NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remembrance Day Vow: Lee Rigby's Mother To Visit Schools To Stop Children Becoming Extremists

3 posters

Go down

Remembrance Day Vow: Lee Rigby's Mother To Visit Schools To Stop Children Becoming Extremists Empty Remembrance Day Vow: Lee Rigby's Mother To Visit Schools To Stop Children Becoming Extremists

Post by Guest Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:54 am

The mother of murdered soldier Lee Rigby wants to visit schools to combat radicalisation in the hope she can stop children from following in the footsteps of the extremists who killed her son. Lyn Rigby said the initiative was one of the aims of the family's charity, the Lee Rigby Foundation, which she hopes will become an "astounding legacy" to her son who was murdered as he returned to ­Woolwich barracks in May 2013.
Michael Adebolajo was given a whole-life term and Michael Adebowale was jailed for a minimum of 45 years for his murder.

The foundation was set up to help grieving ­military families, injured veterans and their loved ones, and Rigby is determined it will "make a difference".  Speaking in a Remembrance Sunday interview with the Daily Mirror, Rigby said she wanted to have a positive influence on "young and impressionable kids". She said: "If I can go in to schools with the foundation and teach them the right message it would be an astounding legacy for Lee and one he'd have supported. "Also I want my son's foundation to offer real support to those like me in their darkest hour. When we lost him, I didn't have anyone to turn to. "And it's important to me to support the injured men and women who fought for our country, including those with post-traumatic stress disorder."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/11/08/lee-rigbys-mother-to-visit-schools-in-fight-against-radicalisation_n_8505148.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down

Remembrance Day Vow: Lee Rigby's Mother To Visit Schools To Stop Children Becoming Extremists Empty Re: Remembrance Day Vow: Lee Rigby's Mother To Visit Schools To Stop Children Becoming Extremists

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:20 am

I'm not sure about the mothers of murdered people campaigning in this manner. If someone is thinking of becoming an extremist, they're not going to take any notice of her anyway.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Remembrance Day Vow: Lee Rigby's Mother To Visit Schools To Stop Children Becoming Extremists Empty Re: Remembrance Day Vow: Lee Rigby's Mother To Visit Schools To Stop Children Becoming Extremists

Post by Guest Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:01 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I'm not sure about the mothers of murdered people campaigning in this manner. If someone is thinking of becoming an extremist, they're not going to take any notice of her anyway.

I can understand why she wants to do this, she needs to find a positive in the senseless murder of her son. She wants to make sure that others in her position receive the support she felt she missed out on.

Unless we've been in her position I guess we can't fully understand Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:04 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I'm not sure about the mothers of murdered people campaigning in this manner. If someone is thinking of becoming an extremist, they're not going to take any notice of her anyway.

I can understand why she wants to do this, she needs to find a positive in the senseless murder of her son.  She wants to make sure that others in her position receive the support she felt she missed out on.

Unless we've been in her position I guess we can't fully understand Sad

Well said FTL, have a thanks.x

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:09 pm

Completely disagree, I think that many people who turn to some form of extremism do so in part because they've never heard the other side of the argument, and because they're thus able to paint one group of people as a monochromatic enemy and dehumanise them.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:35 pm

Yah dont say ben???

oh wow ...maybe you ARE beginning to understand the importance of "WHY" in context

I mean dehumanising the enemy is an essential part of wanting to be able to kill them....unless you are a true psychopath
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down