NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the Dog lovers out there..........

+3
Ben Reilly
Original Quill
SEXY MAMA
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

For the Dog lovers out there.......... - Page 3 Empty For the Dog lovers out there..........

Post by SEXY MAMA Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:04 am

First topic message reminder :

Im thinking of getting a Labrador.

Its my first Dog so I need help lol

Apparently the rescue centre are going to pay my house a visit first!
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

For the Dog lovers out there.......... - Page 3 Empty Re: For the Dog lovers out there..........

Post by Guest Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:46 am

sassy wrote:She's still having a home check by the UK dog charity they work with.

She did say that yes, be interesting to see if there assessment tallies with the UK rehoming places

Back to top Go down

For the Dog lovers out there.......... - Page 3 Empty Re: For the Dog lovers out there..........

Post by Guest Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:53 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Pfft ... when I'm walking my dog the ladies don't know which to look at pirat

I can imagine , I mean who want's to look at two arse holes at once Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:55 am

LOL.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:07 am

In all seriousness . I wouldn't trust an older dog that has been in a shelter for five years .
My children would never be put at risk no matter what and we only need to look at the news a few years back when that five year old girl had her throat ripped out by a shelter dog . Bad decision where children are concerned and irresponsible too .

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:22 pm

It's possible that the dog hasn't been rehomed yet because of the limp. If SM has set her heart on this dog, it would be a shame not to give it a home just because it "might" be this way or that way. The people at the rehoming place will know the dog's temperament anyway.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:26 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:It's possible that the dog hasn't been rehomed yet because of the limp. If SM has set her heart on this dog, it would be a shame not to give it a home just because it "might" be this way or that way. The people at the rehoming place will know the dog's temperament anyway.

That's what was said to Lexi Branson's mother.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:29 pm

Vicar Of Dibley wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:It's possible that the dog hasn't been rehomed yet because of the limp. If SM has set her heart on this dog, it would be a shame not to give it a home just because it "might" be this way or that way. The people at the rehoming place will know the dog's temperament anyway.

But any dog can turn a bit funny VOD.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:31 pm

Most of the dogs that are cared for by Spanish dog charities have to be homes abroad, and it takes a long time, the Spanish aren't 'dog people'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:32 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Vicar Of Dibley wrote:

yes that's why i don't like them . They're hunters but at the end of the day they do bring joy and companionship to many , but i would be very weary around children especially adopted dogs .

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:35 pm

Vicar Of Dibley wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

yes that's why i don't like them . They're hunters but at the end of the day they do bring joy and companionship to many , but i would be very weary around children especially adopted dogs .

Her children are teenagers though. I know of adopted dogs which have lovely temperaments, and I've known dogs which aren't adopted which have got a bit snarly at times. I'm a bit wary around dogs because I was bitten by one once. It was a small dog, so it couldn't do too much damage. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:54 pm

I wouldn't like a dog in my home , they lick their bits and then lick your face , disgusting creatures they belong on farms not in homes .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:53 pm

Vicar Of Dibley wrote:I wouldn't like a dog in my home , they lick their bits and then lick your face , disgusting creatures they belong on farms not in homes .

Yet you have cats? You have never seen a cat licking its bits? Also gawd only knows what a cat is sticking its face in when out alone !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:00 pm

Nems wrote:
Vicar Of Dibley wrote:I wouldn't like a dog in my home , they lick their bits and then lick your face , disgusting creatures they belong on farms not in homes .

Yet you have cats? You have never seen a cat licking its bits? Also gawd only knows what a cat is sticking its face in when out alone !

I don't really care to be honest dogs stink shit all over pavements and belong on a farm .
I don't let my cats in any of the house , they stay in one room and that's it . They're cleaner than dogs and i sure wouldn't trust dogs near my kids when they were little or any child .

I think dogs will eat their own shit and vomit too .

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:11 pm

Vicar Of Dibley wrote:
Nems wrote:

I don't really care to be honest dogs stink shit all over pavements and belong on a farm .
I don't let my cats in any of the house , they stay in one room and that's it . They're cleaner than dogs and i sure wouldn't trust dogs near my kids when they were little or any child .

My cat would not allow me to confine him to one room only. Laughing

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:17 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Vicar Of Dibley wrote:

My cat would not allow me to confine him to one room only. Laughing

I usually sit in the same room with them most of the time so they're not lonely , i just don't like the thought of their fur all over the place and the boy is a cross maine coon and has tons of fur which is long too .
They have plenty of fields to play in too so they're happy Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:11 pm

I've been scratched to ribbons by cats
I hate their bony bodies
They smell funny
Their shit is vile and is so rank it can kill unborn foetuses
They do that claw-digging thing that is NOT nice
They walk all over surfaces (yes they do, when you're not there!)

They don't care that much about humans and only like you because you feed them, they have no loyalty

I wouldn't ever harm one but I do find them cold
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:33 pm

Cat's aren't so high maintenance, and you don't need to give them so much attention. They're not really cold, and at least they don't slobber on your shoes.

They do walk on surfaces though - right in front of you usually. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:39 pm

Eddie, I have two cats they are both very loving. They bring me presents most mornings, mostly Mice which they lay out on the kitchen floor dead, Scruff, the old cat was so worried that I was not eating he brought me a live one and dropped it on my pillow!!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:53 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

i told you what to do, and once again you refuse to listen to me and once again it goes to pot

LIE!!! LIE!!! LIE!!!

lie like a cheap watch

lie like a Muslim (youre good at that)

lie like a politician!!!!!

lying is the only way forward with any jobsworth.

I dont want to lie! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

then stop whining

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:51 pm

nicko wrote:Eddie, I have two cats they are both very loving.   They bring me presents most mornings,  mostly Mice which they lay out on the kitchen floor dead,   Scruff, the old cat was so worried that I was not eating he brought me a live one and dropped it on my pillow!!

Erm yes.... A dead mouse. Very sweet. affraid

I guess there are just dog people and cat people.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:09 pm

eddie wrote:
nicko wrote:Eddie, I have two cats they are both very loving.   They bring me presents most mornings,  mostly Mice which they lay out on the kitchen floor dead,   Scruff, the old cat was so worried that I was not eating he brought me a live one and dropped it on my pillow!!

You would get used to seeing dead mice edds where we live , country houses get them all the time , that's why we have cats .
A few years back when i had my other cat i was sat talking to a friend and in came the cat with a dead mouse and proudly laid it on the floor , we looked at it and carried on talking when suddenly my friend was staring at me , I said 'what's wrong , she said there's a spider on your chair ' well we both shot out of the house Razz we were more scared of a little spider than the mouse lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:12 am

For the Dog lovers out there.......... - Page 3 Z6yJq3k
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:32 pm

Vicar Of Dibley wrote:
eddie wrote:

You would get used to seeing dead mice edds where we live , country houses get them all the time , that's why we have cats .
A few years back when i had my other cat i was sat talking to a friend and in came the cat with a dead mouse and proudly laid it on the floor , we looked at it and carried on talking when suddenly my friend was staring at me , I said 'what's wrong , she said there's a spider on your chair ' well we both shot out of the house Razz we were more scared of a little spider than the mouse lol!

lol!

I'm a city girl Vod. Through and through.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:52 pm

Best dog for a house with young kids is a Lab!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:28 pm

nicko wrote:Best dog for a house with young kids is a Lab!

I agree out of every dog breed i love Labrador they are beautiful .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:29 pm

How did you get on with the doggie Sexy?? For the Dog lovers out there.......... - Page 3 Dog_ki12 x

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:48 am

feelthelove wrote:How did you get on with the doggie Sexy?? For the Dog lovers out there.......... - Page 3 Dog_ki12 x

Finally got the home check visit today at 3pm x
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:49 am

nicko wrote:Best dog for a house with young kids is a Lab!

I thought that too but Sassy said they are very hard work lol
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:15 pm

All dogs are "hard work" I don't agree with that. All dogs need training, if you think it's hard work don't get a puppy. A fully trained dog still needs a little work if it's with a new owner.The dog needs to get used to you and vice-versa. Labs are very intelligent and soon pick up your needs. You also have to understand theirs.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:29 pm

Sorry Nico, but I profoundly disagree.  Labradors are called 'Labrador Retrievers' for a reason.  They are working dogs by breed and need lots of stimulation and lots of exercise to keep them in top condition, or they end up looking like this and being unhappy:

For the Dog lovers out there.......... - Page 3 Overweight-labrador

My lab is nearly 4 years old, he has masses of exercise and a big box of toys and I have the time to play with him for hours every day, consequently he looks like this:

For the Dog lovers out there.......... - Page 3 12108272_10153206591087473_6537872232679215190_n

Labs are country dogs, they like nothing better than to swim for hours and people who live in cities and have busy lives simply can't give them that.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:45 pm

We will have to disagree on that Sass, I must have been lucky with mine, he was easy to train and a wonderful friend to my kids.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:57 pm

nicko wrote:We will have to disagree on that Sass, I must have been lucky with mine, he was easy to train and a wonderful friend to my kids.

My Benny was easy to train too, and so smart and a wonderful mate and loves everyone, not disputing that in any way, but, in comparison to the other dogs I have had, he needs so much more exercise.  My lurcher bless him would go for a run and spend the rest of the 24 hours snuggled up with you.  When I was ill he wouldn't even get off the bed until he was absolutely busting!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:41 am

For the Dog lovers out there.......... - Page 3 CGo6fS3
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:49 am

For the Dog lovers out there.......... - Page 3 Tumblr_nv3ga5VzpI1tyawwjo1_500

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:03 am

For the Dog lovers out there.......... - Page 3 20151120_145534_resized_zpswgycmlrj

For the Dog lovers out there.......... - Page 3 20151221_233541_zpsxgzao34g
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:44 pm

For the Dog lovers out there.......... - Page 3 <a href=For the Dog lovers out there.......... - Page 3 12351010" />

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:50 pm

I think he's saying 'save me a bit!'   Awwwwwww.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:59 pm

sassy wrote:I think he's saying 'save me a bit!'   Awwwwwww.
Lol you not wrong actually Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3