NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dumb Guy Tries To Return a Printer With Counterfeit Money Sheet Still Inside

4 posters

Go down

Dumb Guy Tries To Return a Printer With Counterfeit Money Sheet Still Inside Empty Dumb Guy Tries To Return a Printer With Counterfeit Money Sheet Still Inside

Post by Lurker Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:38 pm

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/technolog/would-be-counterfeiter-tries-return-printer-fake-money-still-inside-1C8793604

Yes, when Carr went to Walmart to return the printer last week, he didn't have a receipt. Not only was it missing the paper tray and installer CD, there was a sheet of paper in it — with two $100 bills printed on it.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Dumb Guy Tries To Return a Printer With Counterfeit Money Sheet Still Inside Empty Re: Dumb Guy Tries To Return a Printer With Counterfeit Money Sheet Still Inside

Post by JohnEAngel Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:04 pm

he needed beer and cigarette money.

JohnEAngel
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Dumb Guy Tries To Return a Printer With Counterfeit Money Sheet Still Inside Empty Re: Dumb Guy Tries To Return a Printer With Counterfeit Money Sheet Still Inside

Post by Caution Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:02 am

When I worked at Xerox, I learned that the Secret Service has them insert code to the image processing board's firmware that will add a microscopic matrix of yellow dots to every sheet that comes out, including all of that counterfeit money you're printing. The tiny tracker has the date and the printer's serial number, perhaps more. I've seen a couple videos over the years of people attempting to decode it with varying levels of success.
Caution
Caution
the Ghost who mods, Lord of the Shadow realms, *may contain peanuts

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSchool Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:35 am

@caution- What about other countries like China and Cambodia? Do you think they have the same encoded yellow dots to deter counterfeiters?
DrSchool
DrSchool
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Caution Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:34 pm

I don't know for sure but I would imagine other brands do it too...
Caution
Caution
the Ghost who mods, Lord of the Shadow realms, *may contain peanuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down