NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Britain during the second world war

+2
Raggamuffin
SEXY MAMA
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Britain during the second world war  Empty Britain during the second world war

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:18 am

Our young men and women stood up against Hitler so why don't the Syrian's fight for their country instead of running away like cowards ?

Some reminders of a war zone which the British people didn't run away from .

Britain during the second world war  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxXdnfdDNpdxi-c3mWXGEA7EV4x9vVLiX7DbCy1AN6C7knzCQLIg

Last edited by Vicar Of Dibley on Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Britain during the second world war  Empty Re: Britain during the second world war

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:25 am

[img]Britain during the second world war  _4879710[/img]

Back to top Go down

Britain during the second world war  Empty Re: Britain during the second world war

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:25 am

To be frank, Britain had an Empire which without it is very unlikly they could have stood up to Hitler. We could reply on the support of men from Canada, Poland, South Africa, Kenya, the Arab Legion, Austrlia, New Zealand, India etc. This is an extensive amount of manpower. Not only that the US helped greatly in resources vital to continue such a conflict. We are an island also which helps being as Hitler would have needed to cross the English channel. Against a far superior and larger Royal Navy would have been extremely difficult for the Germans to invade. How ever if Hitler had invaded there is little doubt the country would have fallen to the Germans. As at the time of the Battle of Britain the Brittish army lacked armour, weapons etc after the fall of Dunkirk, where as the Germans had plenty of armoured divisions.

They are not even comparable situations Dibs.

Last edited by Cuchulain on Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:26 am

[img]Britain during the second world war  _4504110[/img]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:27 am

this is the same, its just you making excuses for lazy cowards who have run away instead of being real men .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:30 am

Vicar Of Dibley wrote:this is the same, its just you making excuses for lazy cowards who have run away instead of being real men .

I have shown they are completely different
For one Britain was not invaded or like Syria involved in a Civil war.
If you wanted a better comparrison then the Spanish Civil war would be a better conflict to compare.
Even then that is still far removed as in this conflict it has also kicked off into Iraq.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:36 am

It may be different in your eyes but not mine ,so no point in going around in circles now is there , unless of course you want to bore me to death Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:38 am

Vicar Of Dibley wrote:It may be different in your eyes but not mine ,so no point in going around in circles now is there , unless of course you want to bore me to death Razz

Which shows you know very little about the Second World War then or the present conflict in Syria:

So again:

Britain had an Empire which without it is very unlikly they could have stood up to Hitler. We could reply on the support of men from Canada, Poland, South Africa, Kenya, the Arab Legion, Austrlia, New Zealand, India etc. This is an extensive amount of manpower. Not only that the US helped greatly in resources vital to continue such a conflict. We are an island also which helps being as Hitler would have needed to cross the English channel. Against a far superior and larger Royal Navy would have been extremely difficult for the Germans to invade. How ever if Hitler had invaded there is little doubt the country would have fallen to the Germans. As at the time of the Battle of Britain the Brittish army lacked armour, weapons etc after the fall of Dunkirk, where as the Germans had plenty of armoured divisions.

They are not even comparable situations Dibs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:41 am

Vicar Of Dibley wrote:Our young men and women stood up against Hitler so why don't the Syrian's ?

Some reminders of a war zone which the British people didn't run away from .

Britain during the second world war  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxXdnfdDNpdxi-c3mWXGEA7EV4x9vVLiX7DbCy1AN6C7knzCQLIg

You really have no idea about what is actually happening in Syria, do you? As Didge said, you can't even compare the two. I suggest you read up and do your homework. I get pig sick of some people's ignorance on here. Not just you by the way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:00 am

I get pig sick of didge and you and others putting others before our own needy , we cannot fall for this as we will have everyone living here , is that what you want a country so overrun that we can't look after anyone .
It's common sense we have to take care of our own problems before thinking about taking care of other countries.

And how do you feel about those Syrian men running away and not fighting for their country when it seems okay that our young men are sent over to war zones and lose their lives. That's just selfish , send our young men to get killed fighting for a country that their own cowards have run from .
you are traitors to your own countrymen and that is disgusting .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:04 am

Vicar Of Dibley wrote:I get pig sick of didge and you and others putting others before our own needy , we cannot fall for this as we will have everyone living here , is that what you want a country so overrun that we can't look after anyone .
It's common sense we have to take care of our own problems before thinking about taking care of other countries.

And how do you feel about those Syrian men running away and not fighting for their country when it seems okay that our young men are sent over to war zones and lose their lives. That's just selfish , send our young men to get killed fighting for a country that their own cowards have run from .  

Victim card alert

Debate the points that were addressed to you.
You have not done so, instead you have evaded them.
All you are doing by the above is looking for a reason to justify being selfish to people who are in need of help.
That shows a lack of compassion, where is these were all Christians, I bet you would be saying the opposite.
The fact is some of them are Christians being that 10% of Syrians are Christians.
You and others use poor selfish negative arguments from a point of view that being born to a land, which you do not own gives you some poor belief you can deny helping others.
Its appalling to be honest.

You brought up the topic of WW2 and yet have not even backed your claims to if they are similar.
So either do so or stop whinging.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:17 am

Cuchulain wrote:
Vicar Of Dibley wrote:I get pig sick of didge and you and others putting others before our own needy , we cannot fall for this as we will have everyone living here , is that what you want a country so overrun that we can't look after anyone .

Victim card alert

All you are doing by the above is looking for a reason to justify being selfish to people who are in need of help.
That shows a lack of compassion, where is these were all Christians, I bet you would be saying the opposite.
The fact is some of them are Christians being that 10% of Syrians are Christians.
You and others use poor selfish negative arguments from a point of view that being born to a land, which you do not own gives you some poor belief you can deny helping others.

You brought up the topic of WW2 and yet have not even backed your claims to if they are similar.

I think you've just hit the nail on the head there. It's true, if these people were not Muslims there wouldn't be the uproar we're seeing now from some. I admire your enthusiasm in trying to educate the few on here on the refugee crisis, I don't have your patience. I've came to the conclusion, especially with the extreme likes of Tommy for example, that they will be forever ignorant in their opinions. They appal me actually.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:25 am

Christie wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Victim card alert

I think you've just hit the nail on the head there. It's true, if these people were not Muslims there wouldn't be the uproar we're seeing now from some. I admire your enthusiasm in trying to educate the few on here on the refugee crisis, I don't have your patience. I've came to the conclusion, especially with the extreme likes of Tommy for example, that they will be forever ignorant in their opinions. They appal me actually.  

Exactly, this is the main reason for all the smoke screens, as it really is about them being Muslims, but as seen this is in error as at least 10% will be Christians. Some are just selfish plain and simply contradict on helping people based on nothing more than geography. They are willing to help people who they do not know from Adam within the boundaries of this country but not outside it. Its absurd really because many people who they wish to help cannot pay into the system, yet they happilly want to help. It shows the reasoning is based on more hate around views to Muslims.

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:30 am

Christie wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Victim card alert

They appal all of us lol Now Imagine if you are a Muslim! Oh Lord!
Didge has always been a very strong advocate on issues like above.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:34 am

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Christie wrote:

I have to be honest on first meeting Christie I got off on the wrong end of the stick and was wrong and can admit that.
I can happilly apologise for that and am sorry if I cause her any offense.
She should keep challenging those with poor views here as the more people challenge with good reason as she does the more their views will fall apart. Negative reasons always do fail badly when they are not based on any rational thinking

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:36 am

Cuchulain wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

I have to be honest on first meeting Christie I got off on the wrong end of the stick and was wrong and can admit that.
She should keep challenging those with poor views here as the more people challenge with good reason as she does the more their views will fall apart. Negative reasons always do fail badly when they are not based on any rational thinking

Indeed.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:43 am

Cuchulain wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

No apology needed, but thank you just the same. I agree with a lot of what you say on here, some I don't and some I admit I don't have the knowledge to understand and participate, but if it interests me then I will read up on it and try and educate myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:45 am

Christie wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

No apology needed, but thank you just the same. I agree with a lot of what you say on here, some I don't and some I admit I don't have the knowledge to understand and participate, but if it interests me then I will read up on it and try and educate myself.  

Thank you, its very interesting many of the debates, some I do not join in as they are in matters I lack understanding.
Though one thing I have learnt is this does spark an interest in learning new things all the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:46 am

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Christie wrote:

I can well imagine you would have a lot to contend with, if you are a Muslim in this current climate. Nice to meet you Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:47 am

Christie wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Knowledge is power Wink
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:47 am

Christie wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

I can well imagine you would have a lot to contend with, if you are a Muslim in this current climate. Nice to meet you Smile

Thank you x
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:48 am

Cuchulain wrote:
Christie wrote:

Thank you, its very interesting many of the debates, some I do not join in as they are in matters I lack understanding.
Though one thing I have learnt is this does spark an interest in learning new things all the time.

Oh I would definitely agree. Despite the squabbles and disagreements, forums can be very educating, especially this one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:59 am

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Christie wrote:

Not all of us. There are a variety of points of view on this issue, and they're all valid.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:01 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

Not all of us. There are a variety of points of view on this issue, and they're all valid.

I was talking about extreme views Ragga.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:04 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Extreme views from whom? Christie appeared to be talking about the views of some people on this forum, and saying that those people appalled her.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:06 pm

Christie was of course one of the people who decided that anyone on here who says they are a Christian is fair game and deserves to be badgered about it - now that's appalling.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:07 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

Extreme views from whom? Christie appeared to be talking about the views of some people on this forum, and saying that those people appalled her.

No she said extreme views like Tommy.........

She used the word extreme in her post, hence my reply.

SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:08 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Christie was of course one of the people who decided that anyone on here who says they are a Christian is fair game and deserves to be badgered about it - now that's appalling.

Im not aware of this so cant comment.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:09 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well he's a member of this forum isn't he? I don't think she was confining her comments to him either.

Besides, I don't think his views are particularly extreme - no more so than some of the "leftie" views, and the anti-Christian views.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:12 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Christie was of course one of the people who decided that anyone on here who says they are a Christian is fair game and deserves to be badgered about it - now that's appalling.

What I actually said was that if you have declared on this forum that you are a Christian, then you open yourself to criticism. This was in response to you complaining about people questioning you on your faith. Please don't mess with my words thank you. I did not say you deserved to be badgered about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:13 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Indeed I did.

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:20 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

Well he's a member of this forum isn't he? I don't think she was confining her comments to him either.

Besides, I don't think his views are particularly extreme - no more so than some of the "leftie" views, and the anti-Christian views.

You are entitled to your opinion but I do believe him to be extreme in every sense of the word.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:21 pm

Christie wrote:

What I actually said was that if you have declared on this forum that you are a Christian, then you open yourself to criticism. This was in response to you complaining about people questioning you on your faith. Please don't mess with my words thank you. I did not say you deserved to be badgered about it.

My actual post

Re: If you were a Refugee
Post by Christie on Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:29 pm

sassy wrote:
You're not a Christian.  A lot of my friends and my daughter's friends are, and they would fall about laughing if they heard you claim that after stating your views.   You are not Christian just by saying it, you have to live by the principles, and you don't.

Raggamuffin wrote:
If you continue to get personal with me, I will get personal back.

Have you yourself openly declared that you are a Christian on this very forum? If so, then you are open to criticism.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:40 pm

Christie wrote:

I'll say what I think, and that's what I think about you - there was no messing with your words. You saw a chance, and you jumped in when it was none of your business, especially as I've never spoken to you about my personal faith. Before you point the finger at others, take a look at yourself first. That's the trouble with some people on here like you - they like to look down on others, but really they're looking up from the gutter.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:41 pm

Christie wrote:
Christie wrote:

My actual post

Re: If you were a Refugee
Post by Christie on Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:29 pm

sassy wrote:
You're not a Christian.  A lot of my friends and my daughter's friends are, and they would fall about laughing if they heard you claim that after stating your views.   You are not Christian just by saying it, you have to live by the principles, and you don't.

Raggamuffin wrote:
If you continue to get personal with me, I will get personal back.

Have you yourself openly declared that you are a Christian on this very forum? If so, then you are open to criticism.

So what did it have to do with you? Oh I know - you're one of these bandwagon jumpers. Sassy got personal, you encouraged her, and that makes you the same as her - a nasty piece of work.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:43 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You are entitled to your opinion but I do believe him to be extreme in every sense of the word.

He just gives a point of view which you and others don't like. He hasn't cornered the market in that - I find some of the views of others on here completely ridiculous.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:45 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Christie wrote:

I'll say what I think, and that's what I think about you - there was no messing with your words.  You saw a chance, and you jumped in when it was none of your business, especially as I've never spoken to you about my personal faith. Before you point the finger at others, take a look at yourself first. That's the trouble with some people on here like you - they like to look down on others, but really they're looking up from the gutter.

So you are bascialy stating such people are filth, with the gutter refernece if they judge .
Wow.
Christie is right if you declare a belief system, this does open up to people questioning a set belief.
All it means is you are over sensitive to that belief you have when it is challenged.
Any belief can be challenged. The fact is what you do not understand is such a challenge comes from you judging others yourself.
They may not be posters on here but people in general.
So you are contradicting yourself where you certainlly do judge others on threads posted where people who are out spoken to a perceive wrong done to them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:48 pm

Christie can do one, and so can Didge. Nobody was "asking" me about my faith, they were badgering me and accusing me of not being a Christian. They know that, which is why they're trying to twist things now and justify themselves. You're both bigots, you just don't know it yet.

I bet Christie wouldn't like to be accused of not being a real human being.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:48 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

He just gives a point of view which you and others don't like. He hasn't cornered the market in that - I find some of the views of others on here completely ridiculous.

And if you find them ridiculous you have every right to challenge them. So whats your point?
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:50 pm

And yes, you are both filth - mainly because you think you're the bees knees and yet you're the worst kind of judgemental bigots - the kind that think nobody else matters except those who share your own views.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:50 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Christie can do one, and so can Didge. Nobody was "asking" me about my faith, they were badgering me and accusing me of not being a Christian. They know that, which is why they're trying to twist things now and justify themselves. You're both bigots, you just don't know it yet.

Everytime now you judge any person from an article I shall just use your own views and words against you.
You just very much so contradicted yourself as you constantly judge others who are not here to respond back to your views.
At least you can reply back but instead are over sensitive.
Stop using the victim card, you have over used it and its out of date.

Last edited by Cuchulain on Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:51 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Christie wrote:

I'll say what I think, and that's what I think about you - there was no messing with your words.  You saw a chance, and you jumped in when it was none of your business, especially as I've never spoken to you about my personal faith. Before you point the finger at others, take a look at yourself first. That's the trouble with some people on here like you - they like to look down on others, but really they're looking up from the gutter.

Seriously Ragga?
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:51 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Christie wrote:

This is a public forum, so any post I see on here is MY business. And like you, I'll say what I think too. You think its just you that has that right to do so? So let me make this especially clear to you. Every post you make on here is my business, whether I choose to comment on it or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:52 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

And if you find them ridiculous you have every right to challenge them. So whats your point?

Do I need a point? Do you ask Didge what his point is when he sits here all day every day spouting off? I suppose it's different now he's decided that Muslims aren't "evil" after all.

I don't think that badgering someone is helpful - I think it was Didge who said that you were badgered for your religious beliefs, and he thought that was a bad thing. According to him, Christians are "fair game" though.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:52 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:And yes, you are both filth - mainly because you think you're the bees knees and yet you're the worst kind of judgemental bigots - the kind that think nobody else matters except those who share your own views.

Are you ok?

I apologise if I missed it all but for the past few days ive been posting nothing could have caused this.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:53 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

Do I need a point? Do you ask Didge what his point is when he sits here all day every day spouting off? I suppose it's different now he's decided that Muslims aren't "evil" after all.

I don't think that badgering someone is helpful - I think it was Didge who said that you were badgered for your religious beliefs, and he thought that was a bad thing. According to him, Christians are "fair game" though.

You clearly haven't read all Didges post then we don't always agree and he doesn't always defend Muslims!

He criticizes everyone
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:54 pm

Christie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

This is a public forum, so any post I see on here is MY business. And like you, I'll say what I think too. You think its just you that has that right to do so? So let me make this especially clear to you. Every post you make on here is my business, whether I choose to comment on it or not.

Well don't bother to pretend to be speaking from the "moral high ground" then. You're not any better than anyone else you know - in fact, you're worse than some because you saw a chance to badger someone who had done nothing to you, and you took it.

You're scum.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:54 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:And yes, you are both filth - mainly because you think you're the bees knees and yet you're the worst kind of judgemental bigots - the kind that think nobody else matters except those who share your own views.

You can call me what you like Rags, they are just words at the end of the day.
If it makes you feel better then so be it, am very used to be called many things,
The reality is though its not going to make you feel good inside at all.

This is now turned from an interesting debate to attention seeking for yourself.

I have said my peace

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:55 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Seriously Ragga?

Yes, seriously.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:55 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Christie can do one, and so can Didge. Nobody was "asking" me about my faith, they were badgering me and accusing me of not being a Christian. They know that, which is why they're trying to twist things now and justify themselves. You're both bigots, you just don't know it yet.

Good grief, the shit you come out with just to cause a ruck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next