NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Paralyzed Bride' uses sexy photos to challenge attitudes about disability

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

'Paralyzed Bride' uses sexy photos to challenge attitudes about disability - Page 2 Empty 'Paralyzed Bride' uses sexy photos to challenge attitudes about disability

Post by Guest Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

Disabled and sexy. The two words are rarely seen together, according to Rachelle Chapman, who decided to change that with a racy photo shoot. Five years after being paralyzed from the chest down following an accident at her bachelorette party, the 29-year-old North Carolina wife and new mom known worldwide as the "paralyzed bride" now wants to be known as something else: a sexy, young woman.
[/size]
'Paralyzed Bride' uses sexy photos to challenge attitudes about disability - Page 2 Paralyzed-bride-boudoir2-today-150806_eac19bd949868e51647720231fc83140.today-inline-large

In a series of professional boudoir photographs she released on her Facebook page to encourage people to see beyond her wheelchair, Chapman poses in nothing but lacy lingerie. She hopes the photos will help people see the romantic potential of people with disabilities. "With these images, I'm saying, this is who I am, this is what I look like, this is what I feel like. I'm still sexy, I'm still a woman, I can still be intimate, but I'm still the exact same person when I get in my chair every morning," she told ODAY.com. "It was a good, positive image to show who I am and what I look like and give a different face to disability." It took a long time before Chapman felt confident enough to both take the photos and share them with the public.

'Paralyzed Bride' uses sexy photos to challenge attitudes about disability - Page 2 Paralyzed-bride-boudoir-today-150806_b54e2bee68cfeb498c59686e9b6aa204.today-inline-large

On May 23, 2010, Chapman fell into a swimming pool after being playfully pushed by one of her bridesmaids. She fractured the C6 vertebra in her neck. "After an injury like this, you wonder how can you be sexy and intimate again, and I think after five years, I've figured it out," she said. "I'm happy as I can be, and I want to show other women, not only in my exact situation but also anyone who thinks there's something 'wrong' with them, that's not who they are. I don't like the disability that I have, at all, but my disability is not who I am."

http://www.today.com/news/paralyzed-bride-uses-sexy-photos-challenge-attitudes-about-disability-t37146

Have a good day people.

Back to top Go down

'Paralyzed Bride' uses sexy photos to challenge attitudes about disability - Page 2 Empty Re: 'Paralyzed Bride' uses sexy photos to challenge attitudes about disability

Post by Guest Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:34 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

I am not presuming to know any just this one who you castigated for how she feels good about herself and yet you judged her for it.
That is bitterness a poor trait you have where others are happy

Yes, but she's claiming she's doing it for other woman, not just for herself. I think it's attention seeking either way tbh. I don't see why I shouldn't say that just because she's disabled.

She is doing for other disabled women, so do you know how that feels?
No
She does, you do not
I thinbk you have an inability to understand how others feel it seems

Back to top Go down

'Paralyzed Bride' uses sexy photos to challenge attitudes about disability - Page 2 Empty Re: 'Paralyzed Bride' uses sexy photos to challenge attitudes about disability

Post by Guest Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:37 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

So you are dragging up old comments to excuse your ignorance here?
Seriously how desperate are you when losing a debate?
Any comment said like that was poor of me. so bang goes your poor defense

It was Sassy who mentioned your comment about saggy breasts actually, but she did make a good point. If this woman was 40 years older, would you be so impressed?

Not surpirse she did she always shit stirs and is quite pathetic.
She I have no sympathy for because she is scum, just like she felt when Maggie died

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:37 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Yes, but she's claiming she's doing it for other woman, not just for herself. I think it's attention seeking either way tbh. I don't see why I shouldn't say that just because she's disabled.

No
She does, you do not

Do you know how it feels to be a woman?

Don't answer that. Razz

She does not know, she only knows how it feels to be herself.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:38 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It was Sassy who mentioned your comment about saggy breasts actually, but she did make a good point. If this woman was 40 years older, would you be so impressed?

She I have no sympathy for because she is scum, just like she felt when Maggie died

It was a good point though. You do judge women on how they look, or how you think they look.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:40 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

No
She does, you do not

Don't answer that. Razz

Copout answer again.

I have no idea how she feels to be disabled.

Do you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:41 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

It was a good point though. You do judge women on how they look, or how you think they look.

Its a shite point and its pathetic deflective bollocks
She is scum and she jumped for joy over someone dying.
How scummy is that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:41 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Don't answer that. Razz

Copout answer again.

Do you?

Well then why are you speaking for her?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:41 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

How scummy is that.

Well no, because you made a similar comment about me being "ugly".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:44 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Copout answer again.

Do you?

Copout answer agaian
Nope I am backing her actions

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:45 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Copout answer agaian

Well you would, wouldn't you? Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:45 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

How scummy is that.

Copout answer again

To me in many cases your views are ugly.

So anything on my points oir are you do a Twatty and deflecting and wasting my time?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:46 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Copout answer again

So anything on my points oir are you do a Twatty and deflecting and wasting my time?

Oh, you meant physically ugly, so don't pretend you didn't ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:46 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Copout answer agaian

Well you would, wouldn't you? Laughing

Boring.
Let me know when youy want to debate again

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:47 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Copout answer again

No your views are very ugly, which makes you an ugly person dear
Laughing

Hilarious attempt to get yourself out of a hole I must say

Your views are very ugly love

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:49 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Laughing

I see you are pretending you didn't mean physically ugly.

When you decide to be honest, maybe we can debate again ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:51 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Laughing

Well I am sure that ugly views even make someone pretty look ugly.

Have you never heard that before?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:54 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Don't bother Didge. You're sexist and you judge woman based on what they look like. This is why you like those pictures, not because she's disabled ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:56 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Don't bother Didge. You're sexist and you judge woman based on what they look like. This is why you like those pictures, not because she's disabled ...

Ha ha ha ha ha

Except you are being sexist here on your views not I.
I respect her stance, and its you that does not making you sexists dear Rags.

Please spare me your pathetic excuses.
I just make you look again a tiit and you still drag out looking one.

On your head be it

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:58 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Ha ha ha ha ha

On your head be it

There's no need to bring breasts into it again Didge.

Honestly, you're obsessed ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:59 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Ha ha ha ha ha

On your head be it

Copout and another debate I just spanked you with Rags as you now offer pitiful posts in reply ha ha ha ha

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:00 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Copout and another debate I just spanked you with Rags as you now offer pitiful posts in reply ha ha ha ha

Spanked?

This gets worse and worse ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:02 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Who is she trying to impress? Men? She's married, so why would she want to impress other men?

Is she trying to impress women? Is she saying - hey ladies, if you're in a wheelchair, you too can look as sexy as me.

I see it more as a way of her promoting a disibilty as not a necesaarly bad thing?
She's trying to be a good role model for other disabled women.

It's a good thing surely?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:04 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Think that's a tad unfair.
Didge is getting on my nerves today but I don't think that's a fair assumption rags.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:05 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Who is she trying to impress? Men? She's married, so why would she want to impress other men?

Is she trying to impress women? Is she saying - hey ladies, if you're in a wheelchair, you too can look as sexy as me.

I see it more as a way of her promoting a disibilty as not a necesaarly bad thing?
She's trying to be a good role model for other disabled women.

It's a good thing surely?

As I said, if she showed what people in wheelchairs can do, I might agree, but this is just posing in underwear to show off. How is that being a role model for other disabled women, or for any women?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:06 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Didge is getting on my nerves today but I don't think that's a fair assumption rags.

Of course it's fair. He wouldn't be saying all this if she wasn't young with a nice figure or if she was just sitting there with her clothes on.

Feel free to ignore his nasty comments to me of course ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:07 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Do you know what, you have shown me what a selsih prick you are.

Now fuck off Eddie do not ever slimke up to me again making out children are responsible for mistakes and base this on mental health.

Now I truley dispise you as much as I do sassy

Goodnight

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:08 pm

Well that went well ... Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:16 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Well that went well ... Laughing

He's a nut job sometimes Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:23 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Well that went well ... Laughing

And as seen you are scum who I will now never forgive.

That is the sicillian in me.

Never seen so many lame answers and Eddiue everything I said here i know you agree with,
That is what makes it worse, you are such a lemon sucking up to people

Pathetic
Do not worry not going to bother myself with such two faced idiots as yourself for a whille

I took rags aprt here and all she could do was turn it about me, that is why she is pathetic also

Laters

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:27 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
eddie wrote:

Never seen so many lame answers and Eddiue everything I said here i know you agree with,

Pathetic
Do not worry not going to bother myself with such two faced idiots as yourself for a whille

I took rags aprt here and all she could do was turn it about me, that is why she is pathetic also

Laters

You did nothing of the kind. What's wrong with you? You seem to spend your days determined to "take people apart". I didn't like what the woman did, you did like it. Nobody "wins", it's just a discussion.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:52 pm

I am not even sure why he's gone off the deep end tbh?
All I said was that you calling him sexist because of his view in this thread was a tad unfair!?

'Paralyzed Bride' uses sexy photos to challenge attitudes about disability - Page 2 3296370939
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:54 pm

eddie wrote:I am not even sure why he's gone off the deep end tbh?
All I said was that you calling him sexist because of his view in this thread was a tad unfair!?

'Paralyzed Bride' uses sexy photos to challenge attitudes about disability - Page 2 3296370939

Well that's not the only reason I called him sexist. It was also because of his "saggy breasts" comment, and the comments about me and other women on here being "ugly".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:24 pm

Ok well I didn't know that you were referring to that.

Doesnt matter.
He kills debate with his unreasonable and unwarranted behaviour.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:27 pm

eddie wrote:Ok well I didn't know that you were referring to that.

Doesnt matter.

I quite clearly referred to those incidents in my posts. You jumped in and were very quick to have a go at me, whilst completely ignoring his comments in this thread. It kind of backfired against you though.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:30 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:Ok well I didn't know that you were referring to that.

Doesnt matter.

I quite clearly referred to those incidents in my posts. You jumped in and were very quick to have a go at me, whilst completely ignoring his comments in this thread. It kind of backfired against you though.

Rags. No matter what I do I seem to be accused of being biased against someone!!
I apologise, I possibly skimmed your post or didn't backroad far enough - I was playing darts in the garden at the same time and texting a friend about tomorrow

I suck at darts. Sad
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:33 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Rags. No matter what I do I seem to be accused of being biased against someone!!
I apologise, I possibly skimmed your post or didn't backroad far enough - I was playing darts in the garden at the same time and texting a friend about tomorrow

I suck at darts. Sad

It's OK. Try pinning a photo of Didge to the dartboard next time, and your aim might be better. Laughing

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:38 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I suck at darts. Sad

It's OK. Try pinning a photo of Didge to the dartboard next time, and your aim might be better. Laughing

Hahahahahaha i think that's what my other half does. He always gets the bullseye when I'm not looking Suspect
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:09 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Pathetic

Laters

You did nothing of the kind. What's wrong with you? You seem to spend your days determined to "take people apart". I didn't like what the woman did, you did like it. Nobody "wins", it's just a discussion.

You had no views Rags as seen they were taken apart because you fail to consider the view of the indivual themselves.

You do not like many things when people show confidence which is a consistant view you have it seems

I will ignore the whinging from Eddie and yes you are biased as I proved

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:29 am

Raggamuffin wrote:I don't like it.

What the hell is the little deviant putting in the search engine to find these things?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:30 am

Nems wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I don't like it.

What the hell is the little deviant putting in the search engine to find these things?!

Post reported

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:36 am

Cuchulain wrote:
Nems wrote:

Post reported

So what?
It's a good question.
What do you google to find the things you do ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:38 am

Nems wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Post reported

So what?
It's a good question.
What do you google to find the things you do ?

If you must know I found this on goodnews huffington post which then linked you to this article.

What is deviant about a woman with disabilities feeling good about how sexy she looks?

So its not a good questions you are as seen trying to stir here after your other thread fell apart.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:26 am

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You had no views Rags as seen they were taken apart because you fail to consider the view of the indivual themselves.

You do not like many things when people show confidence which is a consistant view you have it seems

You mean you just didn't like my views.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:29 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Your views tend to be on the negative side all the time.
This is about the person themselves combating stigmas, which is very important.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:34 am

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

My views on this particular thread are also positive because I'm saying that women don't need to prove to anyone that they're sexy, and being sexy isn't as important as some people seem to think it is. That's a positive thing.

I've never heard anyone say - oh, look at that person in a wheelchair, they're so unsexy. Have you?

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:38 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

My views on this particular thread are also positive because I'm saying that women don't need to prove to anyone that they're sexy, and being sexy isn't as important as some people seem to think it is. That's a positive thing.

I've never heard anyone say - oh, look at that person in a wheelchair, they're so unsexy. Have you?

Saying they do not need to, fails to understand that there are stigma's
That they should not have to would be more the point but the reality is they do have to because such stigma's do exist.
I have heard sadly people insult people in wheelchairs over their attractiveness, one I used to work with which ended up with a disciplinary.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:46 am

Well I think she's demeaned herself, and I think she's giving out the wrong message to others. I don't care if that's a negative view.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:49 am

Raggamuffin wrote:Well I think she's demeaned herself, and I think she's giving out the wrong message to others. I don't care if that's a negative view.

But its not about you Rags, its about how she feels and what is important to her in this regards even more so because she is disabled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:52 am

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Well I think she's demeaned herself, and I think she's giving out the wrong message to others. I don't care if that's a negative view.

But its not about you Rags, its about how she feels and what is important to her in this regards even more so because she is disabled.

How many more times do I have to say that she claims she's doing this on behalf of others? If she puts it in the public domain, I can comment and say what I think. If it makes her feel good, that's up to her, but she's not just saying that.

If you didn't want comments, why did you start this thread?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:55 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

How many more times do I have to say that she claims she's doing this on behalf of others? If she puts it in the public domain, I can comment and say what I think. If it makes her feel good, that's up to her, but she's not just saying that.

If you didn't want comments, why did you start this thread?

Yes but you are not disabled are you or suffer what many disabled people suffer with stigmas, so you are not in any position to judge here not even understanding their situation. You can comment on what you like just like I can comment and show why your views are based not on how you feel but what disabled people feel.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next