NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guantanamo Bay: Former Inmate Flees UK to Join Islamic State Group, Reports Say

+2
nicko
Tommy Monk
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Guantanamo Bay: Former Inmate Flees UK to Join Islamic State Group, Reports Say - Page 2 Empty Guantanamo Bay: Former Inmate Flees UK to Join Islamic State Group, Reports Say

Post by Guest Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

Guantanamo Bay: Former Inmate Flees UK to Join Islamic State Group, Reports Say
Jamal al-Harith, who was released in 2004, was given £1 million from the British government due to claims of mistreatment and is now in Syria to aid the Islamic State, news outlets report.

more

UK gave freed Guantanamo inmate £1million in compensation... now he’s fled to Syria and joined ISIS

Muslim convert Jamal al-Harith was caught in Afghanistan in March 2002
He was sent to the notorious Cuban camp, but was freed two years later
Launched claim against Britain saying agents knew about mistreatment
It is now revealed he escaped UK 18 months ago to join ISIS in Syria

By Ian Drury and Emily Davies for the Daily Mail

Muslim convert Jamal al-Harith was awarded a £1million payout after being released from the US military jail in Cuba in 2004

Muslim convert Jamal al-Harith was awarded a £1million payout after being released from the US military jail in Cuba in 2004

A terror suspect given £1million compensation by Britain after he was freed from Guantanamo Bay has fled to join Islamic State.

Muslim convert Jamal al-Harith was awarded the payout after being released from the US military jail in 2004.

The suspected Taliban sympathiser was flown to the notorious camp in Cuba and locked up after being captured in Afghanistan by US troops in March 2002.

But after intense campaigning by Tony Blair’s government, British citizen al-Harith – who had pleaded his innocence – was let out two years later.

He launched a compensation claim on the grounds British agents knew or were complicit in his mistreatment and was handed up to £1million of taxpayers’ money to stay silent.

But last night it emerged that, despite security services being fully aware of his previous detention, al-Harith was able to escape the UK 18 months ago to fight with IS in Syria. His journey has been revealed following an escape from IS-controlled Syria last month by British mother Shukee Begum and her five children.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3267074/UK-gave-freed-Guantanamo-inmate-1million-compensation-s-fled-Syria-joined-ISIS.html#ixzz3oC0f4RQE

Back to top Go down

Guantanamo Bay: Former Inmate Flees UK to Join Islamic State Group, Reports Say - Page 2 Empty Re: Guantanamo Bay: Former Inmate Flees UK to Join Islamic State Group, Reports Say

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:11 pm

The man was put in guantanemo by the Americans after being caught in Afghanistan being a terrorist, wasn't he...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Guantanamo Bay: Former Inmate Flees UK to Join Islamic State Group, Reports Say - Page 2 Empty Re: Guantanamo Bay: Former Inmate Flees UK to Join Islamic State Group, Reports Say

Post by Guest Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:14 pm

Well yes Tommy, but quill doesnt let a little matter of facts get in his way.......
the principle one being that it was the Yanks that did all this to him.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:24 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:The man was put in guantanemo by the Americans after being caught in Afghanistan being a terrorist, wasn't he...?

I don't know. What does a terrorist look like? Brown eyes...black hair...swarthy skin?

All we really know is he comes from Afghanistan.

It certainly doesn't have to do with facts. If they had facts, they would have gone to trial. And they sure as hell wouldn't have given him all that money.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:26 pm

But quill is claiming this...

"You put a man in a concentration camp for no reason whatsoever, held him and tortured him..."

And...

"You think you can blow up his family, take away his country, and lock him up in a concentration camp and torture him for decades..."

And...

"You forget that you and your RW kind started this whole thing when you picked him off the street for no reason, locked him up for decades and tortured him..."

lol!

I repeat... wasn't this man put in guantanemo by the Americans after he was caught in Afghanistan being a terrorist...!?

Laughing

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:30 pm

victorismyhero wrote:Well yes Tommy, but quill doesnt let a little matter of facts get in his way.......

What facts? If they had facts, they sure wouldn't have let him go.

Victor wrote:the principle one being that it was the Yanks that did all this to him.......

I guess the Brits are responsible for detaining someone with no facts to back them up. I mean, that's the biggest question: WTF, didn't they like his haircut??? They sure as hell didn't have enough to go to a trial.

Then the Americans are guilty of running a concentration camp, and for everything that happened to him after he was in US jurisdiction.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:34 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:But quill is claiming this...

"You put a man in a concentration camp for no reason whatsoever, held him and tortured him..."

And...

"You think you can blow up his family, take away his country, and lock him up in a concentration camp and torture him for decades..."

And...

"You forget that you and your RW kind started this whole thing when you picked him off the street for no reason, locked him up for decades and tortured him..."

lol!

I repeat... wasn't this man put in guantanemo by the Americans after he was caught in Afghanistan being a terrorist...!?
Laughing

Caught and detained by the Brits.  They did the field work, and they are responsible for the complete absence of any facts or evidence with which to stop, detain and hold him.

As I say, the Americans are responsible for running a concentration camp.  I'm not letting them off lightly.  I campaigned hard to have VP Dick Cheney tried for war crimes.  But I guess it's not what you did; it's who you are.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:50 pm

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:54 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:But quill is claiming this...

And...

And...

lol!

Laughing

Caught and detained by the Brits.  They did the field work, and they are responsible for the complete absence of any facts or evidence with which to stop, detain and hold him.

As I say, the Americans are responsible for running a concentration camp.  I'm not letting them off lightly.  I campaigned hard to have VP Dick Cheney tried for war crimes.  But I guess it's not what you did; it's who you are.

what evidence do we need?

was he running around afghan??

yes

was he working on behalf of the west??

no

GUILTY

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:00 pm

uhm...quill get your nose of the table and leave the white line alone a moment....

the report says "captured by US toops

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:07 pm

victorismyhero wrote:uhm...quill get your nose of the table and leave the white line alone a moment....

the report says "captured by US toops

Thank you victor... one of the key facts I was referring to...!

But just an 'inconvenient truth' to the likes of quill...!!!

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2