NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extremists are setting up anti-British schools, report claims

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Extremists are setting up anti-British schools, report claims Empty Extremists are setting up anti-British schools, report claims

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:11 am

Nearly 50 unregulated schools set up by extremists are being investigated for being anti-British, it has been claimed. Education authorities are looking into allegations that these schools impart teachings that go against British values. Many of these schools were set up by a teacher embroiled in the Trojan Horse scandal that saw radical Muslims infiltrating school governing bodies in Birmingham, it was alleged. Based around the UK – including Luton, Birmingham, and London, these schools manage to scape prying eyes by operating outside the traditional education system, it was claimed. Many of the students have been pulled out of the mainstream education system, which is overseen by the schools’ watchdog, Ofsted, and the Department for Education (DfE), and are being home schooled without proper regulation or oversight. Children of Somali, Bengali and Pakistani origins are thought to be at risk of being radicalised in their own homes, it was reported. It is a criminal offence to run unregulated schools, which must be registered with the DfE. However, local authorities are responsible to make sure home schooling in their area is providing suitable education for youngsters. Set up as private tutorial centres, unregulated schools find it easier to remain under the radar by teaching only a limited amount of hours per week.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/11531140/Extremists-are-setting-up-anti-British-schools-report-claims.html

Back to top Go down

Extremists are setting up anti-British schools, report claims Empty Re: Extremists are setting up anti-British schools, report claims

Post by eddie Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:26 pm

Be interested to see what some think about this.
I know what I think.

Country is going to shit and this should not be allowed.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Extremists are setting up anti-British schools, report claims Empty Re: Extremists are setting up anti-British schools, report claims

Post by Original Quill Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:19 pm

Brasidas wrote:Nearly 50 unregulated schools set up by extremists are being investigated for being anti-British, it has been claimed. Education authorities are looking into allegations that these schools impart teachings that go against British values. Many of these schools were set up by a teacher embroiled in the Trojan Horse scandal that saw radical Muslims infiltrating school governing bodies in Birmingham, it was alleged. Based around the UK – including Luton, Birmingham, and London, these schools manage to scape prying eyes by operating outside the traditional education system, it was claimed. Many of the students have been pulled out of the mainstream education system, which is overseen by the schools’ watchdog, Ofsted, and the Department for Education (DfE), and are being home schooled without proper regulation or oversight. Children of Somali, Bengali and Pakistani origins are thought to be at risk of being radicalised in their own homes, it was reported. It is a criminal offence to run unregulated schools, which must be registered with the DfE. However, local authorities are responsible to make sure home schooling in their area is providing suitable education for youngsters. Set up as private tutorial centres, unregulated schools find it easier to remain under the radar by teaching only a limited amount of hours per week.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/11531140/Extremists-are-setting-up-anti-British-schools-report-claims.html

Censorship by another name. In this country, thank god, there is such a thing as academic freedom, protected by the First Amendment.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:24 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Brasidas wrote:Nearly 50 unregulated schools set up by extremists are being investigated for being anti-British, it has been claimed. Education authorities are looking into allegations that these schools impart teachings that go against British values. Many of these schools were set up by a teacher embroiled in the Trojan Horse scandal that saw radical Muslims infiltrating school governing bodies in Birmingham, it was alleged. Based around the UK – including Luton, Birmingham, and London, these schools manage to scape prying eyes by operating outside the traditional education system, it was claimed. Many of the students have been pulled out of the mainstream education system, which is overseen by the schools’ watchdog, Ofsted, and the Department for Education (DfE), and are being home schooled without proper regulation or oversight. Children of Somali, Bengali and Pakistani origins are thought to be at risk of being radicalised in their own homes, it was reported. It is a criminal offence to run unregulated schools, which must be registered with the DfE. However, local authorities are responsible to make sure home schooling in their area is providing suitable education for youngsters. Set up as private tutorial centres, unregulated schools find it easier to remain under the radar by teaching only a limited amount of hours per week.

Censorship by another name.  In this country, thank god, there is such a thing as academic freedom, protected by the First Amendment.

The problem is if this report is right, then you have a group trying to create the worst disharmony in this country by deliberately going against the values taught here. This then is teaching values at odds with equality and well being and that to me is a very worrying matter indeed, if children are being denied a decent education and instead an indoctrinated religious education, which is going to make life difficult for these children and be able to fit and integrate into British society.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:41 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Censorship by another name.  In this country, thank god, there is such a thing as academic freedom, protected by the First Amendment.

Exactly. Some parents also believe that the national curriculum is a form of brain washing, especially when it comes to historical bias.

Why should parents who use homeschooling legitimately be forced to pay registration fees?

You're not going to stop extremism this way.

Some parents?
The ones that are brainwashed with religion you mean lol.
I think it is a absolute necessity that a child is given a
balanced education, not one born from poor bias as it would from the view you are claiming.
What historical bias are you speaking of would be a start?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:49 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

Some parents?
balanced education, not one born from poor bias as it would from the view you are claiming.

Who mentioned relgion? The people I know who homeschool are not even remotely religious. Let alone Muslim. This shows how prejudice you are to assume I was referring to Muslims. In fact they are all white, middle class, Anglo Saxons.

Re: history - they feel it is taught with a western bias.

Who mentioned Muslims?
Nobody except yourself using the pathetic victim status as per usual.
What Western bias and on what areas?
I think you will find that on history in this country espcially it is anything but bias and rightly condemns Europeans when they have done wrong.
So making the most subjective views you are doing is poor, you need to back it up with evidence.
The second point is you want to change the education system, then use the democratic means to do so.
Anglo Saxons? Now who is being an idiot not understanding the ethnicity of these Isles, with the worst sterotype possible

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Brasidas wrote:Some parents?

Some loaded terms there, didge.  For example, what constitutes "a balanced education?"  Which is "biased?" And, "...disharmony in this country by deliberately going against the values taught here," must have played well in Germany, circa 1933.

I think your argument goes in a direction quite the opposite of equality.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:57 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Brasidas wrote:Some parents?

Some loaded terms there, didge.  For example, what constitutes "a balanced education?"  Which is "biased?"  And, "...disharmony in this country by deliberately going against the values taught here," must have played well in Germany, circa 1933.

I think your argument goes in a direction quite the opposite of equality.

Really how so?
You see it is your idiot first amendment that allows for religious views that discriminateto be taught, which is why you have far greater problems in the US and why discrimination is a huge problem compared to the UK. Where you have a neutral based education which is what we have, then why is that wrong? You offer nothing to counter that view but to allow an education system at odds with equality
The values of this country is equality, where in this Salafist schools it is not the case
So unless you offer evidence, you are just providing me poor opinion you have

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:10 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

Who mentioned Muslims?
Nobody except yourself using the pathetic victim status as per usual.
What Western bias and on what areas?
I think you will find that on history in this country espcially it is anything but bias and rightly condemns Europeans when they have done wrong.
So making the most subjective views you are doing is poor, you need to back it up with evidence.
The second point is you want to change the education system, then use the democratic means to do so.
Anglo Saxons? Now who is being an idiot not understanding the ethnicity of these Isles, with the worst sterotype possible

Pathetic victim status? LOL!

You assumed I was talking about religous groups and I corrected your prejudice. I caught you with your panties down. Which explains your little outburst above.

Just be careful next time and you won't look such a fool. Just some friendly advice mate.

You corrected nothing, you just wrongly assumed because you do play off the Muslim victim status all the time, which is utterly pathetic.
I need no advice from a brainwashed religious drone, so thanks for the offer, but you have just completely deflected off the main points of the deabte.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:14 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

You corrected nothing, you just wrongly assumed because you do play off the Muslim victim status all the time, which is utterly pathetic.
I need no advice from a brainwashed religious drone, so thanks for the offer, but you have just completely deflected off the main points of the deabte.

Aah, poor baby.

I was being friendly. There's no need to lose it and start throwing insults.  

Hilarious, I am fine and dandy hun, you just make me crack up when you play the psychology card, when you know fuck all about it.
You are religiously brainwashed, as your views are swayed by beliefs, that have no evidence to back them up, which is odd being as you claimed on the other thread to use facts

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:24 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

Hilarious, I am fine and dandy hun, you just make me crack up when you play the psychology card, when you know fuck all about it.
You are religiously brainwashed, as your views are swayed by beliefs, that have no evidence to back them up, which is odd being as you claimed on the other thread to use facts

Do you call everyone one pathetic drones when you're calm then? Lol!

You have clearly become quite antagonistic towards those with relligous beliefs. That is quite worrying.

And someone who quotes Sam Harris ALL THE TIME, I think it's quite funny you think I'm brainwashed.

Calm down mate. If you continue to insult me, I'll treat you like a little twat. Final warning. I suggest you take it.

Actually I said "brainwashed religious drone" of which you are, as to me there is no evidence for religion, yet you take it as factual, that is being brainwashed and a drone in my book.
No I just have little respect for people who place more onus and belief in written works by men hundreds of years old in regards to how to live their lives, which is the most worrying thing you will find. So much so we see the effects of this daily..
As to a warning, behave, from you?
Give it your best shot, you will only prove me right in regards to those religious.
I have no beef with religious people who do not try to impose their religious views or claim them as facts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:50 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

Actually I said "brainwashed religious drone" of which you are, as to me there is no evidence for religion, yet you take it as factual, that is being brainwashed and a drone in my book.
No I just have little respect for people who place more onus and belief in written works by men hundreds of years old in regards to how to live their lives, which is the most worrying thing you will find. So much so we see the effects of this daily..
As to a warning, behave, from you?
Give it your best shot, you will only prove me right in regards to those religious.
I have no beef with religious people who do not try to impose their religious views or claim them as facts.

Now who's playing the little victim, to take my warning as a religious threat. Not all Muslims a terrorists, my friend.

Your reason for any lack of respect denotes your true arrogance. I don't disrespect you becuase of what you do or don't believe. I don't respect you as a person.

Never took it as a religious threat but an expectation of how a religious person reacts, which I am bang on the money.
I respect many people including many religious people, but I do not respect you, because you are brainwashed and do not have an open mind.
So I really am not going to lose any sleep over you not respecting me, as I say, you are a brainwashed religious drone who cannot think for himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:15 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

Never took it as a religious threat but an expectation of how a religious person reacts, which I am bang on the money.
I respect many people including many religious people, but I do not respect you, because you are brainwashed and do not have an open mind.
So I really am not going to lose any sleep over you not respecting me, as I say, you are a brainwashed religious drone who cannot think for himself

Certainly wouldn't want you to lose any sleep. You're cranky enough as it is.

Assumption based on no evidence, just you being a sore loser.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:53 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

Assumption based on no evidence, just you being a sore loser.

You should start meditating to relieve your stress.

You should try something else from wanking, losing your virginity would be a start

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:58 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

You should try something else from wanking, losing your virginity would be a start

Oh dear. You keep making all these sexually repressive jokes which can only indicate one thing. You need to stop spending all day and night on this board.

Seriously, it seems you the one who needs sex-ed classes.

I am not here all day and night and that shows now how emotionally you are getting and that clearly I hit a raw nerve on my last point ha ha
As I say lose your virginity, and believe me, all that frustration released will make you a far more tolerant person.
I am only looking out for your best interest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:33 pm

@quill, yeah YOUR education system is so damn good half your population beleives in creationism,
whilst the other half believes in the imminance of some sort of zombie armageddon

yep thats a good education system

@the fuzzy one

if these are "schools" in priciple even if not strictly as defined in law (i.e follow the spirit of the law )
then they should be closed ...simple really

they are apparantly teaching extremist points of view so not acceptable under ANY circumstance

and

@ everyone else...whats the betting most if not all of them exist in L/W council areas.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:25 am

darknessss wrote:@quill, yeah YOUR education system is so damn good half your population beleives in creationism,
whilst the other half believes in the imminance of some sort of zombie armageddon

You are talking religion, Vic. Yes, in some regions the religious right will unteach what our schools teach. I can't speak for every classroom in the nation, but I tend to believe that academic freedom makes for a better system than the one you have over there...if I'm to believe didge.

I went to grade school and high school in Berkeley, and teachers were given their own lead. It doesn't sound like you English have the same advantageous system. I know that's not true of Scotland, which has one of the finest education system in the world...including the best universities over there.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:18 am

Original Quill wrote:
darknessss wrote:@quill, yeah YOUR education system is so damn good half your population beleives in creationism,

You are talking religion, Vic.  Yes, in some regions the religious right will unteach what our schools teach.  I can't speak for every classroom in the nation, but I tend to believe that academic freedom makes for a better system than the one you have over there...if I'm to believe didge.

I went to grade school and high school in Berkeley, and teachers were given their own lead.  It doesn't sound like you English have the same advantageous system.  I know that's not true of Scotland, which has one of the finest education system in the world...including the best universities over there.

That means you system allows for false beliefs to be taught even more in regards to things like creationism as a science, when it is no more than a belief, that is not good in anyway at all because it is teaching aspects that do not have any evidence to back them, let alone how such school systems will allow for the worst bias and discrimination yet again formed from religious ideals. It is why you still have a massive problem with discrimination. We are very much given our own lead in this country and the ability to be objective to everything, so your claims are unjustified. What we have here is schools where children are being taught ultra orthodox religious views that go against the very cohesion of society and you are excusing that. If you want to have good schooling, it has to be based on the equality and well being of people, which the US lacks greatly, because it allows beliefs to supersede facts. That is nothing short but an appalling educational system in the US, it is not academically free either, because in some cases it is brainwashing children with again beliefs like creationism as scientific facts. It allows then for discrimination against people, where it does not allow this to be questioned but bases a myth as the reason to for example condemn people like homosexuals.

In every aspect the British schooling system is far more academically free than the US.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:37 am

Brasidas wrote:In every aspect the British schooling system is far more academically free than the US.

I don't think it holds a candle to the US. Y'all don't have a First Amendment, and I'm reminded of the many laws you have excepting certain subjects from free speech and association.

Again, I think Scotland comes nearest to the standard.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:42 am

Original Quill wrote:
Brasidas wrote:In every aspect the British schooling system is far more academically free than the US.

I don't think it holds a candle to the US.  Y'all don't have a First Amendment, and I'm reminded of the many laws you have excepting certain subjects from free speech and association.

Again it is because of your flawed first amendment that you educational system is allowed to discriminate, it is because of this that see a state promote law to discriminate against homosexuals, so I really would not use something that is being used to actively discriminate against people as your defense.
Your educational systems allow for the worst unscientific views to be taught as so called facts.
That is not academic freedom, but indoctrination

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:39 am

yeah no way I'd pick the US education system, the funding model alone makes it in defensible as a public system. Very much a user pays system, which is unethical in education Unless you want to keep the poor kids poor .
First amendment is not actually good, all it is is the Right to lie as long as you are stupid enough to believe it is true.

consistency in great eduction Wink
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_Index

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:42 am

The first amendment isn't actually supposed to be a right to lie, of course. It's intended to prevent government-dictated "truths" to be forced upon the public.

It's actually a pretty humanist philosophy, if you're courageous enough to think past anti-Americanism and see it for what it is.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:43 am

Brasidas wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I don't think it holds a candle to the US.  Y'all don't have a First Amendment, and I'm reminded of the many laws you have excepting certain subjects from free speech and association.

Again it is because of your flawed first amendment that you educational system is allowed to discriminate, it is because of this that see a state promote law to discriminate against homosexuals, so I really would not use something that is being used to actively discriminate against people as your defense.
Your educational systems allow for the worst unscientific views to be taught as so called facts.

We have more people living in jurisdictions that allow gay marriage than you do.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:43 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:The first amendment isn't actually supposed to be a right to lie, of course. It's intended to prevent government-dictated "truths" to be forced upon the public.

It's actually a pretty humanist philosophy, if you're courageous enough to think past anti-Americanism and see it for what it is.

As seen it is fundamentally flawed and as seen allows for the worst discrimination from religion.
Time that amendment was changed, it is outof date

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:45 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

We have more people living in jurisdictions that allow gay marriage than you do.

Really?
Where in England can homosexuals not marry then?
Talk about avoiding every point made and proving how a patriot you are to the US, which is fucking hilariously ironic in view of the other thread.
How lefties end up contradicting themselves lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:48 am

Brasidas wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

Really?
Talk about avoiding every point made and proving how a patriot you are to the US, which is fucking hilariously ironic in view of the other thread.

Are you so behind the times that you don't realize that more than 224 MILLION Americans live in states where gay marriage is legal?

You Brits couldn't fuck your way to that total in a century, if you had the mind to!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:50 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

Really?

Are you so behind the times that you don't realize that more than 224 MILLION Americans live in states where gay marriage is legal?

You Brits couldn't fuck your way to that total in a century, if you had the mind to!

so you base your argument on millions and not percentages.
How fucking stupid are you.
Do you want to do the percentages dummy?
Gay marriage is legal in the whole of the UK, that means for all UK citizens.
Trump that dumbass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:59 am

Brasidas wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

Really?

Trump that dumbass

OK, how about the fact that it hasn't been legal in the UK for even a year now?

Whereas Massachusetts, which has a fifth of your population and a much lower population density, has had legal gay marriage for over a decade. Our states have allowed same-sex marriage to far more people than your blighted land could even contain for years longer than your backward country has.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:04 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

Trump that dumbass

OK, how about the fact that it hasn't been legal in the UK for even a year now?

Whereas Massachusetts, which has a fifth of your population and a much lower population density, has had legal gay marriage for over a decade. Our states have allowed same-sex marriage to far more people than your blighted land could even contain for years longer than your backward country has.

Really that is news to me and the whole of the UK

https://www.gov.uk/government/policies/creating-a-fairer-and-more-equal-society/supporting-pages/equal-marriage-for-gay-lesbian-bisexual-and-trans-people-and-protecting-lgbt-rights

So you have some states that have had this longer. Whoop dee doo, the fact is as a nation it is not legal, the point so far above your pay grade it is embarrassing for you and why is this?
Because of your daft first amendment.
Your country is so backwards because as seen its own laws allows for discrimination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:06 am

How many points do you have to concede before you give up? As a nation it is indeed legal, and we do indeed have many times as much as your entire population living in freedom.

And, does Britain mean to disown us now? Smile Because that would be fucking awesome, we could finally tell you guys preaching that we must use superfluous U's in our spelling to shove it up your ASSES ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:10 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:How many points do you have to concede before you give up? As a nation it is indeed legal, and we do indeed have many times as much as your entire population living in freedom.

And, does Britain mean to disown us now? Smile Because that would be fucking awesome, we could finally tell you guys preaching that we must use superfluous U's in our spelling to shove it up your ASSES ...

Seriously how drunk are you Ben, because none of the above makes any sense.
Clearly you have been wound up and taking out your anger on me, which is even funnier, because as a nation the US does not have full gay marriage, that is a fact, because your daft laws allow states to be separate from the rest of the nation.
You are just one very bitter Yank, who does little to change the crap laws that you have that allow for such religious bigotry in your country and all again because of the flawed first amendment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:15 am

Brasidas wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:How many points do you have to concede before you give up? As a nation it is indeed legal, and we do indeed have many times as much as your entire population living in freedom.

Clearly you have been wound up and taking out your anger on me, which is even funnier, because as a nation the US does not have full gay marriage, that is a fact, because your daft laws allow states to be separate from the rest of the nation.
You are just one very bitter Yank, who does little to change the crap laws that you have that allow for such religious bigotry in your country and all again because of the flawed first amendment.

You're wrong, I'm a proud Yank Smile

Do you know what percent of the U.S. lives in states that don't have legal gay marriage?

I'll wait for you to pick up on it; you obviously share in the dotterage of your declining and increasingly (somewhat alarmingly) irrelevant culture ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:19 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

You're wrong, I'm a proud Yank Smile

Do you know what percent of the U.S. lives in states that don't have legal gay marriage?

I'll wait for you to pick up on it; you obviously share in the dotterage of your declining and increasingly (somewhat alarmingly) irrelevant culture ...

Again your argument is desperate, because as a nation you do not have homosexual equality, your daft first amendment puts paid to that, which at every turn you avoid. The UK as a nation does have gay equality, which again makes your argument look very weak.
Our irrelevant culture?
Ha Ha, your culture was born from the English
You Texans do have such over inflated ego's which makes my day, you are still running around with assault rifles scared of your own shadows

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:21 am

Freedom of expression hasn't stopped 37 out of the 50 states (and all the most populous ones) from legalizing gay marriage.

It has stopped us from throwing people in jail or fining them for using the occasional non-PC word.

I know you envy that, you wanna-be assault-rifle-toting redneck, you ... Wink
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:24 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Freedom of expression hasn't stopped 37 out of the 50 states (and all the most populous ones) from legalizing gay marriage.

It has stopped us from throwing people in jail or fining them for using the occasional non-PC word.

I know you envy that, you wanna-be assault-rifle-toting redneck, you ... Wink

That still leaves you with 13, how embarrassing for you, and all because of your daft first amendment.
I am grateful to not have to live in such a daft nation which endorses creationism as a fact in schools as science, that advocates racism and discrimination.
That is not something to be proud of but embarrassed of son.
Hence why your daily routine is this:

Extremists are setting up anti-British schools, report claims Sand

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:28 am

Oh yeah, 13 states with the combined population of a little rinky-dink town, like London or something ...

Anyway, I've been a great audience and you are honored to be here tonight Smile

USA! USA! USA! USA! Extremists are setting up anti-British schools, report claims 4152582110
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:30 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Oh yeah, 13 states with the combined population of a little rinky-dink town, like London or something ...

USA! USA! USA! USA! Extremists are setting up anti-British schools, report claims 4152582110

13 states that ensure you are not a united nation in its laws ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

USA, the place to ensure you will be discriminated against and likely shot for just being black.
The land of the free.
If ever there was a statement that was bollocks, then that is it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:31 am

Brasidas wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Oh yeah, 13 states with the combined population of a little rinky-dink town, like London or something ...

13 states that ensure you are not a united nation in its laws ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

USA, the place to ensure you will be discriminated against and likely shot for just being black.
The land of the free.

Shows how much you know about your so-called daughter-land. I'm frankly shocked. Maybe we should insist on spelling words the way we want if that's what you know about this much-greater-nation-than-yours you insist on claiming you had some part of (sulk).
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:33 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

The land of the free.

Shows how much you know about your so-called daughter-land. I'm frankly shocked. Maybe we should insist on spelling words the way we want if that's what you know about this much-greater-nation-than-yours you insist on claiming you had some part of .

Do as you like, your nation is seen by many to be backwards in its discrimination, so you might as well use force to do as you always do, when you do not get your way now with spelling.
I have to go to work, as much as I am enjoying debating a pissed Texan.

Bye Ben, hope you sleep well 

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:37 am

Brasidas wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

The land of the free.

Shows how much you know about your so-called daughter-land. I'm frankly shocked. Maybe we should insist on spelling words the way we want if that's what you know about this much-greater-nation-than-yours you insist on claiming you had some part of .

Do as you like, your nation is seen by many to be backwards in its discrimination, so you might as well use force to do as you always do, when you do not get your way now with spelling.
I have to go to work, as much as I am enjoying debating a pissed Texan.

Bye Ben, hope you sleep well 

Laughing

Eh, I'm not sleeping, I'm all wired from being on deadline today. I swear, I've been up for 16 hours now and show no signs of tiring out, the way normal people would ...

Seriously though, we have 224 million people living in a place they can get married even if they're gay. I will take the piss out of the U.S. with the best of them, because I want my country to keep getting better, but that number even impresses an old cynic like me.

Sure, there are a lot of reasons for that besides "we're all enlightened people here now," but still, the majority of the U.S. public now supports gay marriage in every poll taken for the past several years. I'm going to be proud of that. And I am, actually, proud that the whole UK allows it. We cool? Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:40 am

You are still missing every point made, I suggest you are suffering from sleep deprivation judging by your answers and your admission to lack of sleep.
Not denying there are some decent Yank people, we speak to Cass, who is, but not all are good and even worse your laws allow states to be separate from the rest of the US.
That is just plain stupid on every level which allows for the worst discrimination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next