NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rescue Flight U-Turns Leave Thousands Stranded

5 posters

Go down

Rescue Flight U-Turns Leave Thousands Stranded Empty Rescue Flight U-Turns Leave Thousands Stranded

Post by Guest Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:43 pm

Thousands of British passengers could be stranded in Sharm El Sheikh over the weekend after a day of chaos that saw rescue planes performing U-turns in mid-air.

The first planes carrying holidaymakers have begun to land in the UK but the vast majority of those tourists who thought they would be coming home were left frustrated at the terminal.

It comes as the US announces new measures to tighten air security and Russia suspends flights to Egypt after Saturday's Russian passenger jet crash, which Britain says was likely caused by a terrorist bomb.

The UK had organised 29 rescue flights but Egypt said it would allow just eight to depart from Sharm El Sheikh on Friday.

http://news.sky.com/story/1583031/rescue-flight-u-turns-leave-thousands-stranded

Back to top Go down

Rescue Flight U-Turns Leave Thousands Stranded Empty Re: Rescue Flight U-Turns Leave Thousands Stranded

Post by Guest Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:47 pm

Sinai plane crash: Russia suspends Egypt flights

Russia has ordered the suspension of all flights to Egypt following indications that the crash near Sharm el-Sheikh was caused by a bomb.

President Vladimir Putin has also asked for up to 50,000 Russian holiday-makers currently in Egypt to be repatriated.
The UK has suspended flights to Sharm el-Sheikh and is bringing Britons home.

The move comes after intercepted "chatter" suggesting a bomb was put in the plane's hold prior to take-off, killing all 224 people on board.

Militants linked to the Islamic State group (IS) say they downed the plane.

The Metrojet Airbus A321 was flying from Sharm el-Sheikh to St Petersburg when it came down in Sinai on Saturday. Most of the victims were Russian.

Militants from the Sinai Province group, linked to IS, have not said how they destroyed the plane. IS has called for a war against both Russia and the US over their air strikes in Syria.

The BBC understands that UK officials received intelligence based on intercepted communications between militants in the Sinai Peninsula, indicating an explosive device may have been put inside or on top of the luggage just before the plane took off.

An unnamed investigator has told French news agency AFP that the plane's flight data recorder had shown that "everything was normal during the flight, absolutely normal, and suddenly there was nothing", suggesting a "violent, sudden" explosion.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34743216

Back to top Go down

Rescue Flight U-Turns Leave Thousands Stranded Empty Re: Rescue Flight U-Turns Leave Thousands Stranded

Post by eddie Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:49 pm

I'd never go to Egypt on holiday whilst this shit is kicking off.

Think I'll head for Cornwall rather than abroad, next year
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:58 pm

After falling ill in Malta, I've decided I'm staying put too!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:03 pm

Take a Narrow Boat trip on English canals. .
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:06 pm

eddie wrote:I'd never go to Egypt on holiday whilst this shit is kicking off.

I went to Egypt for the first time in early October.  It was amazing and I had a fantastic time; beautiful hotel, the food was the best I've had anywhere in the world.  We flew into Hurgarda and this airport was unaffected last time I looked.  I feel for the people, they are so dependent on tourism.

I was apprehensive at the time, with all this kicking off you wouldn't have got me anywhere near that plane Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:08 pm

nicko wrote:Take a Narrow Boat trip on English canals.  .

It does make you feel that way Nicko x

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:09 pm

They could lock arms with Syrians and trek up into Europe. Watch out at the Hungarian frontier...bring a tent.

Oh, and um...keep a look out for UKIP types with shotguns. And don't join any of those gangs of roving Islamic rapists. What a Face

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:15 pm

We did the Norfolk broads on boat

Brilliant holiday!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:21 pm

eddie wrote:

Brilliant holiday!

Going over the aqueduct into Wales on a narrow boat is scary.

Rescue Flight U-Turns Leave Thousands Stranded Ea8703003d5d44a38c4437094d7ce14d

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:14 pm

eddie wrote:

Brilliant holiday!
I did a Norfolk broad as well many years ago in Kings Lynn. Met her at the town hall dancing and took her to the pictures the next night. Think the cinema was called the Pilot. I had those double seats in the back row. Still had time after that for a couple of drinks and then a little bit of magic. lol
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:18 pm

You and your conquests lol.  Were she a real ol Narfak gerl?

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:27 pm

eddie wrote:I'd never go to Egypt on holiday whilst this shit is kicking off.

I wouldn't, not if the big boys kick off there is a nuc station not to far from there.
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:28 pm

sassy wrote:You and your conquests lol.  Were she a real ol Narfak gerl?

Well she was warm and I didn't need to blow her up. Very real lol
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:29 pm

It's a Narfak saying lol.  So glad you didn't have to blow her up, probably wouldn't have had the breath with the smoking lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:35 pm

sassy wrote:It's a Narfak saying lol.  So glad you didn't have to blow her up, probably wouldn't have had the breath with the smoking lol

I was very young back then and sometimes feel as though I was used. lol
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:36 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!   LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:43 pm

It must be hellish out there waiting to get out. Around 20000 Brits and around 45000 Russians are there on holiday at the moment. The aircraft en route from the UK had to turn back or delay because the airport couldn't handle that many at a time according to the Egyptians.

Safety is paramount and our government have handled this well I would say
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:44 pm

Russian has stopped planes as well.  Apparently hotels are making people pay for the extra nights and telling them they will have to get the money back from insurers.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:57 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
eddie wrote:

Brilliant holiday!
I did a Norfolk broad as well many years ago in Kings Lynn. Met her at the town hall dancing and took her to the pictures the next night. Think the cinema was called the Pilot. I had those double seats in the back row. Still had time after that for a couple of drinks and then a little bit of magic. lol

Rolling Eyes was this real or were you having a whisky-fuelled, wet dream?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:15 am

eddie wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
eddie wrote:

Brilliant holiday!

Rolling Eyes  was this real or were you having a whisky-fuelled, wet dream?

I hate whisky - makes me sick and it's disgusting. I'm pretty sure it was real - well it felt like it at the time lol
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:28 am

As Russia has stopped all flights in and out of Egypt the 45,000 holiday makers from Russia should just make ther way to the shores of the Red Sea and wait for a man with long hair and a beard carrying a staff to come along and part the waters so that they can walk out and claim the land on the other side as theirs forever. It's been done before you know.

Maybe that's the plan.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:28 am

Don't ever say that about whisky again.
It's the drink of Gods.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:31 am

eddie wrote:Don't ever say that about whisky again.
It's the drink of Gods.

In that case I repent Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:15 pm

Stranded Brits could face ten day delay to get home, officials say - latest news

British official in Sharm el-Sheikh resort says British government is increasing the number of flights and will return about 2,000 nationals today on nine planes

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/11981239/Russian-plane-crash-sharm-el-sheikh-stranded-British-tourists-missile-latest-updates.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:48 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
eddie wrote:Don't ever say that about whisky again.
It's the drink of Gods.

In that case I repent Laughing

LOL, my real treat is Calvados.

Back to the subject, it suddenly struck me, why aren't they busing people to another airport, I'm sure Egypt has more than one!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down