NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are Trump Supporters Too Dumb To Know They’re Dumb? Science Says “Probably”

+6
Andy
Original Quill
eddie
Ben Reilly
Victorismyhero
Irn Bru
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Are Trump Supporters Too Dumb To Know They’re Dumb? Science Says “Probably” Empty Are Trump Supporters Too Dumb To Know They’re Dumb? Science Says “Probably”

Post by Irn Bru Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:33 pm

How the hell can anybody call themselves intelligent when they’re supporting Donald Trump? It’s a question that baffles people who are able to think critically, able to read and comprehend both history and current events, and able to see through Trump’s thin façade of know-it-all-ism and deep into what he is – an ignorant, narcissistic, and dangerous conman.

Trump supporters not only don’t see this, they’re happy that there’s someone running for president that thinks exactly like them. Take Melanie Austin, of Brownsville, Pennsylvania. She thought her beliefs about Obama being a gay Muslim from Kenya and Michelle being transgender were just fringe beliefs – right up until she started hearing similar stuff from Trump and other right-wing extremists.

Now she knows she’s right about all of this. You can’t tell her that she’s ignorant and dumb if she can’t figure this out for herself. You can’t tell her she’s delusional. You can sit there with her, and countless others like her, and present facts, figures, charts, studies, and more, all from the most reputable sources there are, and prove that her lord and savior is wrong, and you’ll still get shot down.

There’s more to this than the problem of confirmation bias. Austin gets much of her information from fringe right-wing blogs and conspiracy sites, but that’s not all of it. Many of Trump’s supporters are seriously too dumb to know they’re dumb. It’s called the Dunning-Kruger effect, and it’s an unshakeable illusion that you’re much smarter, and more skilled and/or knowledgeable, than you really are.

http://addictinginfo.org/2016/10/02/are-trump-supporters-too-dumb-to-know-theyre-dumb-science-says-probably/

I hardly think that's true but if there really is scientific evidence to prove this then who am I to argue.

Smile

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Are Trump Supporters Too Dumb To Know They’re Dumb? Science Says “Probably” Empty Re: Are Trump Supporters Too Dumb To Know They’re Dumb? Science Says “Probably”

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:47 pm

ahh the left adopt pseudo science at last , a modern form of eugenics....
psychobabble

a discipline regarded as a science, which however, FAILS to meet the required tests of repeatability, and reliability relying instead on subjective measures and statistical jiggery pokery and has NO means of calibrating its "test equipment"

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Are Trump Supporters Too Dumb To Know They’re Dumb? Science Says “Probably” Empty Re: Are Trump Supporters Too Dumb To Know They’re Dumb? Science Says “Probably”

Post by Guest Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:47 pm

I think that the world is going to hell on a handcart and Trump supporters show exactly why it is.   The fact that there are so many people willing to support a hateful misogynistic bankrupt conman for the most powerful position in the world, is an indictment of western so called 'civilisation'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:51 pm

Who needs scientists for evidence?  Smile

"You have one day until the election. You know what that means? The election is tomorrow."

(Donald Trump)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:54 pm

Lord Foul wrote:ahh the left adopt pseudo science at last , a modern form of eugenics....
psychobabble

a discipline regarded as a science, which however, FAILS to meet the required tests of repeatability, and reliability relying instead on subjective measures and statistical jiggery pokery and has NO means of calibrating its "test equipment"

Why are you always assuming the latest psychological research is going to lead to mass murder? It'd be comical if it weren't so dark ...

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:59 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:ahh the left adopt pseudo science at last , a modern form of eugenics....
psychobabble

Why are you always assuming the latest psychological research is going to lead to mass murder? It'd be comical if it weren't so dark ...

I have to bear in mind the "lefty" (EURO LEFTY BEN>>>DONT PANIC)  mind set....
if not mass murder ...mass disenfranchisement at least.....

You KNOW they dont like competition or dissent.....

Last edited by Lord Foul on Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:00 pm

How you can talk such rubbish and actually believe it I have no idea.   It will cause your brain to explode.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:02 pm

sassy wrote:How you can talk such rubbish and actually believe it I have no idea.   It will cause your brain to explode.

I only have to read what your caucus on here spout.....

and ...at least I have something to explode........ Rolling Eyes
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:04 pm

Children.... Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:04 pm

Sorry LF, but you have become a broken record.   It began as amusing, became tedious and now doesn't even register.   You will go gibbering into the sunset mouthing, left, left, left, left ..........  ad nauseum.

BTW, my 'caucus'?   Is that a bit like a cabbage?

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:11 pm

given its members....do you HAVE to ask???
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:17 pm

It has members?   How do you get members on a cabbage?   Is this a quiz, if so, can we have questions that make sense.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:19 pm

Well I'm confused....
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:21 pm

Well I know someone else is, but he's not likely to admit it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:23 pm

yerr..right ho....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:24 pm

My, you admit it then.   That's a first.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:36 pm

one word for you...mendacious
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:40 pm

Oh don't be ridiculous.   Really, that is truly laughable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:54 pm

sassy wrote:Oh don't be ridiculous.   Really, that is truly laughable.

my reply in fight club..... Laughing
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:11 am

Lord Foul wrote:
sassy wrote:Oh don't be ridiculous.   Really, that is truly laughable.

my reply in fight club..... Laughing

Man...Phillip, you change man...

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:22 am

Your wooden spoon is in the post Rolling Eyes
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:37 am

She's a leftie right enough - and a good one.

Rika Christensen has suffered from severe liberalism for the last several years, causing her to seek a career in writing about politics from the liberal viewpoint. She has become a strong advocate of women's rights and workers' rights, and she's an avid animal rights and welfare activist as well. Rika has a serious problem with tea party politics, as she believes that the best solutions to the world's problems come from groups of people who don't all think the same way. The tea party is so conservative that not only are they racist, misogynist, classist, selfish, and such fear-mongerers that they vote against their own interests, but they do not believe in working with the "enemy" either. Rika's hatred of tea party politics and the idea that cooperating means colluding with some "enemy" is what really prompted her to start writing on liberal politics.

http://www.ifyouonlynews.com/author/rika-christensen/

My kinda gal.

Tell me Victor. What's your views on Trump?
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:40 am

My view on trump.....

some one PLEASE.....stand him against a brick wall and shoot.....for the good of all mankind
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:46 am

Lord Foul wrote:My view on trump.....

some one PLEASE.....stand him against a brick wall and shoot.....for the good of all mankind

Thank you.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:50 am

you are welcome I'm sure....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:29 am

As for the Dunning-Kruger effect, it actually has been tested. Dunning and Kruger tested undergraduates on a variety of skills and asked them to estimate the grade they'd receive. Students who performed poorly consistently overrated their ability, while ironically, students who performed well underrated their ability. (If something is easy for you, you assume it must be easy for others and thus underrate your performance.)

When you lack the skill to do well at something, you often lack the ability to recognize what distinguishes good work from poor work.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:35 am

did they "calibrate" their test equipment

is it repeatable with a random selection of people?

is it ALWAYS, without exception accurate

could I take any ONE single random person and 100% of the time doing so, 100% accurately predict his result

NO...THEN IT ISNT SCIENCE
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:56 am

Make the most of it Vic, but I 100% agree that is EXACTLY what needs to happen.
A lone sniper will suffice though.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:54 pm

Seconded.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:34 pm

If you tweet jokes about killing Trump, the Secret Service will find you

As this is an American hosted website, Handy Andy and Lord Foul could face extradition attempts by the US authorities to face trial in the US.

http://mashable.com/2016/03/08/secret-service-trump-threats-twitter/#sb4SW8lcpPqb

You fate may lie in the hands of the Home Secretary, Amber Rudd.

May god have mercy on your souls.

Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:43 pm

they both shoud be in Trump's Super Gitmo
In a cell together, which will be the ultimate torture for them
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:54 pm

veya_victaous wrote:they both shoud be in Trump's Super Gitmo

Would be most interesting lol.   I can hear the conversation now:   HA to LF 'How come you want Trump to be shot but when I suggested he should just get too sick to run you called me all the names under the sun and went off on a left wingers are evil rant'.   Love to hear him explaining that one away.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:58 pm

Are Trump Supporters Too Dumb To Know They’re Dumb? Science Says “Probably” Best-damn-photos-actually-improvement-candidates
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:07 pm

sassy wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:they both shoud be in Trump's Super Gitmo

Would be most interesting lol.   I can hear the conversation now:   HA to LF 'How come you want Trump to be shot but when I suggested he should just get too sick to run you called me all the names under the sun and went off on a left wingers are evil rant'.   Love to hear him explaining that one away.

dead easy....I'm far more humane....

and no being locked up with HA would NOT be te ultimate torture...THAT would be being locked up with you are veya....neither of you know when to STFU
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:08 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
sassy wrote:

dead easy....I'm far more humane....

and no being locked up with HA would NOT be te ultimate torture...THAT would be being locked up with you are veya....neither of you know when to STFU

Well Victor, you are not likely to be teaching anyone that lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:10 pm

listen both of you have as me dad would say...more rattle than a tin of dried peas
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:10 pm

more chatter than a cart load of monkeys
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:11 pm

or, in modern parlance,

more rabbit than sainsburys
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:14 pm

Lord Foul wrote:or, in modern parlance,

more rabbit than sainsburys

Now, aren't you the one who is renowned for gathering rabbits?   Sainsbury's simply can't keep up with you.

Last edited by sassy on Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:14 pm

The empty vessel makes the most noise.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:16 pm

That'll be why you are so loud lol.   You really must get over this obsession with following me on the few occasions I come on now, it's getting quite creepy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:24 pm

sassy wrote:That'll be why you are so loud lol.   You really must get over this obsession with following me on the few occasions I come on now, it's getting quite creepy.

Why can't you put me on ignore? You can't can you?
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:26 pm

Miffs2 wrote:The empty vessel makes the most noise.

All reds gratefully received, it tells me I'm bang on the money Laughing
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:27 pm

I didn't give you are red, my stats haven't moved, you just aren't that important.   In fact, I feel really sorry for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:30 pm

sassy wrote:I didn't give you are red, my stats haven't moved, you just aren't that important.   In fact, I feel really sorry for you.

No need for you to feel sorry for me.
I didn't say you gave the reds, that's where you make the same mistake, you think it's all about you.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:33 pm

Oh where this is concerned it was never about me, it's always been about you and your obsession.   Now I have better things to do, so I'll leave you to chunter on..

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:36 pm

sassy wrote:Oh where this is concerned it was never about me, it's always been about you and your obsession.   Now I have better things to do, so I'll leave you to chunter on..

Of course, but not on ignore eh?!
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:43 pm

I gave it a red cause all miffs ever does is post shitty bitching at other posters..
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:01 am

veya_victaous wrote:I gave it a red cause all miffs ever does is post shitty bitching at other posters..

Hypocrite.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next