UK Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

you guys really hate the personal freedom to break from tradition. you are only a hundred years from getting off and seeing an ankle and you want to go back to the state. Suspect Suspect Suspect
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:03 pm

veya_victaous wrote:good to see the Burqa has broad support in the UK Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

you guys really hate the personal freedom to break from tradition. you are only a hundred years from getting off and seeing an ankle and you want to go back to the state. Suspect Suspect Suspect

It's hardly a burka is it? Lots of girls wear black tights over here - and they usually forget to put their skirt on. They call them leggings, but I'm not convinced ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:15 pm

I see the lefty quantum thinking is starting again

on the one hand all these "school girls " are innocent children, to be protected at all costs, and society is to be blamed for 2sexualising "children2

on the other its ok to let them run around with their bits hanging out everywhere wear as little as they wish and do as they wish

just the same tghinking thats brought so many of todays "feral youth " problems

to the lefty ANY form of discipline that carries unpleasnt consequences is verboten

yet its societies fault, (and if possible parents) that these feral youths behave as they do...we should spend a fortune "pandering" to them (which proveably does NOT work)

progressives inhabit so many contra parallel universes at once its no wonder they are a bit crazy

St Hild’s Church of England School criticised for forcing female pupils to wear tights as a ‘safeguarding’ measure Diagon10

a lefty at rest Laughing

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:46 pm

actually victor you sort of got it but then when wrong with blaming progressive or suggestion it it bad

There should not be a RULE there should be a Choice, and they are children and should be taught about their choices and their actual consequences.
it is up to parents to educate their children on appropriate clothing not some institution making a blanket rule that only applies to one gender.

But as a true conservative, i guess you believe men should be wearing tights and breeches
Not like that progressive scum Wellington with his god forsaken 'trousers' Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad  
https://historicalmovies.wordpress.com/2010/02/24/wellingtons-boots/
lol!
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:56 pm

me ? conservative??

pffft

Either
a) you dont understand the meaning of the word "conservative"
or
b) you REALLY dont "get" my politics

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:59 pm

The problem at that particular school seems to be skirt length. I daresay some of them are wearing skirts as if they were belts.

I approve of school uniforms, and I don't think pupils should be able to wear what they like - that sets them up to compete with each other as to who can be most "fashionable".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:20 pm

Lord Foul wrote:me ? conservative??

pffft

Either
or

not always RW but definitely anti progressive which make you conservative unless you are anti every thing Rolling Eyes  

Plus you are being called conservative by an self admitted ultra progressive that advocates replacing politicians with arithmetic logic units. Wink
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:39 pm

veya_victaous wrote:

pffft

Either
or

not always RW but definitely anti progressive which make you conservative unless you are anti every thing Rolling Eyes  

Plus you are being called conservative by an self admitted ultra progressive that advocates replacing politicians with arithmetic logic units. Wink

I'm not even "anti progresive" merely anti stupidity

hmmm...guess that actually does make me anti progressive on the personal level Twisted Evil
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:42 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

pffft

Either
or

I'm not even "anti progresive" merely anti stupidity

hmmm...guess that actually does make me anti progressive on the personal level Twisted Evil

I've always considered you a nationalistic nihilist Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:43 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:The problem at that particular school seems to be skirt length. I daresay some of them are wearing skirts as if they were belts.

I approve of school uniforms, and I don't think pupils should be able to wear what they like - that sets them up to compete with each other as to who can be most "fashionable".

And of course, that's more important than fostering any sense of individuality. Conformity is double-plus good!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:52 pm

so ben in one sentence you want to try to make co-exist the two disparate notions that these girls should be individualistic show off tartlets.....AND innocent child victims of societal sexualisation

hmmmm....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:38 am

Raggamuffin wrote:The problem at that particular school seems to be skirt length. I daresay some of them are wearing skirts as if they were belts.

St Hild’s Church of England School criticised for forcing female pupils to wear tights as a ‘safeguarding’ measure GqTCSGg
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:50 am

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

lol!

Yep! cheers

OI! Oh who am I nodding but I prefer stockings Wink
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:41 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:

And of course, that's more important than fostering any sense of individuality. Conformity is double-plus good!

Yes, it is more important - when they're at school and when it comes to the uniform. They can be individual out of school re their clothes, and they can be individual at school re their personality.

People with jobs often wear uniform. Do you hear people in the armed forces whinging because the uniform means they can't foster a sense of "individuality"? Do you hear nurses say that?

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:34 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Yes, it is more important - when they're at school and when it comes to the uniform. They can be individual out of school re their clothes, and they can be individual at school re their personality.

People with jobs often wear uniform. Do you hear people in the armed forces whinging because the uniform means they can't foster a sense of "individuality"? Do you hear nurses say that?

spot on.

I just don't understand parents/caregivers who do not look thoroughly at a school's policies before their child starts. It's a part of the bigger picture along side test results, teacher/pupil ratios etc... If there is something that you as a parent/caregiver objects to then find another place.

It really is that simple.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down